Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household - Technology Market (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household (33015 Views)

Tecno Pop 2 Power For Sale 15k / 24/7 Solar Power For Your Office And Home With Payment Plan / Please Help, I Want To Buy Mtn Lumos Solar Power(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by forsaleitem: 6:44am On Aug 29, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

I can't use the bars to tell what's happening.
The voltage will make it easier.

How did u know the connection of the solar panels.

Thanks
Panel Connections: I connected it myself and I watched it on YouTube

Negative on panel 1 connected to positive on panel 2

While we connect wire from charge controller accordingly i.e negative from charge controller to negative on panel 2, positive from charge controller to positive on panel 1

Also, voltage seen on charge controller varies from 10 - 11v around 7am till something 9. From 9am, it's always above 12.4 that it shows

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:52am On Aug 29, 2023
forsaleitem:

Thanks
Panel Connections: I connected it myself and I watched it on YouTube

Negative on panel 1 connected to positive on panel 2

While we connect wire from charge controller accordingly i.e negative from charge controller to negative on panel 2, positive from charge controller to positive on panel 1

Also, voltage seen on charge controller varies from 10 - 11v around 7am till something 9. From 9am, it's always above 12.4 that it shows

Thank you
You DIY nice.
However your connection seem to be the problem.

Please go back and reconfigure it.
+ve of panel 1 to +ve of panel 2 and vice versa.

While doing this, please try to measure the voltage of the panels individually.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by forsaleitem: 8:40am On Aug 29, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

You DIY nice.

Ok

Thank you

I will update you about the outcome

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by forsaleitem: 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2023
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by donaytexx1(m): 10:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
Experts in the house.

Good day everyone, I need a solar power solution (at least the inverter and battery and charge controller first) for my laptop and smartphone only. The laptop is 90 W.

My budget is ~100k (to exclude the solar panel). I will get that one later.

I'd like to have a very small Inverter (150W or so) coz I don't intend to run anything else on it. Just the laptop only, and phone.

And I'd like to have at least 75 Ah battery capacity (or higher) for a start.

I want the power plant to be able to keep my laptop running for at least 9 hrs in the day (I'd charge it then take it off the inverter, then reconnect it when the laptop battery runs low, etc). The laptop itself stays on for at least 2hrs until it runs low.

I'd like the SCC to be around 30 A to make provision for bigger solar array (for faster charging of the solar battery) in future.

I need assistance on how possible it is to put together such a solar power system.

----------

I did some findings and I saw some products on Jumia.

I was particular about their battery capacities (some people were clever to stamp outrageous mAh and Wh ratings on their products).

But I observed some had 25 Ah battery. Others had 40 Ah, while one had 75 Ah.

I feel 25 Ah would be too small for my purpose.

I'm not also comfortable with the 40 Ah option. Do you think a 40 Ah with 60 W panel and 500 W inverter would be okay for my needs (as described earlier)?

The 75 Ah package caught my attention. But I didn't like the 20 A charge controller that came with it (I felt it would not allow the solar array to be scalable). I also didn't see the need for their 3 kW inverter. I spoke with their contact on phone, but he was sounding very impatient and non-responsive.

But still I'm interested in that 75 Ah capacity. What do you think? Can I go ahead to buy it? They said it's ~140k along with their 160 W panel (108k without the panel).

Please I need someone to guide me. Someone I can personally reach out to and talk with.

I'm based in Badagry.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by luvlyoracle(m): 12:31am On Sep 01, 2023
grin grin
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by forsaleitem: 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2023
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by CooldipoMPS: 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2023
donaytexx1:
Experts in the house.

Good day everyone, I need a solar power solution (at least the inverter and battery and charge controller first) for my laptop and smartphone only. The laptop is 90 W.

My budget is ~100k (to exclude the solar panel). I will get that one later.

I'd like to have a very small Inverter (150W or so) coz I don't intend to run anything else on it. Just the laptop only, and phone.

And I'd like to have at least 75 Ah battery capacity (or higher) for a start.

I want the power plant to be able to keep my laptop running for at least 9 hrs in the day (I'd charge it then take it off the inverter, then reconnect it when the laptop battery runs low, etc). The laptop itself stays on for at least 2hrs until it runs low.

I'd like the SCC to be around 30 A to make provision for bigger solar array (for faster charging of the solar battery) in future.

I need assistance on how possible it is to put together such a solar power system.

----------

I did some findings and I saw some products on Jumia.

I was particular about their battery capacities (some people were clever to stamp outrageous mAh and Wh ratings on their products).

But I observed some had 25 Ah battery. Others had 40 Ah, while one had 75 Ah.

I feel 25 Ah would be too small for my purpose.

I'm not also comfortable with the 40 Ah option. Do you think a 40 Ah with 60 W panel and 500 W inverter would be okay for my needs (as described earlier)?

The 75 Ah package caught my attention. But I didn't like the 20 A charge controller that came with it (I felt it would not allow the solar array to be scalable). I also didn't see the need for their 3 kW inverter. I spoke with their contact on phone, but he was sounding very impatient and non-responsive.

But still I'm interested in that 75 Ah capacity. What do you think? Can I go ahead to buy it? They said it's ~140k along with their 160 W panel (108k without the panel).

Please I need someone to guide me. Someone I can personally reach out to and talk with.

I'm based in Badagry.

I have the right power solution for your needs. Prices range from 84k and above; reachable via www.cooldipo.com +2348065316307

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by forsaleitem: 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

You DIY nice.

I've changed to parallel and positive changes noticed

Now, one more request

I watched the battery reach full today but I used it to some extent till it return to 3 battery bar and continue charging

3 bar remained but I switched off the inverter to enable battery continue to charge from around 3pm till evening but to my surprise, when the battery stopped charging it only shows 2bar whereas the continuation of charging showed 3 bar

Does that mean something discharge the battery?

I noticed reduction in voltage too because when the battery still under charge, it shows 12.6 as battery voltage and 12.7 as panel voltage going into the battery but when the panel stopped charging, the voltage showed 12.4v

I will need your input as regard this if it's normal or something is wrong somewhere

Thanks
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:24am On Sep 06, 2023
forsaleitem:

I've changed to parallel and positive changes noticed

Now, one more request

I watched the battery reach full today but I used it to some extent till it return to 3 battery bar and continue charging

3 bar remained but I switched off the inverter to enable battery continue to charge from around 3pm till evening but to my surprise, when the battery stopped charging it only shows 2bar whereas the continuation of charging showed 3 bar

Does that mean something discharge the battery?

I noticed reduction in voltage too because when the battery still under charge, it shows 12.6 as battery voltage and 12.7 as panel voltage going into the battery but when the panel stopped charging, the voltage showed 12.4v

I will need your input as regard this if it's normal or something is wrong somewhere

Thanks
This is quite normal.
For batteries to charge, u need a voltage higher than the batteries voltage, so I can attribute it to the extra voltage from solar panel.

Please try to charge the batteries full before using them after the previous incident.

That aside, weather has been bad for sometime now, for the first time my 12v system off on me....

Good job you are doing keep it up
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by psucc(m): 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2023
Good afternoon Sir,
Please I am in a srict budget. I need a system that will charge my laptop 90w (preferably, in the daytime), then tv(dell monitor), at least 5 lighting points (will change all bulbs to 5w) and decoder.
All items for at least 3-5hours in the evening.
Fan can wait.
My budget is very low.like how much will that take

Obnoxious2001:

This is quite normal.
For batteries to charge, u need a voltage higher than the batteries voltage, so I can attribute it to the extra voltage from solar panel.

Please try to charge the batteries full before using them after the previous incident.

That aside, weather has been bad for sometime now, for the first time my 12v system off on me....

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by forsaleitem: 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

This is quite normal.

Thank you boss

Everything now works very fine

Battery got fully charged before 11am most time grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by forsaleitem: 9:29pm On Sep 08, 2023
psucc:
Good afternoon Sir,
Please I am in a srict budget. I need a system that will charge my laptop 90w (preferably, in the daytime), then tv(dell monitor), at least 5 lighting points (will change all bulbs to 5w) and decoder.
Fan can wait.

2 X 180 watts panel = 90k for 2

100ah battery = 72k

1kv inverter = sachet cheaper but you can get reasonable ones like famicare or yohako (cost around 70k)

30a Charge controller = 11k

270k will do you
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:43am On Sep 10, 2023
psucc:
Good afternoon Sir,
Fan can wait.

Depending on your location, your budget should be around 470k upward.

This will get you something ideal.
A 200A battery 12v
Inverter and controller
Wire and accessories for the installation.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:46am On Sep 10, 2023
forsaleitem:

100ah battery = 72k

1kv inverter = sachet cheaper but you can get reasonable ones like famicare or yohako (cost around 70k)

270k will do you

This would not last up to 3hrs-5hrs he mentioned.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:46am On Sep 10, 2023
forsaleitem:

Thank you boss

Everything now works very fine

Battery got fully charged before 11am most time grin

Your welcome chief
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by psucc(m): 11:48am On Sep 10, 2023
That's on a very high side. I need something around ₦100k highest.
Obnoxious2001:

Depending on your location, your budget should be around 470k upward.

This will get you something ideal.
A 200A battery 12v
Inverter and controller
Wire and accessories for the installation.

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 5:49am On Sep 11, 2023
psucc:
u cant get 3hrs on that load.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by psucc(m): 3:37pm On Sep 12, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

u cant get 3hrs on that load.
better.

Please can you help on the parts and ratings that that amount can buy?
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by CooldipoMPS: 6:23am On Sep 15, 2023
psucc:
MPS 2 Lite can get you that connected to solar
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by akpota(m): 7:00am On Sep 15, 2023
Ournolly:
As much as I applaud your idea and the clear explanation, I will however let anyone interested to understand clearly that 40ah deep cycle led acid battery won't go far at all.

With 50% dod one can only get only 20ah which makes extremely poor for even 1 room apartment.

I know you were trying to drastically reduce the cost but the above listed is far below the minimum not even mentioning that solar set up cost far more.

I am currently in conclusive part of powering my 2 modern bedroom flat with 2 heavy 200ah monbat battery and the necessary addons. This alone is costing me over 600k.
If the load is optimized 40ah battery would go far.
I help people setup solar systems which are cheap and they work flawlessely.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by psucc(m): 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2023
CooldipoMPS:
MPS 2 Lite can get you that connected to solar
With solar panel, inverter and charge controller?

I need everything within that range
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by CooldipoMPS: 4:04pm On Sep 15, 2023
psucc:
With solar panel, inverter and charge controller?

I need everything within that range

ok sir, sorry i cannot be more helpful at this time. kind regards!
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by petrusevents(m): 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2023
Hello House,

How can I calculate the ratings of inverter, battery and panel needed for 150w load. Intend to use it for 6 hours per day. 2 in the morning , 4 hours at night.

Thanks
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by pyrex23(m): 9:34am On Oct 03, 2023
Mordecai:
Solar power is considered out of reach of the average middle class income earner.

But is it?

Let's go into it, step by step.

I hope, by the information I'll be detailing below to encourage most low-income earners to adopt solar power for their needs. It is not as expensive as the resellers would have it be.

NB: I am not a professional. Most of the views I'll express will likely be as a result of my own experience.

Hi please how can I reach you? Just need some guidance about solar,
tried searching if you’ve posted a number before but can’t find it anywhere
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:09am On Oct 15, 2023
forsaleitem:

100ah battery = 72k

270k will do you

do you sell all these things
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by psucc(m): 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2023
pyrex23:

Hi please how can I reach you? Just need some guidance about solar,
tried searching if you’ve posted a number before but can’t find it anywhere
have you reached him privately?
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Thanos(m): 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2023
Hi Guys,

So after seeing shege by buying over 40k fuel every month for the past 5 months. I've humbled myself.

I need a solar inverter system to power my laptop. Just my laptop. Unfortunately, its a 170watt rated laptop so its quite the power guzzler. So key things I need to point out:

1- it's just for my laptop, not the whole house. So like a DC connection to a power outlet/extension is what I'm looking at as a start
2- I want to be able to charge it with Gen/Nepa/Solar
3-It should be expandable. So I can add additional battery and eventually modify it to power the house in the long run.

Budget: #200 - 300k.
Time line : 30 days.

Your advice/recommendations would be appreciated.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Thanos(m): 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

You DIY nice.

Hi,

So after seeing shege by buying over 40k fuel every month for the past 5 months. I've humbled myself.

I need a solar inverter system to power my laptop. Just my laptop. Unfortunately, its a 170watt rated laptop so its quite the power guzzler. So key things I need to point out:

1- it's just for my laptop, not the whole house. So like a DC connection to a power outlet/extension is what I'm looking at as a start
3-It should be expandable. So I can add additional battery and eventually modify it to power the house in the long run.

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 10:20pm On Oct 18, 2023
Thanos:

Hi,

Let me arrange an estimate with a budget of 250k

100A battery @ 75k
250W solar panel @60k
1000w PSW satchet inverter @ 40k
40a pwm Controller @23k
Wire @ 18k
10A smart charger @ 20k
Workmanship @ 17k

This will do.

You should have back up of 2hr50mins with the load you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Thanos(m): 12:29am On Oct 19, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

Let me arrange an estimate with a budget of 250k

100A battery @ 75k
250W solar panel @60k
1000w PSW satchet inverter @ 40k
40a pwm Controller @23k
Wire @ 18k
10A smart charger @ 20k
Workmanship @ 17k

This will do.

You should have back up of 2hr50mins with the load you mentioned.

I am appreciative of your response. One thing though, i'd like to future proff myself and i'm thinking, would it not be safer for me to get like a 1.5KVA rated inverter. With maybe the +50k left, i can have wiggle room for that before i start thinking of expanding battery capacity. or what do you think. Go for 2 batteries now or go for a higher output inverter?
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by kiekie1(m): 7:31am On Oct 19, 2023
DISCOUNTED PRICES ON PRAG PRODUCTS! PICKUP IN PRAG OUTLETS ACROSS VARIOUS STATES!!!

Prag 20kva 80-260v servo stabilizer....... 750k
Prag 20kva 130-260v servo stabilizer ..... 550k "very limited stock"

Prag 20kva 45-280v relay stabilizer .... 365k
Prag 20kva 95-280v relay stabilizer .... 320k

https://prag.global/shop/20kva-relay-voltage-stabilizer/

https://prag.global/shop/20kva-servo-voltage-stabilizer-80-260v/

To mention are few . Visit our prag website for many more available products & get more discounts from us.

Feel free to contact u as usual for discounted prices on Available prag product of your choice.. Items purchased can be picked up from any state of your choice, i.e SMARTCELL GLOBAL can authorize Portharcourt sales outlet to release item to his customer.

Standard product warranty applies.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

Etisalat Promo Get Etisalat 7gb #1000/15gb #2000 / Young Scientists Constructed An Helicopter In Oyo / Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.