Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,950 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding (34806 Views)

Buhari Directs NCDC To Recall Retired Staff / Buhari Directs Osinbajo To Seek Approvals For Agencies Under Him / Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by GamalNasser: 7:33pm On May 27, 2020
Afamed:
Gbam !

Gbam what? You and I know this is dead on arrival
Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by Hausaamaka: 7:33pm On May 27, 2020
We are looking forward for a better Nigeria
Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by Bighead9: 7:34pm On May 27, 2020
Buhari is the best thing that has happened to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by Afamed: 7:35pm On May 27, 2020
GamalNasser:

Gbam what? You and I know this is dead on arrival
You and who? Speak for yourself

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by dreu2fine(m): 7:38pm On May 27, 2020
ClassicMG:
can you share a link to that?
could it be the project haba kyari went for
Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by masseratti: 7:39pm On May 27, 2020
Well Good on paper, and since the German government is involved i doubt if Siemens management will do what they did under Obasanjo regime again, some of their former staffs were imprisoned, I pray this works for the sakes of prosperity, if Buhari deliver power 24/7 all his sins are forgiven then.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 27, 2020
myboy2111:
I have gone through Siemens Electricity Road Map, I think is a good one

God Bless President Buhari
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Relax, make implementation start first; the day we will stop shouting up Nepa, the day nepa go stop to dey carry light cos of small breeze or rain, the we go know wether e Dey work or not...
Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by wickyyolo: 7:45pm On May 27, 2020
phransix2:
Na this deal kill Abba Kyari

They will do anything to stop 24hours light.

Can you believe nairaland admin suspended me for advocating for constant light ?

God Bless General Buhari.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by kemii4171: 7:46pm On May 27, 2020
[color=#] 4418836[/color]
Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by 3Ceagle(m): 7:47pm On May 27, 2020
Good initiative but can it be hastened up. Nigerians can only trust this government when the policies are positively affecting lives and business.
Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by Banmeallday: 7:47pm On May 27, 2020
When did he “direct this” and where?

Speak to the people Mr President....
Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by blackboy(m): 7:48pm On May 27, 2020
Very very very good. Siemens to nominate EPC hmmm so as no middle men. Where in any project or power project are middle men not used. These EPC always end up using sub sub sub contractor etc.

Who is the PMO to oversee this project as no name was mentioned.

This must see the light of day. This is very good. God bless Nigeria.

EFCC and ICPC will be hovering around this project
Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by OhBiafra: 7:52pm On May 27, 2020
This project is not adding a single megawatt to the grid. Absolute rubbish
Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by traihit: 7:52pm On May 27, 2020
Bluffly:
Quite appaling that with the worth of education in this country and those that have studied outside and the bunch of professors we have, administrators, accountants, consultants we can't but do nothing or make something work ourselves. Imagine the worth of our wealth that will patronize the Germans

Is a black man's world a dooms day?

Sad....really sad. We can't pull our resources together though we have them plentifully in our polytechnics and universities, heads whose ideas have not been tapped. They only publish and publish papers, churn out graduates whose potentials no one is interested in tapping. CCECC, JB, Haliburton, Calpa D'Alberto, Siemens, American Government etc. These are all we know while technocrats are roaming the streets looking for employment. It's a shame, a real big shame.
Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by BotherMleeper(m): 7:54pm On May 27, 2020
nameo:
Can the Buhari Govt pull this through??

I need to see the document to this. It sounds like a good one

Wow

You sound full of yourself, like the only thing left is for you to review and approve.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by Meritocracy: 7:55pm On May 27, 2020
phransix2:
Na this deal kill Abba Kyari

Greediness kill him and Nigeria is getting better after him. He want to be everywhere and exercise presidential power without contesting for the position. Nigeria have been on the issue since 2018 and thing just work out just after a month, something is fixing. We are also winning the war against Boko Haram just after a month.
Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by Jones4190(m): 7:58pm On May 27, 2020
we will forever be grateful to mallam Abbay Kyari, it was through this deal that he contacted covid 19 in Germany that lead to his death.

may the spirit of mallam abbay kyari attack any person that try to stop this project

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by Chinexanthony(m): 7:59pm On May 27, 2020
Good one at least for the very first time. I hope, wish and pray they can pull this through

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by merits(m): 7:59pm On May 27, 2020
Good one from PMB

But another govt go come now com scatter everything no continuity, what a pity.

Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by Cargoed: 8:04pm On May 27, 2020
This project is just to keep what we have going not to add any more capacity. But to encourage more interested Gencos to come on board. It's crazy that we can't run our own grid, we have to give it to "another country" to run for us and in the process more loans.

Why can't we abandone this central Elect Distribution model and go for a simpler scalable solution.

Siemens sell Equipment not run Electric grids. We must stop this re-colonisation. Imagine some one switch of our power grid from Germany for one reason or the other.
Secondly Nigerian Engineers are only required on site as labourers��

All the IPP projects that where successfully caried out in the past why can't we upscale that... Kainji was built by Japan in the 70s when are ever going to build anything our self. Let every state build and distribute their power. Simple, there is no state that does not have their own power resource they can tap.

One thing is that this is a paper project anyway so no need to go to far with it.
Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 27, 2020
ClassicMG:
On My Phone -PDF ...Message your Phone Number
Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 27, 2020
ClassicMG:
Send your email address rather...bulky
Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by mexicocity: 8:24pm On May 27, 2020
I once criticise President Buhari government but today I stand to Apologise to Mr President to please forgive me for I don't know what I was saying.
May you live longer than any other living formal President. Amen and Amen

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by recievesense: 8:43pm On May 27, 2020
brightdestiny96:

I bow o. When we said the grand plan was to NOT turn on the power, the liars were unleashed. Abuja, for instance, already has enough installed capacity for 24 hours power. If Jonathan hasn't already done that, and the new maximum ruler didn't install one extra megawatt, how come the deal with Siemens is not going to add extra power?
They just factored in their own cut.
thank you!
Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 27, 2020
akinjojo1234:
This is good. Wailers please stay off.
Bros you dey here grin
I swear negative comments are sickening, wonder why someone would always believe the bad news and disagree with the good news

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 27, 2020
cole01:

Bros you dey here grin
I swear negative comments are sickening, wonder why someone would always believe the bad news and disagree with the good news

It can be very annoying bro. They never see anything good in the government or country even when somethings like this should be commended.

How you dey bro cool

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by AmTruth: 9:10pm On May 27, 2020
God bless President Buhari.

God bless Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by Okoroawusa: 9:12pm On May 27, 2020
I Love PMB
Re: President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding by blowjohn(m): 9:14pm On May 27, 2020
His country is a funny one o.
We havent even been able to provide electricity meters for the populace o , it's the electricity we want to provide for everyone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edwin Clark Asks Jega To Resign / Abians Throw Pure Water, Stones At T.A Orji At The Burial Of Dr. Elechi Nwaogbo / El-Zakzaky: Foreign Doctors Arrive Nigeria To Examine Shiite Leader's Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.