Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,454 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas (5982 Views)

No Matter The Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas...they Can't Kill Themselves / Sen Ifeanyi Ubah Restores Peace Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos State / BREAKING NEWS: Heavy Fighting Between Igbos And Hausa Ongoing In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by nisai: 2:44pm On May 29, 2020
Sammy07:

Will you keep quiet, where you here in 2011, when the insults were heavy

Nisai is correct.
Most of us were liberals b4 we decide to give them according to their arrogance.

From the first page, go through the thread and see if he's not the first person that derailed this thread.

Amukunmeko Oshi.
Continue with your gentleman.
Bro help me ask her ooo cus ko ye mi. grin

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Balogunodua(m): 2:48pm On May 29, 2020
jimyjames:

My friend, this is not English, France, Germany , Europe etc war, this is Nigerian tribal war and as long as these tribes are concerned what the fought far hasn't been solved the problem is still there and it won't end till its solved

Igbos and their flat-head general Ojucrook and his bia bia army brought war to our door step in Ore.

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Muna4real(f): 2:50pm On May 29, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
we can live like them if we learn to dislike each other with respect.
As for dividing Nigeria, let me ask you, which president will want to divide Nigeria?
In yoruba land, we are not even interested in dividing, we are more interested in building capacity. The north is not interested in dividing either. They want the status quo. The SS don't want to go with the SE. So how can only you guys divide Nigeria? Didn't you try it before? It won't be wise to try it again.

The best is to keep using political means to restructure the country, to avoid blood shed and mass destruction. If we restructure the country up to a point, it would even seem like we are fully independent of each other.

Are you saying that we should keep managing Nigeria when we have a better destiny? So we should keep making managing to avoid blood shed from a useless set of people and delay our progress? Do you know where we all would have gotten to if we were divided in 1966? Do you know the level of progress we would have made? Or are you saying that this Nigeria is better than what we could achieve if we went our separate ways? Abeg we want to stop managing.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by caprini1: 2:52pm On May 29, 2020
Farki:

See that's the problem with people like you, your mind is always twisting like one video vixen. First you say Yorubas hate igbos, yet igbos can come to Yoruba land and buy property peacefully, then you say you want Biafra and independence but you keep moving to the land of your 'enemies'. Please tell me who are the unity beggars in this situation?

Is it confusion or frustration that is preventing you from making up your mind?
Anybody can say what they like,but me o....i wasn't born during the Nigerian civil war,i was born in Lagos ,had 12 years of free education,we go in the morning ,in the evening my dads sales boys go their own.Why should i hate Yoruba?

People be hating on others ,because of hear say.What Alhaji Lateef Jakande did for me ,stays with me forever.... You will only appreciate this if you,ve done audits of money's paid for school fees these days.

You work in Lagos,over populate lagos and keep your own home town like a holiday resort with pretty mansions all over the place ,and visit there once in a while..but stay most your life in Lagos,yet everyday ,its afonja this and that.

We really need to change.Every corper from Yorubaland posted to my home town,lucky ones stay for free in our BQ and gets free food stuffs from my Aunty who takes care of the house.Thats my late Dad,s thank you to Alhaji Lateef Jakande...we really need to be better than what people see us to be.

4 Likes

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Muna4real(f): 2:58pm On May 29, 2020
banku:
For years into my adulthood, I believed in amicable relationship between Igbo and Yoruba in spite of warnings from the days of Akintola.

But realized too late the the respect and love Yoruba had for Igbo was never reciprocal. It was based on what Igbo got in Yoruba land: accommodation and tolerance never accorded in Igbo land.

Indeed Yoruba accommodation and tolerance were turned into dirty words. Some even claimed they would vomit if they hear those words again.

They turned accommodation and tolerance into rights they failed to give anyone, not even to their neighboring Igbo.

They then solidified the rights with fake statistics, ridiculous exaggerations and chest beating. They got so carried away they turned to "developers" not only in Nigeria but outside.

So they claimed Tribalism started when they could not become Western Nigeria Premier!

Imagine? With or without lipstick, a zoo inhabitant is still a monkey.

Stop deceiving yourself and misleading people. I'm sure that you havent been to igbo land. I've never seen a yoruba man who wasn't accorded love and respect in igbo land.
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 29, 2020
nisai:
Ogbeni? Lol. Was that why you get riled and laced your reply with subtle vulgarity? What happened to your omoluabi ethos? Because this your outburst is shocking and typifies a group........... Aunti diedie, haba!

Nitori kini gan na? Abi nkan imi nbe nibe ni. Ao tie le fi enu kan igbo mo.

What did you mean Tinubu's brand of politics?
awon igbo kii se isoro wa
Those who denied Abiola presidency simply because he is yoruba are
I know you know Tinubu's body language is deepening our divide. Calling them okoro openly for godsakes. Trying to impose leadership in markets and areas of Lagos they dominate.
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 29, 2020
Muna4real:

Are you saying that we should keep managing Nigeria when we have a better destiny? So we should keep making managing to avoid blood shed from a useless set of people and delay our progress? Do you know where we all would have gotten to if we were divided in 1966? Do you know the level of progress we would have made? Or are you saying that this Nigeria is better than what we could achieve if we went our separate ways? Abeg we want to stop managing.
is there an African country that has developed like that? Even Gabon and Equitorial Guiene with all there oil.
You think your land will turn to Dubai over night? We as Africa are still in the early stages of development. The west passed through this stage too. Use your votes wisely and watch your immediate vicinity change

3 Likes

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 29, 2020
Sammy07:

Will you keep quiet, where you here in 2011, when the insults were heavy

Nisai is correct.
Most of us were liberals b4 we decide to give them according to their arrogance.

From the first page, go through the thread and see if he's not the first person that derailed this thread.

Amukunmeko Oshi.
Continue with your gentleman.
the insults have never been this heavy Mr. Stop lying to justify a situation you perpetuate.
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Muna4real(f): 3:09pm On May 29, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
Nigeria has only had 5 elected Presidents since civil war. 3 came from north, one from west and one from east. Don't forget the north has the population and has enjoyed your votes too.

On federal projects, you are getting second Niger bridge and many federal roads. There are many fg projects going on in the east, including rivamping of airports and seaports. Both from PDP and APC governments. Remember other regions will also have to get

On appointment, will buhari be there for ever? What about in time past when you guys occupied top positions? So you want to start a potentially fatal war simply because buhari who will be president for 8 years max is not giving appointments to politicians from your side? Is that wise?

I know that this government hasn't been entirely fair to you, but it will not last forever. Don't start a war that will destroy everything you have worked for when you can just wait three more years and close ranks with whoever emerges in 2023

Oga the call for biafra did not start from buhari. The igbos are only using him as an outlet for their anger and lack of faith in Nigeria. And guess what? He offered himself willingly with hate speech which he spoke when he won the election. His body language says it all. All that the igbos are saying is that we have a better future in biafra than in Nigeria. We no do again.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Heavensent01(m): 3:13pm On May 29, 2020
funny enough my past dates 70% are Igbo ladies and my fiance na Igbo, I wonder what the Igbo kids were feed to believe the bogus political manipulation against Yoruba

politics is like jungle and for you to be on top of your game in the jungle, you've to play smart

I have friends in Ebonyi, in fact a Naval officer and we keep in touch till date, my friends are many in anambra, even my landlady at Akaboukwu still keep in touch with me till date, she love Yoruba, according to her Yoruba people stay with her during the time she birth her kids all through in Lagos

post Civil war, southwest never betrayed southeast, even my dad made me to understand Yoruba were full of empathy during the civil war for Southeast. Igbo must have a rethink, step up your game in politics and stop dragging everyone as enemy

it's hypocrisy to hate Buhari for being a Muslim and Northerner and love Atiku who was a Muslim and the same northerner. God sees my heart, I didn't hate Buhari, I only hate his incompetence and his inhumane act

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 29, 2020
Muna4real:

Oga the call for biafra did not start from buhari. The igbos are only using him as an outlet for their anger and lack of faith in Nigeria. And guess what? He offered himself willingly with hate speech which he spoke when he won the election. His body language says it all. All that the igbos are saying is that we have a better future in biafra than in Nigeria. We no do again.
the call for Biafra before buhari was not 10% what you have today.

It shows that before buhari, many igbos were okay with one Nigeria. And I'm telling you to relax. Buhari will be out in three years and hopefully the incoming president will show more maturity
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Muna4real(f): 3:16pm On May 29, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
is there an African country that has developed like that? Even Gabon and Equitorial Guiene with all there oil.
You think your land will turn to Dubai over night? We as Africa are still in the early stages of development. The west passed through this stage too. Use your votes wisely and watch your immediate vicinity change

Yes we believe that our land would have been like heaven by now because we believe more in our selves than the resources. Those countries that you mentioned believed more in their resources than their people and that's why they are like that. Just like Nigeria believes in oil, it will never develop. Take a look at Asian countries and understand what I am taking about.

We igbos always take pride in our intellectuals. We are the most intelligent people on earth and we can produce anything and we believe it. This is the focus of Biafra.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Justiceleague1: 3:18pm On May 29, 2020
omonnakoda:

Ojukwu biko

NYEM AKPU

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Sammy07: 3:22pm On May 29, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
the insults have never been this heavy Mr. Stop lying to justify a situation you perpetuate.

You're free to believe anything you wish.

Before I go, tell me any Yoruba elder that insults Igbos, and I'll show you how many times Nnamdi Kanu insulted Yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 29, 2020
Muna4real:

Yes we believe that our land would have been like heaven by now because we believe more in our selves than the resources. Those countries that you mentioned believed more in their resources than their people and that's why they are like that. Just like Nigeria believes in oil, it will never develop. Take a look at Asian countries and understand what I am taking about.

We igbos always take pride in our intellectuals. We are the most intelligent people on earth and we can produce anything and we believe it. This is the focus of Biafra.
ogbeni produce it in Nigeria until you get the Biafra na. Clean up your cities. How many Nigerian city is as messed up as Aba? Is the fault of buhari too? Build a sustainable igboland with the little you get in order to show you got what it takes.
Don't destroy the little you have achieved with another senseless war. The north and the wicked soldiers will not show empathy if another war breaks out.
A word is enough for the wise. I gotta run now
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Muna4real(f): 3:25pm On May 29, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
the call for Biafra before buhari was not 10% what you have today.

It shows that before buhari, many igbos were okay with one Nigeria. And I'm telling you to relax. Buhari will be out in three years and hopefully the incoming president will show more maturity

Lie. Every igbo believe in biafra no matter what they say. Even the elites. They are just thinking about their properties that's all. Don't you see that anytime Nigeria provokes the igbos, the the biafran issue
Comes up? Do you think that if they don't have biafra in their hearts, they will mention it? "Out of the Abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh "

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by jimyjames(m): 3:26pm On May 29, 2020
Balogunodua:

Igbos and their flat-head general Ojucrook and his bia bia army brought war to our door step in Ore.

Shut up

What were your cornhead afonja soldiers doing in Biafra land ? Was obasanjo, andekule etc all generals that led attacks in Biafra land ?

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by gidgiddy: 3:28pm On May 29, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
this is a lie. The problem with you is short sightedness. You think APC defines the yorubas? I am yoruba but support PDP more. Yes I voted APC in 2015 but I support PDP more. I would have voted Atiku/Obi if I was in Nigeria.

Your shortsightedness doesn't allow you see how our two tribes dominated Nigeria from 1999 to 2007. Do you think that if we work together again that we won't dominate again and correct all the injustices of the north?

The yoruba and Ibo are progressive rivals who should know when to work together

Igbos and Yorubas cannot work together, they dont trust each other. Its never going to happen that the Igbo nation and the Yoruba nation will ever come together to do anything

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 29, 2020
Sammy07:

You're free to believe anything you wish.

Before I go, tell me any Yoruba elder that insults Igbos, and I'll show you how many times Nnamdi Kanu insulted Yorubas.

nnamdi kanu is a secessionist, Tinubu is a potential president of multi ethnic Nigeria! Gosh how can you compare the two if you are not mischievous?
Imagine a potential American president caught on camera calling blacks negroes? Will you be calm? That's hurts. It should...if you had a heart

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Muna4real(f): 3:29pm On May 29, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
ogbeni produce it in Nigeria until you get the Biafra na. Clean up your cities. How many Nigerian city is as messed up as Aba? Is the fault of buhari too? Build a sustainable igboland with the little you get in order to show you got what it takes.
Don't destroy the little you have achieved with another senseless war. The north and the wicked soldiers will not show empathy if another war breaks out.
A word is enough for the wise. I gotta run now

Lol. The same aba that has produced so many igbo millionaires? The igbos will take care of aba. It is not your business.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 29, 2020
Muna4real:

Lie. Every igbo believe in biafra no matter what they say. Even the elites. They are just thinking about their properties that's all. Don't you see that anytime Nigeria provokes the igbos, the the biafran issue
Comes up? Do you think that if they don't have biafra in their hearts, they will mention it? "Out of the Abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh "

so you realise what you stand to lose? Again I will advise you to wait out buhari. Don't throw away your progress because of a frail old man. Nigeria can work if we get states to take on more responsibility and reduce the power of fg

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 29, 2020
Muna4real:

Lol. The same aba that has produced so many igbo millionaires? The igbos will take care of aba. It is not your business.
take care of it first

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Sammy07: 3:34pm On May 29, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
nnamdi kanu is a secessionist, Tinubu is a potential president of multi ethnic Nigeria! Gosh how can you compare the two if you are not mischievous?
Imagine a potential American president caught on camera calling blacks negroes? Will you be calm? That's hurts. It should...if you had a heart

What concerns me with Tinubu
I'm I from Lagos state?
I'm only Pro Yoruba, I can't allow some animals to drag and insult my tribe.

You said how can I be comparing the two (Kanu and Yoruba elders).

Before we got independence, did you see any of the Nigeria nationalist insulting, hating the British and like kanu is doing

Answer me?

Do u see them hating on another tribe b4 then

It never occurred to your brain, that those he's insulting and hating are the ones that will include secession into the constitution.
Before you argue of this, ⅔ of state house of assemblies, federal house of assemblies and sebates are the one to support or oppose to the secessional cause.

Probably, you married an Igbo guy

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by jimyjames(m): 3:35pm On May 29, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
Nigeria has only had 5 elected Presidents since civil war. 3 came from north, one from west and one from east. Don't forget the north has the population and has enjoyed your votes too.

On federal projects, you are getting second Niger bridge and many federal roads. There are many fg projects going on in the east, including rivamping of airports and seaports. Both from PDP and APC governments. Remember other regions will also have to get

On appointment, will buhari be there for ever? What about in time past when you guys occupied top positions? So you want to start a potentially fatal war simply because buhari who will be president for 8 years max is not giving appointments to politicians from your side? Is that wise?

I know that this government hasn't been entirely fair to you, but it will not last forever. Don't start a war that will destroy everything you have worked for when you can just wait three more years and close ranks with whoever emerges in 2023

Its not about buhari , we simply want to control our own resources and develop according to our own resources, we don't want someone to dictate to us what to do or don't do, Nigeria is too divided amongst ethnic lines to live together as one .

Nigerian politics is f*ck up

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Muna4real(f): 3:37pm On May 29, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
take care of it first

It is not your business ohhhhh. Busy body
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by jimyjames(m): 3:38pm On May 29, 2020
fhranchez:
yes there's hausa-fulani, kanuri-fulani, yoruba-fulani etc, but there will never be anything like Igbo-fulani.

You and your ilks should be warned

Hahaha very good, but we are everywhere dominating everywhere we go .
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Muna4real(f): 3:45pm On May 29, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
so you realise what you stand to lose? Again I will advise you to wait out buhari. Don't throw away your progress because of a frail old man. Nigeria can work if we get states to take on more responsibility and reduce the power of fg

Is it your properties that will be lost? You told you that a better man will succeed buhari? Even if Nigeria will finally develop, I see more marginalization and problems for the igbos. It will be doubled. By that time, the fulanis will pursue us out of own lands in broad daylight with immunity. They way they will suck our oil Wells dry Ehh. Ah this one that Nigeria is poor and undeveloped ,igbos are treated like this, hmm. I pray that biafra will be actualised before that time comes. Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by banku: 3:50pm On May 29, 2020
Muna4real:

Stop deceiving yourself and misleading people. I'm sure that you havent been to igbo land. I've never seen a yoruba man who wasn't accorded love and respect in igbo land.

You know deep inside you who is a liar. Anyway, one Igbo brother said if you want Yoruba to love you, shout Separation or Biafra. Is that still true?

If you had said this in early sixties in Lagos, there were people that would be willing to believe you but if you do not know that you just gave a fat lie with the Op: who is fooling who?

I have never been to the East? May be since you were born. I always hear you guys brag about Altine the Hausa community leader promoted to mayor posthumously. That is after his household was burnt.

But if you really believe what you wrote, it might be too late. No more Akara for you in Yoruba land if that is your only rule of engagement.

I even think the relationship between Yoruba men and Igbo ladies will wither. It took a long time to get here because you were under the spell and control of Igbo men. Like Yoruba ladies that told Yoruba men to pocket their control, Igbo ladies have come a long way baby.
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Balogunodua(m): 4:26pm On May 29, 2020
jimyjames:

Shut up

What were your cornhead afonja soldiers doing in Biafra land ? Was obasanjo, andekule etc all generals that led attacks in Biafra land ?
Sharap osu

Ojucrook and his mosquitoes army attacked ore before Yoruba generals led Nigeria army to attack biafra, so stop lying.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by jimyjames(m): 4:31pm On May 29, 2020
Balogunodua:

Sharap osu

Ojucrook and his mosquitoes army attacked ore before Yoruba generals led Nigeria army to attack biafra, so stop lying.

I'm shocked at your ignorance, pls read more

Don't mention me like an illiterate again

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Balogunodua(m): 4:55pm On May 29, 2020
jimyjames:

I'm shocked at your ignorance, pls read more

Don't mention me like an illiterate again
You are the real illiterate here Osu.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by jimyjames(m): 4:58pm On May 29, 2020
Balogunodua:

You are the real illiterate here Osu.

Afonja , read more about the civil war, stop disgracing awolowo and his free education.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet The First Drug Baron In Nigeria (pics) / Where Is Reno Omokri From And Why Doesn't He Talk About His Place. / FEC Approves ₦75.78 Billion Contracts For FCT, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.