Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity (125157 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! / What Does This Mean: Spirit,Water And Blood Bear Witness On Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
Maximus69:

But rottennaija won't believe that nah! smiley
he will eventually believe.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hupernikao: 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2020
Myer:

1 Corinthians 2:1-5
And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

1 Corinthians 4:20- For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.

This is why it's not argument that makes believers but the demonstration of Power but unfortunately Christians today do not demonstrate that, even the Pastors only display excellence of speech in Motivation speaking and gimmicks nothing more.

Ask them why there is no power, why the lame are not walking, why the blind do not see, why the nations is getting worse despite the number of churches, why after all pastors prayers and prayers of agreement the sick still dies, they will start making up excuses.

Even the Jews knew scriptures, in fact so much so that Jesus specifically warned his disciples to beware of their doctrines/leaven. Matt 16:5-12
What differentiated the disciples from the Jews was their belief in Jesus and the demonstration of the Power of God in their lives.

This convinced the early disciples of the their faith.

1 John 1: 1-4
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life-
2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us—
3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.
4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.

Without this it becomes like just every other religion claiming to be the only true religion.

Good one.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
Myer:

1 Corinthians 2:1-5
And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

1 Corinthians 4:20- For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.

This is why it's not argument that makes believers but the demonstration of Power but unfortunately Christians today do not demonstrate that, even the Pastors only display excellence of speech in Motivation speaking and gimmicks nothing more.

Ask them why there is no power, why the lame are not walking, why the blind do not see, why the nations is getting worse despite the number of churches, why after all pastors prayers and prayers of agreement the sick still dies, they will start making up excuses.

Even the Jews knew scriptures, in fact so much so that Jesus specifically warned his disciples to beware of their doctrines/leaven. Matt 16:5-12
What differentiated the disciples from the Jews was their belief in Jesus and the demonstration of the Power of God in their lives.

This convinced the early disciples of the their faith.

1 John 1: 1-4
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life-
2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us—
3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.
4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.

Without this it becomes like just every other religion claiming to be the only true religion.

God's people experienced miracles but not all the time!

There are reasons for miracles, God doesn't need to prove himself before those having faith in his words, miracles are for three purposes;
(1) To help his faithful servants build confidence in his promises.
(2) To save his faithful worshipers in times of distress.
(3) To fulfil his purposes.

All these three God has displayed several times in the past so faithful servants don't need miracles anymore to believe (trust) him. So instead of expecting miracles they are prepared to die for their faith! Daniel 3:16-18

The period a miracle occur may take 200-300 years interval before another, it's when Jesus came that miracles occurred incessantly because as the King of God's Kingdom the Messiah must be identified by mighty works.
John was the last prophet before Jesus, even with all the regards and respect Jews had for John he never performed one single miracle! John 10:41

After Jesus' death and ascension to heaven, the holy spirit came and rested upon the Christians to show that a new covenant has just been sealed, the Jews had been expecting this for long {Joel 2:28} that's what Peter reminded faithful Jews at Pentecost! Act 2:16-17

Those signs were to help the Jews IDENTIFY the group God approved in the first century out of almost 5 rival groups in Israel.

In our time God never promised us any spectacular signs except LOVE, JOY and PEACE amongst God's people! Micah 4:1-3

That's why there is no religion having Abrahamic background that can perform any real miracles this time, all you'll see is deceit! Matthew 7:21-23

True Christians today aren't performing any miracles but there is LOVE JOY PEACE PATIENCE GOODNESS GENTLENESS FAITH MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL in their midst! Galatians 5:22-23

God bless you!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Myer(m): 4:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
Maximus69:

God's people experienced miracles but not all the time!

There are reasons for miracles, God doesn't need to prove himself before those having faith in his words, miracles are for three purposes;
(1) To help his faithful servants build confidence in his promises.
(2) To save his faithful worshipers in times of distress.
(3) To fulfil his purposes.

All these three God has displayed several times in the past so faithful servants don't need miracles anymore to believe (trust) him. So instead of expecting miracles they are prepared to die for their faith! Daniel 3:16-18

The period a miracle occur may take 200-300 years interval before another, it's when Jesus came that miracles occurred incessantly because as the King of God's Kingdom the Messiah must be identified by mighty works.
John was the last prophet before Jesus, even with all the regards and respect Jews had for John he never performed one single miracle! John 10:41

After Jesus' death and ascension to heaven, the holy spirit came and rested upon the Christians to show that a new covenant has just been sealed, the Jews had been expecting this for long {Joel 2:28} that's what Peter reminded faithful Jews at Pentecost! Act 2:16-17

Those signs were to help the Jews IDENTIFY the group God approved in the first century out of almost 5 rival groups in Israel.

In our time God never promised us any spectacular signs except LOVE, JOY and PEACE amongst God's people! Micah 4:1-3

That's why there is no religion having Abrahamic background that can perform any real miracles this time, all you'll see is deceit! Matthew 7:21-23

True Christians today aren't performing any miracles but there is LOVE JOY PEACE PATIENCE GOODNESS GENTLENESS FAITH MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL in their midst! Galatians 5:22-23

God bless you!

How then do you explain Mark 16:15-18?
And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
[/b]And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Besides the 1 Corinthians 13: 8-10 which is subject to interpretation, which other scriptures confirm that signs and miracles will cease?
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
Myer:

And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
[/b]And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Besides the 1 Corinthians 13: 8-10 which is subject to interpretation, which other scriptures confirm that signs and miracles will cease?

Thanks for the observation! smiley

Jesus is the Messiah (Christ) even though majority of the Jews never acknowledge him, but whether they do or not God's arrangement will not be altered!

God's plan is for another covenant to be sealed when the Messiah comes, so the Jews themselves knew quite alright that whenever their Messiah's presence has been felt there will be a sign, God's holy spirit will be poured out on faithful Jews and they will see visions, dreams and so many other powerful signs! Joel 2:28

That was the import of Jesus' comments compare to Act 2:16-18, but as the message began living the territories of the Jews, such spectacular signs will begin to diminish, because those signs were STRICTLY meant for the Jews NOT Gentiles! Mark 7:25-28
Jesus emphatically made it clear that his presence and signs was meant for Jews because they're the children of Jacob that God made the promise to! Matthew 15:24 compare to Genesis 12:3

By the time the last Apostle died there was nothing like miracles or signs of any kind again, the purpose has been met, the whole message and visions has been completed and the last Bible book Revelations has been completed (sealed) Revelation 22:18-21

So whoever wants to worship the God of Israel no more needed any miracles but believe in the things written about the God of Israel NOT expecting to see someone or something spectacular before trusting in God's word {John 20:29} true believers today only need to trust the message in the Bible that was brought to them by his well organized and orderly people! John 17:20 compare to Romans 10:13-15

God bless you! smiley

4 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Myer(m): 9:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus is the Messiah (Christ) even though majority of the Jews never acknowledge him, but whether they do or not God's arrangement will not be altered!

God's plan is for another covenant to be sealed when the Messiah comes, so the Jews themselves knew quite alright that whenever their Messiah's presence has been felt there will be a sign, God's holy spirit will be poured out on faithful Jews and they will see visions, dreams and so many other powerful signs! Joel 2:28

That was the import of Jesus' comments compare to Act 2:16-18, but as the message began living the territories of the Jews, such spectacular signs will begin to diminish, because those signs were STRICTLY meant for the Jews NOT Gentiles! Mark 7:25-28
Jesus emphatically made it clear that his presence and signs was meant for Jews because they're the children of Jacob that God made the promise to! Matthew 15:24 compare to Genesis 12:3

By the time the last Apostle died there was nothing like miracles or signs of any kind again, the purpose has been met, the whole message and visions has been completed and the last Bible book Revelations has been completed (sealed) Revelation 22:18-21

So whoever wants to worship the God of Israel no more needed any miracles but believe in the things written about the God of Israel NOT expecting to see someone or something spectacular before trusting in God's word {John 20:29} true believers today only need to trust the message in the Bible that was brought to them by his well organized and orderly people! John 17:20 compare to Romans 10:13-15

God bless you! smiley

You were unable to give any other scriptural reference that confirms that signs and miracles would cease. All you gave is your organisations interpretation of God's plan.

True, Jesus did say he came for the lost sheep of Israel and not gentiles.Matt 10:5-6
But you should have studied further.

Because the Jews rejected him, he turned to the gentiles as prophesied, to make the jews jealous and to bless the nations of the world as promised to Abraham. Romans 11
The signs aren't for Jews alone because Jesus healed several Gentiles- the Samaritan wonan, Roman Centurion's servant, Samaritan leper, Canaanite woman's daughter and many others.

Jews rejected- Matthew 21:23, Luke 14:15-24 (parable)
Gentiles chosen to provoke jealousy in the Jews so that they will turn to him. Roman's 11:7-11
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Myer(m): 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2020
Maximus69:

God bless you! smiley

You were unable to give any other scriptural reference that confirms that signs and miracles would cease. All you gave is your organisations interpretation of God's plan.

True, Jesus did say he came for the lost sheep of Israel and not gentiles.Matt 10:5-6

Because the Jews rejected him, he turned to the gentiles as prophesied, to make the jews jealous and to bless the nations of the world as promised to Abraham. Romans 11
The signs aren't for Jews alone because Jesus healed several Gentiles- the Samaritan wonan, Roman Centurion's servant, Samaritan leper, Canaanite woman's daughter and many others.

Gentiles chosen to provoke jealousy in the Jews so that they will turn to him. Roman's 11:7-11

No where else in scriptures is it confirmed that signs would cease.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
Myer:

No where else in scriptures is it confirmed that signs would cease.

I told you already that Jesus' miracles is for the Jews but because Gentiles put faith in him, many of them became heirs to the promise made to Jacob's children!

But as times go by the power to perform signs began diminishing until there was no miracles in their midst anymore

There is no need for arguments on this Sir, it's a simple case!

I have explained what i understood from studying my Bible and you said it can't be true.
It's just like someone saying "2+2=4" please instead of arguing about it, just ask him to put it into practice that's all! smiley

You said it's the interpretation of my Organization, well this same Organization is
© Preaching and teaching people globally.
© Uniting people from all nations as one.
© Rendered money powerless in their midst so there is nothing like struggle for prominence and fame amongst them.
© Raised the best of husbands, wives and children throughout the world.
© Disarm all their members so that none of them will carry weapons for any reason whatsoever.

Well they're claiming that is the sign Jesus promised will be their identifying mark! John 13:34-35

But your friends insisting they are going to perform miracles even greater than that of Jesus are there now o, they can't face Covid19!

So present the evidence of your theory that says miracles still exists, but i'm telling you that there is no Christian group performing REAL miracles today again, it's all a deceit!

God bless you! smiley

3 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
Meanwhile i'll love to seize this opportunity to mourn a great friend, senior and brother in the field of music! cry

2 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
Maximus69:
Meanwhile i'll love to seize this opportunity to mourn a great friend and brother in the field of music!
is he your friend?i have not heard of his music before sef.I only saw his death online

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Myer(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2020
Maximus69:

I told you already that Jesus' miracles is for the Jews but because Gentiles put faith in him, many of them became heirs to the promise made to Jacob's children!

But as times go by the power to perform signs began diminishing until there was no miracles in their midst anymore

I have explained what i understood from studying my Bible and you said it can't be true.
It's just like someone saying "2+2=4" please instead of arguing about it, just ask him to put it into practice that's all! smiley

You said it's the interpretation of my Organization, well this same Organization is
© Rendered money powerless in their midst so there is nothing like struggle for prominence and fame amongst them.
© Disarm all their members so that none of them will carry weapons for any reason whatsoever.

Well they're claiming that is the sign Jesus promised will be their identifying mark! John 13:34-35

But your friends insisting they are going to perform miracles even greater than that of Jesus are there now o, they can't face Covid19!

So present the evidence of your theory that says miracles still exists, but i'm telling you that there is no Christian group performing REAL miracles today again, it's all a deceit!

God bless you! smiley

Still no scriptural reference.

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by KNOWMORE56: 10:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=Peacefullove post=90255259]

Rozz, Can you see this fellow dont know anything, as young as you are , Its was a basic knowledge that Who Jacob fought with was an Angel, But see the gibberish Shadeyinka is vomitting @ colored ? I told u all his initial gra gra na empty Noise.

Shadeyinka , Here is the prove that the man is an angel.

Hosea 12:3,4
In the womb he grasped his brother’s heel;
as a man he struggled with God.
4 He struggled with the angel and overcame him;

The Angel is called God . capital letter.

Shadeyinka , over to you

The Angel is called Jehovah in Genesis 18:1-10. Do JWs agree ?

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by KNOWMORE56: 10:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=Timalt post=90257482]

More bark and no bite.

Before we forget or allow you distort what you really said, here it is and I quot noe

You claimed it was all allegations and that there is zero proof the allegations were genuine. I called your bluff and exposed that wicked lie of yours. I showed overwhelming evidence that there are child molesters in your organization.
I even provided links and screenshots of prosecuted ones, some were elders.

I also never referred to the Australian royal commission as a court. There you go lying through your teeth again. This is what I said and I quote

The report and the videos from the Australian royal commission was an enquiry into a documented 1006 confirmed child abuse cases that was never reported to the Authorities. Imagine a whooping 1006 cases over a period of long period of time within the Jehovah witness organization.

Of course your religion has made policy reforms especially since the early 2000s and especially in 2019 as a result of the negative press it has received and the pressure mounted on it by civil rights organizations.
For an organization that claims to be led by God's spirit to have to make positive policy reforms to protect children because of pressure from "Satans world" is revealing. One would expect that a religion that constantly boasts of being directed by holy spirit to blaze the trail in providing child protective policies, but no. "Satans organizations" had to tell you the right thing to do.

For example November 1 1995 Watchtower said this
What if the sufferer decides that he wants to make an accusation? Then the two elders can advise him that, in line with the principle at Matthew 18:15, he should personally approach the accused about the matter. If the accuser is not emotionally able to do this face-to-face, it can be done by telephone or perhaps by writing a letter. In this way the one accused is given the opportunity to go on record before Jehovah with his answer to the accusation. He may even be able to present evidence that he could not have committed the abuse. Or perhaps the one accused will confess, and a reconciliation may be achieved. What a blessing that would be! If there is a confession, the two elders can handle matters further in accordance with Scriptural principles.

Imagine, telling a child abuse victim to confront the accused. Imagine how traumatic it would be for a sexually abused victim to confront her or his abuser. So disgusting!

It had to take "Satans world" to make them do the right thing. To scrap such twisted application of scripture. Now the abused is no longer asked to confront their abusers. For an organization that boasts of God's wisdom and direction, it definitely didn't show wisdom with such policies.

Finally, go and report yourself to the elders my brother. Don't let a guilty conscience make you bitter. I didn't make the rules. Please go and meet the elders for help. Armageddon is just around the corner o. grin

Thank you :

Funny @ Armageddon is just around the corner o.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by KNOWMORE56: 11:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=shadeyinka post=90278633]

I REPEAT:
There is not one scripture that calls an Angel- God(the creator). If there is, is the Angel Micheal or Gabriel?
But trust the JWs brains that has been reduced to the level of a toddler with low IQ, they forget that using their same argument, Man is also God(the creator)! SMH!

I have been watching you all dance about like satans first born who thought he won a jackpot for his father.

Since the truth is adverse to you, let me point it out to you.

1. The scripture cannot lie nor can it be broken.
2. The Bible, For the same Personality Jacob fought with, called this being
i. A Man
Gen 32:24: "And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day."
ii. the Angel
Hos 12:4: "Yes, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication to him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spoke with us;"
iii. God
Gen 32:28,30: "And he said, Your name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince have you power with God and with men, and have prevailed. … And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

3. Even Toddlers in Sunday school know that this is only true (as the bible cannot contradict itself) if God assumes the form of an Angel or a Man. Man cannot assume the form of an Angel nor God and neither can an Angel be God (the Creator).

This is seen here with Abraham
Gen 18:1-2:
"And the LORD appeared to him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, see, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,"

Gen 18:16-17:
"And the men rose up from there, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;"

Gen 18:22:
"And the men turned their faces from there, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD ."

Gen 19:1:
"And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;"

4. As far as JWs are concerned,
Angels are called God but they forget that the converse (God being called an Angel) is more true.

Of course, No Man has seen God (as God) except God distills Himself in a lower form suitable for the sight of man.

"And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called to him out of the middle of the bush , and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I."
Exo 33:20,23:
"And he said, You can not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. … And I will take away my hand, and you shall see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen."

JWs cannot understand it. If Moses didn't see God's face but he saw only Gods back, what has he seen and the meaning of this?

Exodus 33:11
So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle.

Yes, no man can see God (in His Glory) and live.
1Jn 4:12:
"No man has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwells in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Yet God has made Himself visible to men in times past but not in His Glory as God.
(People like Maximus do not understand this).

Back to the issue of an Angel being God. You can go worship angels if you want. But do you as JW agree according to how you interpret the scriptures that JWs have three Gods
i. the Almighty God
ii. the Angel
iii. a Man

The bone of contention again:
If we cannot dicipher between three likely Gods of the Almighty God, Angel who is God and a Human being who is God, then you have the most confused English translation of the scriptures in the whole universe.

If the Angel is God, is the Angel also Man?
conversely
If the Man is God, is the Man also Angel?

Cc:
Rozz
Maximus
TATIME
Janosky

May the Almighty continue to increase His knowledge in you, IJN.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Janosky: 11:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
KNOWMORE56:

The Angel is called Jehovah in Genesis 18:1-10. Do JWs agree ?

Bros have you ever read and study Judges 6:11-22 and Judges 13:2-22?
If you understand Judges 6:11-22 and Judges 13:2-22, you would understand Genesis 18:1-10.
Remember this:
"No man has seen God at anytime", John1:18.
"My Father, You have neither seen his shape nor heard his voice" John 5:37. Exodus 33:20.

In Genesis 18:1-10 the Angels is a messenger representing Jehovah.

John 14:9-10, John 7:16, Matt10:40. John 17:18 Jesus Christ is saying himself is a Messenger of his God and Father.
If RECEIVE the Messenger, you have RECEIVED the One who sent the Messenger.
But Una TWIST am to something else.

Conclusion:
Jehovah is not an ANGEL.
Judges 6:11-22 and Judges 13:2-22 is not rocket science.
Shalom

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by KNOWMORE56: 11:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=Janosky post=90355410]

Bros have you ever read and study Judges 6:11-22 and Judges 13:2-22?
If you understand Judges 6:11-22 and Judges 13:2-22, you would understand Genesis 18:1-10.
Remember this:
"No man has seen God at anytime", John1:18.
"My Father, You have neither seen his shape nor heard his voice" John 5:37. Exodus 33:20.

In Genesis 18:1-10 the Angels is a messenger representing Jehovah.

John 14:9-10, John 7:16, Matt10:40. John 17:18 Jesus Christ is saying himself is a Messenger of his God and Father.
If RECEIVE the Messenger, you have RECEIVED the One who sent the Messenger.
But Una TWIST am to something else.

Conclusion:
Jehovah is not an ANGEL.
Judges 6:11-22 and Judges 13:2-22 is not rocket science.
Shalom

"Jehovah is not an angel" but
An angel is Jehovah.
Is that what you are saying?
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Janosky: 11:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=KNOWMORE56 post=90355208][/quote]
It's a non issue because Shadeyinka's false claim have been dealt with.

Case closed. grin
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by KNOWMORE56: 11:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
1×1×1=1. That is, Father multiply by Son x Holy Ghost = Almighty One.

Note: multiply means increased, i.e Father increased the Son, increased the Holy Ghost equal to Almighty One.

From this example (1×1×1=1), no description given to the first one (1) that is lacking in the rest.

There is no single quality found in the Father that is not found in the Son and the Holy Ghost.

Take it or leave it.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Janosky: 11:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
KNOWMORE56:

John 5:37. John 6:46 why would a so called believer in Christ argue against Jesus Christ & claim Jesus is lying?
Exodus 33:20, John 1:18, why would kNOWMORE claim that Jehovah is lying?

Bros Judges 6:11-22 whom did Gideon see ?
Judges 13-2-22, whom did Manoah and his wife see ?
Genesis 18:1-10 = Hebrews 13:2.

Hebrew EL (God ) is a title for man , Jehovah, Angels and Jesus.
The screenshot is very self explanatory
KNOWMORE one track mind no wan leave Trinity DELUSION.
grin grin
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Janosky: 11:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
KNOWMORE56:
1×1×1=1. That is, Father multiply by Son x Holy Ghost = Almighty One.

Note: multiply means increased, i.e Father increased the Son, increased the Holy Ghost equal to Almighty One.

From this example (1×1×1=1), no description given to the first one (1) that is lacking in the rest.

There is no single quality found in the Father that is not found in the Son and the Holy Ghost.

Take it or leave it.
Ghost is a demon. No demon is holy grin grin

Bros, If it PLEASES you to believe your DELUSION.
I have no problem with that.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hupernikao: 12:09am On Jun 06, 2020
Maximus69:

God bless you! smiley

He is asking you for Bible exegesis, you are talking of organisational achievements. Even Buddha followers get achievement pass what you listed. You turned the life of God in man into 1,2,3, listing. Try explain scriptures with scriptures and leave this listing. Even a "perfect list" will fall to be a wrong and evil list if it is wrapped in wrong exegesis and misinterpretation of the scriptures.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Janosky: 12:35am On Jun 06, 2020
Myer:

Acts 28:6,Paul gave genuine his PROOF.
Bros, give us Evidence where you drink Sniper or cuddle viper or cobra. grin
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by johnw47: 1:53am On Jun 06, 2020
Maximus69:

you only quote out of context

many do tag my profile name to listen to what i've got to say! smiley

lying false jw maximus hypercriticus

how could i be out of context when i reply specifically to what you said
whereas you run away from much of what is said

but surely you could not have been out of context yourself while many do tag your profile name to listen to what you got to say, laugh

Hab_2:4  “Behold, his soul is puffed up; it is not upright within him, but the righteous shall live by his faith.

1Ti_6:4  he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions,

^ @bold, so true smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by johnw47: 2:28am On Jun 06, 2020
Janosky:

Acts 28:6,Paul gave genuine his PROOF.
Bros, give us Evidence where you drink Sniper or cuddle viper or cobra. grin

oh duh mumu Janosky/OneJ

paul picked up a poisonous serpent among sticks, it bit him on the hand
and nothing happened to him, is myer to know off any other occurences

the faithful don't go purposefully drinking poison, but if they do accidentally
no harm will come to them, is myer supposed to know of such occurences

you false jw don't believe God's word making Him a liar

you will have your reward:

Rev 20:15  And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Jozzy4: 4:18am On Jun 06, 2020
rottennaija:

No he is not. That's why he is God. Now, the 24 elders being described with these features mean they are God?
He is not because he is Spirit.

Revelation 8:2
"And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them. "

Do you also agree angels are humans? They stand with skeletal system and have hands to hold physical trumpet ? Or you mean angels are God ?
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Peacefullove: 4:30am On Jun 06, 2020
[quote author=KNOWMORE56 post=90353818][/quote]

Jehovah is an angel , u agree shey ?. nice one grin grin
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Peacefullove: 5:05am On Jun 06, 2020
hoopernikao:

Bible explanation is not 1+1=2 Sir. Bible explanation is serious work. You can direct your question above to pamphlet readers because of I don't do sound bites.

Like I said before, If you are desirous of proving points and you are sure of what you are trying to do, lay down a well educated, well researched and insightful theology of your stand. That is when I can attest you are ready and that you are a serious bible student not a Nairaland bible student. I dont do 1+1 = 2 with bible.

I prefer a well researched work and spending time with such serious minds. You have the opportunity to show you are one here now by presenting a DETAILED biblical investigation of your thoughts. You shouldn't be afraid of presenting such since you are energetic enough to defend the your correspondence.

" For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”— 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things " 1Cor 8 vs 6

If this doesnt explain it for you that all others get God by title but in reality there is only one God, not Jesus but the Father. U need help.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Peacefullove: 5:07am On Jun 06, 2020
rottennaija:

Peacefullove, You never responded to this.

I did. Are angels spirits ? Do spirits have flesh and bones ? U head should have reset by now .
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by shadeyinka(m): 5:27am On Jun 06, 2020
Peacefullove:

You still can't deny the one Jacob fought with was called God. MUMU

So Jesus is that angel that fought with Jacob ?? Let me get you clearly before I nail you
Again:
According to English NWT , is Jesus "God" or "god"?
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Peacefullove: 5:28am On Jun 06, 2020
shadeyinka:

Again:
You still decide to be stupid despite been schooled.
Are angels God or god ?
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by shadeyinka(m): 6:05am On Jun 06, 2020
Janosky:

It's a non issue because Shadeyinka's false claim have been dealt with.

Case closed. grin

Gen18:1-10 NWT
1Afterward, Jehovah appeared to him among the big trees of Mamʹreb while he was sitting at the entrance of the tent during the hottest part of the day.
2 He looked up and saw three men standing some distance from him. When he saw them, he ran from the entrance of the tent to meet them, and he bowed down to the ground. 3 Then he said: " Jehovah , if I have found favor in your eyes, please do not pass by your servant. 4 Please, let a little water be brought and have your feet washed;d then recline under the tree.
5 Seeing that you have come here to your servant, let me bring a piece of bread so that you may refresh yourselves.* Then you may go on your way.” At this they said: “All right. You may do as you have spoken.”
6 So Abraham hurried to the tent to Sarah and said: “Quick! Get three measures* of fine flour, knead the dough, and make loaves of bread.”
7 Next Abraham ran to the herd and chose a tender and good young bull. He gave it to the attendant, who hurried to prepare it.
8 He then took butter and milk and the young bull that he had prepared and set the food before them. Then he stood by them under the tree as they were eating.e
9 They said to him: “Where is your wife Sarah?” He replied: “Here in the tent.”
10 So one of them continued: “I will surely return to you next year at this time, and look! your wife Sarah will have a son.” Now Sarah was listening at the tent entrance, which was behind the man.
NWT

Gen18:13-33 NWT
13 Then Jehovah said to Abraham: “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Am I really going to give birth even though I am old?’
14 Is anything too extraordinary for Jehovah ? I will return to you next year at this appointed time, and Sarah will have a son.”
15 But Sarah denied it, saying, “I did not laugh!” for she was afraid. At this he said: “Yes! You did laugh.”
16 When the men got up to leave and looked down toward Sodʹom, Abraham was walking with them to escort them.
17 Jehovah said: “Am I keeping hidden from Abraham what I am going to do?
NWT

Quoting from your highly revered NWT that the the man and the Angel you say are merely called by the title "God" is actually JEHOVAH

Before you start your misinformation like your father is known for, let me give you another quote from your highly revered NWT showing that God isnt just a title or nomenclature that can be assigned at whim to anybody

Isaiah42:1-25 NWT
42 Look! My servant, whom I support! My chosen one, whom I have approved! I have put my spirit in him; He will bring justice to the nations.
2 He will not cry out or raise his voice,
And he will not make his voice heard in the street.
3 No crushed reed will he break,
And no smoldering wick will he extinguish. In faithfulness he will bring justice.
4 He will not grow dim or be crushed until he establishes justice in the earth; And the islands keep waiting for his law.*
5 This is what the true God, Jehovah, says, The Creator of the heavens and the Grand One who stretched them out, The One who spread out the earth and its produce, The One who gives breath to the people on it. And spirit to those who walk on it:
6 “I, Jehovah, have called you in righteousness; I have taken hold of your hand. I will safeguard you and give you as a covenant for the peoplen And as a light of the nations,
7 For you to open the blind eyes,
To bring the prisoner out of the dungeon. And those sitting in darkness out of the prison.
8 I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images.
NWT

The same Personality who appeared to Abraham as a man and an Angel is indeed JEHOVAH!
Is any Angel the one true God Jehovah?

Like I said, things toddlers know from Sunday school, you find it difficult to comprehend.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by shadeyinka(m): 6:12am On Jun 06, 2020
Peacefullove:

You still decide to be stupid despite been schooled.
Are angels God or god ?
Again:

shadeyinka:

Gen18:1-10 NWT
1Afterward, Jehovah appeared to him among the big trees of Mamʹreb while he was sitting at the entrance of the tent during the hottest part of the day.
2 He looked up and saw three men standing some distance from him. When he saw them, he ran from the entrance of the tent to meet them, and he bowed down to the ground. 3 Then he said: " Jehovah , if I have found favor in your eyes, please do not pass by your servant. 4 Please, let a little water be brought and have your feet washed;d then recline under the tree.
5 Seeing that you have come here to your servant, let me bring a piece of bread so that you may refresh yourselves.* Then you may go on your way.” At this they said: “All right. You may do as you have spoken.”
6 So Abraham hurried to the tent to Sarah and said: “Quick! Get three measures* of fine flour, knead the dough, and make loaves of bread.”
7 Next Abraham ran to the herd and chose a tender and good young bull. He gave it to the attendant, who hurried to prepare it.
8 He then took butter and milk and the young bull that he had prepared and set the food before them. Then he stood by them under the tree as they were eating.e
9 They said to him: “Where is your wife Sarah?” He replied: “Here in the tent.”
10 So one of them continued: “I will surely return to you next year at this time, and look! your wife Sarah will have a son.” Now Sarah was listening at the tent entrance, which was behind the man.
NWT

Gen18:13-33 NWT
13 Then Jehovah said to Abraham: “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Am I really going to give birth even though I am old?’
14 Is anything too extraordinary for Jehovah ? I will return to you next year at this appointed time, and Sarah will have a son.”
15 But Sarah denied it, saying, “I did not laugh!” for she was afraid. At this he said: “Yes! You did laugh.”
16 When the men got up to leave and looked down toward Sodʹom, Abraham was walking with them to escort them.
17 Jehovah said: “Am I keeping hidden from Abraham what I am going to do?
NWT

Quoting from your highly revered NWT that the the man and the Angel you say are merely called by the title "God" is actually JEHOVAH

Before you start your misinformation like your father is known for, let me give you another quote from your highly revered NWT showing that God isnt just a title or nomenclature that can be assigned at whim to anybody

Isaiah42:1-25 NWT
42 Look! My servant, whom I support! My chosen one, whom I have approved! I have put my spirit in him; He will bring justice to the nations.
2 He will not cry out or raise his voice,
And he will not make his voice heard in the street.
3 No crushed reed will he break,
And no smoldering wick will he extinguish. In faithfulness he will bring justice.
4 He will not grow dim or be crushed until he establishes justice in the earth; And the islands keep waiting for his law.*
5 This is what the true God, Jehovah, says, The Creator of the heavens and the Grand One who stretched them out, The One who spread out the earth and its produce, The One who gives breath to the people on it. And spirit to those who walk on it:
6 “I, Jehovah, have called you in righteousness; I have taken hold of your hand. I will safeguard you and give you as a covenant for the peoplen And as a light of the nations,
7 For you to open the blind eyes,
To bring the prisoner out of the dungeon. And those sitting in darkness out of the prison.
8 I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images.
NWT

The same Personality who appeared to Abraham as a man and an Angel is indeed JEHOVAH!
Is any Angel the one true God Jehovah?

Like I said, things toddlers know from Sunday school, you find it difficult to comprehend.

Again:

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (234) (Reply)

Pastor John Hagee - Cornerstone Church Ministry, Heresy, Divorce & Dirty Deeds / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format / Social Distancing In Delta: My Church Worship Service Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.