Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now (863 Views)

Help! I'm Feeling Guilty Of Ruining Someone's Marriage / Help I'm Pregnant For A Married Man. / My Stepmother Poured Hot Water On My Baby! I'm So Angry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by Eastside22(m): 9:34pm On May 29, 2020
By the grace of God am in my final year in the university if not for this covid'19 am suppose to graduate this year
But here is my problem
During my 200L I went to learn a skill not just any skill but the one I had passion for which is photography and graphics designing
So for like 2years now I've gone very far with it and due to the passion I have for it I intend taking the skill to another level like going to learn it professionally after my graduation
Recently like a week ago while I was thinking about the possibility of making a living with this said skill I suddenly just lost interest for it cause of the fear of not making it if i put all my energy there as I plan in my mind

Right now am in serious problem cause I've Been thinking of how to get back my interest for my skill is really driving me crazy,I can't do anything within thinking about the matter am so bothered

Please I need advice from my seniors in the house
Re: Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 29, 2020
Anything that makes you happy and it gives you joy when doing it, even without you being paid is your PASSION.

And as you said, that you are afraid if your skill will become a success if you put all your energy into it. All I have to say is that DARE TO BE DIFFERENT, no matter how many times you have failed.
Re: Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by ikh777: 9:44pm On May 29, 2020
Eastside22:
By the grace of God am in my final year in the university if not for this covid'19 am suppose to graduate this year
But here is my problem
During my 200L I went to learn a skill not just any skill but the one I had passion for which is photography and graphics designing
So for like 2years now I've gone very far with and due to the passion I have for it I intend taking the skill to another level like going to learn it professionally after my graduation
Recently like a week ago while I was thinking about the possibility of making a living with this said skill I suddenly just lost interest for it cause if the fear of not making it if i put all my energy there as I plan in my mind

Right now am in serious problem cause I've Been thinking of how to get back my interest for my skill is really driving me crazy,I can't do anything within thinking about the matter am so bothered

Your loss of interest may be due to fear or just frustration at how things have changed and are changing so rapidly.

Thanks to COVID, the days of "DOING WHAT YOU LOVE", "FOLLOWING YOUR PASSION" are officially over. Motivational speeches have failed and their speakers are in hiding.

If you are not solving a major problem that has been caused by COVID... you may not get much because the attention, choices, inclination of the world has shifted by a large degree, so you are not the only one who has LOST INTEREST.... because many have suddenly realized that their skills, their jobs, their courses in school have become useless in the light of this "pandemic".

All I can tell you is, PHOTOGRAPHY will survive, but you have to think outside the box.... yes think beyond Covering events and parties because until there is a VACCINE... all that may never happen again... So be smart and get ahead of the game. Move your graphics design to animation and then to web/app design else you may become irrelevant in an ever competitive world.

Also study about investments so when you miraculously start getting cash, you can INVEST and safeguard yourself from issues in the future.
I know you are smart so get yourself together and chase the new dream.... grin

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by Eastside22(m): 10:02pm On May 29, 2020
Luckyheart:
Anything that makes you happy and it gives you joy when doing it, even without you being paid is your PASSION.

And as you said, that you are afraid if your skill will become a success if you put all your energy into it. All I have to say is that DARE TO BE DIFFERENT, no matter how many times you have failed.
Exactly how I feel each time am involve in my job even the studio I work for in school don't even pay me but I go there every week without feeling bad
Re: Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by Eastside22(m): 10:04pm On May 29, 2020
ikh777:

Your loss of interest may be due to fear or just frustration at how things have changed and are changing so rapidly.

Thanks to COVID, the days of "DOING WHAT YOU LOVE", "FOLLOWING YOUR PASSION" are officially over. Motivational speeches have failed and their speakers are in hiding.

If you are not solving a major problem that has been caused by COVID... you may not get much because the attention, choices, inclination of the world has shifted by a large degree, so you are not the only one who has LOST INTEREST.... because many have suddenly realized that their skills, their jobs, their courses in school have become useless in the light of this "pandemic".

All I can tell you is, PHOTOGRAPHY will survive, but you have to think outside the box.... yes think beyond Covering events and parties because until there is a VACCINE... all that may never happen again... So be smart and get ahead of the game. Move your graphics design to animation and then to web/app design else you may become irrelevant in an ever competitive world.

Also study about investments so when you miraculously start getting cash, you can INVEST and safeguard yourself from issues in the future.
I know you are smart so get yourself together and chase the new dream.... grin
Thanks so much,but what can I do to stop thinking
Re: Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by Xristars(m): 10:06pm On May 29, 2020
In this social media world graphics design and photography will always strive. Me personally, I really want to learn it professionally because i am into Vlogging(YouTube) you need clear and enticing graphics to get your Target audience.
Whatever you do, love it and take it to the extreme end.
God blesses hard work.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by Eastside22(m): 10:11pm On May 29, 2020
Xristars:
In this social media world graphics design and photography will always strive. Me personally, I really want to learn it professionally because i am into Vlogging(YouTube) you need clear and enticing graphics to get your Target audience.
Whatever you do, love it and take it to the extreme end.
God blesses hard work.
Thanks for your advice but what do you suggest I do to get back my lost interest
Re: Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by ikh777: 12:13am On May 30, 2020
Eastside22:

THINKING CAN NEITHER BE CREATED NOR DESTROYED
So get BUSY with the new things I already mentioned.

it is THINK AS YOU GO then you will GROW.

So stop waiting for PERFECT TIME... when ALL THINKING WILL STOP.... because that time is only when you are in your grave.

So get busy learning new things and studying the NEEDS that you can solve in the digital world due to covid.
Re: Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by Mariangeles(f): 8:09am On May 30, 2020
Eastside22:
But here is my problem
So for like 2years now I've gone very far with it and due to the passion I have for it I intend taking the skill to another level like going to learn it professionally after my graduation
Recently like a week ago while I was thinking about the possibility of making a living with this said skill I suddenly just lost interest for it cause of the fear of not making it if i put all my energy there as I plan in my mind

When you say "fear of not making it", do you mean financial success?
Re: Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by Mariangeles(f): 8:17am On May 30, 2020
Eastside22:

You need to start doing and enjoying it for yourself first and foremost.
You can find other source of income for financial security, but enjoy your passion for yourself.
Don't pressure or suppress your passion.

Me for example, I love everything food. It is my passion and fascination.
Add to that, I discovered I love food photography, even though I've not perfected it yet.
You know what? It makes me really happy and giddy when I can get to take a good picture... especially when nature blesses me with the perfect light. Sometimes I guard the pictures jealously, sometimes I share.
For me, it's not about money, even though money can be made from it.
Re: Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by Eastside22(m): 8:36am On May 30, 2020
Mariangeles:

When you say "fear of not making it", do you mean financial success?
Yes sir
Re: Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by Mariangeles(f): 8:48am On May 30, 2020
Eastside22:

Yes sir

Read my comment before this one
Re: Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by Eastside22(m): 9:11am On May 30, 2020
[quote author=Mariangeles post=90111738]

You need to start doing and enjoying it for yourself first and foremost.
You can find other source of income for financial security, but enjoy your passion for yourself.
Don't pressure or suppress your passion.

Me for example, I love everything food. It is my passion and fascination.
Add to that, I discovered I love food photography, even though I've not perfected it yet.
You know what? It makes me really happy and giddy when I can get to take a good picture... especially when nature blesses me with the perfect light. Sometimes I guard the pictures jealously, sometimes I share.
For me, it's not about money, even though money can be made from it.[/quote
I think am pressuring my passion that's why am feeling this way,I just need to follow your first paragraph so I can be fine again

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by Xristars(m): 9:48am On May 30, 2020
Eastside22:

Thanks for your advice but what do you suggest I do to get back my lost interest
I can only advice you think of what made your go into it in the first place, is itfor the love of creativity?
Then go on social media Instagram to be precise search the hashtag #Graphicsdesign, #Logo, #Photography #Graphicsdesigners. Follow them. Been around likeminds helps alot in reviving interest.
Then get back to work bro. I want to see you do great things with your imagination!
Re: Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by Shinny1: 10:18am On May 30, 2020
I think why you are feeling this way is because of the popular increase in design with your smartphone...but dear is not about everybody is doing it, just look for something unique in the same line and perfect it, since is your passion fine a problem in the graphics word and photography and solve it...

Then people can pay you for value provided....

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by Eastside22(m): 10:38am On May 30, 2020
Xristars:

I can only advice you think of what made your go into it in the first place, is itfor the love of creativity?
Then go on social media Instagram to be precise search the hashtag #Graphicsdesign, #Logo, #Photography #Graphicsdesigners. Follow them. Been around likeminds helps alot in reviving interest.
Then get back to work bro. I want to see you do great things with your imagination!
Yes
Thanks so much brother your advice has really help in lifting my spirit

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help I'm So Bothered Right Now by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 23, 2020
Can't help you.

(1) (Reply)

If The Graph Of Your Life Is Like This, You Have Nothing To Worry About / If Suicide Ever Comes Your Mind . / Case Of A Minor, Drugged And Raped By A Married Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.