Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina (31015 Views)

Enugu 2023: The Detractors Are At It Again, Public Beware - Victor Chigozie Eneh / Detractors Are Out To Destabilise Peace, Tranquility In Enugu – Nwodo / My Detractors Must Apologise To Imo APC, Says Gov Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by ajl: 3:49pm On May 28, 2020
Fragility6:

U are still saying the same thing but indirectly. You are pointing fingers at them. Yes he tried while in position but had his shortcomings. He should step aside and another capable hands be put into power or are u saying bcoz of his achievements, all his wrongs should be overlooked? What exactly are you driving at? Whats your stance? Stop standing in d middle.

Which wrong are you talking about as if you are part of the system their. These western power want stooges that will serve their interests in such position. Once you are independent minded and protest the interests of the people you ought to serve, they want you ought. Most of you Africans, especially Nigeria are still naive and have no global view.

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by benji93: 3:49pm On May 28, 2020
Most of us that are against this are speaking to the duplicity and self-centeredness and condescending attitude of some western governments, which they have historically displayed. Our problem is he will probably be exonerated, but it may be too late to get another term. We'll see how this plays out.
greatbuc:
she got off the hook and was compensated. But the public ridicule was there. He has to get off his hook but public ridicule.. Its still on and on an international scale.. What a big dent! Don't be like your uncle.. Witch hunting is very bad
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by ajl: 3:54pm On May 28, 2020
Adaibeku:
show me yorubas that is not tribalistic

See a probable Igbo pointing finger. Sad I don't do tribal things. It's meant for low-lives who can't see the world beyond the lenses of their village mentality. Every groups in Nigeria is filled with tribalist but a particular group has carried tribalism to a new level. Tribesmen or tribewoman, time to go back to the village.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by adelaja70(m): 3:56pm On May 28, 2020
ajl:

America want its own stooge heading ADB like China has its stooge heading WHO. They don't want independent minded African in such position. I sm sure the previous ADB president was France stooge.
Well said Bro... Do you also know that this is the first time a Nigerian is heading since its establishment? And we are the largest African shareholder in the bank...
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Codes151(m): 3:57pm On May 28, 2020
Why worry if you are clean?
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Fragility6: 3:57pm On May 28, 2020
adelaja70:

What wrong has he committed? I've been following the politics playing out in this bank for many years....
So you know whats going underground? You dont even know of your country politics its afdb's own u know of.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by ajl: 3:59pm On May 28, 2020
Fragility6:

U are still saying the same thing but indirectly. You are pointing fingers at them. Yes he tried while in position but had his shortcomings. He should step aside and another capable hands be put into power or are u saying bcoz of his achievements, all his wrongs should be overlooked? What exactly are you driving at? Whats your stance? Stop standing in d middle.

Not when USA is the architect of his woes with the aim of getting their stooge in that position. Look at Africa Union, Ecowas and others. What value are they adding to the lives of their constituencies. Nothing, because they are headed by stooges to western powers. How long shall we continue this.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by iwaeda: 4:01pm On May 28, 2020
ajl:

Not when USA is the architect of his woes with the aim of getting their stooge in that position. Look at Africa Union, Ecowas and others. What value are they adding to the lives of their constituencies. Nothing, because they are headed by stooges to western powers. How long shall we continue this.

Very Correct!

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Fragility6: 4:02pm On May 28, 2020
SIRTee15:

Obviously, u dont get it....
Whats going on is simply boardroom politics...its all about personal interest....
Western nations don't want him back because he chose to serve Africa not the imperialists......
They are not interested in any probe- they just want him out....
The probe is a tool to get rid of him- whether he's guilty or not.....

Why the probe now when its time for his re-election....
Most of the alleged offences were committed in 2016-2018, but whistle-blowers waited until 2020 to cry foul....

Adesina should not be denied his mandate simply because the white man said so......
He's already been cleared of all wrongdoing by the ethics committee, and the board adopted the report....
The new probe is just to please some interest.......

He can step down, but should be allowed to contest, while the new probe proceed concurrently....
That will ensure he's returned if he's cleared of all allegation....
That's the only way everybody's interest is protected in a fair and just manner....not the system designed to favour obnoxious imperialist...

Dont be subservient to the propanganda of the white man, it serves u no good.....
thats my message....
If you were reali comprehending my comments mayb diz issue wouldn't have been dragged to this extent.I agree the western nations are after thier selfish motives but we shouldn't based our conclusion on that.Are you aware the initial allegations had sumtin to do with some deals they made with china? C'mon bro u know d Chinese desperation to dominate Africa. Something must have gone amiss. Considering the allegations going far back 2016,investigations takes years broda.Do u think Invictus obi was investigated in one day?It took a whole year or 2 sef. I can't fully remember
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by ajl: 4:06pm On May 28, 2020
adelaja70:

Well said Bro... Do you also know that this is the first time a Nigerian is heading since its establishment? And we are the largest African shareholder in the bank...

I didn't even know a Nigerian has never been president of ADB before even though we are the largest shareholder. Nigeria should put its foot on the ground. We are not saying the country should support wrong doings but not when it is orchestrated with attempt to steal ADB presidency and instal a stooge that is. answerable to Washington there. USA will just be sending memos to their stooge president on what policies to implement. That's how they shot down Okonjo Iweale ambition to head IMF or so.. I know these people. I have lived with them for over two decades. They can't stand independent minded Africans. I don't tolerate their nonsense. Because he is Nigerian, they assume it is easy to paint him as corrupt and nepotistic. White people are devil incarnate, especially those running their governments. They are callous and souless.

2 Likes

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Fragility6: 4:08pm On May 28, 2020
ajl:

U guys are so focused on USA u don't even see d damage of the Chinese. The Chinese has more control over Africa countries dan western countries itself.Look at the loans dey lending Africa countries.What do u think dose loans are for.Kenya as a case study.I think they have one of dier largest office in Africa is in china (i can't remember d bizness now but i think its a phone company ).China's presence in kenya alone is baffling.How many European bizness can u see here?
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Fragility6: 4:13pm On May 28, 2020
ajl:

Which wrong are you talking about as if you are part of the system their. These western power want stooges that will serve their interests in such position. Once you are independent minded and protest the interests of the people you ought to serve, they want you ought. Most of you Africans, especially Nigeria are still naive and have no global view.
Are you blind dat u didn't see d accusations? So bcoz he is Nigerian he should be overlooked? If he is found guilty, he should step aside wedaNigerian or not.Is not evrything we should be looking as scapegoating
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by ajl: 4:16pm On May 28, 2020
Fragility6:

U guys are so focused on USA u don't even see d damage of the Chinese. The Chinese has more control over Africa countries dan western countries itself.Look at the loans dey lending Africa countries.What do u think dose loans are for.Kenya as a case study.I think they have one of dier largest office in Africa is in china (i can't remember d bizness now but i think its a phone company ).China's presence in kenya alone is baffling.How many European bizness can u see here?

But what we are discussing now is ADB and USA play a major role here. Of course, we are aware of China activities as well. China is the new enemy while countries of the west are age-old enemies. Remember that African countries wanted to get rid of these age-old enemies and went east to seek out China but ended up getting entrapped by a new enemy, China. The China case is even more stupid because China never had a colony in Africa. So, we have multiple "wars" to fight. So far we know that. Many of the startups founded by young Nigerians are owned by financiers in the West. They are following the western model of venture financing which most of our parents did not do as they built up their businesses from within. Wait for another 20years to see the outcome. From Konga, Propertypro, IrokoTV, Taxify/Bolt, Flutterwave, and there is even one founded by a Nigerian thats collecting entire Africa's DNA database. How dangerous is the latter. So, we are entirely owned by the West. Let us stop fooling ourselves. China is a new and more dangerous player on the scene and they "play" like a serpent.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by SavageResponse(m): 4:16pm On May 28, 2020
benji93:
Be reasonable when making your comments. AfDB must have rules that are applied in such a situation. The Ethics committee could not have been headed by its president. And why would you call it a sham? Because it was presided upon by African leaders? Because the west says so? What a show of inferiority. The timing is particularly suspect, given the fact that the elections will be conducted soon. Meanwhile, according to a report by the African report, the chairman of the committee, may have violated the bank's rules by sending the whistleblower's report to the board of directors before consulting the legal advice department. This accusation may not even matter, cos their intention may just be to entrap him in a long-winded investigation that puts his re-election bid in jeopardy.

How can you say that an in-house committee that was likely superintended by one of Adeshina's lackeys was unbiased and independent

Did you even read the allegations against him before coming here to defend him blindly?

Most people who head Nigerian establishments will not survive when given opportunity to head a multinational corporation where there are strict rules of engagement

In case you don't know Adeshina was busy employing only his friends and cronies and flouting organisational procedures.

He thinks he is still in Nigeria where qualified people should only be given jobs based on man-know-man.

He was also doing the usual over-invoicing Nigerians love to do so that he can get kickbacks.

But of course you will not see that one cos you have accepted corruption as a normal thing hence your blind defence of a compatriot

Nigerians and Africans at large are always quick to play the race card whenever a leader of African extraction is called out by the west for wrongdoing...quite a shame really cos that is the reason why we are the most backward continent on the face of the planet.

I am a full-blooded Nigerian but if Adeshina is found guilty then he should be kicked out!

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by adelaja70(m): 4:21pm On May 28, 2020
Fragility6:

So you know whats going underground? You dont even know of your country politics its afdb's own u know of.
I KNOW blame you read una no go read.. Carry out research, Na lie. Make i leave you with your empty brain.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Fragility6: 4:28pm On May 28, 2020
adelaja70:

I KNOW blame you read una no go read.. Carry out research, Na lie. Make i leave you with your empty brain.
I no tell u say na lie either.D way u tk bliv say all d allegations na lie na d same way me tk blive say all d allegations cannot be lies even if some dem fabricate am.U no wan tink go dat side. As na Nigerian,automatically dem don dey witchhunt am
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by ajl: 4:31pm On May 28, 2020
SavageResponse:

He can you say that an in-house committee that was likely superintended by one of Adeshina's lackeys was unbiased and independent

Did you even read the allegations against him before coming here to defend him blindly?

Most people who head Nigerian establishments will not survive when given opportunity to head a multinational corporation where there are strict rules of engagement

In case you don't know Adeshina was busy employing only his friends and cronies and flouting organisational procedures.

He thinks he is still in Nigeria where qualified people should only be given jobs based on man-know-man.

He was also doing the usual over-invoicing Nigerians love to do so that he can get kickbacks.

But of course you will not see that one cos you have accepted corruption a a normal thing hence your blind defence of a compatriot

Nigerians and Africans at large are always quick to play the race card whenever a leader of African extraction is called out by the west for wrongdoing...quite a shame really cos that is the reason why we are the most backward continent on the face of the planet.

I am a full-blooded Nigerian but if Adeshina is found guilty then he should be kicked out!

You are just typing nonsense. The fact that you have to state that you are a Nigeria for us to know mean you can't make reasonable comments without dissociating the fact that you are a Nigerian. Who care? You can as well be an ET. As if Adeshina has no CV or he started out in a Nigerian organization.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by SIRTee15: 4:34pm On May 28, 2020
ajl:

I didn't even know a Nigerian has never been president of ADB before even though we are the largest shareholder. Nigeria should put its foot on the ground. We are not saying the country should support wrong doings but not when it is orchestrated with attempt to steal ADB presidency and instal a stooge that is. answerable to Washington there. USA will just be sending memos to their stooge president on what policies to implement. That's how they shot down Okonjo Iweale ambition to head IMF or so.. I know these people. I have lived with them for over two decades. They can't stand independent minded Africans. I don't tolerate their nonsense. Because he is Nigerian, they assume it is easy to paint him as corrupt and nepotistic. White people are devil incarnate, especially those running their governments. They are callous and souless.

I noticed those of us living or had lived overseas and worked the whites are not buying this bullshit.....
The people at home are the ones swallowing the media propanganda.....claiming the allegations are heavy......
I can bet u the allegation of sexual assault is a case of romantic affair gone sour.....

U cant really blame Nigerians at home, I used to gravitate towards the white man's opinion until I relocated abroad......
Now I take everything that comes out of their mouth with a pinch of salt.....especially when it comes to African affairs......
They are so complicit in the rot and corruption going on in that continent......
Nigerians dont know because our leaders are doing a good job of under-developing the country, without the white man making an effort.....

I think its our duty to open the minds of Africans, both home and diaspora to the evil machination of these imperialists- both old and new....
At least our younger generations will have a better perspective of global affairs, and wont see the white man or chinese as saviours.....

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by ajl: 4:36pm On May 28, 2020
Fragility6:

Are you blind dat u didn't see d accusations? So bcoz he is Nigerian he should be overlooked? If he is found guilty, he should step aside wedaNigerian or not.Is not evrything we should be looking as scapegoating

Not when a foreign country start cooking up stories and choose to ignore laid down procedures within the same organization it claim it is trying to save. Like USA love ADB more than Africans. Same old storyline. "They can't run their own affair without us". I am not a stupid African. I know my enemies and I am not going to treat them as friends.

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by adelaja70(m): 4:39pm On May 28, 2020
Fragility6:

I no tell u say na lie either.D way u tk bliv say all d allegations na lie na d same way me tk blive say all d allegations cannot be lies even if some dem fabricate am.U no wan tink go dat side. As na Nigerian,automatically dem don dey witchhunt am
I know wetin i dey talk.. If America no want you in a post, they are ready to fight dirty. Do you know Nigeria is the largest shareholder in the bank? And do you know this is the first time a Nigerian is heading the bank since its establishment? No be same Naija no dey contest but America and its allies dey always block us. One happened in the 90s, everybody was rooting for a Nigerian believe you me... America and its allies go bring Togolese, i felt like crying that day...
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by ajl: 4:40pm On May 28, 2020
SIRTee15:

I noticed those of us living or had lived overseas and worked the whites are not buying this bullshit.....
The people at home are the ones swallowing the media propanganda.....claiming the allegations are heavy......
I can bet u the allegation of sexual assault is a case of romantic affair gone sour.....

U cant really blame Nigerians at home, I used to gravitate towards the white man's opinion until I relocated abroad......
Now I take everything that comes out of their mouth with a pinch of salt.....especially when it comes to African affairs......
They are so complicit in the rot and corruption going on in that continent......
Nigerians dont know because our leaders are doing a good job of under-developing the country, without the white man making an effort.....

I think its our duty to open the minds of Africans, both home and diaspora to the evil machination of these imperialists- both old and new....
At least our younger generations will have a better perspective of global affairs, and wont see the white man or chinese as saviours.....

Same case with me until I left Nigeria. Most Nigerians back home are living in "darkness". Sometimes it is hard to blame them because the propaganda is masterfully delivered. More so, the eurocentric educational system left by the British that our so called leaders choose not to dismantle.

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by SIRTee15: 4:56pm On May 28, 2020
SavageResponse:

He can you say that an in-house committee that was likely superintended by one of Adeshina's lackeys was unbiased and independent

But of course you will not see that one cos you have accepted corruption a a normal thing hence your blind defence of a compatriot

I dont care the dirt thrown at him...
The fact remains the timing is suspect.....why wait until election time to smear him with their media propanganda......
The above is the question u all western apologists have failed to answer....
The so called whistle blowers refused to show up and present their evidence during the ethics committee investigations in jan- march this year....they convenietly stayed away.....
Yet were quick to leak the allegations to the press to ensure character defamation.....
Now they want another independent panel that will most likely take another 4-6 months....
The western nation dont care about any independent panel report....its a tool to make sure he's doesn't contest in August....

Let African nations offer them the option of Adesina stepping down now, but allowed to contest in August....and only resume if he's cleared...
Never....these imperialist will reject it...because it defeats the aim....

I keep saying it....
If all u learn from western nation is freedom and democratic value....
u are doomed forever......
They are tools of manipulation to ensure they remain on top and the rest remain subjugated......
That explain why china is rising despite all their shortcomings.....
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by benji93: 5:02pm On May 28, 2020
You labeled them correctly. Allegations. How can you be sure it was overseen by one of Adeshina's Lackey's that was what I was talking about. Be reasonable. AfDB is an international organization, with a board comprising of members from different countries. As far as I am concerned if his fellow African peers absolve him of all allegations, then so be it. It's after all an organization created to serve African interests. I honestly don't know how they allowed those guys to become shareholders(of course it's the money they bring to the table). African leaders should be allowed to decide on investigations regarding an official of a Bank created to serve their interests. Since they have let those guys in there's no way such situations can be avoided. I do not understand why an African Bank must be subjected to scrutiny by a jury from outside Africa. It defeats the identity of the bank. If Africans cannot be trusted to make the right decisions, I don't understand why the bank still exists.

It's an allegation, and until they provide evidence suggesting he did all those things mentioned, it will remain so. If this was in Nigeria, i would probably be worried it could be true. But it's an African thing, created for African people. There are south Africans, Algerians, Nigeriens, Chadians e.t.c. Let them decide. Stop going all over the place peddling an allegation as fact.

Many qualified people will. They definitely know how to comport themselves in more organized environments. I say many cos, western leaders mismanage organizations as well as African leaders. The disorganized state of our system contributes to the corruption of the moral compass of Nigerians.

Man i hate stuffs like this. Why are you talking as if you are privy to AfDB dealings, do you have any evidence of this, apart from the allegation put forward?
This not quite useful. if you think Nigerians are not capable of leading with transparency and competence, that's your problem.

Again your opinion of Nigerians generally does not include me. You may have accepted it, but that's not for me.
Let the Africans decide if he's guilty. It's an African thing. If they cannot do so in all honesty, the bank should be dissolved and everyone given back their monies

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by SavageResponse(m): 5:21pm On May 28, 2020
ajl:

You are just typing nonsense. The fact that you have to state that you are a Nigeria for us to know mean you can't make reasonable comments without dissociating the fact that you are a Nigerian. Who care? You can as well be an ET. As if Adeshina has no CV or he started out in a Nigerian organization.

You have a very small mind if not you would have attacked the message instead of attacking the messenger!
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Legendguru: 5:43pm On May 28, 2020
No one takes you serious
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by iwaeda: 5:54pm On May 28, 2020
Oduclemz:

No go find job do. Go and defend a billionaire with empty stomach. Youths are not ready. Always dissipating energy to defend the rich and later goes back to sleep empty stomach
OBJ and Zainab no get job too?
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by bakescos01: 6:18pm On May 28, 2020
MasterKernel:

I like him as a person, but no man chairs his own probe. The right thing is to step down while the investigation is going on. I doubt the findings of the bank ethics committee.

It's a standard practice, you can't chair your own probe.

The West chair their own probe. It is when it comes to Africa we hear all this stuffs. The Chinese will not allow anyone to come and be doing this kind of thing, even WHO couldn’t go investigate what’s going on in China concerning the Convid-19 and depend only on what China government tells them. The music always change when it comes to an African man and the way we Africans support this rubbish makes me weep for our future as people.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by frog12: 6:18pm On May 28, 2020
why him too give him friend oladokun contract he think he dey nigeria wey nothing go happen. as much as adesina is a shiny star, he can be nailed for that.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by frog12: 6:21pm On May 28, 2020
was your aunt corrupt?

greatbuc:
This guy that almost made them sack my Aunt in Ministry of Agric... I'm still sitting on fresh pig skin for you. One good turn deserves another
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by chaloskyx: 6:22pm On May 28, 2020
why is it when IMF and world bank give African leaders loans which they embezzle through fictitious contract why dont the US government probe that. instead the go after issues or cases that poses a national threat to US interest. I am certain the real reason the US is on this mans matter is because Adesinas policies are going against the us plans and overall national interest. but one thing is clear do not think for once US is concerned about corruption any move the US makes on an individual is hinged on its national interest
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by bakescos01: 6:24pm On May 28, 2020
MasterKernel:

It's not the West that's our problem, it's we. All our politicians stealing billions and hiding in Western Banks, who's fault?

All the palliatives that was stolen was it the West, stop this story. Adesina, needs to step down as to allow independent probe.

One thing a lot of Africans don’t know is that every country is greedy and all do shady stuffs for the interest of its citizen. But even when an African leader does shady stuff for that interest of his people is the same people that will castigate him and sell him out and that’s why we are at this point.

Give a Chinese $1million to point to where Chinese people are doing Shady business he will either collect the money and run a way or turn it down but give a black man $100 he will direct you to his parent house send and there generation.

We are fighting an ideological war in Africa and that’s the toughest war to conquer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sadique Abubakar Commissions New Accommodation For Troops In Agatu (Photos) / APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged / Gunmen Behead Ukeoma In Emohua, Rivers And Abduct Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.