Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas (6037 Views)

No Matter The Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas...they Can't Kill Themselves / Sen Ifeanyi Ubah Restores Peace Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos State / BREAKING NEWS: Heavy Fighting Between Igbos And Hausa Ongoing In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Jakemedg(m): 7:12pm On May 29, 2020
tatatar:
Nairaland provides the anonymity to say what's really on your mind.
Who would ever think in real life that I'll be typing those things on a forum grin
As long as such exists,you can never be too sure bro.A lot of Tutsis were massacred by Hutsis whom they had as friends, acquaintances,church members etc.Who ate,partied,and laughed with them.
LOL bro the 1990s Hutsis/Tutsis situation can't happen in Nigeria because of many reasons
One is that Nigeria is a multi complex society,multi ethnic and multi religious society. The political class/elites across Nigeria won't allow such happen
Another is that the wealthy men won't risk any war that will affect their businesses

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Jakemedg(m): 7:34pm On May 29, 2020
jimyjames:

My friend, this is not English, France, Germany , Europe etc war, this is Nigerian tribal war and as long as these tribes are concerned what the fought far hasn't been solved the problem is still there and it won't end till its solved
Just in case you don't know some igbos have forgotten that war and moved forward
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by delpee(f): 8:22pm On May 29, 2020
BlowYourMind:
I was swindled at Alaba international market on Wednesday by some Igbo traders with their language, it was evil conspiracy.

Same way they'll swindle their own people and the same way you can be swindled by Yorubas elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by BlowYourMind: 9:21pm On May 29, 2020
delpee:

Same way they'll swindle their own people and the same way you can be swindled by Yorubas elsewhere.
I don't think yorubas can be so united in crime to that extend, even the cripple one.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Yebosola(m): 9:40pm On May 29, 2020
Gazzy88:
You're right óò which is why the governor of Lagos state is Emeka okorocha, àbí? grin

grin grin grin U no go kill person

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Yebosola(m): 9:43pm On May 29, 2020
Gazzy88:
Define jealousy for us. You troop to our land not with the capital to invest but to hustle for ends meet which we've enabled for anybody. Now that you've made it, you're now telling us how superior you are to us after accepting your asses. The question is;What's there to jealous about in you? Is it your illegal ways of life all in a bid to "make" it? Is it your stereotypical way of life that anybody besides your tribe is your enemy while you're trooping to their lands daily? Can you name any ibo man dead or living that purely brought money to invest in Lagos or anywhere in Yoruba land without which he made those money in Lagos or Yoruba land?

So what's the jealousy all about? Your pain is that God has put your daily survival in your perceived enemy's domain which you can do nothing about. Someone said, "take Lagos away from an average igbo man and he's nothing". If we hate you, we wouldn't have allowed you into our land. You're the ungrateful fellows, from an unstructured culture that permits a son to beat his parents the way he want. Mend your ways and we shall stop hating you but anything lesser, you've just started.

Gbam! Gbamer!! Gbamest!!! EOD

3 Likes

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by majamajic(m): 10:00pm On May 29, 2020
Am here waiting for a Yoruba guy in the east to complain , but non

There are lot of Yorubas in the east especially enugu city and onitsha

They are good in tailoring and tile flooring
They live peacefully in the east , I see them , touch a yoruba person in the east , na your fellow igbos go dey fight u ,
And they are making their money
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by oyatz(m): 1:05am On May 30, 2020
You are on your own in this hatred o

No wonder, you are looking 20 years older than your real age.

The Igbos in my grandma's village are gradually assimilating into the Yoruba tribe.
Many of them even speak our dialect of the Yoruba language more than me. They don't even know what is IPOB.

jimyjames:
Yorubas joined their northern master to fight us Igbo's for 3 years in a civil war, that alone is enough for Igbo's to hate the Yoruba's forever.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Yujin(m): 4:23am On May 30, 2020
Let no Igbo be deceived by threads like this. Anyone who supports and even aids the injustice done to you is an enemy. It doesn't matter if he later apologises with his words but keeps mum on redressing the situation. There's something called restitution and it is applied when possible and if sincere reconciliation is desired. Hypocrites will always be hypocrites so you must watch out for them.
These vermins wish you all dead from both their words and actions. You must bear this in mind. The only time this sort of threads should be entertained is when you've been severed from any union where they can have a say or hand in the control of your affairs.
That said, in every tribe there are good people. Relate well with these good ones and respect them. Reciprocate whatever is brought your way. Don't be deceived by attractive patterns of a spider's web else you'll be the dinner on the well designed abbatoir.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Yujin(m): 4:33am On May 30, 2020
Jakemedg:
Just in case you don't know some igbos have forgotten that war and moved forward
Any Igbo who has forgotten that war is foolish. Soon you guys will him down the same road you did his relatives like you did in the sixties. Jews still remember the slaughter of their people as far back as 40s. Even the Chinese do the same for the Nanking massacre in the 30s. Memorials are held yearly.
I'm at present burning a candle in remembrance of our people slaughtered senselessly during Biafran war. We shall never forget. Restoring Biafra for the safety and welfare of our people is the only option now.
## We Remember Biafran Heroes ##
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by omonnakoda: 4:40am On May 30, 2020
TripleOh7:

Oh, hello there, unity beggar. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Afraid to go home?

Why?
to what
Hunger and red soil?

They are bitter over the civil war A frustrated impotent anger.

Before he died Nnamdi Kanu whipped up a frenzy of Biafra agitation so they are due for a Top up chastisement only this time we will not be as nice as we were in1970

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Yujin(m): 4:46am On May 30, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
do you know how many English people that died in the hands of the French and vice versa during several Anglo/french wars? Do you see france and England forming enemy?

Do you know how many English people that America killed during the American Revolution? Who is more friendly than these two countries now?

What about Germany Vs Europe during the first and second world wars?

You must move past 1967 and realise that the current generation of Ibos and Yorubas have a large room for corporation
This is very much possible only when Biafra emerges. The time Igbos control their land and resources without the input of Yorubas then we may become the best of friends but never now.
USA and Vietnam comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Yujin(m): 4:48am On May 30, 2020
omonnakoda:
to what
Hunger and red soil?

Before he died Nnamdi Kanu whipped up a frenzy of Biafra agitation so they are due for a Top up chastisement only this time we will not be as nice as we were in1970
Lol. If only it was a citizen of Oduduwa republic boasting like this. Anyway time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by LegendHero(m): 5:41am On May 30, 2020
Yujin:
Let no Igbo be deceived by threads like this. Anyone who supports and even aids the injustice done to you is an enemy. It doesn't matter if he later apologises with his words but keeps mum on redressing the situation. There's something called restitution and it is applied when possible and if sincere reconciliation is desired. Hypocrites will always be hypocrites so you must watch out for them.
These vermins wish you all dead from both their words and actions. You must bear this in mind. The only time this sort of threads should be entertained is when you've been severed from any union where they can have a say or hand in the control of your affairs.
That said, in every tribe there are good people. Relate well with these good ones and respect them. Reciprocate whatever is brought your way. Don't be deceived by attractive patterns of a spider's web else you'll be the dinner on the well designed abbatoir.

Igbo man and victim mentality.

When did the Yorubas do any wrong to your ancestors? Biafran war? You mean your soldiers never killed any Yoruba soldiers during the war? Should we also forget them?

If you’re looking for apology, you can go to HELL because Yorubas owe you guys no apology now or forever.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Jakemedg(m): 6:16am On May 30, 2020
BlowYourMind:
I don't think yorubas can be so united in crime to that extend, even the cripple one.
As far as they're humans they can do the same to anybody
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Jakemedg(m): 6:24am On May 30, 2020
oyatz:

The Igbos in my grandma's village are gradually assimilating into the Yoruba tribe.
Many of them even speak our dialect of the Yoruba language more than me. They don't even know what is IPOB.

Same here in the North there are Igbos who were born in the north who can speak hausa language fluently but can't their mother tongue.The only way you will know they're igbos is through their names
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Cherez: 6:53am On May 30, 2020
jimyjames:

Still it doesn't change the fact that afonjas are our enemies .
Weeee you kip kwayet?
Is your head paining you abi na your brain?
Truly the OP has a point but I insist the social media banters should be curbed.
Personally, I have nothing against the Yorubas and even the shit some of my brother's say about Baba Awo suggesting starvation, I see nothing wrong with it as it was a war & Nigeria was also loosing heavily and needed a way to stop the war and used the closest resource to them; starvation; We all could have done same.
For me, I LOVE THE YORUBAS wellaaaaaaaaaaa
Was deeply in love with one but the papa no want Igbo shaaaaa, so I moved & the girl never married till date.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Nobody: 7:05am On May 30, 2020
omonnakoda:
to what
Hunger and red soil?

cheesy cheesy
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Peroh426: 7:46am On May 30, 2020
jimyjames:

Boycott which region? A region we are buying with our hard earned money?
You are an imposter
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by jimyjames(m): 8:18am On May 30, 2020
Balogunodua:

You are the one who is confused here Ipob illitrate, now show me where i said Adekunle fought at Ore? Osu apku chewing jew.

You are an illiterate, you said Yoruba's attacked Biafra only when Biafra crossed to Yoruba land at ore , my friend thousands of Yoruba's were recruited in that war , plus Yoruba commanders which I gave example of adekunle and obasanjo.

You are dull

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by jimyjames(m): 8:19am On May 30, 2020
Peroh426:

You are an imposter

Really

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by jimyjames(m): 8:21am On May 30, 2020
Cherez:

Weeee you kip kwayet?
Is your head paining you abi na your brain?
Truly the OP has a point but I insist the social media banters should be curbed.
Personally, I have nothing against the Yorubas and even the shit some of my brother's say about Baba Awo suggesting starvation, I see nothing wrong with it as it was a war & Nigeria was also loosing heavily and needed a way to stop the war and used the closest resource to them; starvation; We all could have done same.
For me, I LOVE THE YORUBAS wellaaaaaaaaaaa
Was deeply in love with one but the papa no want Igbo shaaaaa, so I moved & the girl never married till date.

Those of you born in Lagos are not different from Yoruba's
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by jimyjames(m): 8:23am On May 30, 2020
oyatz:

They will know when the time comes, Yoruba's are evil
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by jimyjames(m): 8:24am On May 30, 2020
Jakemedg:

Only the foolish ones born outside Igbo land
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by jimyjames(m): 8:26am On May 30, 2020
adekolaelect:
point of correction Afonja is not your enemy but your master as you are the slaves accommodated by Yoruba's.

We are accommodating you in your own lands cause you sold almost all your fathers lands to us
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Balogunodua(m): 8:37am On May 30, 2020
jimyjames:

You are an illiterate, you said Yoruba's attacked Biafra only when Biafra crossed to Yoruba land at ore , my friend thousands of Yoruba's were recruited in that war , plus Yoruba commanders which I gave example of adekunle and obasanjo.

You are dull
Who led the first invasion of biafra? Before thunder fire you know that the recruitment of yoruba soldiers started after biaforu army attacked Ore, and biafra army attacked Ore before adekunle or obasanjo took path in the war, and know that a yoruba man fought alongside biafra, but was later betrayed by same biafra.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Nobody: 8:56am On May 30, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
do you know how many English people that died in the hands of the French and vice versa during several Anglo/french wars? Do you see france and England forming enemy?

Do you know how many English people that America killed during the American Revolution? Who is more friendly than these two countries now?

What about Germany Vs Europe during the first and second world wars?

You must move past 1967 and realise that the current generation of Ibos and Yorubas have a large room for corporation

I would love to know u, miss
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by jimyjames(m): 8:57am On May 30, 2020
Balogunodua:

Who led the first invasion of biafra? Before thunder fire you know that the recruitment of yoruba soldiers started after biaforu army attacked Ore, and biafra army attacked Ore before adekunle or obasanjo took path in the war, and know that a yoruba man fought alongside biafra, but was later betrayed by same biafra.

grin your ignorance is shocking, so Yoruba's were recruited in the Nigerian army only when Biafran crossed into ore ? You are so dull, ojukwu sent banjo a Yoruba man fighting under Biafra to cross into ore to distract the Nigerian soldiers from attacking Enugu cause at the point Nigerian soldiers were already at nsukka , adekule and obasanjo were already heading different battalions stationed in different Biafran lands before the attack in ore , plus the capital of Nigeria was Lagos the fight was going towards the Nigerian capital not towards north, thousands of Yoruba soldiers were already on the battle field.
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by ThatFairGuy: 8:58am On May 30, 2020
If there's any from the Igbos, Nnamdi Kanu is the one breezing the fire. He needs to be tame for his porous mouth
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by adekolaelect(m): 9:35am On May 30, 2020
jimyjames:

We are accommodating you in your own lands cause you sold almost all your fathers lands to us
chest beating as usual
Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by jimyjames(m): 10:37am On May 30, 2020
adekolaelect:
chest beating as usual

Re: There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas by Balogunodua(m): 2:20pm On May 30, 2020
jimyjames:

grin your ignorance is shocking, so Yoruba's were recruited in the Nigerian army only when Biafran crossed into ore ? You are so dull, ojukwu sent banjo a Yoruba man fighting under Biafra to cross into ore to distract the Nigerian soldiers from attacking Enugu cause at the point Nigerian soldiers were already at nsukka , adekule and obasanjo were already heading different battalions stationed in different Biafran lands before the attack in ore , plus the capital of Nigeria was Lagos the fight was going towards the Nigerian capital not towards north, thousands of Yoruba soldiers were already on the battle field.
Thousand my foot, lies from ipob news.com

The first invasion of biafra was led by northern officers and soldiers, it was after the invasion of midwest that adekunle led the Lagos garrison 3rd infantry divisoin which was letter renamed to 3rd marine commado which is made up of mostly yorubas and other midwest soldiers against biafra army

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria / Breaking! 19 Yr Old Lady Stoned To Death! / Bye-Elections: APC Pegs Senatorial Forms At N20m, Reps N10m, State Assembly N2m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.