Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,596 members, 7,955,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:07 PM

Coronavirus :As A Parent, Would You Allow Your Kids Return To School? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Coronavirus :As A Parent, Would You Allow Your Kids Return To School? (333 Views)

Disciplinary: Many Reasons A Parent Would Beat A Child Back In The Days. / Parents, Don't Allow Your Kids To Run To Meet You When You Return Home. See Why / "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus :As A Parent, Would You Allow Your Kids Return To School? by trueconscience(m): 8:58pm On May 28, 2020
According to the @NigeriaGov modalities are being put in place to enable schools resume soon but I am so curious, "are parents really going to allow their children/wards return to school in this Coronavirus era in Nigeria?"

Let's even assume that those in "high-class private schools" allow their children, would those whose children attend "pseudo-public" and public schools be willing to take the risk of allowing their children return to classes? Hmmm...

It's very funny and painful what Nigeria has become, you won't be surprised if someone carries the soap home instead of allowing the kids to use them and yes, nothing will happen as a deterrent.

Isn't this the same Nigeria where @PoliceNG entrusted with the responsibility of securing state borders and implementing the curfew have turned the assignment into a lucrative business for extortion and collision with law breakers?

With the right colour of currency,you can break any law in Nigeria. No?We are just not ready yet. For "true parents" don't be fooled by the optics, until a cure /vaccine is available, exposing your beloved kids should not be contemplated.The government (apart from @elrufai which I know)do not have their own kids in public schools and trust me, even those who have their kids in private schools are not thinking of returning their kids to school yet. They'll rather have online classes but is such available to the. " nameless and faceless men on the street?"

"Everything rises and falls on leadership". I rewatched Mandela's "Long Road to Freedom" and a particular statement caught my attention : "it is our responsibility as Leaders to make them agree with our position".

The leader should know the way and be able to take the followers along and to do this, effective and sincere communication is required. When the leader lacks credibility then convincing the followers to take a particular path will be an uphill task...

"You don't say A and do B "as a leader but unfortunately, this seems to be the default settings of Nigerian leaders and until this glaring hypocrisy is removed, our problems will remain...

If the leaders would allow their kids into public schools and let them resume then other parents should do the same but if not, you are definitely on your own. I believe it's time for @NafdacAgency to work with our trado-medical professionals to see what drugs can be created..

Our professors and academics shouldn't fold their hands, we need everyone now. Nigeria needs you and unless this Coronavirus threat is eradicated life will not continue as it has been...

Dear PARENTS, please, keep your children safe..Even if the government is failing to secure and protect the lives of the citizens, do not fail your beloved kids...Ces finis
Re: Coronavirus :As A Parent, Would You Allow Your Kids Return To School? by blackboy(m): 9:04pm On May 28, 2020
Nope. My kids did 2nd term exams and we cam wait till September. Our home teaching is okay.

This government is government for themselves.

I know many are tired of staying home but if corona is as dangerous as they say it is then not when deaths are increasing and cases increasing you want to do what the rest of the world is doing when their death and cases are declining.

Una just want to travel abroad again .

I know by June schools would be allowed to reopen.

All the best
Re: Coronavirus :As A Parent, Would You Allow Your Kids Return To School? by trueconscience(m): 8:51am On May 29, 2020
I just got this lines on what's and they make good sense.

Seriously, Buhari failed for not closing the borders early and for the corrupt policemen and every one who defied directives and got is into this mess, they deserve awards from hell!

Take a look at critical questions:
THE CONCERNED
Questions for teachers
I. How safe am I if schools are opened?
2. Are students books safe to mark?
3. Do I get free medication if I get covid at work
4. Is my family compensated if I die after getting covid at school?
5. Will I get risk allowances when schools opening ?
6. Is it worth to die for 40$ US which is not enough to feed , cloth and shelter my family?
7. Will I be able to teach 6 x 35 minutes periods in a day with a musk
7. I have other health conditions that might affect me in this covid pandemic and am supposed to teach my o level class. How do I go about it?

QUESTIONS FOR SCHOOLS
1. If a student in class shows covid symptoms after lunch during learning . Do we also quarantine the teachers , the whole class or the whole school ( writing classes)?
2. How frequent do we test temperature of teachers and students?
3. If given 1 machine to test temperature . Is it possible to test 20x 4 classes before lessons?
4. Who Will test temperature of the students ? Teachers are not paid for that.
5. Is the teaching and learning going to continue if we run out of sanitizer?
6. If the teacher is in self quarantine, who will take his/her load?

QUESTIONS FOR RESPONSIBLE AUTHORITY
1. Are all schools having enough desk to maintain social distance?
2. Are you able to employ more teachers since the teacher to pupil ratio decreases? How many teachers are need per school in each department per subject?

QUESTIONS FOR PARENTS
1. Is my child not going to bring covid home?
2. How safe is my child if schools open?
3. Is education the first priority than life of your child?

Let's not forget that covid is spread out by air and contact therefore its a contagious disease.
Let's hope for the best and keep praying

Is there hope for Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Earn Every 10-12days With Chy Mall / Kayanmata / #lowwaistpixchallenge; Unusual Fun Outside Norm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.