Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor (34162 Views)

Enugu Appoints Prof. Nnabugwu Okolie As ESUT's New Vice-Chancellor / UNIPORT VC, Prof. Georgewill To Deliver Keynote Address At 2021 Igberetv Awards / Buhari Appoints Prof Wushishi As NECO Registrar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by fergie001: 12:07pm On Jun 01, 2020
senatordave1:

I mean it won't make him vc but will sha sway opinions.

Concerning 2023,it is key that amaechi get controls of uniport because half of lecturers that work during rivers polls are from uniport and installing a pliant vc is a very big step in taking rivers...sometimes,its not just about controlling the instrument of violence but controlling those that prepare the results.
As an APC member, its not uncommon that you need Amaechi to control things.

A PDP member will oppose you on that anyways.
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by Nackzy: 12:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

Uniport will miss Lale

My love for that man is limitless
if you miss Lale then what will you say abt Ajeinka, Briggs
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by senatordave1(m): 12:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
fergie001:

As an APC member, its not uncommon that you need Amaechi to control things.

A PDP member will oppose you on that anyways.

You see.you are now understanding me.that reminds me,most unical VCS are usually affiliated to pdp.infact,profs ndiyo,celestine bassey and offiong offiong are staunch pdp people.prof osim who was supposed to be vc instead of spoke lost it because he was nonpartisan
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by senatordave1(m): 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
Nackzy:
if you miss Lale then what will you say abt Ajeinka, Briggs

He only tried to reduce the spate of cultism.apart from that,he is a disaster
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by George2164(m): 12:23pm On Jun 01, 2020
What's His academic portfolio like.. He looks young ND vibrant..
More wins to the youths.
Las Las Education no be scam
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by Ogagawhite(f): 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2020
Congrats young
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by princejayy(m): 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2020
It was expected
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by Osaro4u2k(m): 12:29pm On Jun 01, 2020
I recently saw a Uniport SUG government publications on Ogoni rant page on Facebook that Lale remains the authentic VC till his tenure expires in July. In the publication the student apex body categorically stated that prof Owunari paid some Media influencers to announce him the 9th Uniport online VC. Who can confirm if all said by the student Union government of uniport is true or false? And if truly Owunari has been confirmed Uniport authentic VC. E get why?
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by fergie001: 12:31pm On Jun 01, 2020
senatordave1:

You see.you are now understanding me.that reminds me,most unical VCS are usually affiliated to pdp.infact,profs ndiyo,celestine bassey and offiong offiong are staunch pdp people.prof osim who was supposed to be vc instead of spoke lost it because he was nonpartisan
It is strictly politics now.....especially after INEC empowered VCs of Federal Universities to do the needful, especially during elections.
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by fergie001: 12:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
Osaro4u2k:
I recently saw a Uniport SUG government publications on Ogoni rant page on Facebook that Lale remains the authentic VC till his tenure expires in July. In the publication the student apex body categorically stated that prof Owunari paid some Media influencers to announce him the 9th Uniport online VC. Who can confirm if all said by the student Union government of uniport is true or false? And if truly Owunari has been confirmed Uniport authentic VC. E get why?
Na the matter we still dey settle laidis ooooo.
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by senatordave1(m): 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2020
fergie001:

It is strictly politics now.....especially after INEC empowered VCs of Federal Universities to do the needful, especially during elections.

That of unical will be tougher than I thought.so many top profs.but based on seniority and qualifications prof celestine bassey should take it or prof Stella attoe though I know offiong offiong will fight to the last.
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by Agugbadin: 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
Unfortunately no OP presented the Vc's track record, this is a poor way of introducing a new VC. Can someone please introduce the VC properly don't tell us about his town or LGA of origin,tell us about his academic achievement, his contributions to knowledge and leadership.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by fergie001: 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2020
senatordave1:

That of unical will be tougher than I thought.so many top profs.but based on seniority and qualifications prof celestine bassey should take it or prof Stella attoe though I know offiong offiong will fight to the last.
Seniority has nothing to do with who has more connection.

These politicians will do and undo if you are their person.

What you are saying isn't what am even saying. I have been telling my main guy from Etiono why some Univs will be pushing VC amongst LGs from that State......whilst our own na for everybody.
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by fergie001: 12:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
Agugbadin:
Unfortunately no OP presented the Vc's track record, this is a poor way of introducing a new VC. Can someone please introduce the VC properly don't tell us about his town or LGA of origin,tell us about his academic achievement, his contributions to knowledge and leadership.
My bro..his been VC is still been neither here nor there.

I just know he is a Professor of PharmCO.
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by ibksiv(m): 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
samchem:
Uniport new vc looking flamboyant in new pics

Professor Georgewill Owunari from Abonnema in kalabari LG of Rivers State becomes the 9th vice chancellor of the prestigious citadal of learning

You better edit this nonsense you posted here. Which one is kalabari lga. Kalabari is a subethnic group comprised of various communities and lga's. Abonnema is a community in kalabari and is the head quarters of akuku toru lga.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by ibksiv(m): 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

Uniport will miss Lale

Na only you go miss am
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
DenreleDave:

I think so
and is that a good thing to say to someone
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by marketsky: 1:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
Computerized earthly TV is gotten by means of an elevated and set-top box. Pakistan real estate At first the framework will offer around 15 channels and will be accessible in about 70% of the nation. Computerized satellite TV will expand on the ongoing development in digital TV right now. Link is as of now accessible to about half of homes albeit just 20% of all out homes are really associated. This administration will offer a comparative number and determination of stations contrasted with satellite albeit full subtleties are not yet clear.
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by JOYOSITA(f): 1:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
Passionate888:
are you a student of Uniport?
last year.
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by PoliticallyInco: 2:01pm On Jun 01, 2020
samchem:
Uniport new vc looking flamboyant in new pics

Professor Georgewill Owunari from Abonnema in kalabari LG of Rivers State becomes the 9th vice chancellor of the prestigious citadal of learning

This is strange news.

I thought the current VC had up until July 2020?

The news needs to be independently verified.
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by Papertrails(m): 2:06pm On Jun 01, 2020
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

Uniport will miss Lale

Hahaha.....
That name scares me to d bone just as the name mufasa scares the hell outa those Hainas in lion king.... grin
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by Mires: 2:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
senatordave1:

I heard prof nimi Briggs and amaechi made him the vc.he belongs to amaechi camp while his opponent onuchukwu an ikwerre belongs to wike and lale's camp.

If actually he belongs to amaechi camp,it is a big step in capturing rivers in 2023

How does being a VC of Uniport gives way for Rivers State to be captured by Amaechi's camp come 2023?
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by senatordave1(m): 2:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
Mires:

How does being a VC of Uniport gives way for Rivers State to be captured by Amaechi's camp come 2023?

Most of the adhoc staffs that will come from uniport will be recommended by the vc
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by noobsaibot2(m): 2:29pm On Jun 01, 2020
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

WAKA

Uniport will miss Lale

Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by noobsaibot2(m): 2:29pm On Jun 01, 2020
WAKA

SILVERLINES:
cheesy

M

Uniport will miss Lale

Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by senatordave1(m): 2:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
Kinematics,seanfer,otoxx come and say something
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by Mires: 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2020
fergie001:

You no know......who no wan be VC!?

UI's own is the one am following closely, cos that one is usually academic and technical..there is little external influence can do to it. All the fights na for inside cheesy

Not all professors are politicians. There are professors, better still, academics that are contented with their positions. I have seen a number of Professors in Ui who were recommended for ministerial and political appointments, they decline. One of such is Emeritus Professor Oyejide of the School of Economics. Some have even turned down Headship and Deanship and asked younger Professors who are interested to take over in that regards.

As for Ui VC succession, the tradition most often times is one of the DVCs sponsored by outgoing VCs. Observers are not expecting anything less. What observers are keenly watching is if the exit of Prof. Abel Olayinka would usher in a moslem VC in Ui for the first time. I doubt.
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by Mires: 2:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
senatordave1:

Most of the adhoc staffs that will come from uniport will be recommended by the vc

Until you understand that Wike is not a arm chair politician, your argument doesn't hold water. For your record, returning officer can't be from University of Port Harcourt. That's if INEC chairman decides to continue with Prof. Jega's template.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by Bestvicky16(f): 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
Congratulations Prof. and to my kalabari people at least admission go too sure for una.
I have graduated from Uniport since 2009 but I've not collected my original certificate. Right now I'm not anywhere close to Portharcourt but I have families there. Can anybody help me with the procedures to get my cert?
Can I send someone to help me get it?

1 Like

Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by otokx(m): 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
senatordave1:
Kinematics,seanfer,otoxx come and say something

This news is false, we have reported to the mods but its unfortunate that they have not done anything about it.
Re: Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor by senatordave1(m): 3:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
otokx:

This news is false, we have reported to the mods but its unfortunate that they have not done anything about it.

I thought as much.though I support owunari,his supporters should calm down and go to abuja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Angela Sughnen Who Got Expelled In 400 Level For Exam Misconduct, Bags 1st Class / Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled / SCIENTISTS BAFFLED BY MYSTERIOUS SHIELD PROTECTING EARTH FROM BEING OBLITERATED.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.