Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion (2091 Views)

10 Countries With The Largest Number Of Christians- Statisense / Does Religion Matter? / Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 6:53pm On May 28, 2020
OkCornel:
@ IamMichael - intelligent Christians or intelligent theists you mean?

Just to be sure your topic isn’t misconstrued to imply the Muslims, Traditionalists, Deists etc have a free pass. Well, unless that’s what it is.
No, i mean Nairaland christians specifically bro.
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 28, 2020
IamMichael:

- I'm not a christian, and i don't know what you mean by the word of god(except you are talking about the religious doctrines of christians popularly called Bible).

- Secondly, when you say God, i don't know who you are talking about. Except, from your statement, i am assuming you are talking about the christian god, Yahweh. If that's the case, i suggest you always properly identify it by its rightful name which is Yahweh. It makes it easier to know who you are talking about because I'm not your fellow adherent.

Regards!!!

So much for the identification but you failed to identify yourself as an atheist to me to help me understand the angle you're coming from and be well guided in my response to you.

Anyways, good day.
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 7:01pm On May 28, 2020
Eulalia:

So much for the identification but you failed to identify yourself as an atheist to me to help me understand the angle you're coming from and be well guided in my response to you.

Anyways, good day.
You see.

I already said what I am in the OP.

IT WAS BOLDLY STATED THAT I AM A FREETHINKER IN THE FIRST POST ON THIS THREAD.
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 7:10pm On May 28, 2020
Eulalia:

Go ahead. They are not open to much argument though and that is the attitude i believe an intelligent believer and good bible scholar should have.

Try not to argue. And stay within the context of the Word of God.

Again, i prefer the word "discuss" as opposed to the word "argument".

Religious beliefs cannot be argued because it cannot pass any of the simple tests of logical argument nor does it present facts as it's basis like a normal argument would.
In other words, arguments deal with facts, religious beliefs don't.

1 Like

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by ThothHermes: 7:24pm On May 28, 2020
Yada yada yada without saying anything.
IamMichael:

Let me show you an example.

- Christians are taught to believe that Satan, demons, angels, Jesus and Yahweh are real from birth.
As the child grows, he's continuosly fed the demon and devil stories, and being told that Satan makes people who worship him rich. The child grows up believing that nonsense. Then one day, he starts thinking money ritual is real, and the rest is history.
Go right go left. Stay one place abeg. You can't coordinate your thoughts properly and you're calling people unintelligent?? We're talking about Christians right?
What If no-one ever told the child that Satan is real?
Then the child will find out some other way.

The Government uses tax payers money to pay for useless religious pilgrimages for people of same faith. Yet, look at how the whole infrastructure of the country is.
The government subsidizes pilgrimage. What is the correlation with underdevelopment. Do they subsidize pilgrimage in North Korea?

Religious institutions are busy teaching people about God's forgiveness, empowering people to behave as they want, maltreat others and do all sorts of nonsense because at the end of the day, all they have to do is ask God for forgiveness, and everything is settled.
You really need to get proper education.
Which institution has said you should treat people anyhow because of forgiveness

Some of this Religious institutions have necessitated the death of thousands because of certain health practices, endangering the life of its followers, causing people to die because their religious beliefs forbids them from getting proper medical care.
Jehovah's Witnesses are a very minute part of the population. How many people do know personally that have died this way?

Religion is the number one cause of division in Nigeria. It is always US V THEM, manifested mostly in Elections. Every day in this country, it's Muslim this, Christian that.
A typical christian will hate a Muslim for no reason, and vice Versa.
Humans war over a lot things. Religion is one of them.
There is hardly anything without a religious undertone in it in Nigeria.

- Merely knowing that the other person is not of the same faith, creates a predisposed hatred. Goodluck getting a job at a place owned by a religious zealot. [quote]Hateful human hate others because of tribe, religion, party affiliation etc. What's new about that?

[quote]What of in school? Almost every private school is converted to christian religious centre.
I mean, religion is taught in schools to children. Children without capacity to know A from B are being bombarded with religious doctrines from childhood, and being robbed of their own freewill. Something that is against the Law of the Land, seeing as The Constitution guarantees freedom of religion. But, no! Children are forced to subscribe to the religion, denied the choice to choose.
How would a child be better off if he doesn't subscribe to a religion?

Then you hear absurd comments like "I'm just doing it because of God"...

- I don't even want to talk about terrorism, backbiting, and the rest that the churches and mosques create among its supposed adherents.
Even among the christians, divisions everywhere. Among Muslims, divisions everywhere.
See earlier comment.

- Not to talk of the perpetual ignorance it keeps the people in.

The list is uncountable.

You are the only ignorant person here.
Your comments are all over the place
Jumping from pillar to post.
If your next comment is not coherent, I won't even respond. I don't have that kind of time.

1 Like

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 8:11pm On May 28, 2020
Not even going to bother. Reading is one thing, understanding is another.

I'm tired of replying children!
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 8:25pm On May 28, 2020
ThothHermes:
Yada yada yada without saying anything.Go right go left. Stay one place abeg. You can't coordinate your thoughts properly and you're calling people unintelligent?? We're talking about Christians right?
Then the child will find out some other way.

The government subsidizes pilgrimage. What is the correlation with underdevelopment. Do they subsidize pilgrimage in North Korea?

You really need to get proper education.
Which institution has said you should treat people anyhow because of forgiveness

Jehovah's Witnesses are a very minute part of the population. How many people do know personally that have died this way?

Humans war over a lot things. Religion is one of them.

Just quoting you for reference sake... Because i will refer to this type of irrational and illogical posts in the future to continue to buttress how unreasonable and silly religion make people.

3 Likes

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 8:26pm On May 28, 2020

We are talking about Nigeria, and he is talking about North Korea... After still stating that we are talking about christians. Is North Korea a Christian country?
Next thing he starts spewing what he doesn't know about North Korea, and start comparing it with Nigeria, citing that North Korea is not a Christian country, yet... And then he will use it to justify whatever junk he has kept...and he thinks he is making a point.

Same person is asking me the correlation between subsidizing pilgrimage and underdevelopment in Nigeria.
This person doesn't know that the million's of dollar's freely given for pilgrimages could have been used to build and equip hundreds of schools adequately and taken out of school children to school, or probably used in some other infrastructural development. This person doesn't know that such scarce resources could have been given to local producers to help boost their business or given to importers who are actually adding something to the economy.

This Same person also said that if no one teaches a child that devil is real, then the child will find out some other way. Do children grow up believing Santa Claus is real as adults?

Same person is the one still telling me that my thoughts are incoherent and that i am ignorant.

No reasoning, no rationality, no sense of logic or logical compartment. Just keep spewing every trash that enters their mind with no filter at all to check if what they're saying is reasonable or not. Almost like you took it upon yourself to prove me right that there is no intelligent christian on Nairaland!!!

No wonder Nigeria is this way.

See what i told you @Dantedasz

1 Like

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by psyco: 9:24pm On May 28, 2020
IamMichael:
.... [color=#000099]
Okay let's see if we can't he reasonable.

Which part of Christianity is hard for you?
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by TrajansKong: 9:34pm On May 28, 2020
IamMichael:

We are talking about Nigeria, and he is talking about North Korea... After still stating that we are talking about christians. Is North Korea a Christian country?
Next thing he starts spewing what he doesn't know about North Korea, and start comparing it with Nigeria, citing that North Korea is not a Christian country, yet... And then he will use it to justify whatever junk he has kept...and he thinks he is making a point.

Same person is asking me the correlation between subsidizing pilgrimage and underdevelopment in Nigeria.
This person doesn't know that the million's of dollar's freely given for pilgrimages could have been used to build and equip hundreds of schools adequately and taken out of school children to school, or probably used in some other infrastructural development. This person doesn't know that such scarce resources could have been given to local producers to help boost their business or given to importers who are actually adding something to the economy.

This Same person also said that if no one teaches a child that devil is real, then the child will find out some other way. Do children grow up believing Santa Claus is real as adults?

Same person is the one still telling me that my thoughts are incoherent and that i am ignorant.

No reasoning, no rationality, no sense of logic or logical compartment. Just keep spewing every trash that enters their mind with no filter at all to check if what they're saying is reasonable or not. Almost like you took it upon yourself to prove me right that there is no intelligent christian on Nairaland!!!

See what i told you @Dantedasz

Yu nid Chizoss.
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 11:56pm On May 28, 2020
psyco:

Okay let's see if we can't he reasonable.

Which part of Christianity is hard for you?

I don't understand your question bro. Can you rephrase or help me understand what you mean exactly?
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 12:01am On May 29, 2020
TrajansKong:

Yu nid Chizoss.
Savage man... grin grin
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by Dantedasz(m): 7:07am On May 29, 2020
IamMichael:

See what i told you[b] @Dantedasz[/b]

Although that is only one person, the pattern is starting to emerge.... grin
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by triplechoice(m): 7:48am On May 29, 2020
@Iammichael

In your other thread you said you were once a religious person before you became an atheist

If that is true, then why are you surprised that people you were once like are acting irrationally

I rather you focused on your mission of trying to free their minds from religious indoctrination instead of what you're trying to do now. It doesn't help help you in anyway
Instead it would make your task more difficult.

People will continue to say and do things based on what they know and cannot change until they know better.
This is the truth of the matter and I don't expect you not to know this.

Do the Job you have assigned to yourself without complaining or getting distracted
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by psyco: 9:52am On May 29, 2020
IamMichael:

I don't understand your question bro. Can you rephrase or help me understand what you mean exactly?
What part of Christianity seems difficult for you to believe?
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by LordReed(m): 10:23am On May 29, 2020
While you raise valid points, I disagree with the topic heading. There are intelligent Christians on NL, that they pervert their intellect to support the unsupportable is a different thing.
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by tipscogreen: 11:34am On May 29, 2020
IamMichael:

IAMMICHAEL IS A FREETHINKER with a mission to get all to start thinking rationally, and quit allowing their religious beliefs cloud their sense of reasoning.
I'll not waste my time to reason or argue with you because I consider that worthless.
The fact remains, spiritual things can't be understand with human wisdom (science).
How will you understand the history of creation as recorded in the first book of the Bible?
How will you understand the crossing of the red sea. In the second book of the Bible? (which even the historians agreed with)
With your human wisdom, you'll never accept or understand the virgin birth of my Lord and saviour Jesus Christ.
Christ death, burial and resurrection will sound unbelievable because you'll not find any scientific theory to back that up.
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by eplanning: 11:48am On May 29, 2020
Any white Jesus worshipping Christian is a dummy.

2 Likes

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by sonmvayina(m): 12:06pm On May 29, 2020
tipscogreen:

I'll not waste my time to reason or argue with you because I consider that worthless.
The fact remains, spiritual things can't be understand with human wisdom (science).
How will you understand the history of creation as recorded in the first book of the Bible?
How will you understand the crossing of the red sea. In the second book of the Bible? (which even the historians agreed with)
With your human wisdom, you'll never accept or understand the virgin birth of my Lord and saviour Jesus Christ.
Christ death, burial and resurrection will sound unbelievable because you'll not find any scientific theory to back that up.

which criteria did you use to accept them as truth?
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 12:10pm On May 29, 2020
psyco:
What part of Christianity seems difficult for you to believe?

All.
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 12:29pm On May 29, 2020
triplechoice:

@Iammichael

In your other thread you said you were once a religious person before you became an atheist

If that is true, then why are you surprised that people you were once like are acting irrationally

I rather you focused on your mission of trying to free their minds from religious indoctrination instead of what you're trying to do now. It doesn't help help you in anyway
Instead it would make your task more difficult.

People will continue to say and do things based on what they know and cannot change until they know better.
This is the truth of the matter and I don't expect you not to know this.

Do the Job you have assigned to yourself without complaining or getting distracted

I get your point bro, honestly i do.

But, when you look at the things/traits i listed, it has more to do with personality than religion. I discuss about religion with a lot of people offline, and they don't get angry over it or start displaying childish stunts just because of mere discuss.

Those that do not know what next to say usually tell me that i need Jesus in my life, and other funny things like that, and life goes on.
Some will outrightly tell me that i want to confuse them, and so request that we should cease the discuss.
Some get angry, but I usually used the self-guilt trick of "why are you getting angry over a mere religious discuss?".

Ever since I stopped being religious, i realised that you cannot argue with a religious person, you just discuss it with them seeing as religious beliefs cannot be proved from now till eternity because if you read well enough, you must understand how and why Religious beliefs came up...at least to an extent.

But, when you come here, it's a different thing altogether. They take it too serious, and that is very dangerous.
One thing I have seen is that they don't know difference between facts and opinions. They portray opinions as facts, and when you take any of them up, trust me, you must surely see them displaying some of the trait's i listed above.

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 1:11pm On May 29, 2020
tipscogreen:

So, if spiritual things can't be understood with human wisdom, with what did you understand yours?

Because it doesn't make sense, and can at best be described as creation stories told by Jews. Every tribe has theirs.

Historians don't agree on any crossing of the sea story since there is no historical or archeological records showing such.

It is biologically impossible for a virgin to give birth without the male chromosomes.

You don't need any scientific evidence to prove that Christ died. Anything that dies stays dead. So, if the alleged Christ died and woke up, then he didn't die. It's common sense!

1 Like

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 1:14pm On May 29, 2020
LordReed:
While you raise valid points, I disagree with the topic heading. There are intelligent Christians on NL, that they pervert their intellect to support the unsupportable is a different thing.

I actually also found it hard to use the heading because of the above points you raised. However, so far and with everything i have seen, i am yet to be proved wrong.

If you have a better heading though, i don't mind changing it.
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by whitestar01(m): 1:15pm On May 29, 2020
IamMichael:

IAMMICHAEL IS A FREETHINKER with a mission to get all to start thinking rationally, and quit allowing their religious beliefs cloud their sense of reasoning.
Bro, I must say the unacceptable truth; nairaland Christians are the worst set of Christians to say the least, they are mostly hypocritical, deceptive and too emotional about Christianity. It is not that they are not intelligent but they do not believe in Christianity without the aforementioned. They still can't profess their belief without mixing it up with humanistic logic. Hence, don't expect them to counter your opinion but do not think that you are wise because you can't prove your belief beyond questions. If you doubt, prove it. Remember, I have asked you this question before but no rational response.
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by Jokerman(m): 1:16pm On May 29, 2020
The only discuss a Christian owes you is the good news of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 1:20pm On May 29, 2020
whitestar01:
Bro, I must say the unacceptable truth; nairaland Christians are the worst set of Christians to say the least, they are mostly hypocritical, deceptive and too emotional about Christianity. It is not that they are not intelligent but they do not believe in Christianity without the aforementioned. They still can't profess their belief without mixing it up with humanistic logic. Hence, don't expect them to counter your opinion but do not think that you are wise because you can't prove your belief beyond questions. If you doubt, prove it. Remember, I have asked you this question before but no rational response.
Okay.
So let's talk... I may have forgotten the question you asked.

If you have the time, please do remind me.
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 1:21pm On May 29, 2020
Jokerman:
The only discuss a Christian owes you is the good news of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Lol... Not when the good news is false news!
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by kingxsamz(m): 1:21pm On May 29, 2020
IamMichael:

Let me show you an example.

- Christians are taught to believe that Satan, demons, angels, Jesus and Yahweh are real from birth.
As the child grows, he's continuosly fed the demon and devil stories, and being told that Satan makes people who worship him rich. The child grows up believing that nonsense. Then one day, he starts thinking money ritual is real, and the rest is history.
What If no-one ever told the child that Satan is real?

- The Government uses tax payers money to pay for useless religious pilgrimages for people of same faith. Yet, look at how the whole infrastructure of the country is.

- Religious institutions are busy teaching people about God's forgiveness, empowering people to behave as they want, maltreat others and do all sorts of nonsense because at the end of the day, all they have to do is ask God for forgiveness, and everything is settled.

- Some of this Religious institutions have necessitated the death of thousands because of certain health practices, endangering the life of its followers, causing people to die because their religious beliefs forbids them from getting proper medical care.

- Religion is the number one cause of division in Nigeria. It is always US V THEM, manifested mostly in Elections. Every day in this country, it's Muslim this, Christian that.
A typical christian will hate a Muslim for no reason, and vice Versa.
There is hardly anything without a religious undertone in it in Nigeria.

- Merely knowing that the other person is not of the same faith, creates a predisposed hatred. Goodluck getting a job at a place owned by a religious zealot.

- What of in school? Almost every private school is converted to christian religious centre.
I mean, religion is taught in schools to children. Children without capacity to know A from B are being bombarded with religious doctrines from childhood, and being robbed of their own freewill. Something that is against the Law of the Land, seeing as The Constitution guarantees freedom of religion. But, no! Children are forced to subscribe to the religion, denied the choice to choose.

- Then you hear absurd comments like "I'm just doing it because of God"...

- I don't even want to talk about terrorism, backbiting, and the rest that the churches and mosques create among its supposed adherents.
Even among the christians, divisions everywhere. Among Muslims, divisions everywhere.

- Not to talk of the perpetual ignorance it keeps the people in.

The list is uncountable.

Bro you nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by Jokerman(m): 1:25pm On May 29, 2020
IamMichael:

Lol... Not when the good news is false news!

I wish you can read the message and teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ bro... You'd find peace and hope
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by kingxsamz(m): 1:28pm On May 29, 2020
tipscogreen:

Yeah, because none of that ever happened. tongue

1 Like

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by desiredhome: 1:30pm On May 29, 2020
ThothHermes:
How does their thinking affect their immediate environment?
The country is this way because of widespread corruption and bad governance. Not religion.

Italy is a highly religious nation, so is Spain. Why are they developed?
North Korea is almost as bad, if not worse than Nigeria. There is no religion there. So where's the connection

The foreign countries you mentioned practice their religion with intelligence while Nigerians(black) practice same religion with unintelligent mind, mostly out of fear/poverty..

This is exactly the positive of the OP
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by LordReed(m): 2:22pm On May 29, 2020
IamMichael:

I actually also found it hard to use the heading because of the above points you raised. However, so far and with everything i have seen, i am yet to be proved wrong.

If you have a better heading though, i don't mind changing it.

Christians on NL pervert their intellect

Christians on NL twist their intelligence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can God Allow Such? / Between Modern Tithing And The Sale Of Indulgences / Where Was The Church Whilst Trans-atlantic Slavery Lasted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.