Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home (5060 Views)

American Tiktok Influencer Shares Her 'Glow Up' From A Baby To A Cute Teenager / Russia: New Mum ‘throws Another Woman’s Baby To His Death( Pix) / Man Backs His Baby To A Bank In Port-Harcourt. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 30, 2020
Is it a good idea to take a child to a motherless babies home to raise the child for you and when she is of age, you will come and take the child.
Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by xrayj(m): 8:50pm On May 30, 2020
LawBreaker:
Is it a good idea to take a child to a motherless babies home to raise the child for you and when she is of age, you will come and take the child.
U can get a nanny to do that for u

3 Likes

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 30, 2020
xrayj:

U can get a nanny to do that for u

Am a single father
Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by eyinjuege: 9:02pm On May 30, 2020
LawBreaker:

Am a single father

Single mothers are successfully raising their children alone.
Why not find some to put you through and show you the ropes? Or you can still employ a live in nanny to assist you when you're not around.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 30, 2020
For now, the only option on my head is the motherless babies. Getting a nanny to stay with me as a single father and raise my child, it won't be funny as I am a single father. Secondly, employing the services of a single mother, I wonder o.

Why is the option of motherless home a bad idea. Pls put me through
Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Nsiehi: 10:04pm On May 30, 2020
It is done. I know a catholic orphanage that offers this service. The children are kept there by their relatives and visit often. The kids are taken care of by the Reverend sisters that run the orphanage. The few times I visited, the kids look so neat, well-fed and good mannered. Few of these kids have disability, though.

You can visit a catholic orphanage in your location and have a discussion with them oh it's done.

2 Likes

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by SweetCunt97(f): 10:34pm On May 30, 2020
LawBreaker:
For now, the only option on my head is the motherless babies. Getting a nanny to stay with me as a single father and raise my child, it won't be funny as I am a single father. Secondly, employing the services of a single mother, I wonder o.

Don't you have family members to assist? I don't get how you a single dad with a baby. The mom up and left?

1 Like

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 30, 2020
I dont think it's a good thing to do. You can employ a nanny and have cameras built in the house to see how good she is to your child, or take your child to your mum if you find it overwhelming.

Dont take your child to a motherless home please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Omololaeni(f): 10:50pm On May 30, 2020
So many orphanage homes offer that service even state owned orphanage homes sef. I have been to some and they told us that they have parents but maybe they are settling a dispute or so that after some years they will come back for that child. We where not even allowed to take pictures with those kids when ever we visit orphanage homes they do tell us that they don't want there relatives to see them online.
Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 30, 2020
eyinjuege:

Single mothers are successfully raising their children alone.
Why not find some to put you through and show you the ropes? Or you can still employ a live in nanny to assist you when you're not around.
Exactly.
Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Kobojunkie: 4:27am On May 31, 2020
LawBreaker:
Take the child where? undecided
LawBreaker:
Am a single father
And? undecided undecided
LawBreaker:
Give that child up for adoption abeg! Hopefully, a good agent can find the child a decent family(i.e. single father, single mother, or even married couple) who are serious and ready to care for and give it the love that you are obviously incapable of giving it. undecided

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Mindlog: 4:32am On May 31, 2020
LawBreaker:

Where is the mother of the child? This same question would be asked at any motherless babies home.

1 Like

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by dfrost: 5:10am On May 31, 2020
All these questions posed at the OP aren't helping him at all.

Sometimes we need to sit back and give kudos for people to have courage and post their problems online for everyone to see. Some are passing through a lot of pain already.

Let's show a little love. It won't hurt. embarassed

We all make mistakes in life. He doesn't want to give up the child. Maybe it serves or will serve as a constant reminder for him about lessons in life.

Na wa oOo.

Kudos to the OP. Check out SOS Villages around you and make sure enquiries. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Pavore9: 6:29am On May 31, 2020
dfrost:
All these questions posed at the OP aren't helping him at all.

Sometimes we need to sit back and give kudos for people to have courage and post their problems online for everyone to see. Some are passing through a lot of pain already.

Let's show a little love. It won't hurt. embarassed

We all make mistakes in life. He doesn't want to give up the child. Maybe it serves or will serve as a constant reminder for him about lessons in life.

Na wa oOo.

Kudos to the OP. Check out SOS Villages around you and make sure enquiries. Shalom.

I think it is appropriate to ask of the baby's mother. We all know that for example, if a man is seen in a bus carrying a baby without a female partner, the policeman who sights him will flag down the vehicle and question the man and ask of the child's biological mother.

SOS Villages or motherless babies homes, he must be ready to give detailed information about the child's birth, the child's mother and her family.
Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Amanee(f): 7:30am On May 31, 2020
Why is that the only option? You think you'll ever have a good relationship with your child if you're a visiting father? You're setting yourself up to be a stranger to your child and foster hatred in the mind of the child towards you.

LawBreaker:

5 Likes

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by dfrost: 8:33am On May 31, 2020
Pavore9:

I think it is appropriate to ask of the baby's mother. We all know that for example, if a man is seen in a bus carrying a baby without a female partner, the policeman who sights him will flag down the vehicle and question the man and ask of the child's biological mother.

SOS Villages or motherless babies homes, he must be ready to give detailed information about the child's birth, the child's mother and her family.

Hi Pavore9, longest time. How's Kenya and the family?

On the matter, when he gets there, they will surely ask him. We can't start probing him on Nairaland. My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Pavore9: 9:01am On May 31, 2020
dfrost:

Hi Pavore9, longest time. How's Kenya and the family?

On the matter, when he gets there, they will surely ask him. We can't start probing him on Nairaland. My opinion though.

We are good, thanks for asking.

I was asking based on what I experienced in the early 2000s when I was in Enugu. A guy took his one year old daughter to a motherless babies home and requested they take her in and willing to pay one year upkeep upfront. They asked for the daughter's mother, he said they were never married and the lady abandoned the child with him and went to live with another man in Ghana. They asked so many probing questions which made the guy uncomfortable and decided to leave with the daughter only to met by plain clothes policemen at the gate.

He was arrested and upon interrogation it was discovered he took his daughter away from his baby mama who was living in Nasarawa and he was about to travel out of the country. The daughter's mother came to Enugu to take child and I recall the guy was remanded at the Enugu prison.

Naturally, a single guy with a baby raises eyebrow.

10 Likes

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Nobody: 11:17am On May 31, 2020
The baby's mother. I want to relieve her of the responsibilities so she can move on with her life. As I am not ready to marry her and leaving the lady to take care of the child is gonna tie her down, as per her potential suitors and all that. So that is why I want to employ the services of foster care homes to assist while I pay for their services. Not a bad idea, huh
Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Foodqueen(f): 11:26am On May 31, 2020
LawBreaker:
The baby's mother. I want to relieve her of the responsibilities so she can move on with her life. As I am not ready to marry her and leaving the lady to take care of the child is gonna tie her down, as per her potential suitors and all that. So that is why I want to employ the services of foster care homes to assist while I pay for their services. Not a bad idea, huh

Is she in agreement with you on this

1 Like

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Pemivy01(f): 11:52am On May 31, 2020
Why do you give birth to children you are not ready to care for? Why ? Why?
Why deny the innocent child of parental care and affection?

2 Likes

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by incogni2o: 11:54am On May 31, 2020
LawBreaker:

Am a single father

how old is your child.

you can get a foster parent.

where do you reside.

let's talk.
Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 31, 2020
Pemivy01:
Why do you give birth to children you are not ready to care for? Why ? Why?
Why deny the innocent child of parental care and affection?

It was not intentional, sister
Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 31, 2020
incogni2o:

how old is your child.

you can get a foster parent.

where do you reside.

let's talk.

The child is yet to be born, she is gonna give birth in October, but am making arrangements. Am in Anambra

1 Like

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Pavore9: 1:36pm On May 31, 2020
LawBreaker:

The child is yet to be born, she is gonna give birth in October, but am making arrangements. Am in Anambra

Yet to be born and you are already making such arrangements? It is not your prerogative no matter how "noble", that child when born will have you, his/her mother, relatives on both paternal and maternal sides.

3 Likes

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by UjuJoan2: 1:43pm On May 31, 2020
LawBreaker:

Am a single father

So?

Why not leave the child with the mother if you are not ready to take up thay responsibility?
Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 31, 2020
UjuJoan2:

So?

Why not leave the child with the mother if you are not ready to take up thay responsibility?

I want the child. The mother agreed that she is gonna let me have him. She said she will allow me take her after five years. But I disagreed cuz by then it is gonna be complicated and she agreed. I want him at a tender age. I will take him to the motherless, when he is of age I will take him to come and leave with me and I will take care of him.
Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Biancah(f): 3:04pm On May 31, 2020
LawBreaker:

I want the child. The mother agreed that she is gonna let me have him. She said she will allow me take her after five years. But I disagreed cuz by then it is gonna be complicated and she agreed. I want him at a tender age. I will take him to the motherless, when he is of age I will take him to come and leave with me and I will take care of him.
Why don't you leave the child with the mother, since she is ready to take care of him till he is 5. Is being in a foster home better than letting his mom take care of him ?
If you won't take care of the baby by yourself, leave the baby with his mother till he is five then you can go and take him. Stop being so selfish.

10 Likes

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Pavore9: 3:23pm On May 31, 2020
LawBreaker:

I suspect the mental health status of both you and the soon to be mother! I am beginning to think this is a fake story.

8 Likes

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On May 31, 2020
LawBreaker:

It is a horrible idea... a child is not a robot. It has a brain, a heart like you do and it feels and bleeds like you. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On May 31, 2020
LawBreaker:
You believe it will be too complicated for you to take the child from its mother after 5 years? But you think that having the child raised in foster care during that same period or longer is a much better option? undecided undecided undecided
Were you raised in a similar manner? Is that why you feel it is OK to do this to a child? undecided undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Ulunne777(f): 7:06pm On May 31, 2020
He who has shoes has no legs the ones with legs can't afford shoes.

Okwa nkea ppl are paying millions to have?

1 Like

Re: Taking Your Baby To Motherless Home by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 31, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stinking Pussies: Women Learn Your Hygiene! / How To "Emasculate" A Man / Photo: Nigerian Woman, Temitope Adebamiro Kills Cheating Husband In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.