Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists (25375 Views)

Chikwe Ihekweazu: No State In Nigeria Is COVID-19 Free / Kogi State Disagrees With NCDC, Says Kogi Is COVID-19 Free / COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Chochovini: 11:04am On May 28, 2020
luvinhubby:
This man is stuuppiiidd!!
. HOW IF I MAY ASK?
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by olumide4christ: 11:06am On May 28, 2020
Rgade:
Some weeks ago, I would have attacked this man for this "outrageous" statement. But today I'm like what the heck.. undecided
Some governors are flexing muscle, shutting borders and markets , destroying hotels and arresting business men in the name of pro activeness against covid-19, but what is the difference between those "pro-active" states and kogi state?
People aren't dropping and dying in the active states, no one is dropping and dying in kogi state.
We know that if NCDC were to conduct testing in kogi, positive cases would definitely be picked up,but even the states that are claiming active, most of them have tested below 500 people; testing 500 people is no different from testing 0 persons in states that have populations running into millions. So no state in Nigeria can even be described as "actively" testing anyone.
Yahya Bello's stand on covid-19 may well have been inspired by his unserious attitude towards governance, but so far he seems to be the only one making sense.
Nigeria's reaction to this virus has been completely unnecessary.
Shutting down the country for covid-19, at the detriment of the economy, was absolutely unnecessary.

So you think?

What evidence do you have that people have not been dropping dead in Kogi state?
Are you aware of the protocol of handling suspected Corona Virus patients in each state?
When health workers suspect a patient is exhibiting Corona Virus symptoms, they call the state commissioner of health to come and take charge because only the ministry of health has the right to handle and take custody of Corona virus patients.
In Kogi state, because Gov. Yahaya Bello is determined not to declare any case in his state, the commissioner of health who answers to Bello will not respond to the calls from the health workers. Tests will not be carried out on the suspected patients. This was discussed and mentioned by investigative journalists on TV who have insider sources in the Kogi health sector. I watched the TV program, that's why I said it here.
Thus, there can be no Corona virus tests and affirmation if the state ministry of health does not sanction it.

Anyway, you can choose what you want to believe. We pray that we don't learn the hard way.

1 Like

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by olumide4christ: 11:11am On May 28, 2020
Saintinoo:

Oga use your head, no insult intended.
If Kogi is or shoulf be the epicentre as you rightfully said, whe have there not been cases of strange sickness, strange death and massive hospitalization in the state.

People in Kogi state will tell you that nothing is happening in the state, so if Kogi state is the gateway state then we should start doubting NCDC's numbers.

How many people do you know living right now in Kogi state?

1 Like

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by iswallker(m): 11:12am On May 28, 2020
extol1:
I think the federal government is trying to play politics on the health of the people. I am suspecting fowl play, where those NCDC staffs will be giving some patients mercy injection so as to have some amount of death in kogi state. I think the federal government should leave kogi state alone regarding this covid 19

Fowl play indeed... grin
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by olumide4christ: 11:16am On May 28, 2020
jericco1:
I never knew Yahaya Bello would be this adamant.. he knows what is happening at the top because Covid 19 in Nigeria is a farce undecided

So he's the only governor that knows what is happening at the top?
Even our beloved PDP governors including Gov. Wike doesn't know what is going on at the top?

We Nigerians are some very funny set of people.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by AlexyA(m): 11:18am On May 28, 2020
Kogi VS NCDC/FG coronavirus part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg7Tx6_8jJY.
To every fan and lover of Jenifa's diary, I present to you The top 10 emotional moments from season 1 -5. Feel the chemistry of falzthebahdguy aka sege and jenifa. Feel free to like and subscribe to my YouTube channel
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by DarkJeddi(m): 11:20am On May 28, 2020
dropurluv:
if truly there's covid19 in kogi all this while, shouldn't we have had, mysterious cases and increased hospitalization... I smell a rat
Have people not been dying in Kogi State?

How many of them have they ascertained what killed them?

If indeed there is COVID19 in Nigeria..

How do you expect that such a confluence state like Kogi would not have cases?

Seems to me the only one playing politics here is the Governor..

I started suspecting that man,after he appeared on Channels TV and was talking rubbish about one stupid App and how that was all Kogi needed to be safe.. angry

1 Like

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by 12fruits(m): 11:28am On May 28, 2020
How much is W.H.O paid to America to make falls report on Covid-19, Nigerian Government is not that poor to rely on little grant from WHO and the so called international community that cannot help themselves against Covid-19. If Government want money they can get it without Covid-19 claims.

ignis:
NCDC instead of Kogi state to spoil una show better leave them out of the business n be using other states. Carry dat Kogi 2 cases give Lagos or Kano please, If not Gov. Yahaya Bello go open fowl yansh.

Nigerian government just dey frustrate citizens just to cash out funds from WHO and international communities. How long will they continue lying to us in the name of politics ?

Scammers every... They scammed Nigeria and got to power, and they are still scamming us.

1 Like

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by olumide4christ: 11:34am On May 28, 2020
Egoveen:
we shouldn't be biased here let's tell ourselves the HONEST TRUTH,Covid19 is not in nigeria.

Did you really say that out of your mind?

So Abba Kyari just decided to die as a Martyr from a so-called Corona virus? What about the recently installed Emir of Rano? He also decided to die so as to help NCDC's "lies" about the Corona virus?

Some Nigerians will never cease to amaze me on the way they reason and the extent they think govt can just decide to lie.

Do you know how much Nigeria has lost in revenue as a result of the shutdown in the economy? How much did they get from the WHO, EU, CACOVID as monetary assistance compared to what they have lost in revenue due to the shutdown?
Lagos made N280 billion in Q1 (3 months) of 2020. The economy was shutdown for April and a large part of May 2020.. that's about 1 and a half months. How much has Lagos received from FG and CACOVID since the pandemic started? Is it up to N20-30 billion? Compare this to how much they would have made from revenue within 1.5 months - about N150 billion.

If Corona virus is really a scam or farce, is it not foolish to shutdown your economy that would bring in N150 billion in revenue because of N20 billion from donors to fight an "Audio" virus?
What about their children that have not gone to school all this while? What do they gain by keeping them at home?

It's extremely laughable to think govt would do the above.

Oga, I know that many believe that our government tells lies and many Nigerians do not trust them but there's absolutely no sense in lying and locking down because of a non-existent Corona virus.

The virus is real and existent in Nigeria...take it or leave it.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Chochovini: 11:35am On May 28, 2020
ThinkB4mention:

Yes tongue
. Arh arh? Baby-girl U de vex o, why na? How e come take be by force na?
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by murmee: 11:35am On May 28, 2020
ThinkB4mention:
A whole gate way state....this the state that links the north and south , North and east , north and west... Okine and lokoja is always there resting point..... NCDC should visit these areas of the state.... they will definitely see what they are looking for ..... Kogi outght to be an epicentre.....due to there geographical location.....
Are the citizens of Kogi state complaining of serious than usual illnesses or sudden deaths? You are not being logical!
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by OKTolu: 11:41am On May 28, 2020
You nail it mean

God bless Kogi state government
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by murmee: 11:46am On May 28, 2020
olumide4christ:

So you think?

What evidence do you have that people have not been dropping dead in Kogi state?
Are you aware of the protocol of handling suspected Corona Virus patients in each state?
When health workers suspect a patient is exhibiting Corona Virus symptoms, they call the state commissioner of health to come and take charge because only the ministry of health has the right to handle and take custody of Corona virus patients.
In Kogi state, because Gov. Yahaya Bello is determined not to declare any case in his state, the commissioner of health who answers to Bello will not respond to the calls from the health workers. Tests will not be carried out on the suspected patients. This was discussed and mentioned by investigative journalists on TV who have insider sources in the Kogi health sector. I watched the TV program, that's why I said it here.
Thus, there can be no Corona virus tests and affirmation if the state ministry of health does not sanction it.

Anyway, you can choose what you want to believe. We pray that we don't learn the hard way.
And what makes you think that the people of Kogi state will keep quiet if they are truly being ravaged by Coronavirus!
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by PhantomXcess: 11:55am On May 28, 2020
Let me give you guys contexts.

Ebonyi Governor during a live broadcast stated that all the Covid-19 cases they have recorded so far has not shown even a symptom.

In a context, this means that they(those that tested positive) wouldn't necessarily consider themselves sick suggesting the virus isn't as deadly as promoted by foreign media. Also remember the above statement was recently made and the first cases were almost a month ago.

Another context is how factual reports during the early days revealed that test kits were infected or contaminated with the virus itself. Did we dump the kits and got new ones or did we continue to use them?

Another context is that the above context suggests that Stay-At-Home and Lockdown orders were not necessary or effective. This can be proven by the number of cases rising in most locked down states.
Something to note is, Lagos locked down to curb spread, but later opened the market at periodic times for instance, the 10am to 2pm market hours. Scientifically, you would want to reduce the number of people going to the market at one time but a 4 hour market schedule compels thousands if not millions of people to visit at the same time so they can buy before closure thereby making the entire schedule "peak hours".
This increases the risk of spread as everyone is out at the same time and contact tracing will even be harder to achieve. If the market never closed, people will follow their routine market days and time and that would reduce the number of people in a market at a time. I know this because i never go to the local foodstuff market during peak hours(evening when everyone is back from work).

Another context is that if Lagos cases are true, there should be hospitalizations or isolation of these cases. Isolating over 3k people require serious skilled man power ranging from medics to security personnel. And I don't think Lagos has such capabilities and if they did, we would have seen or heard about it in dynamic ways.
Also think about this, testing centers receive tests samples from either suspected case walk-ins or from medical stations, so this would mean that for every case tested positive, there will be a team sent to isolate the case. You would know if this is happening and i haven't seen, maybe someone can show pointers.

So, are the positive cases individuals being informed and are they being isolated properly? Reports from New York and some other US states revealed that most deaths and positive cases were coming from cases in nursing homes and people who stayed at home.
Some of those reports revealed that health authorities instructed that these positive cases be put in nursing homes with negative cases but people with other serious health issues.
Some reports showed also that the federal funding structure for fighting the pandemic incentivized hospitals to allow for high mortality rates. In plain words; Hospitals get $$ when they test for a case, $$$ increases when they confirm a positive case, then more $$$$ when they hospitalize a case, then even much more $$$$$ when the case gets serious enough to use a ventilator, then very much much more $$$$$$ when a positive case individual dies. How do you fight a pandemic with such a model?
There were widespread reports that people stopped going to hospitals which caused some hospitals to furlough workers, people are scared to go get a test because they heard that positive cases were not being treated until it gets worse so hospitals can make more money, secrecy everywhere and social media taking down anything going against the fear narrative.

Now, while i sincerely believe the NCDC numbers are close to reality, i don't believe the measures put in place to tackle this virus are necessarily effective. In short, i believe more resources should have been focused on building faster test kits or test models. And i also believe clinical trials should have started long ago to determine which drugs can treat or cure the virus.

We sometimes underestimate the survival push of man and believe that placing rules and laws and enforcing them is enough to run a state properly. We have to stop playing and solve this issue on all fronts. How much will an international body give us that the government are willing to mess up the economy for? A bird at hand is the only bird o, nothing dey bush! I repeat, nothing dey bush!

The country should fully open back up SAFELY. But we should never make the mistake of jeopardizing our economy to look good in the eyes of the international community, they don't live here, we do. Their governments are bailing out their businesses with trillions of $$, we are not.

Lastly, it is foolish to try to make a governor look bad by saying he's playing with the health of his people when Nigeria is a country that its people never play with death. If people were dying in unusual numbers in Kogi, social media is not censored there, people will raise alarms all over. If Kogi truly don't have their health affairs in order, someone or some people within the government or healthcare will have spoken up. I cannot possibly believe that all of a sudden, PDP and APC members in the state are working together to save the governor's reputation on his decision especially when the health decisions are made by the health experts in the state.

Remember my first sentence; Ebonyi said their positive cases are yet to show a symptom since they were confirmed positive.

1 Like

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Saintinoo(m): 11:58am On May 28, 2020
olumide4christ:

How many people do you know living right now in Kogi state?
What type of question is this?
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by ThinkB4mention(f): 12:03pm On May 28, 2020
murmee:
Are the citizens of Kogi state complaining of serious than usual illnesses or sudden deaths? You are not being logical!
You guys should Learn From Kano saga
Ignorance is not an excuse to........
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by PhantomXcess: 12:06pm On May 28, 2020
olumide4christ:

So Abba Kyari just decided to die as a Martyr from a so-called Corona virus? What about the recently installed Emir of Rano? He also decided to die so as to help NCDC's "lies" about the Corona virus?

Some Nigerians will never cease to amaze me on the way they reason and the extent they think govt can just decide to lie.

Do you know how much Nigeria has lost in revenue as a result of the shutdown in the economy? How much did they get from the WHO, EU, CACOVID as monetary assistance compared to what they have lost in revenue due to the shutdown?
Lagos made N280 billion in Q1 (3 months) of 2020. The economy was shutdown for April and a large part of May 2020.. that's about 1 and a half months. How much has Lagos received from FG and CACOVID since the pandemic started? Is it up to N20-30 billion? Compare this to how much they would have made from revenue within 1.5 months - about N150 billion.

If Corona virus is really a scam or farce, is it not foolish to shutdown your economy that would bring in N150 billion in revenue because of N20 billion from donors to fight an "Audio" virus?
What about their children that have not gone to school all this while? What do they gain by keeping them at home?

Oga, I know that many believe that our government tells lies and many Nigerians do not trust them but there's absolutely no sense in lying and locking down because of a non-existent Corona virus.

You're right. The virus is real, but is it so deadly as promoted to validate months of shutdown? NO!
Look at the figures, of confirmed cases, and ask yourself, if all those people are isolated, it will take far more money to treat and take care of them than the country is loosing. So are the individuals being informed that they tested positive? Or are they unknowingly infecting others around them pending when they hear back from the lab/NCDC? We have to keep asking questions. If you can't carry us along and entertain our questions, how do we know you're working for us or against us?

The media is not even reporting this pandemic properly.
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by luvinhubby(m): 12:08pm On May 28, 2020
Chochovini:
. HOW IF I MAY ASK?

A wise man will not play politics with the health of his people.

This is a global pandemic for Christ's sake
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by jericco1(m): 12:09pm On May 28, 2020
olumide4christ:

So he's the only governor that knows what is happening at the top?
Even our beloved PDP governors including Gov. Wike doesn't know what is going on at the top?

We Nigerians are some very funny set of people.

Knowing and acting like you don't know is different from knowing and actually acting like you know.. undecided
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by andrewtosin(m): 12:12pm On May 28, 2020
Hian!
Leader like Yahaya Bello? First of all have you been to Kogi before?

So many people are now seeing GYB now as a good governor grin smh. Man of integrity indeed
Vanessa88:
This is the kind of leaders we need in this country
Men of integrity
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by olumide4christ: 12:13pm On May 28, 2020
murmee:
And what makes you think that the people of Kogi state will keep quiet if they are truly being ravaged by Coronavirus!

You underestimate the power of government!

In addition, unless you erroneously think COVID-19 is a scam in Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana, Egypt, USA, UK, China, Italy, Brazil, Russia, etc., it is ignorant to ever believe that Kogi state, the only state that borders 9 other states and the FCT making 10 borders in total, and with such porous borders, and a major stop over for travellers between Northern and Southern Nigeria, would not have any Corona virus case. It's pure denial of the facts. Anyway, what we believe or don't believe will never change the facts. Our prayers are that we will not become a statistic to prove the fact.

That's all I will say in response to your comment.
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by andrewtosin(m): 12:17pm On May 28, 2020
Is it a must
We don't have any case and we don't want to have grin

Just quoting their health minister oh before someone come for me cheesy
ThinkB4mention:
A whole gate way state....this the state that links the north and south , North and east , north and west... Okine and lokoja is always there resting point..... NCDC should visit these areas of the state.... they will definitely see what they are looking for ..... Kogi outght to be an epicentre.....due to there geographical location.....
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 28, 2020
olumide4christ:

So you think?

I don't think you understood my comment.
I didn't disprove any of the things you said, they are all correct.
But my point is that grounding the economy for a disease that is at most a flu to Nigerians has been only detrimental, with no positive results yielded at all.
If people were dropping and dying in kogi, trust me we'll find out.

1 Like

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by extol1(m): 12:18pm On May 28, 2020
iswallker:

Fowl play indeed... grin
it was a typography error
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by andrewtosin(m): 12:19pm On May 28, 2020
Are you sure?
TsaTrinity:
This statement was made hours before NCDC announced the results. We're waiting for a post press statement.
I won't believe Kogi's status until I hear from the govt
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by andrewtosin(m): 12:20pm On May 28, 2020
Leave her cheesy
She doesn't know warris going on
Minemrys:

inte wetin? Hey, are u fr0m kogi state? If u aint, d0n't jump to c0ndemn or adjudge.
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Bimpe29: 12:20pm On May 28, 2020
Are you also enjoying the frankness of Kogi State Government?
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by 12fruits(m): 12:20pm On May 28, 2020
You are correct. Let's say positive things about our leaders and believe in our governance system. The people working there are humans, they can make mistakes or misbehave that does not mean we don't have people with proven integrity.
olumide4christ:

2 Likes

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by andrewtosin(m): 12:24pm On May 28, 2020
MrNipplesLover... With the way you commented, hope the nipples sucking have not affected your thinking faculty in consonance with the way you comment? undecided
MrNipplesLover:

NCDC is just full of lying motherfvckers.

it is clear to some doubting Thomas now that NCDC is crap and deceitful.

well, to save them the stress of daily reports, make dem just kuku announce that all Lagos residents are positive.

den, make dem let us rest in Lagos.

NCDC my foot.

1 Like

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by olumide4christ: 12:25pm On May 28, 2020
PhantomXcess:

You're right. The virus is real, but is it so deadly as promoted to validate months of shutdown? NO!
Look at the figures, of confirmed cases, and ask yourself, if all those people are isolated, it will take far more money to treat and take care of them than the country is loosing. So are the individuals being informed that they tested positive? Or are they unknowingly infecting others around them pending when they hear back from the lab/NCDC? We have to keep asking questions. If you can't carry us along and entertain our questions, how do we know you're working for us or against us?

The media is not even reporting this pandemic properly.

I get your point. Govt communicating with it's people has been a perennial problem in our country. That's one thing I like about Gov. Sanwo-Olu's govt...they engage with the people. The phone number on their Facebook page quickly responds to queries via SMS and WhatsApp. I have engaged them a number of times. I will still do so today as per their plans to open schools and religious centres vis-a-vis the highest single day record of new cases yesterday (256 cases for Lagos yesterday).

Watch TVC News... they are reporting it round the clock. They're doing a lot of investigative journalism. They had a special report recently where their reporter, Adedoja Salam-Adeniyi was granted special access to the Infectious Diseases hospital at Yaba, Lagos. They took her round the facility, she was able to interview 2 patients, though from a safe distance, with a boom microphone, she spoke with the health workers and the commissioner of health. I watched it. You can check it out on their website or through Google. For international news, CNN covers the pandemic very well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Recommend An After Shave / Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative / 290 New COVID-19 Cases, 160 Discharged And 5 Deaths On August 10 - (2100 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.