Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists (25381 Views)

Chikwe Ihekweazu: No State In Nigeria Is COVID-19 Free / Kogi State Disagrees With NCDC, Says Kogi Is COVID-19 Free / COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by olumide4christ: 12:31pm On May 28, 2020
Rgade:

I don't think you understood my comment.
I didn't disprove any of the things you said, they are all correct.
But my point is that grounding the economy for a disease that is at most a flu to Nigerians has been only detrimental, with no positive results yielded at all.
If people were dropping and dying in kogi, trust me we'll find out.

Okay.. understood.

1 Like

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by andrewtosin(m): 12:33pm On May 28, 2020
Like I don't understand...
Russia is another country we should look into. Are people dying on the streets of Russia? Do you know that Nigeria's fatality is worse than Russia's? I'm sure if we were Russian citizens we would be unserious thereby saying all trash and hogwash bla bla bla.
I don't really know what is wrong with our people
ENGINEERG:
In all the states that has it, do you see people dying or people hospitalized, it is high time we don't support irresponsibility,
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Rebuke: 12:35pm On May 28, 2020
Lols. cheesy

NCDC don jam. They won't succeed on this one I bet.

The Ebiras can be very very stubborn, there's nothing they can do to make him give in.

Let's be honest to our selves. If it is true that there's covid-19 in Kogi, by now everyone should have heard about unusual or mistreous deaths around the cities of Kogi but there's nothing like that.

Why are they forcing figure on them? Y'all should understand by now that this NCDC People have some hidden agenda.

1 Like

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by ThinkB4mention(f): 12:37pm On May 28, 2020
andrewtosin:
Is it a must
We don't have any case and we don't want to have grin

Just quoting their health minister oh before someone come for me cheesy
It will shock them
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by EdiskyHarry: 12:52pm On May 28, 2020
It's only the almighty God that will punish NCDC for making so many innocent people die out of fears, hunger and depression in the name of COVID 19.
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by PhantomXcess: 12:54pm On May 28, 2020
olumide4christ:

I get your point. Govt communicating with it's people has been a perennial problem in our country. That's one thing I like about Gov. Sanwo-Olu's govt...they engage with the people. The phone number on their Facebook page quickly responds to queries. I have engaged them a number of times. I will still do so today as per their plans to open schools and religious centres vis-a-vis the highest single day record of new cases yesterday (256 cases yesterday).

Watch TVC News... they are reporting it round the clock. They're doing a lot of investigative journalism. They had a special report recently where their reporter, Adedoja Salam-Adeniyi was granted special access to the Infectious Diseases hospital at Yaba, Lagos. They took her round the facility, she was able to interview 2 patients, though from a safe distance, with a boom microphone, she spoke with the health workers and the commissioner of health. I watched it. You can check it out on their website or through Google. For international news, CNN covers the pandemic very well.

Valid points. I personally like that Lagos state government has been on top of this matter. I also applaud NCDC's effectiveness but we need better efficiency.
It has been cited that people who get flu vaccine can test positive for the typical flu because a vaccine contains an inactive version of the flu itself. This also means that if someone got infected and recovered without being tested, they can test positive to the flu.

It is said to be the same case with Covid-19 too. Reports showed that recovered patients tested positive again but for an inactive type of the virus that their immune system or treatment drugs killed. Now, with that in mind and also our clingy non-social-distance way of life in Africa, it will make sense that a lot of people would have caught this virus and recovered using self medication or a change in diet.
If so, you will find many positives, but almost no symptom and may never have symptom, and if not studied properly, could be the false-positives we hear about or just the inactive virus in their bodies.

Some reports even revealed that certain countries were finding anti-bodies for Covid-19 in people not tested or who tested negative.

This is my angle here. If all i mentioned above are true as fact-checked to be, why is the country not opening SAFELY and why are we not diverting resources to treatment procedures and educating people to boost their immune system which going outside too helps?

Because, if we are just focused on testing and saying if the cases go up, we will lock down again, then, we are certainly not handling this effectively and efficiently.

There is currently a thread on front page right now where people are admitting that they've had one or more symptoms of Covid-19 in the past few weeks and have gotten better. These are also similar symptoms of Malaria and Typhoid too but most people are thinking its the new virus and that is because media information these days are only on the virus. So that's why i said media has to properly report things for a balance of truth.
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by olumide4christ: 1:12pm On May 28, 2020
PhantomXcess:

Valid points. I personally like that Lagos state government has been on top of this matter. I also applaud NCDC's effectiveness but we need better efficiency.
It has been cited that people who get flu vaccine can test positive for the typical flu because a vaccine contains an inactive version of the flu itself. This also means that if someone got infected and recovered without being tested, they can test positive to the flu.

It is said to be the same case with Covid-19 too. Reports showed that recovered patients tested positive again but for an inactive type of the virus that their immune system or treatment drugs killed. Now, with that in mind and also our clingy non-social-distance way of life in Africa, it will make sense that a lot of people would have caught this virus and recovered using self medication or a change in diet.
If so, you will find many positives, but almost no symptom and may never have symptom, and if not studied properly, could be the false-positives we hear about or just the inactive virus in their bodies.

Some reports even revealed that certain countries were finding anti-bodies for Covid-19 in people not tested or who tested negative.

This is my angle here. If all i mentioned above are true as fact-checked to be, why is the country not opening SAFELY and why are we not diverting resources to treatment procedures and educating people to boost their immune system which going outside too helps?

Because, if we are just focused on testing and saying if the cases go up, we will lock down again, then, we are certainly not handling this effectively and efficiently.

There is currently a thread on front page right now where people are admitting that they've had one or more symptoms of Covid-19 in the past few weeks and have gotten better. These are also similar symptoms of Malaria and Typhoid too but most people are thinking its the new virus and that is because media information these days are only on the virus. So that's why i said media has to properly report things for a balance of truth.

True... things should be balanced. The media has the responsibility to investigate and do the balancing.

1 Like

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:39pm On May 28, 2020
andrewtosin:
MrNipples-Lover... With the way you commented, hope the nipples sucking have not affected your thinking faculty in consonance with the way you comment? undecided

na truth I talk naah.
make we no dey lick those people's yansh, make we dey talk as the matter be.

yes, all of them are idiots and deceivers angry

stay blessed, bro.

1 Like

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 28, 2020
andrewtosin:
Are you sure?
As sure as I have ears to hear
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by dboo442: 1:51pm On May 28, 2020
After forcing them to the stream now ncdc wan force them again to drink water unameh were dem dey do that one na
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Chochovini: 1:52pm On May 28, 2020
luvinhubby:

A wise man will not play politics with the health of his people.

This is a global pandemic for Christ's sake
. IN THAT Case, I want to say U are indirectly insinuating that Ben Ayade of Cross River State is also stupid, right?
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by astonished: 1:53pm On May 28, 2020
so many foolish people here that are here to defend this SCAMdemic.

there father or relative must really cash out from this SCAMdemic.

think NCDC now have paid agent here to counter any allegations of their fraud, you see them here still trying to create panic in people for virus that never exist

1 Like

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Egoveen: 1:55pm On May 28, 2020
olumide4christ:

Did you really say that out of your mind?

So Abba Kyari just decided to die as a Martyr from a so-called Corona virus? What about the recently installed Emir of Rano? He also decided to die so as to help NCDC's "lies" about the Corona virus?

Some Nigerians will never cease to amaze me on the way they reason and the extent they think govt can just decide to lie.

Do you know how much Nigeria has lost in revenue as a result of the shutdown in the economy? How much did they get from the WHO, EU, CACOVID as monetary assistance compared to what they have lost in revenue due to the shutdown?
Lagos made N280 billion in Q1 (3 months) of 2020. The economy was shutdown for April and a large part of May 2020.. that's about 1 and a half months. How much has Lagos received from FG and CACOVID since the pandemic started? Is it up to N20-30 billion? Compare this to how much they would have made from revenue within 1.5 months - about N150 billion.

If Corona virus is really a scam or farce, is it not foolish to shutdown your economy that would bring in N150 billion in revenue because of N20 billion from donors to fight an "Audio" virus?
What about their children that have not gone to school all this while? What do they gain by keeping them at home?

It's extremely laughable to think govt would do the above.

Oga, I know that many believe that our government tells lies and many Nigerians do not trust them but there's absolutely no sense in lying and locking down because of a non-existent Corona virus.

The virus is real and existent in Nigeria...take it or leave it.
I see you are an ncdc employee,i understand,man must wakcheesy
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by astonished: 2:01pm On May 28, 2020
your father must be police officer on road, bringing lots of money home during this SCAMdemic, so you want the lockdown remain

luvinhubby:
This man is stuuppiiidd!!
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by cbrezy(m): 2:03pm On May 28, 2020
DEWKID:

wow you are active here just like me its been so long i dropped comment here i just decided to comment and you saw it, what a little world. cheesy

I'm following you up so if you comment I'll see Following (1) grin

1 Like

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by SirWarlock: 2:18pm On May 28, 2020
andrewtosin:
Like I don't understand...
Russia is another country we should look into. Are people dying on the streets of Russia? Do you know that Nigeria's fatality is worse than Russia's? I'm sure if we were Russian citizens we would be unserious thereby saying all trash and hogwash bla bla bla.
I don't really know what is wrong with our people
or do they think covid just kills your battery just like that you're dead sad
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by SirWarlock: 2:26pm On May 28, 2020
PhantomXcess:
Let me give you guys contexts.

Ebonyi Governor during a live broadcast stated that all the Covid-19 cases they have recorded so far has not shown even a symptom.

In a context, this means that they(those that tested positive) wouldn't necessarily consider themselves sick suggesting the virus isn't as deadly as promoted by foreign media. Also remember the above statement was recently made and the first cases were almost a month ago.

Another context is how factual reports during the early days revealed that test kits were infected or contaminated with the virus itself. Did we dump the kits and got new ones or did we continue to use them?

Another context is that the above context suggests that Stay-At-Home and Lockdown orders were not necessary or effective. This can be proven by the number of cases rising in most locked down states.
Something to note is, Lagos locked down to curb spread, but later opened the market at periodic times for instance, the 10am to 2pm market hours. Scientifically, you would want to reduce the number of people going to the market at one time but a 4 hour market schedule compels thousands if not millions of people to visit at the same time so they can buy before closure thereby making the entire schedule "peak hours".
This increases the risk of spread as everyone is out at the same time and contact tracing will even be harder to achieve. If the market never closed, people will follow their routine market days and time and that would reduce the number of people in a market at a time. I know this because i never go to the local foodstuff market during peak hours(evening when everyone is back from work).

Another context is that if Lagos cases are true, there should be hospitalizations or isolation of these cases. Isolating over 3k people require serious skilled man power ranging from medics to security personnel. And I don't think Lagos has such capabilities and if they did, we would have seen or heard about it in dynamic ways.
Also think about this, testing centers receive tests samples from either suspected case walk-ins or from medical stations, so this would mean that for every case tested positive, there will be a team sent to isolate the case. You would know if this is happening and i haven't seen, maybe someone can show pointers.

So, are the positive cases individuals being informed and are they being isolated properly? Reports from New York and some other US states revealed that most deaths and positive cases were coming from cases in nursing homes and people who stayed at home.
Some of those reports revealed that health authorities instructed that these positive cases be put in nursing homes with negative cases but people with other serious health issues.
Some reports showed also that the federal funding structure for fighting the pandemic incentivized hospitals to allow for high mortality rates. In plain words; Hospitals get $$ when they test for a case, $$$ increases when they confirm a positive case, then more $$$$ when they hospitalize a case, then even much more $$$$$ when the case gets serious enough to use a ventilator, then very much much more $$$$$$ when a positive case individual dies. How do you fight a pandemic with such a model?
There were widespread reports that people stopped going to hospitals which caused some hospitals to furlough workers, people are scared to go get a test because they heard that positive cases were not being treated until it gets worse so hospitals can make more money, secrecy everywhere and social media taking down anything going against the fear narrative.

Now, while i sincerely believe the NCDC numbers are close to reality, i don't believe the measures put in place to tackle this virus are necessarily effective. In short, i believe more resources should have been focused on building faster test kits or test models. And i also believe clinical trials should have started long ago to determine which drugs can treat or cure the virus.

We sometimes underestimate the survival push of man and believe that placing rules and laws and enforcing them is enough to run a state properly. We have to stop playing and solve this issue on all fronts. How much will an international body give us that the government are willing to mess up the economy for? A bird at hand is the only bird o, nothing dey bush! I repeat, nothing dey bush!

The country should fully open back up SAFELY. But we should never make the mistake of jeopardizing our economy to look good in the eyes of the international community, they don't live here, we do. Their governments are bailing out their businesses with trillions of $$, we are not.

Lastly, it is foolish to try to make a governor look bad by saying he's playing with the health of his people when Nigeria is a country that its people never play with death. If people were dying in unusual numbers in Kogi, social media is not censored there, people will raise alarms all over. If Kogi truly don't have their health affairs in order, someone or some people within the government or healthcare will have spoken up. I cannot possibly believe that all of a sudden, PDP and APC members in the state are working together to save the governor's reputation on his decision especially when the health decisions are made by the health experts in the state.

Remember my first sentence; Ebonyi said their positive cases are yet to show a symptom since they were confirmed positive.

You nailed it bro. I don't know what plan the government has for covid in the country when now all it seems they're talking about is reopening
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by luvinhubby(m): 2:28pm On May 28, 2020
Chochovini:
. IN THAT Case, I want to say U are indirectly insinuating that Ben Ayade of Cross River State is also stupid, right?

If he says the things said by Bello under same circumstances, yes.
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by newisd75: 2:35pm On May 28, 2020
olumide4christ:

You underestimate the power of government!

In addition, unless you erroneously think COVID-19 is a scam in Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana, Egypt, USA, UK, China, Italy, Brazil, Russia, etc., it is ignorant to ever believe that Kogi state, the only state that borders 9 other states and the FCT making 10 borders in total, and with such porous borders, and a major stop over for travellers between Northern and Southern Nigeria, would not have any Corona virus case. It's pure denial of the facts. Anyway, what we believe or don't believe will never change the facts. Our prayers are that we will not become a statistic to prove the fact.

That's all I will say in response to your comment.
i have a question 4 u
if u believe coronavirus is in nigeria, u know how deadly it can b 4 those with some diseases, u know how fast it can spread, y is it that state in d north that has boarder with other african country has not reported new coronavirus death or new case?
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by olumide4christ: 2:56pm On May 28, 2020
newisd75:

i have a question 4 u
if u believe coronavirus is in nigeria, u know how deadly it can b 4 those with some diseases, u know how fast it can spread, y is it that state in d north that has boarder with other african country has not reported new coronavirus death or new case?

....not reported new Corona virus deaths or cases?

Please check NCDC'S report of yesterday and the last 4 weeks? Are the Northern states not ably represented in those reports? Borno, Kano, Katsina, etc...these states share borders with Niger, Chad, Cameroon check the map of Nigeria...are the Corona virus cases not on the increase in those states?
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by olumide4christ: 3:03pm On May 28, 2020
Egoveen:
I see you are an ncdc employee,i understand,man must wakcheesy

So so laughable... anyone that believes that Corona virus exists is now an NCDC employee, abi?
All my clients who have been working from home despite the fact that the state government said they can work between the hours of 8am-3pm are also NCDC employees?

My church brethren who have big clients both private and Government but have been working from home are now NCDC employees?

My siblings, their colleagues and their bosses, with all their multi-million Naira businesses who have been working from home are now NCDC employees?

If the above is true, then NCDC must have the largest number of employees in the whole of Nigeria.

Nairalanders will never cease to amaze me!

Continue in your delusion oo!

1 Like

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Sardauna24(m): 3:06pm On May 28, 2020
michoim:

Which sincerity? Keep deceiving yourself
Nothing like deceiving himself,this is what we call sincerity and integrity nice one mr.governor..
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by newisd75: 3:13pm On May 28, 2020
olumide4christ:

....not reported new Corona virus deaths or cases?

Please check NCDC'S report of yesterday and the last 4 weeks? Are the Northern states not ably represented in those reports? Borno, Kano, Katsina, etc...these states share borders with Niger, Chad, Cameroon check the map of Nigeria...are the Corona virus cases not on the increase in those states?
in that case, compare d coronavirus increase case & death rate of chad, cameroon & niger republic 2 that of nigeria
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by olumide4christ: 3:26pm On May 28, 2020
newisd75:

in that case, compare d coronavirus increase case & death rate of chad, cameroon & niger republic 2 that of nigeria

I don't understand you..is Nigeria's death rate lower or higher??
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by newisd75: 3:43pm On May 28, 2020
olumide4christ:

I don't understand you..is Nigeria's death rate lower or higher??
i don't know if nigeria has a higher death rate, but if that b d case, it put 2 question d reality of coronavirus in nigeria as many nigerians enter d poros boarder of those african country
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Mentorme: 4:33pm On May 28, 2020
If covid19 is what it said to be: all villages will have at least 3 cases by now.
Though, I believe that covid19 exist but not infectious as purported.

1 Like

Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Emajojo(f): 4:43pm On May 28, 2020
I hail Nigeria my country
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Egoveen: 7:01pm On May 28, 2020
olumide4christ:

So so laughable... anyone that believes that Corona virus exists is now an NCDC employee, abi?
All my clients who have been working from home despite the fact that the state government said they can work between the hours of 8am-3pm are also NCDC employees?

My church brethren who have big clients both private and Government but have been working from home are now NCDC employees?

My siblings, their colleagues and their bosses, with all their multi-million Naira businesses who have been working from home are now NCDC employees?

If the above is true, then NCDC must have the largest number of employees in the whole of Nigeria.

Nairalanders will never cease to amaze me!

Continue in your delusion oo!
I'm not deluded,just stating the fact,when the case of corona virus was first reported they briefed us about the virus,symptoms and protective measures and we saw how people who had the virus in china,europe and america died but here in nigeria only abba kyari was diagnosed and died eventually,apart from kyari who else died of the virus Apart from the AUDIO 8000 that contacted the virus
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Tominay(m): 7:54pm On May 28, 2020
Wow... That's my state Governors work... Broadly speaking if the test is being carried out in the state it would have been better but I learnt that it was in Abuja FCT definately the should record the cases for FCT and not Kogi because while the so said victims where still at FMC in lokoja there's nothing like corona virus is it between their way to Abuja that the man contacted the virus
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 8:35pm On May 28, 2020
ThinkB4mention:
A whole gate way state....this the state that links the north and south , North and east , north and west... Okine and lokoja is always there resting point..... NCDC should visit these areas of the state.... they will definitely see what they are looking for ..... Kogi outght to be an epicentre.....due to there geographical location.....
your moniker should be think before you post.
This your comment is senseless
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 8:36pm On May 28, 2020
Tribalism123:
When a Governor is very stubborn, just know that he is in his second tenure
you just stole this words outta my mouth.
If kogi were about to conduct their gubernatorial elections same way with Edo and ondo, this man would have danced to the tunes
Re: We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 8:38pm On May 28, 2020
Adadike are u on this thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative / 290 New COVID-19 Cases, 160 Discharged And 5 Deaths On August 10 - (2100 Tested) / Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.