Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,893 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) (58672 Views)

Dorcas Jolayemi: Police Detained Me Because My Husband Criticised Lai Mohammed / Rotimi Jolayemi Charged For ‘Causing Annoyance’ Towards Lai Mohammed / Moses Jolayemi: Buhari Doesn't Know How To Send Text Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 27, 2020
I don't see the big deal . It's just a pure fact that Lai Mohammed is a wild animal. Everyone knows that. I'll say he is a specie of the wild boar.
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by xnsandrxns: 4:41pm On May 27, 2020
As a private citizen, if you talk about me this way.... I'll come to your house and mess you up for real before I sue you for slander and defamation of character
So because he's a minister, you have the right to call him thief and bastard
Freedom of speech does not allow you to go out there and start lying and insulting people

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by nextstep(m): 4:41pm On May 27, 2020
Nice poetry... but these our leaders sef... only to lie, chop and clean mouth. shocked
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by salt1: 4:43pm On May 27, 2020
The poet get liver.
He is very brave
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Lexolhis20(m): 4:44pm On May 27, 2020
I don't know why I hate that man LAI, his doings irritate me. Even if he is addressing on tv, i'll change the channel immediately.
That man is a devil...
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by LaReinaa(f): 4:44pm On May 27, 2020
Epic poem, I enjoyed every bit of it! It should go viral grin

Why arrest the innocent man for speaking the absolute truth. Smh.

There's nothing Humanitarian about that woman, she's heartless..

Liar! Mohammad has a special corner reserved for him in hell very close to the devil!

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Johnsghana(m): 4:45pm On May 27, 2020
I don't agree with the Police detaining him as this should be a civil matter between the Poet and Lai and Lai can use the services of the appropriate court to seek redress.

However, this isn't poetry. This is repugnant and utterly tasteless. Nothing justifies the vituperations, we need to stop lowering the bar on civility, It never gets better.

He could have passed the same message in a more sensible way.

5 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by drehdinho(m): 4:46pm On May 27, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
This is the poem (audio) that got the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, to order the arrest and detention of a Kwara-based poet, Rotimi Jolayemi also known as Oba Akewi.

Before the journalist turned himself to the police, the minister ordered the police to arrest his wife, Mrs Dorcas Jolayemi, and his two brothers, John and Joseph, who are also media practitioners.

However, since the journalist turned himself in to the Police Headquarters in Ilorin, Kwara State, on May 6, 2020, he has been subjected to inhuman treatment at the orders of the Minister of Information.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/27/listen-poem-got-minister-information-lai-mohammed-order-arrest-kwara-based-poet-jolayemi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Q-uk_MvdE

Hmmm! This is serious
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by redroom: 4:46pm On May 27, 2020
Lagosfinder:
Insulting leader's is a crime

Find better medium to present your grievances

Thank you

Shut up

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Obamaofusa: 4:47pm On May 27, 2020
Racoon:
Lai Mohammed that was always shouting abuse of human rights back then but today he supports the govt of reincarnated Decree-2 and 4 of 1984.

They should have served him a court invite but... oh my... the man really went off the cliff calling them mad.He specifically lynched Lai and Sadiya Farouk.

The gutter language was too much over the bend.Wow!

Some gut there.

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Babinski: 4:47pm On May 27, 2020
nairavsdollars:
the guy said nothing but the truth

The approach of using insults and unproven allegations and then circulating it in a recorded medium qualify for a defamation suit.

3 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by autchies(m): 4:47pm On May 27, 2020
I am igbo, but this journalist has got balks of steel, he us very courageous. He is not happy with this evil govt.
He will be rewarded in due course.
I love youruba.
The akewi is going to give lai sleepless nite.
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by ipobarecriminals: 4:47pm On May 27, 2020
angry Baba Lai is a Baztard.Did Jonathan order his arrest when he dey throw insult at Jona!!Jona is too soft ooo

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by ifko: 4:48pm On May 27, 2020
Aye yin to run womuwomu eyin oloribu gbogbo...crack me up
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Lipscomb(m): 4:48pm On May 27, 2020
Wow so this is poet the man was sponsored by Saraki...they must sentence the son of bitch to life imprisonment.

3 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by crazygod(m): 4:49pm On May 27, 2020
Lagosfinder:

Under what constitution sir? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Gokoyer0(m): 4:49pm On May 27, 2020
Hahaha
The man lied to a stage that Kwara has no more lies in it.
I am gonna laugh again hahaha

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Royalfurnitures: 4:49pm On May 27, 2020
Lai did and said more than that to GEJ and co but was not arrested, history never forgets

Beautify your homes with our quality and durable furniture collections today
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:50pm On May 27, 2020
PDP is more tolerant than APC

How many got arrested when they were singing"o to ge" to Saraki
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by zedegit: 4:50pm On May 27, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

Lai Mohammed must be a pain in the ass

His mouth resemble fowl yansh.
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Emmanuelhector(m): 4:50pm On May 27, 2020
Lagosfinder:

Thank you
When someone thief and you call them thief how does it turn to be an insult? Or you want him to paint the fact to praises?.. This is one thing I hate about our Yoruba brothers.. They just like licking ass of people in better position instead of standing out on truth and fact..

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Lexusgs430: 4:50pm On May 27, 2020
Freedom of speech is never a guarantee.....
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by tonyawo: 4:51pm On May 27, 2020
Lagosfinder:

Thank you
Please can you state where in the Constitution/ penal code says insulting leader is a crime?

I need to be educated pls. Thank you.
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:52pm On May 27, 2020
Racoon:
Lai Mohammed that was always shouting abuse of human rights back then but today he is in league with the govt of reincarnated Decree-2 and 4 of 1984.
Of recent they were chanting"o to ge" to Saraki now

They can't take half of what they dish out to others!!!
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Brunicekid(m): 4:53pm On May 27, 2020
xnsandrxns:
As a private citizen, if you talk about me this way.... I'll come to your house and mess you up for real before I sue you for slander and defamation of character
Freedom of speech does not allow you to go out there and start lying and insulting people
So, you mean what the guy said is a lie

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by ENGINEERG(m): 4:53pm On May 27, 2020
Lai Mohammed may be wrong by not following rule of law for arresting the Oba Akewi, his brothers and his wife.
But many people won't take what the man said lightly and dont act or take action, talkless of our politicians that are power drunk.
If anyone listen to the audio of the poem, the man talked many unprintable words, and he boosted that he wasn't afraid of prison, but I wonder why he ran away for so long and left his family to suffer before surfacing.

But for anyone who cares to know, The poem/Ewi was sponsored by political enemies of the Lai Mohammed, and seems the man was paid heavily for that...

In the audio what the OBA akewi said will annoy anyone. And they are highlighted below
- He said any mother who born Gov oyetola of Osun state is to be praised, but any woman who born Lai Mohammed just burnt/destroy her virginal.
- He called Lai Mohammed a Thief and he should be in jail.
-He said he is a mad man severally
-He called him animal.
- He called him Arm robber.
-He called him liar..
-He accused him of collecting money from saraki when people thought he was against saraki when kwara was under saraki dynasty.
- He called him olori buruku.
-He said Buhari should remove him from his cabinet.
- He also called minister of humanitarian-Buhari concubine, a liar, a thief and she should be replaced too with a named woman from osun state

We all want freedom of press, but we wont support media people to be used to damage any character of an individual without even any fact.

6 Likes

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by LZAA: 4:53pm On May 27, 2020
imhotep:

Bamite should come and learn how to reject sai babarism.

cc lzaa metaphysical
grin
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by crazygod(m): 4:54pm On May 27, 2020
xnsandrxns:
Do you know how many times the same lai insulted GEJ? Even on national radio? His own was way worse than what this journalist did. By the way, what the journalist did is not a criminal offense but a civil 'offense'. Na guilty conscience dey worry lai mohammed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Urchman200: 4:54pm On May 27, 2020
Is star boy still in this country? He use to head this ministry.
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) by Prenonjebose: 4:54pm On May 27, 2020
The guy gave it raw to Lai, Safiyya and the AGF. The worst they can do is prosecute under whatever law, but at last he has earned himself some recognition. To imagine the incessant vituperations Lai laid on GEJ, and now he is reacting to this "small" insult.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones / Dino Melaye’s Son Reacts As Ikorodu Bois Mimic His Father In The Hospital / Buhari Hosts Heads Of States To Lunch At Aso Villa After Inauguration(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.