Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,025 members, 7,821,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) (66000 Views)

Dead Decaying Bodies Litter The Streets Of Kyiv, Ukraine (Graphic Photos, Video) / George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington / Massive Protests Across The World, Demanding Justice For George Floyd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by mvem(m): 12:40pm On May 28, 2020
Sysdatek:

If I had a gun at that point I would shoot him
The picture is very provoking
The U.S police need a strong resistance that will fall many cops before sense comes back
Twitter hashtags wont bring sense
you people don't get... Racism in US is deeply rooted all these protest won't do anything...many violent protest has happen in US in their history because of stuffs like this. Highest the president will call for high level investigation and those guyz won't be convicted for murder. This has always happened...Systematic racism is deeply rooted and intertwined in their society...after some weeks every one go calm down and move on

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by mvem(m): 12:43pm On May 28, 2020
extol1:

it is not about inferiority complex, you are not getting my point. the deed has been done and they are protesting that the live of the black man is also important so as to prevent future occurrence. take for instance, the pregnant woman that was killed on her way to the hospital by the men of the Nigeria police force in ogun state, what has come out of it, as the president say anything about it or it was the killing of a student by a soldier. what have they done to him.
oga in the US case it will happen again...racism in the US is deeply rooted, violent protest hasn't happen for the first time. This stuff in the US is deeply rooted, it has always been happening

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by omoharry(f): 12:44pm On May 28, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:
These frequent killings of black people are not going to stop any time soon,at least not until the black people start reacting violently too and make a very strong statement out of it. It has to be a kind of life for life violent reactions. The black folks have to organise themselves and must be ready to hit back immediately any black person is unjustly murdered. They can't afford to be a sitting duck for easy murderous target like this one any longer.

Whenever a black man is murdered by a racist white police officer like this,a white man should equally be killed immediately in retaliation by the organized black gang. By the time there is total breakdown of law and order as a result, the racist politicians who have refused to act now will definitely do something about it.

Enough is enough !
No. That is wrong .Rather the police officer should be silently targeted during his off days when he is not on uniform and killed .So that it will send a message across that any black man unnecessarily murdered by any police ,he will end up dead unexpectedly. this will send a message to the white cops that the black community are ready to avenge the death of their kin.
No innocent person should be killed for one racist cop action .If you kill an innocent person then it will be the world against them.
Then if the white cops decide to raid the homes of black community, every one should come out and stand their ground to resist any intimidation & cooperation from them.
This requires a lot of courage and unity of purpose by the black Americans

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by simple250: 12:54pm On May 28, 2020
Jack500:

Just keep quiet, always feeling inferior, I doubt a Nigerian police wil kill a man in Nigeria by kneeling on his neck,what about that? Get sense.

But a Nigeria police will kill its citizen and claim it's an accidental discharge in several occasions so killing they different ba

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by Kuffyeffy: 12:55pm On May 28, 2020
A World Without Prejudice is posible. God will soon provide a complete and permanent end to prejudice. How and when will he do this?
https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/wp20130601/
Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by rationalhuman(m): 12:55pm On May 28, 2020
Ohh come on, Give me a chance and i will right now leave this continent. Just few incidents dosent make anything.
And it not just me, if you do poll, then you will find almost everyone will leave.

Do you have any idea If you return from foreign country then how difficult is to adjust here?
Me and my Fellow classmates (From Various parts of Africa) who studied in India had nightmare of this electricity Powercuts that it took us almost 8,9 months to adjust and realize ohh its new normal again.

Things, facilities, Services, Healthcare etc that we used to take them as granted over there are scarce and hard to access here.

Come out fake bubble of pride man.

amNIGERIA:
Having vowed to quit the US after being the victim of what he believed was a racially motivated arrest by police officers, African American Obadele Kambon relocated to Ghana in 2008 - and has never looked back.

This is still an option for many Africa American, China has proved that any land can be develop to the highest standard.

When Jews felt prosecuted, they migrated back to Israel, same with Scandinavia citizens, presently India is doing same for Hindus round the world.

"Prosperous Africa"� is still the best protection for every black man/Woman.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-49394354
Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:14pm On May 28, 2020
omoharry:
No. That is wrong .Rather the police officer should be silently targeted during his off days when he is not on uniform and killed .So that it will send a message across that any black man unnecessarily murdered by any police ,he will end up dead unexpectedly. this will send a message to the white cops that the black community are ready to avenge the death of their kin.
No innocent person should be killed for one racist cop action .If you kill an innocent person then it will be the world against them.
Then if the white cops decide to raid the homes of black community, every one should come out and stand their ground to resist any intimidation & cooperation from them.
This requires a lot of courage and unity of purpose by the black Americans

At least we have a common opinion in the sense that Blacks should defend themselves and avenge any unlawful killings of their kinsmen.

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by chuksvoice: 1:19pm On May 28, 2020
When will the black race wake up by building her home & continent & make it safe & habitable so that all black people can have a continent to be proud of and referenced as the pride of the black race. Until that day comes, we will continue to be treated as the rejects & orphans amongst the human race. After all it is said that charity begins at home & also no place as home.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by Lawdis(m): 1:25pm On May 28, 2020
...those officers should be sentenced to death

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by sholly28(m): 1:32pm On May 28, 2020
tears in my eyes. R.I.P floyd
Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by big7: 1:32pm On May 28, 2020
jesmond3945:
my brother cure this inferiority. America is a shithole. Many police officers in naija have been sacked and detained, when found guilty of murder. What will make a police officer in naija kill you is if you struggle with him or he misfires. In America, once your skin is black, a police officer would be following you around or would try to arrest you or even kill you. That's a whole new level of annimalsim

What do you mean struggle. Have you been living here?
Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by omoharry(f): 1:37pm On May 28, 2020
Jakemedg:
And what about we blacks here in Nigeria hating each other because of Tribalism and ethnicity
Oga.White have killed white in the past and still killing .so are the Hispanics,The Asians, and the black race.

All race have issues with their own race and they can resort to violence if need be. No race is innocent and that is becos we are human beings

But what we are saying here is when one race unnecessarily kills another race just becos of the position they occupy or the uniform they have one..They use their position to carry out their prejudice and hatred for that race.
If not for the uniform the white can has one , do you think he would have been able to take on that black guy?

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by wilemer: 1:44pm On May 28, 2020
Stop resisting arrest when you commit crime. sad

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by daviesmania(m): 1:44pm On May 28, 2020
One caught my eye though!!!!! Which Part Of I Can't Breathe Do You not understand She asked...... Pls answer her......
Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by salford1: 2:04pm On May 28, 2020
ValCon888:
One thing I know for sure; the policeman wouldn't have placed his knee on the black man's neck if he was white.

It's a pity, but after this protest dies down it will happen again.

Racism is strongly institutionalised in the US.
The even bought the white boy burgers and fries on his way to the station.

Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by dasparrow: 2:10pm On May 28, 2020
America is just something else. More pictures of protesters.

Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by salford1: 2:11pm On May 28, 2020
tunize:
Dem delebrately kill this guy nah no doubt, i'd rather dem use gun shoot me than allow one man pin me down kill me like goat oooh. even goat killing self is more dignified.
He was already in handcuffs. He couldn't defend himself.
Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by dasparrow: 2:12pm On May 28, 2020
More pictures of protests going on

Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by salford1: 2:18pm On May 28, 2020
Viralmagg:
Widespread looting by protesters has began

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnNDYRKT0rU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5DPULgNSnk
The police can't mobilise themselves to prevent looting, but a phone call that a Blackman is wandering in a pack or white dominated suburban neighborhood will have like 8 cop cars speeding to the location.
Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by PaulH07: 2:23pm On May 28, 2020
Roozzaay:
The protest won't change anything and the murderers are going to walk free as usual. Then they would kill more people of colour over and over again.
America has the worst policing system in the world followed by India

What you stated here is really scaring the shii outta me oh.
Me wey I dey plan go practice asa doctor in the USA.
Please what of the UK, do they have standard policing system there? Or can you suggest a country that does. Like Australia?
Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by salford1: 2:33pm On May 28, 2020
Observer1:
And then started breaking into shops and stealing. How can anyone listen and respect such people?
Whites, Latinos, Asians etc were also part of the looters. Looting is not a race thing. It's just some disgruntled elements taking advantage of the situation.
Until the government arrests and charges the cops involved, chaos would continue for sometime.
Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by Jakemedg(m): 2:36pm On May 28, 2020
omoharry:
Oga.White have killed white in the past and still killing .so are the Hispanics,The Asians, and the black race.

All race have issues with their own race and they can resort to violence if need be. No race is innocent and that is becos we are human beings

But what we are saying here is when one race unnecessarily kills another race just becos of the position they occupy or the uniform they have one..They use their position to carry out their prejudice and hatred for that race.
If not for the uniform the white can has one , do you think he would have been able to take on that black guy?
true
Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by salford1: 2:38pm On May 28, 2020
wilemer:
Stop resisting arrest when you commit crime. sad
Was there a proof that he commited the crime?
He was also already in handcuffs, how can he resist arrest when he had already been arrested?
Why did the cop kneel on his neck and kept kneeling for straight 9minutes despite his complaint that he can't breathe?
It seems you are justifying murder.
Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by salford1: 2:42pm On May 28, 2020
PaulH07:

Please what of the UK, do they have standard policing system there? Or can you suggest a country that does. Like Australia?
British police are light years ahead of American cops. You only see British cops carrying guns at ports of entry into Britain or maybe there was an emergency callout about an ongoing crime where weapons/firearms are present.
But then again, the UK has strong gun laws, so this makes their jobs easier. What they usually have is a baton and taser.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by Roozzaay(m): 2:42pm On May 28, 2020
PaulH07:

It's quite different in the UK and Australia when it comes to policing. Meanwhile you wouldn't ran into trouble in USA as a practicing professional unlike people going there just to "Hustle". However i think UK values Medical Practitioners more than the US
Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by wildlife9999(m): 2:43pm On May 28, 2020
I want to ask did they take their protest to Nigerian embassy, Ghana embassy, AU ECOWA, like Nigeria always takes their protest to America embassy UN ICC. we can't fight our problems alone without dragons coming to help us or speak on our behalf
Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by salford1: 2:47pm On May 28, 2020
Roozzaay:

It's quite different in the UK and Australia when it comes to policing. Meanwhile you wouldn't ran into trouble in USA as a practicing professional unlike people going there just to "Hustle". However i think UK values Medical Practitioners more than the US
You can actually, may be not as much as someone that deliberately goes the crime route.

Amy Cooper almost got Christian Cooper (Havard graduate and professional) into trouble.
You being in the wrong place at the wrong time could get one in trouble.
There are plenty "Karen"s around looking for who to get into trouble.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by engrchykae(m): 2:48pm On May 28, 2020
itzdeejay:

Good perspective but all are assumptions, you are dwelling in the negativity of reality and forgetting duality(or more) of nature.
What about the positivity of the things mentioned above?
Negros are more discriminatory than caucasians, theirs is even controlled by hate and thirst for vengence which makes it worst.
it's not true, Caucasians hate themselves,they have fought more against themselves, Romans vs Greeks, Romans vs Bavaria, Romans vs Britannia, Romans vs Gaul present day France.
Then Inquisition,ww1,Ww2
THEY WERE ONLY UNITED IN 1845 in Berlin where they were United in LOOTING AFRICA.
remove the partition of Africa, Europe will start their old french Teutonic rivalry.
Their old English french hostilities where they have to force unity upon themselves through aristocratic marriages.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by Cousin9999: 3:03pm On May 28, 2020
The cop's addresses are known.

There's only one form of justice for racist pieces of sh**.

People who think like this are animals. When you encounter a wild, violent animal h_llbent on devouring you, you kill it. Plain and simple. These people are animals who don't see a problem with their conduct. They should not be allowed to freely roam any corner of this Earth. They're sociopaths and criminally insane.
Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by JaceyOpara(m): 3:09pm On May 28, 2020
tyup:
These folks are still protesting despite the recent Covid-19 casualties

Yes... it's worth it. They want justice. The man was murdered in broad daylight and this is not the first time it's happened. The American government need to do something about racism in the country �
Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by PaulH07: 3:22pm On May 28, 2020
joshuaidibia:

I stopped giving a Bleep about those blacks there when one of them spit on me and called me African booty scratcher. If them fit hate their fellow blacks then why are they crying wolf whenever the white does the same to them. RIP to the young man though, no one deserves to die that way unjustly.

Was this the USA or the UK?
Re: George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) by Toks2008(m): 3:26pm On May 28, 2020
Each time i see this image tears just fill my eyes. O gosh!

America racism is Horrific..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ramzan Kadyrov Arrives Ukraine With Threat To "Finish Ukrainians" / SA President Cyril Ramaphosa Wears Palestinian Scarf, Pledges Solidarity (PICS) / June Ruto Weds Alexander Ezenagu (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.