Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures (77819 Views)

First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria / Boko Haram Captures & Destroys Armed Personnel Carrier Newly Acquired By Army / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Project On Course For Delivery As Scheduled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by bizzibodi(m): 9:33am On May 29, 2020
It is not d propeller of d plane that matter what matter is d stings of d plane...but cnt Nigeria collaborate with Israel to make killer drones.
That bird is $9-18m a piece.yr of manufacture..1999.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Kosoco(m): 9:54am On May 29, 2020
Ask him. Does he even know how many of that weapon he mentioned exists in the world.
marvin906:

shut your mouth..
even the strongest military in Africa doesn't have f15 or 16
your brain can't even ask yourself even if we have the money will the US sell
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by EdmundDantes(m): 10:05am On May 29, 2020
AnonPoet:
Nigeria's A-29 Super Tucano COIN aircraft READY !! https:///TPdmdftODuhttps://twitter.com/DefenseNigeria/status/1266003820959727626?s=19

Na wa. Propeller plane for this modern age. Super Tucano indeed. Well, at all at all na winch...
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Miracle1991: 10:08am On May 29, 2020
Marcus247:
you dont know anything....
you know everything.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by tyup(m): 10:39am On May 29, 2020
marvin906:

it was an error.. I corrected it..
You still deserve to be flogged sad
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Businext: 10:51am On May 29, 2020
Thetruthalways:

On boko haram...you mean there isn't visible difference between GEJ and PMB? Are you for real?... We forget too much in this country

My dear friend, do you have people in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa? If yes ask them how far.
Do you have soldier friends who are serving there? If yes ask them how far.
I've travelled as far as Abuja with one en route Maiduguri, he freely shared his story with us and turned out to be my statesman. Also my friends who school, work and frequent those 3 states will tell you what's up.
I stayed in the north and ran away not out of fear but anger, anger that I'll support reprisal and speak out openly (stubborn like that).
The same way my eldest sister served in Yobe and ran away. I'm not saying GEJ is better, I'm saying there's no difference. The media just kept churning out negative news to disparage GEJ's effort and now most media hide the atrocities in that area to make GMB look like he's making impact. It is in GMB's time that war is spreading to the once peaceful North West in the name of banditry and in his time that Fula boys are trying to penetrate south, West and east through lorries, trucks and buses in the name of covid19, lock down and hardship or whatever is their reason for hiding like stowaways coming south.

#ILoveNigeria
#IAmAPatriot
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by iamKingfisher20: 11:25am On May 29, 2020
Jabioro:
Can this plane dodge RPG bullet? It look like advance helicopter..Can it bend on the air and move sliding ways to confuse the enemy..I don't want hear stories that touch heart..
grin
Jabioro:
Can this plane dodge RPG bullet? It look like advance helicopter..Can it bend on the air and move sliding ways to confuse the enemy..I don't want hear stories that touch heart..
it cannot bend but can jump.indimadu seff

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by obailala(m): 11:26am On May 29, 2020
SultanOfAbia:
Look At The Rusty Plane They Sold Us
Something used to fight Ww2 in 1945
Africa is dumping Ground

Just look at the red circle, The rusty Panel Beating that airplane has receivedshocked
The planes are brand new.

By the way, the tucanos may 'look' like 1945 planes, but they aren't; they were first produced in 2003.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Thetruthalways: 11:34am On May 29, 2020
Businext:

My dear friend, do you have people in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa? If yes ask them how far.
Do you have soldier friends who are serving there? If yes ask them how far.
I've travelled as far as Abuja with one en route Maiduguri, he freely shared his story with us and turned out to be my statesman. Also my friends who school, work and frequent those 3 states will tell you what's up.
I stayed in the north and ran away not out of fear but anger, anger that I'll support reprisal and speak out openly (stubborn like that).
The same way my eldest sister served in Yobe and ran away. I'm not saying GEJ is better, I'm saying there's no difference. The media just kept churning out negative news to disparage GEJ's effort and now most media hide the atrocities in that area to make GMB look like he's making impact. It is in GMB's time that war is spreading to the once peaceful North West in the name of banditry and in his time that Fula boys are trying to penetrate south, West and east through lorries, trucks and buses in the name of covid19, lock down and hardship or whatever is their reason for hiding like stowaways coming south.

#ILoveNigeria
#IAmAPatriot
Even in the Maiduguri and Yobe you mentioned there are lots of difference as bomb blast has reduced drastically, schools opened and commercial activities going on...i can remember vividly how people in some parts of Maiduguri find it very hard to make phone calls as a result their telecommunication mast are down with bombs..
I live in Kano and there were multile bomb blasts then in Mosques, churches, Schools, market, with an attempted bomb blast in a hospital self...all the places i mentioned i can give you the location they all happened...
There were bomb blasts in Abuja, Kaduna and other states apart from the Adamawa, Yobe and the Maiduguri you mentioned... So the difference is visible for everyone to see...
Anything that passed we forget to quickly
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by dfrost: 11:47am On May 29, 2020
Globalbenjamin:
Really disappointing for the Giant of Africa. This ain't quality fighter jets.. This was made in the 90s.. We deserve better

Please when you see a topic on Nairaland or anywhere else, research on it before making a comment. It helps so people won't see as an opposition to the government or otherwise.

There are different fighter aircraft for different purposes. The one in discussion is for counter-insurgency.

And it is still in operation.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by lordm(m): 11:52am On May 29, 2020
ContractKiller:
So the needs of the Brazilian Airforce are the same as the Nigerian Airforce?

Brazil's military is way better than ours. If you want to have a good military, you must learn to produce what you utilize
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by marvin906(m): 12:20pm On May 29, 2020
tyup:

You still deserve to be flogged sad

go drown yourself

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Jabioro: 12:39pm On May 29, 2020
iamKingfisher20:

grin
it cannot bend but can jump.indimadu seff
Una no kill person for advance war plane 2020
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by NGpatriot: 1:23pm On May 29, 2020
superamoled:
People underestimate this fighter plane because it's a propeller plane not knowing that it's a lot more functional and sophisticated than it looks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhazfkVSrDk=48

Description and Quantity or Quantities of Articles or Services under Consideration for Purchase:
Major Defense Equipment (MDE):

One hundred (100) GBU-12 (500lb) Paveway II (PW-II) Tailkits

One hundred (100) GBU-58 (250lb) PW-II Tailkits

Four hundred (400) Laser Guided Rockets including Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS)

Two thousand (2,000) MK-81 (250lb) bombs

Five thousand (5,000) 2.75 inch Hydra 70 Unguided Rockets (70mm rockets)

One thousand (1,000) 2.75 inch Hydra 70 Unguided Rockets (practice)

Twenty thousand (20,000) Rounds, .50 Caliber Machine Gun Ammo

Major Defense Equipment (MDE):

One hundred (100) GBU-12 (500lb) Paveway II (PW-II) Tailkits
One hundred (100) GBU-58 (250lb) PW-II Tailkits

Four hundred (400) Laser Guided Rockets including Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS)

Two thousand (2,000) MK-81 (250lb) bombs

Five thousand (5,000) 2.75 inch Hydra 70 Unguided Rockets (70mm rockets)

One thousand (1,000) 2.75 inch Hydra 70 Unguided Rockets (practice)

Twenty thousand (20,000) Rounds, .50 Caliber Machine Gun Ammo

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/08/28/2017-18201/arms-sales-notification

This aircraft is extremely deadly, the weapons and avionics it deploys many premier fighter jets.

This is what's coming with the Tucanos, the latest and the most advanced weaponry found on the most powerful jests like the F.35.

500 pound GBU-12 Paveway II aerial laser-guided, solid bunker-buster bombs, bad luck for BH in the bunkers.

Below is the F.35 dropping the same 500 pounds GBU-12 Paveway II aerial laser-guided.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by NGpatriot: 1:34pm On May 29, 2020
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/08/28/2017-18201/arms-sales-notification

AN/AAQ-22F Brite Star Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Multi-Sensor Targeting System developed by FLIR. The system is a five field-of-view (FOV) large format thermal imager, three FOV color daylight camera with laser designator for terminal guidance of LGBs and IR-guided rockets. The system is classified as UNCLASSIFIED.

Distributed Aperture System(DAS) AN/AAQ-37 is 6 Electro-Optical sensors that watch a total 570 degrees, overlapping to provide safe 360 degree observation, they are positioned such that no part of the aircraft masks it’s 360 view. DAS provides automatic missile and aircraft detection, tracking & warning and integrates imagery to the HMD.

Each aperture is interlinked to the ICP which runs the software algorithms that generates geo-registered threat reports and imagery which is then forward to either the HMD or Cockpit Display. DAS detects moving targets and has detected ballistic missile launches at 1,300km and detected tanks firing, the processing power of the ICP allows DAS to simultaneously track thousands of objects.

The latest Targeting system and avionics.

Meaning, terrorists and enemies of Nigeria can not run and hide at night, our Tucanos can see, can target, and blow you away day and night from 1,3000km away.

Underestimate this deadly beast at your own risk.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by NGpatriot: 1:46pm On May 29, 2020
This is the official Tucan purchase receipt from the US government, the Federal Register detailing what we paid and what we are getting.

Government to government transaction, no middlemen, no consultants and no mago mago
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by NGpatriot: 1:52pm On May 29, 2020

1. Non-Major Defense Equipment (MDE): This request also includes the following Non-MDE: Twelve (12) A-29 Super Tucano aircraft, seven (7) AN/AAQ-22F Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Sensor and Laser Designators,

2. Initial Spares, Readiness Spares Package,

Consumables,

Support Equipment,

Technical Data, Repair and Return

Facilities infrastructure and hangar construction,

Night Vision Devices (NVDs),

Contract Logistics Services (CLS),

Contractor Provided Familiarization and Training,

USG Manpower and Services, Field Service Representatives,

Training Services (pilot training, USAF training, early A-29 training, flight leader upgrade training,

Travel and living allowance, maintenance training, specialized training, computer-based training, night vision device training, human rights and international humanitarian law, and munitions training),

Training Simulators, Air Worthiness Support,

Forward Operating Base Facilities,

Forward Operating Location Support,

Ferrying, and Non-recurring Engineering.

Additionally, all aircraft will include weapons software to support forward looking infrared sensors (FLIRs), ancillary system.

This is the best part, the support and essential infrastructure.

This is how you go to the market with your eyes open and end up with the best equipment and support system.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by amanikondo: 5:54pm On May 29, 2020
danielconstant:
looks like a 4th generation Bush_plane .... anyway Africa is bushy. wink

#modified... for those linking my typo to politics, seems you lack comprehension or you have decided to be a political slave... I advice you become useful to yourself and your family.... trust me you will be happier.

It is still a killing machine. Check A10 Warthog. It is one of the oldest attack planes in the US inventory and it is still the best even they are 3 decade old.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 29, 2020
Seems you are new in Nigeria or not a Nigerian,people who can map out money for school feeding of children in their parents houses in a country under lockdown,you don't know Nigeria ,
MrBrownJay1:

i guess whoever has enough money to buy million dollar drones, will certainly have pocket money left to buy a decent gen command control...
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by superamoled: 9:52pm On May 29, 2020
litaninja:
Lmao. Would you like to get in a dogfight flying this against a fighter jet?

My thoughts exactly.

We are not at war with U.S. or Russia.
The purpose of this plane is to fight boko haram. Boko haram don't have fighter jets
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by litaninja(m): 9:20am On May 30, 2020
The purpose of the military is to defend the country's sovereignty from threats.
Today it is BH, tomorrow it could be any of the aforementioned. You won't go out to buy gear every time there's a new threat.

superamoled:

We are not at war with U.S. or Russia.
The purpose of this plane is to fight boko haram. Boko haram don't have fighter jets
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Iceberg3: 6:58pm On May 30, 2020
TheFacelessMan:
angry

I once jumped out of a plane (not a jet) without a parachute...

ivartheMENTAL. grin
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Marcus247(m): 4:49pm On Nov 19, 2020
NGpatriot:

lol... This one sounds like a pure villager.
ODE!
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by OPPPS: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2021
Thetruthalways:

Even in the Maiduguri and Yobe you mentioned there are lots of difference as bomb blast has reduced drastically, schools opened and commercial activities going on...i can remember vividly how people in some parts of Maiduguri find it very hard to make phone calls as a result their telecommunication mast are down with bombs..
I live in Kano and there were multile bomb blasts then in Mosques, churches, Schools, market, with an attempted bomb blast in a hospital self...all the places i mentioned i can give you the location they all happened...
There were bomb blasts in Abuja, Kaduna and other states apart from the Adamawa, Yobe and the Maiduguri you mentioned... So the difference is visible for everyone to see...
Anything that passed we forget to quickly
Stop wasting your energy on that guy. Even the blind knows Boko Haram attacks yrs back in 20014/ 2013 have drastically reduced compare to Boko Haram of 2021
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by OPPPS: 10:57am On Aug 15, 2021
litaninja:
The purpose of the military is to defend the country's sovereignty from threats.
Today it is BH, tomorrow it could be any of the aforementioned. You won't go out to buy gear every time there's a new threat.

Local man. Every jet is designed for certain purpose/ mission. You can't use war jet in counter insurgency situation.
Most of you just like to criticize without any prior knowledge
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by litaninja(m): 12:24pm On Aug 15, 2021
Lol. Pele, Air Vice Marshall.
Large expanses of essentially ungoverned land mass, where insurgents have hoisted their flags. Oya, go use boat na.

OPPPS:

Local man. Every jet is designed for certain purpose/ mission. You can't use war jet in counter insurgency situation.
Most of you just like to criticize without any prior knowledge

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem / ‎See The Words of Femi Gbajabiamila that Returned to Hunt Him / Rivers Rerun: Ikwerre Women Sit Down In Front Of INEC Collation Center. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.