Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? (465 Views)

For Singles: What's Your Biggest Fear About Getting Married? / What's Your Biggest Relationship Regret? / Let's Discuss!!!! What's Your Fear About Your Current Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 27, 2020
I wrap still can’t my head around what will happen when am very old and in my vegetable years: I recall with crystal clarity events of my younger, even at this middle-aged, life that seem like only yesterday; and when I do the math I realize that that many years from now I’d be well into my 80s or even 90s should I even get that far.

For me, I resent the erosion of the ease with which I could formerly do physical things, as joints break down, metabolism slows (especially as a result of certain meds I must take to remain alive, necessitated by diseases I wouldn’t have developed in middle age), etc. I am also thought about how distressed I will be about my “invisibility” in the eyes of those who control marketing, entertainment, fashion, travel, etc. (regardless of my financial resources & purchasing power). Logistics (even temporary problems occasioned by physical injuries) get in the way of stuff I used to enjoy & do with ease—to the point where they ruin my anticipation of those activities & experiences.

I fear a loss of dignity not having to perform as a real man. The thought of not able to satisfy my woman make me depressed. No matter how wealthy I will become my body will never be the same.
Right now, I appreciate the sort of privilege that comes of younger people assisting me with my luggage, yielding seats on public functions etc. But it will eventually become humiliating as old age becomes more obviously visible—and I dread being pitied.
What are your biggest fears about aging?
Re: What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by tobby20: 5:32pm On May 27, 2020
We doing drugs till we In a coma
Re: What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by scoundrel(f): 5:41pm On May 27, 2020
Mscheew. I have no fear whatsoever. I laugh seeing my dad fear being called ‘old man‘ yet using his age (and so called experience) to his advantage whenever it suits him. I have read books and seen examples of people who froze their physical abilities from their thirties into their nineties. I know I have nothing to fear so far I stay in shape consistently.
Re: What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:43pm On May 27, 2020
Being old and poor lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by Humanoid01(m): 5:51pm On May 27, 2020
I fear nothing about ageing, rather I'm only eager and praying to live to the point where I can see the fruits of my fruits.
Re: What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by chatinent: 5:51pm On May 27, 2020
I have a positive view of death so why should I worry?
Re: What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 27, 2020
OP forget if money dey you go dey young ASF
have seen a man of 60+ in our street before no single white beard on his bear-bear although he get money so ma fur if money dey you go Young the scope is don't use yourself anyhow the work wey 4 person suppose do if only you do am you go quickly old the small edge near your eyes will be squeezing small small grin
Re: What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by Happyfela(m): 6:13pm On May 27, 2020
Pls what do you mean by freeze thier abilities
scoundrel:
Mscheew. I have no fear whatsoever. I laugh seeing my dad fear being called ‘old man‘ yet using his age (and so called experience) to his advantage whenever it suits him. I have read books and seen examples of people who froze their physical abilities from their thirties into their nineties. I know I have nothing to fear so far I stay in shape consistently.
Re: What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 27, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
OP forget if money dey you go dey young ASF
have seen a man of 60+ in our street before no single white beard on his bear-bear although he get money so ma fur if money dey you go Young the scope is don't use yourself anyhow the work wey 4 person suppose do if only you do am you go quickly old the small edge near your eyes will be squeezing small small grin
. Dear even with wealth,when old age set in, you will always remember your youthful age
Re: What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 27, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Being old and poor lipsrsealed
it a nightmare, don't even go there

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 27, 2020
scoundrel:
. Having you noticed that men are so lonely during old age?
Re: What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 27, 2020
Jaubdu:
. Dear even with wealth,when old age set in, you will always remember your youthful age
grass wey old men dey cut and farm ploughing wey Dem dey do niggar I swear you no fit do am
Forget you go still dey strong in old age
Have seen one of my friends client before he's close to 70+ and my friend tell me say if that man catch any babe on top bed that girl don die a man of 70+ we be man we go dey strong this matter na women get am when they're above 60 there are certain things they won't be able to do again but not we MEN
A CUTLASS IS FOREVER STRONG grin
Re: What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 27, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

grass wey old men dey cut and farm ploughing wey Dem dey do niggar I swear you no fit do am
Forget you go still dey strong in old age
Have seen one of my friends client before he's close to 70+ and my friend tell me say if that man catch any babe on top bed that girl don die a man of 70+ we be man we go dey strong this matter na women get am when they're above 60 there are certain things they won't be able to do again but not we MEN
A CUTLASS IS FOREVER STRONG grin
I hope say no be false hope you dey give me ?
Re: What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by themaestro08(m): 7:14pm On May 27, 2020
Money. So long as there is stable flow of income then I am confident everything will fall into place. So no worries.
Re: What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by Jadden(m): 7:20pm On May 27, 2020
Whatever you do, don't be old and lonely.
If you can't marry for whatever reason, get a child.
If you can't get pregnant for whatever reason, adopt!
Just do whatever it takes not to be old and lonely.
Re: What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 27, 2020
Jadden:
Whatever you do, don't be old and lonely.
If you can't marry for whatever reason, get a child.
If you can't get pregnant for whatever reason, adopt!
Just do whatever it takes not to be old and lonely.
. Yeah that sounds great but if you eventually have children and wife who doesn't love you, your guess is as good as mine.
Re: What Are Your Biggest Fear About Ageing? by Jadden(m): 7:40pm On May 27, 2020
Jaubdu:
. Yeah that sounds great but if you eventually have children and wife who doesn't love you, your guess is as good as mine.
Well, that's subjective.
undecided
Just do anything it takes to avoid being old and lonely.

(1) (Reply)

... / How Men suffer a lot in life than their female counterparts. / Her Hair Look Nice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.