Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,582 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

My Confusion About The Claims of Islam - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Confusion About The Claims of Islam (4642 Views)

My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. / Pls Clear My Confusion If You Are Sound In Bible Knowledge / Some Of The Claims That Knowledgeable Muslims No Longer Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by MightySparrow: 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2020
haekymbahd:
I think you should ask yahwe this question

Deutronomy 18:18
18 I will raise up for them a prophet (Prophet) from among their brethren like you, and will put My words in his mouth; and he shall speak to them all that I command him.

Note the word "them" and "their"
Lie, soon you will say like your people that Mohammed(SAW) is a spirit. All the scriptures you Muslims qoute from the Bible have nothing to do with Mohammed(SAW) or islam. did Mohammed (SAW) say this in your Qur'an?

2 Likes

Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by haekymbahd(m): 7:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
MightySparrow:
Lie, soon you will say like your people that Mohammed(SAW) is a spirit. All the scriptures you Muslims qoute from the Bible have nothing to do with Mohammed(SAW) or islam. did Mohammed (SAW) say this in your Qur'an?
There is no other God except Allah

"And when a messenger from Allah came to them confirming that which was with them, a party of those who had been given the Scripture threw the Scripture of Allah behind their backs as if they did not know [what it contained]."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 101)

"O mankind, fear your Lord and fear a Day when no father will avail his son, nor will a son avail his father at all. Indeed, the promise of Allah is truth, so let not the worldly life delude you and be not deceived about Allah by the Deceiver."
(QS. Luqman 31: Verse 33)

"And when our verses are recited to him, he turns away arrogantly as if he had not heard them, as if there was in his ears deafness. So give him tidings of a painful punishment."
(QS. Luqman 31: Verse 7)

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com

So who was that verse referring to Jesus?

Didnt you see the word "among their brethren" who were they? Isrealites and ishmaelites

You christians are the liars by saying that it is Jesus when Jesus was an isrealite( a Jew) pretending as if the comming of muhammad was not prophecied.

"I will raise up for them a prophet" Was Jesus a prophet or God?

"and will put My words in his mouth"Did God put word in Jesus mouth or muhammad? Quran the word of God.

"he shall speak to them all that I command him" Bismillahi Rahman Raheem (In the name of of Allah the most beneficient, the merciful)

"And if you asked them, Who created the heavens and earth? they would surely say, Allah. Say, [All] praise is [due] to Allah ; but most of them do not know."
(QS. Luqman 31: Verse 25)

Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by haekymbahd(m): 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2020
[quote author=MightySparrow post=92493630] Lie, soon you will say like your people that Mohammed(SAW) is a spirit [quote]

Tell which denomination has the true holy spirit (Catholic, Jehova witness, white garment churches e.t.c why are Most top pastors filled with holy spirits making false and contradictory prophecy about corona virus and still all of them claiming holy spirit) how are you sure you are oprating with the right holy spirit?

Allah says:
"Say, Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel - it is [none but] he who has brought the Qur'an down upon your heart, [O Muhammad], by permission of Allah, confirming that which was before it and as guidance and good tidings for the believers."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 97)

"Say, [O Muhammad], I am only a warner, and there is not any deity except Allah, the One, the Prevailing."
(QS. Saad 38: Verse 65)

Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by MightySparrow: 9:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
haekymbahd:
There is no other God except Allah

"And when a messenger from Allah came to them confirming that which was with them, a party of those who had been given the Scripture threw the Scripture of Allah behind their backs as if they did not know [what it contained]."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 101)

"O mankind, fear your Lord and fear a Day when no father will avail his son, nor will a son avail his father at all. Indeed, the promise of Allah is truth, so let not the worldly life delude you and be not deceived about Allah by the Deceiver."
(QS. Luqman 31: Verse 33)

"And when our verses are recited to him, he turns away arrogantly as if he had not heard them, as if there was in his ears deafness. So give him tidings of a painful punishment."
(QS. Luqman 31: Verse 7)

So who was that verse referring to Jesus?

Didnt you see the word "among their brethren" who were they? Isrealites and ishmaelites

You christians are the liars by saying that it is Jesus when Jesus was an isrealite( a Jew) pretending as if the comming of muhammad was not prophecied.

"I will raise up for them a prophet" Was Jesus a prophet or God?

"and will put My words in his mouth"Did God put word in Jesus mouth or muhammad? Quran the word of God.

"he shall speak to them all that I command him" Bismillahi Rahman Raheem (In the name of of Allah the most beneficient, the merciful)

"And if you asked them, Who created the heavens and earth? they would surely say, Allah. Say, [All] praise is [due] to Allah ; but most of them do not know."
(QS. Luqman 31: Verse 25)

Islam is a lie! In fact the proper name for Islam should be Is - a - lie! Just last week I was curious to know why the Bible says Isaac was to be sacrificed and Muslims sacrifice ran yearly for Ishmael and I discovered that Ishmael was never mentioned in the Quran. It was not even mentioned that he war sacrificed. So many other make believe stories and fallacies. Angel Jubril re - write stories thousands years after to a prophet. Haha!?

2 Likes

Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by haekymbahd(m): 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
MightySparrow:

Islam is a lie! In fact the proper name for Islam should be Is - a - lie! Just last week I was curious to know why the Bible says Isaac was to be sacrificed and Muslims sacrifice ran yearly for Ishmael and I discovered that Ishmael was never mentioned in the Quran. It was not even mentioned that he war sacrificed. So many other make believe stories and fallacies. Angel Jubril re - write stories thousands years after to a prophet. Haha!?
Allah SWT said:
"O People of the Scripture, there has come to you Our Messenger to make clear to you [the religion] after a period [of suspension] of messengers, lest you say, There came not to us any bringer of good tidings or a warner. But there has come to you a bringer of good tidings and a warner. And Allah is over all things competent."
(QS. Al-Maaida 5: Verse 19)

Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by MightySparrow: 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
haekymbahd:
Allah SWT said:
"O People of the Scripture, there has come to you Our Messenger to make clear to you [the religion] after a period [of suspension] of messengers, lest you say, There came not to us any bringer of good tidings or a warner. But there has come to you a bringer of good tidings and a warner. And Allah is over all things competent."

Address the issue of ishmael bro.
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by haekymbahd(m): 10:04pm On Aug 05, 2020
MightySparrow:

"My Lord, grant me [a child] from among the righteous."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 100)
Allah SWT said:

"So We gave him good tidings of a forbearing boy."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 101)

"And when he reached with him [the age of] exertion, he said, O my son, indeed I have seen in a dream that I [must] sacrifice you, so see what you think. He said, O my father, do as you are commanded. You will find me, if Allah wills, of the steadfast."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 102)

"And when they had both submitted and he put him down upon his forehead,"
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 103)

"We called to him, O Abraham,"
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 104)

"You have fulfilled the vision. Indeed, We thus reward the doers of good."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 105)

"Indeed, this was the clear trial."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 106)

"And We ransomed him with a great sacrifice,"
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 107)

"Indeed, We thus reward the doers of good."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 110)

"And We gave him good tidings of Isaac, a prophet from among the righteous."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 112)

"And We blessed him and Isaac. But among their descendants is the doer of good and the clearly unjust to himself."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 113)

From the verse above it shows ishmail was the one even though is name was not mentioned but it showed Abraham had a boy before isaac.
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
haekymbahd:
Allah SWT said:

Isn't that instead a reference to the Jews and not the Christians then? undecided
I say this since considering what Jesus Christ represented, He closed the chapter as far as God is concerned as regards those who believe in Him.

And by about 600AD, when Mohammed supposedly popped out of nowhere claiming to be sent from God, Christians hadn't really become 'people of the Scripture' at all... it would be many more centuries before Christianity truly gained the status of 'People of the Scripture'
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by dragunov: 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2020
AntiChristian:

grin, Which weed are you on? Where did Yah give you Christianity as your religion? grin

Where is your reference for all this?

I never said that niggah. You must have snorted your stuff up the wrong passage way or maybe you're snorting the wrong stuff all together.

I drew a bifurcation between the teachings of Christ and what Christianity had morphed into over the millennia. They are 2 different things. And i am saying now, for the sake of clarity, that Islam is an off shoot of Christianity. Except that it has incorporated, for the sake of uniqueness, some other fantastic belief systems as well as Arabian mysticism amd Egyptian esoterism.

Moha' was not a prophet, but a protégé, albeit a recalcitrant and prodigal one, of the papal system. And i told you already why he was chosen.

Suffice it to say that all religious systems are about to meet their demise at the hands of the Great Rock. I know you might not be able to understand my last comment. But I can't shout.
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by haekymbahd(m): 12:56am On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Isn't that instead a reference to the Jews and not the Christians then? undecided
I say this since considering what Jesus Christ represented, He closed the chapter as far as God is concerned as regards those who believe in Him.

And by about 600AD, when Mohammed supposedly popped out of nowhere claiming to be sent from God, Christians hadn't really become 'people of the Scripture' at all... it would be many more centuries before Christianity truly gained the status of 'People of the Scripture'

Allah SWT said:

"And We sent, following in their footsteps, Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming that which came before him in the Torah; and We gave him the Gospel, in which was guidance and light and confirming that which preceded it of the Torah as guidance and instruction for the righteous."
(QS. Al-Maaida 5: Verse 46)

"And let the People of the Gospel judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the defiantly disobedient."
(QS. Al-Maaida 5: Verse 47)

That means Allah is talking about a particular gospel revealed to Jesus himself not the new testament christains use today. That why we believe the bible has been corrupted.
Jesus preached gospel while on earth what did he preach where is the record not gospel according to mathew, luke, mark and John.

You said Jesus christ closed the chapter as far as God is concerned yes you are right but the new christains invented new doctrines different from what Jesus actually taught. Jesus belived in One God and submitted to the will of God(muslim). But christains invented concept of trinity and other doctrines not taught by Jesus which prompted to send the final prophet to warn mankind and tell them about the errors they made.

"O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, Three; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 171)

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by Kobojunkie: 1:15am On Aug 06, 2020
haekymbahd:
Allah SWT said:
"And We sent, following in their footsteps, Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming that which came before him in the Torah; and We gave him the Gospel, in which was guidance and light and confirming that which preceded it of the Torah as guidance and instruction for the righteous."
(QS. Al-Maaida 5: Verse 46) "And let the People of the Gospel judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the defiantly disobedient."
(QS. Al-Maaida 5: Verse 47)* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com
That means Allah is talking about a particular gospel revealed to Jesus himself not the new testament christains use today. That why we believe the bible has been corrupted.
Jesus preached gospel while on earth what did he preach where is the record not gospel according to mathew, luke, mark and John.
Again, the People of the Scripture does not refer to the Christians but to the Jews who have the Book of the Law.
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by haekymbahd(m): 1:30am On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Again, the People of the Scripture does not refer to the Christians but to the Jews who have the Book of the Law.
But a book was also ,revealed to Jesus too "injil" which is no more today we believed it was corrupted.

Or maybe I don't understand your question then.
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by Kobojunkie: 1:35am On Aug 06, 2020
haekymbahd:
But a book was also ,revealed to Jesus too "injil" which is no more today we believed it was corrupted.

Or maybe I don't understand your question then.
Jesus Christ gave us no book. Are you sure you are referring to the same Jesus Christ? He gave us no book, and He never wrote any books. God didn't write a book for Christians either.
So, the 'People of the Scripture' are surely not Christians but the Hebrews who have the Torah

Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by MightySparrow: 3:52am On Aug 06, 2020
haekymbahd:

Allah SWT said:

"And when he reached with him [the age of] exertion, he said, O my son, indeed I have seen in a dream that I [must] sacrifice you, so see what you think. He said, O my father, do as you are commanded. You will find me, if Allah wills, of the steadfast."

"And We blessed him and Isaac. But among their descendants is the doer of good and the clearly unjust to himself."

From the verse above it shows ishmail was the one even though is name was not mentioned but it showed Abraham had a boy before isaac.
I can’t see Ishmael there, you can highlight please

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by haekymbahd(m): 6:17am On Aug 06, 2020
MightySparrow:
I can’t see Ishmael there, you can highlight please
haekymbahd:

The first embolden points to ishmail
The second shows Abraham was rewarded with isaac for submitting to the will of God.

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by haekymbahd(m): 6:49am On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ gave us no book. Are you sure you are referring to the same Jesus Christ? He gave us no book, and He never wrote any books. God didn't write a book for Christians either.
So, the 'People of the Scripture' are surely not Christians but the Hebrews who have the Torah
Now okay you will agree with me that Jesus preached a gospel himself while on earth so there has to be gospel according to Jesus.

Mathew 13

13 Truly I tell you, wherever this good news (the Gospel) is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will be told also, in memory of her.

It is obvious that If people will preach this gospel through out the world some will preach it the exact way, some may add, and some may subtract from it so in it might not be reliable because people might infuse things not in original doctrine.

Now if Jesus was still around today and still preaching if you call him God what will be his reply?

If you ask how do you enter the kingdom of God what will be his reply?

If you ask him about trinity what will be his reply ?

Why did Jesus teach asking forgiveness of sins if he died for sin?

Then you will know the Gospel has been corrupted.

Allah SWT said:

"So woe to those who write the scripture with their own hands, then say, This is from Allah, in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 79)

Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by MightySparrow: 10:10am On Aug 06, 2020
It is a lie, mere conjecture. Google the historicity surrounding the practice. Islam is falsehood. Of course, every truth should be challengeable. But Islamic truth is not! Fatwa is pronounced on whoever attempts. Et, this truth is from a ‘saintified’ person who should not be queried. Lie upon lie, sometimes defying common sense and historical facts!

haekymbahd:

The first embolden points to ishmail
The second shows Abraham was rewarded with isaac for submitting to the will of God.
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by AntiChristian: 10:46am On Aug 06, 2020
dragunov:

I never said that niggah. You must have snorted your stuff up the wrong passage way or maybe you're snorting the wrong stuff all together.

I drew a bifurcation between the teachings of Christ and what Christianity had morphed into over the millennia. They are 2 different things. And i am saying now, for the sake of clarity, that Islam is an off shoot of Christianity. Except that it has incorporated, for the sake of uniqueness, some other fantastic belief systems as well as Arabian mysticism amd Egyptian esoterism.

Moha' was not a prophet, but a protégé, albeit a recalcitrant and prodigal one, of the papal system. And i told you already why he was chosen.

Suffice it to say that all religious systems are about to meet their demise at the hands of the Great Rock. I know you might not be able to understand my last comment. But I can't shout.

Where is your reference?
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by AntiChristian: 10:58am On Aug 06, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Illiteracy and your inclination are synonymous so I can understand your situation. Vehicular traffic overwhelming a road is different from deliberate obstruction of vehicular traffic by terrorists.

Since you mentioned terrorist, Read the passage below.

Numbers
Chapter 31
7-12

7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males. 8 And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword. 9 And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods. 10 And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire. 11 And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts. 12 And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.

Who are the terrorist(s) in the passage?

A. THE LORD

B. MOSES

C. JESUS (i.e. if you believe Jesus is LORD or part of the Lord)

D. THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL

E. A-D

F. A, B & D
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by AntiChristian: 11:03am On Aug 06, 2020
veeshock:

Go study preislamic arabian beliefs or even indian culture and you'l see where your jinn story originated from; same thing with some apocrypha gospels which were common in arabia during the time of Muhammad like the gospel of Thomas, some of their stories ended up in your quran. How do you think it happened? Divine revelation and not copy and paste right?
Thr obvious thing is mecca was a major town where traders from different background often met, you cant say Muhammad never heard of all those things in his 40years stay in mecca.
The one you always run from is the fact your hadith describes muhammad as one who was clearly hallucinating about sex at some point, which was claimed to be the doing of a jewish sorcerer(I wonder what would make a sorcerer choose sex of all possible things) and this is supposed to be The most special prophet of an Almighty God? bewitched to be hallucinating?? Delusion He was also said to often have sex with all his wives in a single night(that amount of energy and sex drive comes from...have you seen a maniac?) Again, your quran which claims to be infallible is riddled with statements which are not exactly correct. Coupled with the confabulations copied from elsewhere above. All these put together(unless im wrong) dont spell out a divine prophet but a bipolar maniac that acts normal sometimes but a few other times.

If you were to preach to me now how will you convince me that Jesus your Lord was tempted by Satan?
And Paul that never met Jesus saw a light and converted to a Christian and started preaching!
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by Lukuluku69(m): 11:06am On Aug 06, 2020
MightySparrow:
After the death of both Abraham and Ishmael, God (Yaweh or Allah) abandoned Arabs for several millenia (3000 - 4000) years no prophet of record from them until mohammed(SAW).
Mohammed (SAW) came 570 years and started his prophetic career about 40 years later. He then rewrote the history of Israel who themselves have written records. For example, the story of jesus' crucifiction is denied let alone his resurrection. Yet, this was not only circulated at that time and now, it is fact on the pages of history books except the Quran. the Quran claims that someone else was crucified in place of Jesus, who then resurrected? During the abandonment of Arabs who were they worshpping and why were they abandoned at all?

Op, your queries are actually easy to answer answer. Very easy but would believe the responses? Would you?

We are told to REASON with People with genuine queries. Are you ready to reason?
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by MightySparrow: 11:12am On Aug 06, 2020
Lukuluku69:

Op, your queries are actually easy to answer answer. Very easy but would believe the responses? Would you?

We are told to REASON with People with genuine queries. Are you ready to reason?
Yes, keep the ball rolling. The responses must appeal reason beyond any iota of doubt.
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by haekymbahd(m): 11:14am On Aug 06, 2020
MightySparrow:
It is a lie, mere conjecture. Google the historicity surrounding the practice. Islam is falsehood. Of course, every truth should be challengeable. But Islamic truth is not! Fatwa is pronounced on whoever attempts. Et, this truth is from a ‘saintified’ person who should not be queried. Lie upon lie, sometimes defying common sense and historical facts!

Bro I understand you religion is about faith. Personally this is my view on that I will go with the Islamic view because Islamically when Abraham was to sacrificed Ishmael and at the time Isaac has not yet been born making Ishmael the only son then.

From the Christian perspective Isaac was to be sacrificed but he wasn't Abraham's only son.

Genesis 22:12
12 And He said, Do not lay your hand on the lad or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear and revere God, since you have not held back from Me or begrudged giving Me your son, your only son.

I think think the mistake came from the Bible.
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by haekymbahd(m): 11:14am On Aug 06, 2020
MightySparrow:

Bro I understand you religion is about faith. Personally this is my view on that I will go with the Islamic view because Islamically when Abraham was to sacrificed Ishmael and at the time Isaac has not yet been born making Ishmael the only son then.

From the Christian perspective Isaac was to be sacrificed but he wasn't Abraham's only son.

12 And He said, Do not lay your hand on the lad or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear and revere God, since you have not held back from Me or begrudged giving Me your son, your only son.

I believe the mistake came from the Bible.
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by CodeTemplar: 11:22am On Aug 06, 2020
AntiChristian:

Since you mentioned terrorist, Read the passage below.

Numbers
Chapter 31
7-12

7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males. 8 And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword. 9 And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods. 10 And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire. 11 And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts. 12 And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.

Who are the terrorist(s) in the passage?

A. THE LORD

B. MOSES

C. JESUS (i.e. if you believe Jesus is LORD or part of the Lord)

D. THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL

E. A-D

F. A, B & D
The porter has power to mould two cups out of same clay, one to honour and the other to dishonour. It was God too who hardened Pharaoh's heart against releasing the Israelites. He has the power to create people with endurance so all you rants are null. next....
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by MightySparrow: 11:22am On Aug 06, 2020
haekymbahd:

I think think the mistake came from the Bible.
Start reading the story of isaac and ishmael from chapter 16 as arranged chronoloigically. The passage you pointed out is out of context.
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by Lukuluku69(m): 11:37am On Aug 06, 2020
MightySparrow:
After the death of both Abraham and Ishmael, God (Yaweh or Allah) abandoned Arabs for several millenia (3000 - 4000) years no prophet of record from them until mohammed(SAW).
Mohammed (SAW) came 570 years and started his prophetic career about 40 years later. He then rewrote the history of Israel who themselves have written records. For example, the story of jesus' crucifiction is denied let alone his resurrection. Yet, this was not only circulated at that time and now, it is fact on the pages of history books except the Quran. the Quran claims that someone else was crucified in place of Jesus, who then resurrected? During the abandonment of Arabs who were they worshpping and why were they abandoned at all?

After Abraham and Ishmael passed on, the Israelites wrote their own stories. Right from Issac for he was the first Prophet from that Line (From Abraham). Their stories we can all see, feel and read.

As for Ishmael, his father, according to the Bible placed him with his mother in the Wilderness of Paran when he was just a Baby.

And yes, while the Offsprings of Issac were building Nations, conquering and being conquered, the Ishmelites branch of Abraham just roamed freely on their Sandy patch.

Ishmael, himself a Prophet preached what ALL Prophets preached: belief in God and work righteousness. His name means "GOD HEARD" ISHMAELLAH (Hebrew) ISMA'ILLAH (Arabic/Aramaic).
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by Lukuluku69(m): 11:39am On Aug 06, 2020
CodeTemplar:

The porter has power to mould two cups out of same clay, one to honour and the other to dishonour. It was God too who hardened Pharaoh's heart against releasing the Israelites. He has the power to create people with endurance so all you rants are null. next....

Then, do you blame the Cup or the Porter?
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by haekymbahd(m): 11:44am On Aug 06, 2020
MightySparrow:
Start2 reading the story of isaac and ishmael from chapter 16 as arranged chronoloigically. The passage you pointed out is out of context.
No let me start from chapter 1, These are few errors in Genesis alone what is the probability that the Bible didn't make an error in who Abrahams sacrcrificial son was.

GE 1:20-21, 26-27 Birds were created before man was created.

GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before birds were created.

GE 1:24-27 Animals were created before man was created.

GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before animals were created.

GE 1:26-27 Man and woman were created at the same time.

GE 2:7, 21-22 Man was created first, woman sometime later.

GE 2:4, 4:26, 12:8, 22:14-16, 26:25 God was already known as "the Lord" (Jahveh or Jehovah) much earlier than the time of Moses.
GE 21:14-16 Hagar casts Ishmael under a bush

GE 17:23-26, 21:5 Hagar was already fourteen years old

GE 22:1-12, DT 8:2 God tempts (tests) Abraham and Moses.

GE 6:4 There were Nephilim (giants) before the Flood.

GE 7:21 All creatures other than Noah and his clan were annihilated by the Flood.
GE 7:24 The flood lasts 150 days

GE 7:17 40 days

GE 8:5 Ten Months

[b]GE 11:7-9 God sows discord.

PR 6:16-19 God hates anyone who sows discord.

GE 11:12 Arpachshad [Arphaxad] was the father of Shelah.

LK 3:35-36 Cainan was the father of Shelah. Arpachshad was the grandfather of Shelah.

GE 11:26 Terah was 70 years old when his son Abram was born.

GE 11:32 Terah was 205 years old when he died (making Abram 135 at the time).

GE 12:4, AC 7:4 Abram was 75 when he left Haran. This was after Terah died. Thus, Terah could have been no more than 145 when he died; or Abram was only 75 years old after he had lived 135 years.

GE 12:7, 17:1, 18:1, 26:2, 32:30, EX 3:16, 6:2-3, 24:9-11, 33:11, NU 12:7-8, 14:14, JB 42:5, AM 7:7-8, 9:1 God is seen.

EX 33:20, JN 1:18, 1JN 4:12 God is not seen. No one can see God's face and live. No one has ever seen him.

GE 10:5, 20, 31 There were many languages before the Tower of Babel.

GE 11:1 There was only one language before the Tower of Babel.

GE 15:9, EX 20:24, 29:10-42, LE 1:1-7:38, NU 28:1-29:40, God details sacrificial offerings.

JE 7:21-22 God says he did no such thing.

GE 15:13, ACT 7:6 The sojourn in Egypt lasted 400 years

EX 12:40 430 years

GE 16:15, 21:1-3, GA 4:22 Abraham had two sons, Ishmael and Isaac.

HE 11:17 Abraham had only one son.

GE 17:1, 35:11, 1CH 29:11-12, LK 1:37 God is omnipotent. Nothing is impossible with (or for) God.[/b]

[b]JG 1:19 Although God was with Judah, together they could not defeat the plainsmen because the latter had iron chariots.

GE 21:14-16 Hagar casts Ishmael under a bush

GE 17:23-26, 21:5 Hagar was already fourteen years old

GE 22:1-12, DT 8:2 God tempts (tests) Abraham and Moses.

JG 2:22 God himself says that he does test (tempt).
GE 26:35 Esau's wife Bashemath was the daughter of Elon the Hittite

GE 36:2-3 Bashemath was the daughter of Ishmael and sister of Nabajoth his wife Adah is the daughter of Elon the Hittite

GE 28:9 Esau's wife Mahalath is the daughter of Ishmael and sister of Nabajoth
GE 32:28-30 God changed Jacobs name at Peniel crossing the Jabbok

GE 35:9-10 He changed it at padanaram

GE 35:10 God says Jacob is to be called Jacob no longer; henceforth his name is Israel.

GE 46:2 At a later time, God himself uses the name Jacob.
GE 36:11 The sons of Eliphaz were Teman, Omar, Zepho, Gatam, and Kenaz.

GE 36:15-16 Teman, Omar, Zepho, Kenaz.

1CH 1:35-36 Teman, Omar, Zephi, Gatam, Kenaz, Timna, and Amalek.
GE 37:36 The Midianites of northern arabia sold Jospeh into slavery

GE 37:28, 39:1 It was the Ishmaelites of the syrian desert

GE 45:4 It was his brothers
[/b]
e. t. c[/b]

Only Genesis

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by Lukuluku69(m): 11:48am On Aug 06, 2020
MightySparrow:

After Ishmael passed on, the Message he preached was lost and among his people they adopted graven images in place of God.

Remember, the Israelites worshipped the golden calf when Moses left for only 40 days! So, you can imagine a people without a Prophet for a Thousand years!
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by Lukuluku69(m): 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
MightySparrow:

According to the Bible:

1. Abraham prayed for a son/an heir.
2. God told him he shall have one.
3. Abraham had a son when he was 86 years (Ishmael)
4. Abraham was circumscised when he was 99 years (why?)
5. Issac was born when Abraham was 100yrs.
6. God instruction/command was: Offer THINE ONLY SON!
7. When Issac came, Abraham had 2 (TWO) SONS and not an ONLY SON.
8. The Circumscision (every male: Abraham, his son Ishmael and all servant were circumscised that day at 99yrs. And in line with the Covenant Issac was circumscised when he was 8 Days old (as Muslims do till date)

The name Ishmael was replaced with Issac in all of Genesis 17 and replaced with Issac. This was the reason the Jews wanted Jesus dead! He told them their age-long LIES to their Faces!
Re: My Confusion About The Claims of Islam by CodeTemplar: 1:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
Lukuluku69:

Then, do you blame the Cup or the Porter?
None if the porter has moulded it for the particular purpose it is achieving.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ray Boltz Says He's Gay / If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? / Mohammed Contradicts Himself, Says 3 Different Things On The Same Topic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.