Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,488 members, 7,812,517 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) (58667 Views)

Dorcas Jolayemi: Police Detained Me Because My Husband Criticised Lai Mohammed / Rotimi Jolayemi Charged For ‘Causing Annoyance’ Towards Lai Mohammed / Moses Jolayemi: Buhari Doesn't Know How To Send Text Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Mexyz(m): 4:28pm On May 27, 2020
The guy finished Lai Mohammed.. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by NextGovernor(m): 4:28pm On May 27, 2020
If he never arrested that guy, we wouldnt have heard of this poem... Basically Lai Mohammed escalated it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Bewiseedet(m): 4:29pm On May 27, 2020
The man lies to a stage that kwara as no more lies in it. Pure salvage

3 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Sanchez01: 4:29pm On May 27, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin

Mehn! The content will make better sense if you understand Yoruba.

This is what The Nation os those days will refer to as 'Hard Ball'

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Sensie(f): 4:29pm On May 27, 2020
Oiin!
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by NOC1(m): 4:30pm On May 27, 2020
This is not criticism, this is personal insult.
Their is big difference between criticism and insult.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Belugaice1: 4:30pm On May 27, 2020
grin
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by kalu61(m): 4:30pm On May 27, 2020
He deserve award for his boldness to spit the truth. I watched that clip and there was nothing untrue about it.

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 27, 2020
So Lai Muhammed is this powerful??

This is Tyranny!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 27, 2020
Abeg is that poetry abi Juju music...biko sue the yeye guy for defamation of character jare.

3 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by kalu61(m): 4:31pm On May 27, 2020
Sanchez01:
grin grin grin grin grin

Mehn! The content will make better sense if you understand Yoruba.

This is what The Nation os those days will refer to as 'Hard Ball'
Hahahaha.The translation was dope.
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by SaintNegro77: 4:32pm On May 27, 2020
He is pained because the guy revealed the true nature of Lai. Lai should be careful of the table he's shaking cos u can't keep fooling the Nation forever.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 27, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
This is the poem (audio) that got the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, to order the arrest and detention of a Kwara-based poet, Rotimi Jolayemi also known as Oba Akewi.

Before the journalist turned himself to the police, the minister ordered the police to arrest his wife, Mrs Dorcas Jolayemi, and his two brothers, John and Joseph, who are also media practitioners.

However, since the journalist turned himself in to the Police Headquarters in Ilorin, Kwara State, on May 6, 2020, he has been subjected to inhuman treatment at the orders of the Minister of Information.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/27/listen-poem-got-minister-information-lai-mohammed-order-arrest-kwara-based-poet-jolayemi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Q-uk_MvdE
Bamite should come and learn how to reject sai babarism.

cc lzaa metaphysical

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by kalu61(m): 4:33pm On May 27, 2020
uruba23:
Abeg is that poetry abi Juju music...biko sue the yeye guy for defamation of character jare.
In what did he defamed him. Poet uses anything to describe events and that's what he just did.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Terver90: 4:34pm On May 27, 2020
Well, I think the honourable minister should have sought legal action against the man rather than command an arrest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by FirstbornWds: 4:34pm On May 27, 2020
Lagosfinder:
Insulting leader's is a crime

Find better medium to present your grievances

Thank you

If that's the case, then the likes of Trump, Obama, Q. Elizabeth and the likes would have subjected their journalists to capital punishment.

5 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Yankee101: 4:35pm On May 27, 2020
I see why Lai vex

Cos the truth was told

And his career is finished after this tenure
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by j1mmy: 4:35pm On May 27, 2020
In many places around the world, the citizens will strenuously protest this but Nigerians usually leave people to suffer alone in detention and discuss it on social media.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by obinoral1179(m): 4:36pm On May 27, 2020
Though most of the stuff the guy said was false but the ewi sweet die and it's shows that omoluabi get mind wells..... Alhaji should release the guy..
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Urchman200: 4:36pm On May 27, 2020
How did the woman end up been a minister? Obviously she is daft, simple question she can't answer, whoever sang the poem may almighty God bless u in abundance for speaking out, they can't stifle every body, the zombie should come and defend the disaster woman ,bunch of corrupt idiot's, this woman is corruption personified, efcc has turned a blind eye on her they are looking for who will help them to repatriate deziani mmaduek joker's.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Oluwaseyi456(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2020
Is only God that can free this man
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 27, 2020
kalu61:
In what did he defamed him. Poet uses anything to describe events and that's what he just did.
Wait till i wax my own fuji music calling you a lair that should be jailed...Oga Lia Muhammed personality should be seperated from his job.Moreover this Chief is even going to make money from insulting another person...let him wax a song with facts.So we can cross check,you have not been a politically expose person so you won't understand how such statements can drain your productivity.

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by egoldman(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2020
Lagosfinder:
Insulting leader's is a crime

Find better medium to present your grievances

Thank you

SHUT UP PLZ

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by famouscargo4u: 4:38pm On May 27, 2020
He deserves his arrest. Freedom of speech does not mean people should involve in slander.

5 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by saajus: 4:38pm On May 27, 2020
Wow. This is funny. The man spoke a lot.
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 27, 2020
i told one guy today to delete his facebook post because of the government , they will arrest him if you complain, to be safe in Nigeria you praise the government either you are hungry or not

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by sunkieisland(m): 4:40pm On May 27, 2020
I don't believe he should be arrested for what he's said in that poem.

I believe the Poet threw down a gauntlet and he expected the people in government to answer the challenge but by arresting the man, without first proving anything wrong is tantamount to an infringement on his human right....

Though I can't confirm the news of torture, but if thats the case, Human Rights Organizations in the world should wade into such matters.

this is no longer a democracy (people that are intent on creating a law about hate speeches)

*Spits

Thank God I didn't waste my Vote. I'm just sorry that we're all in this boat as country

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Fabkimzzy1: 4:40pm On May 27, 2020
In as much as the guy said the truth, it is obvious that the guy is another sycophant working for a thief SARAKI

3 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by spartan117(m): 4:40pm On May 27, 2020
Lol very funny poem.
The Yoruba made it sweet
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Adesina18111(m): 4:41pm On May 27, 2020
Truth be told...even if freedom of speech is given...it shouldn't be misused...the akewi too pass his boundary abeg

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kashim Shettima Shares Photo Of His Undergraduate Days In UNIMAID (1989) / Soldier Professes Love For Wife With Bullets. Photo / See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.