Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,287 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures (77797 Views)

First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria / Boko Haram Captures & Destroys Armed Personnel Carrier Newly Acquired By Army / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Project On Course For Delivery As Scheduled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Marcus247(m): 5:07am On May 29, 2020
Fighter jets that are supposed to be in museum that is what this inept govt is spending money on, go and check jet used by other countries...f35 and co......ordinary Apache or black hawk helicopters will take this rubbish off in few sec.....naija remains dumping ground.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Marcus247(m): 5:08am On May 29, 2020
Crackhead25:
Nice one...

At least we see one thing for our money wey F.G dey budget
you r really a crackhead
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Marcus247(m): 5:09am On May 29, 2020
Miracle1991:
God bless Buhari
God bless Nigeria
I know some corrupt elements Will wish that the money would have been shared instead of buying these planes.
Had it been those thieves bought something like this in their 16 wasted yrs,by now we would have moved to another level.
I know some pigs are in pain now.
I cant forget when Abuja was a no go area because of boko haram.
God bless Buhari.
you dont know anything....
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by NGpatriot: 5:11am On May 29, 2020
Thetruthalways:

Oga it was never used during WW2

Are you minding the illiterates?

They try to sound knowledgeable, but the end up sounding ignorant and unexposed.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by NGpatriot: 5:12am On May 29, 2020
Marcus247:
Fighter jets that are supposed to be in museum that is what this inept govt is spending money on, go and check jet used by other countries...f35 and co......ordinary Apache or black hawk helicopters will take this rubbish off in few sec.....naija remains dumping ground.

lol... This one sounds like a pure villager.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by litaninja(m): 5:14am On May 29, 2020
Lmao. Would you like to get in a dogfight flying this against a fighter jet?

My thoughts exactly.

superamoled:
People underestimate this fighter plane because it's a propeller plane not knowing that it's a lot more functional and sophisticated than it looks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhazfkVSrDk=48
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by sulaak(m): 5:25am On May 29, 2020
gidgiddy:
Im not impressed with these planes, looks like the type used in the second world war

So you want to use expensive jet fighters to fight terrorist that don't have an airforce?

In my opinion, the contract is inflated, these kinds of aircrafts can be assembled in Nigeria. I like to understand the role of the DICON (https://dicon.gov.ng/military-products-2/)

Years ago I was researching the development of the Air Beetle trainer that was jointly developed by DICON and West Germany.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by NGpatriot: 5:31am On May 29, 2020

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11623952_444_jpeg1c0b8c9296c5d96970d78a99564f29d5

BAE Systems was awarded a $225 million contract to produce almost 10,000 Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System units for the United States, Nigeria and the Netherlands, the U.S. Department of Defense said in a release.

The $225,034,247 firm-fixed-price delivery order was issued against a 2017 indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract (N00019-17-D-5517) to procure 9,999 Lot 7, full-rate production APKWS II units, the Wednesday, February 6 release said.

Work is expected to be completed in September 2020.

While the release said the procurement is “in support of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and the governments of Nigeria and the Netherlands,” the foreign military sales component of the contract was the full value. “Fiscal 2019 procurement of ammunition (Army, Navy and Marine Corps and Air Force); and Foreign Military Sales funds in the amount of $225,034,247 will be obligated at time of award,” the release said.

APKWS upgrades 2.75-inch (70 mm) rockets to a semi-active laser guided precision weapon. The system is a design conversion for Hydra 70 unguided rockets turning them into low-yield precision-guided munitions to help avoid collateral damage.

Costs for the system appear stable – in June 2018, BAE Systems was awarded a $224 million contract to produce 10,185 Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System guidance units.

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2019/02/07/bae-contract-apkws-rocket-guidance-nigeria-netherlands-225-million/

10,000 Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System to be delivered next year with the Tucanos..

10,000? That's huge.

You can run, but you can not hide from this advanced precision-guided missiles.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by NGpatriot: 5:38am On May 29, 2020
sulaak:

So you want to use expensive jet fighters to fight terrorist that don't have an airforce?

In my opinion, the contract is inflated, these kinds of aircrafts can be assembled in Nigeria. I like to understand the role of the DICON[b][/b] (https://dicon.gov.ng/military-products-2/)

Years ago I was researching the development of the Air Beetle trainer that was jointly developed by DICON and West Germany.

Inflated? Do you know what's included in the whole package? It's actually a great deal.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Saintabey: 6:14am On May 29, 2020
Stop spreading lies.
Where is the Tucano in Nigeria. America is yet to deliver it. Agent of evil news.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by ContractKiller: 6:49am On May 29, 2020
So the needs of the Brazilian Airforce are the same as the Nigerian Airforce?

lordm:
Brazil
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Codes151(m): 6:55am On May 29, 2020
It is not yet delivered. Stop telling us lies.

Stop copying and pasting pictures you hv no idea o
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by adanny01(m): 7:01am On May 29, 2020
Mowoe:
I don't know a thing about fighter jets but I know this one is vintage. See below...

You said you don't know but you still conclude its vintage.

Well, its not a fighter jet, it is a light attack aircraft, it is brand new and made by Brazil.

Google fit help your reasoning sha.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by brain54(m): 7:02am On May 29, 2020
SultanOfAbia:
Look At The Rusty Plane They Sold Us
Something used to fight Ww2 in 1945
Africa is dumping Ground

Just look at the red circle, The rusty Panel Beating that airplane has receivedshocked
hate speech...lie Mohammed dey come for you.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by justuschi50: 7:16am On May 29, 2020
Mowoe:
I don't know a thing about fighter jets but I know this one is vintage. See below...
this is not a fighter, it's is a trainer jet. Trainer jet are use for training fighter pilot to prepare for the real combat, I just can't believe Nigeria is applying this in real combat
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by brain54(m): 7:17am On May 29, 2020
justuschi50:
this is not a fighter, it's is a trainer jet. Trainer jet are use for training fighter pilot to prepare for the real combat, I just can't believe Nigeria is applying this in real combat
that's not true oga
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by justuschi50: 7:20am On May 29, 2020
adanny01:

You said you don't know but you still conclude its vintage.

Well, its not a fighter jet, it is a light attack aircraft, it is brand new and made by Brazil.

Google fit help your reasoning sha.
it's not a fighter oh it's a trainer jet which is use to train fighter pilot imagine Nigeria buying this for real combat. It's speed is 500km/h not even fast, when most fighter jets speed up to 1700km/h, Nigeria eh serious, Yoruba what do u see in this pple that u allow Dem stay in power
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by justuschi50: 7:22am On May 29, 2020
brain54:

that's not true oga
pls check they use it for training and very light attack mission which modern military use this nonsense in heavy combat
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Msadedayo: 7:35am On May 29, 2020
Error
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by sulaak(m): 7:37am On May 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

Inflated? Do you know what's included in the whole package? It's actually a great deal.

$600 million for 12 turboprop aircraft?
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Ola14(m): 7:44am On May 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

10,000 Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System to be delivered next year with the Tucanos..

10,000? That's huge.

You can run, but you can not hide from this advanced precision-guided missiles.

thanks bro for this ....some educated illiterate were saying why not buying F15 fighter jets my response is I can go for 1997 car with spare parts readily available in Nigeria than going for 2019 car that I have to ship back to Europe for repair.... this Jet is like providing rugged Hilux vehicle for Nigeria Police than Lamborghini.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Crackhead25(m): 8:17am On May 29, 2020
Marcus247:
you r really a crackhead
Read and successfully ignored!!
Peace out✌️
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by tyup(m): 8:19am On May 29, 2020
marvin906:

shut your mouth..
even the strongest military in Africa doesn't have f15 or 16
your brain can't even ask yourself even if we have the money will the US sell

Marvin Marvin Marvin

how many times I call you? Bia comport urself o
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by ArcFresky(m): 8:21am On May 29, 2020
Mowoe:

Loo, how much Nigeria get?
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by BonPatrick(m): 8:21am On May 29, 2020
Thank you my brother I was expecting to see this comment somebody that thinks what I was thinking
gidgiddy:
Im not impressed with these planes, looks like the type used in the second world war
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by tyup(m): 8:23am On May 29, 2020
molbic:
so Nigerian airforce no see F-16 or even A -10 warthog buy na this propeller aircraft they used in 1940 world war 2 . our mate Ethiopia just bought advanced Russian S400 air defense system and about 50 newly built sukhoi - 35 and 45 respectively and we are here buying toys I can bet buhari's Left nyash that AK-47 can shoot it down.

Lmao grin

it's really not by look bro...the jet is really packed to inflict casualties on BH that's if they really would use it
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by HITsquad: 8:42am On May 29, 2020
Junior Air Force academy students in Western world use this crap for training!
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Thazard(m): 8:44am On May 29, 2020
OKTolu:
Nice God bless Nigeria God bless our gcfr God bless Nigerian armed forces

We prepare for war in time of peace, so this is a welcome idea
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by marvin906(m): 9:02am On May 29, 2020
tyup:

Marvin Marvin Marvin
how many times I call you? Bia comport urself o

it was an error.. I corrected it..
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by sirp9898(m): 9:03am On May 29, 2020
All this ones na 4 what
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by joe4christ(m): 9:31am On May 29, 2020
superamoled:
People underestimate this fighter plane because it's a propeller plane not knowing that it's a lot more functional and sophisticated than it looks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhazfkVSrDk=48

Okay. After watching this video about the Aircraft. I now have full respect for the warcraft.
Those above saying its WWII Aircraft are saying so out of ignorance. They should watch to clip to educate themselves!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: Ikwerre Women Sit Down In Front Of INEC Collation Center. PICS / ‎See The Words of Femi Gbajabiamila that Returned to Hunt Him / MKO Abiola & Obasanjo In Secondary School (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.