Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity (21634 Views)

Need Advice For Best Locations In Lagos To Buy Half Plot Land With 15-25M Budget / Lagos To Relocate 400 Jakande Estate Residents / Container Movement In Lagos To Any Part Of The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by igbsam(m): 5:41am On May 28, 2020
I just hope there won't be any future occurrence of the water reclaiming the land. Just as someone said, badagry is still under developed, there are virgin lands laying fallow that can be used solve land scarcity issues. All it just needs is good road network, rail lines and that solves the problem. All this island island stuff......SMH

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by tillaman(m): 5:41am On May 28, 2020
angry
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by traihit: 5:54am On May 28, 2020
This is really a case of misplaced priority. The right time for government to tackle the issue of housing and proper development of the mainland is now. Instead, they want to create more islands so that the people sector can come in and free the government from responsibilities. They're only preparing more properties for future destruction through this act.
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by traihit: 5:58am On May 28, 2020
kokomilala:
At best ,it's elitist and self-serving.The policy, just like other government policies, has not taken into consideration the routinely forgotten, the homeless and the poor generally.

Once you hear Private-Public Partnership, just forget the poor. PPP is a way for the government to make us believe they are improving the country while it is the capitalists looking for more opportunity to milk the people. The poor is left out. This is how Ajimobi said we needed a technical university in Our state, built one in Ibadan but it is too expensive even for some middle class.
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by edoman2016: 6:05am On May 28, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

do peple know that any land purchase in lagos have 99 years validity before go back to lagos state govt and this law is been on existence since tinubu regime!
It is 1976 land law created by federal government

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by Royalfurnitures: 6:14am On May 28, 2020
Where will the Islands be,in the Atlantic Ocean?

Beautify your homes with our quality and durable furniture collections today
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by Ebonygirl1(f): 6:18am On May 28, 2020
Atlantis comes to mind
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:20am On May 28, 2020
Very Good development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by winterfell007(m): 6:40am On May 28, 2020
Buying real estate on a artificial island. You are a gambling with your investment and probably your life. Have Lagos completely exhausted her land resources??
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:47am On May 28, 2020
Good one but I hope the Atlantic ocean will not be angry and wash all these man made islands one day!
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by Nobody: 6:47am On May 28, 2020
Risky Risky
Have they being able to manage floods on the island that they want to create more

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by patosky3310(m): 6:49am On May 28, 2020
Agroblessing:
Solution to farmer problems is here
Hi, My name is David,
I am a young entrepreneur and a young engineer , agricultural Engineer precisely. I and my team are working on a project that would help smallholder farmers sell their produce at a fair price and help them reach a wider consumer which will increase their selling network.
This platform would solve the following problems
-Farmers inability to store there produce
- Farmers not selling at a fair price
-Farmers not being able to reach wider consumers.
-Farmers logistics problems.
-consumers not eating fresh food daily
-Consumers buying from other sources at a rate not fair enough.
-Consumers not knowing the source of what they are eating.
-The longer the supply chain the lesser the quality of the produce.
-Wastage of farm produce due to long supply chain.
Our mission is to ensure that farmers sells at a fair rate and reach a wider consumers. In addition, consumers will eat fresh produce daily at a fair price and save up.

lot of tools are in handy for use trust me.

Our target is to reach at least 500 smallholder (different type of farming) farmers in each of the 36 states in nigeria before launch

Pls fill the form below
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfb57Dy3y8a62Xx4sQC3-yOYeqIn7QYtY0a6rlIkuMIqI_Ksw/viewform?usp=sf_link

This will enable us improve and serve you better at launch and beyond
We will email and/or sms you about launching as soon as we meet our target
Thank you Nigerians.
Share with family and friends as much as possible, also don't forget to share with other farmers you know

I am also an agricultural engineer. Can I partner with you?
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by Didi2d(m): 6:50am On May 28, 2020
[quote author=kolaaderin post=90030737]Why not build a bridge to connect snake island and Tarkwabay. We still have alot of untaped empty land there instead of destabilising the ocean flows with man made Island. [/quot

I once went for an adventurous trek from snake island to takwabay. Lovely sights abound in that area.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by bigcee(m): 6:55am On May 28, 2020
rafcrown:
The sea goddess is unhappy. Mammy water is angry.Meeting already summoned to discuss issues of trespassing,illegal and unethical acquisition of land etc.
Really?

Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by bukhety(f): 7:02am On May 28, 2020
Where is the promised 4th mainland bridge that will connect ikorodu with the island? Since fashola campaign o! Abegi!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by DipoToyo(m): 7:04am On May 28, 2020
IsAlright
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by echibuogwu(m): 7:14am On May 28, 2020
Pure madness. The problem is not scarcity of lands. The problem is that the lands are too expensive
Akaegwu:
Creating new areas for the rich while Ikorodu and Badagry is still under developed
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by llakes4real: 7:17am On May 28, 2020
omonnakoda:

build housing estates and other infrastructure, roads ,schools ,hospitals
Why distribute money? That is a foolish idea

It was a rhetorical question to the post I quoted.
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by omoadeleye(m): 7:17am On May 28, 2020
Selfish Lagos, if anybody wants to build a new house, they should enter nearby states to build their houses, cause this idea of creating a new island every time will surely boomerang one day, you can't cheat nature and go scout free
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by llakes4real: 7:18am On May 28, 2020
Adeevah:

Let the government provide modern and well interconnected roads there may be it will not develop

omonnakoda:

build housing estates and other infrastructure, roads ,schools ,hospitals
Why distribute money? That is a foolish idea

Providing better roads or transport system should not stop them from partnering others in expanding the state.
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by Dearlord(m): 7:19am On May 28, 2020
This ain't the best of idea, there are alots of infrastructure that they can channel all these energy into
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by omonnakoda: 7:20am On May 28, 2020
llakes4real:

Providing better roads or transport system should not stop them from partnering others in expanding the state.
Did I say it should?
I only responded to your silly remarks about distributing money
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by zoghys: 7:20am On May 28, 2020
Akaegwu:
Creating new areas for the rich while Ikorodu and Badagry is still under developed

You just sum up the story of my beloved Lagos. At a time those at that axis of Lagos will have to apply for visa before coming to the island. The rational behind such loop side vision is laughable. We have plenty of hectares of government acquisition in that axis undeveloped, and yet they are pumping billions of tax payers money so that they can live a foreign life in a local setting. Nigerian political leaders are worst than the devil.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by martineverest(m): 7:28am On May 28, 2020
freshkpomo:
I tell you and this island stuff might have after effect years to come.

God bless Nigeria.
leave them alone,let them keep pushing to islands....in 20years time,a plot of land in Ikorodu will be more expensive than banana island.

20 years ago,there was nothing like Lekki and ajah,In 20 years time there will be nothing like Lekki,ajah,banana island etc

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by delvzy(m): 7:29am On May 28, 2020
We really need activist discouraging this act. They're just trying to put up things that would affect generations to come.
We don't want any form of segregation in any form but just put up things in place to better the lives of a common man.
I do believe I myself don't see anything useful about this but a way of extortion and more corrupt individuals gaining assets here and there.

We really need to start saying no to some of this things.
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by martineverest(m): 7:29am On May 28, 2020
omoadeleye:
Selfish Lagos, if anybody wants to build a new house, they should enter nearby states to build their houses, cause this idea of creating a new island every time will surely boomerang one day, you can't cheat nature and go scout free
let them be fooling themselves.... Ikorodu and ayobo residents will laff last in 15 years time...Lagos Island might no longer exist in 20 years time
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by llakes4real: 7:30am On May 28, 2020
omoadeleye:

Technically they are not cheating nature. The water level would rise up from its initial level. Adding a good barrier between the water body and the island is all that's needed.
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by Nobody: 7:35am On May 28, 2020
llakes4real:

What do you suggest the government do? Distribute money to them to develop their area?

Provide infrastructure there, especially roads and lock up
Re: Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:56am On May 28, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

do peple know that any land purchase in lagos have 99 years validity before go back to lagos state govt and this law is been on existence since tinubu regime!

Since 1976 when the land use act was introduced by Obasanjo.

Reason why receipts from Omo onile are backdated to 1976

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States / Professional Twist To Lekki Gardens Building Collapse / Story Of How I Finally Got My Apartment !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.