Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,056 members, 7,956,945 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:24 PM

The 10 Commandments Can No Longer Save, Obedience To Jesus Does - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 10 Commandments Can No Longer Save, Obedience To Jesus Does (145 Views)

Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 10 Commandments Can No Longer Save, Obedience To Jesus Does by davidinchrist(m): 8:14pm On May 30, 2020
I thought I'd just use this to help enlighten those still relying on the LAW/Old Covenant: the Ten Commandments; COMPULSORY Tithing/Holy days/Sabbath days/Holidays; Church Traditions/Rules/Routines and Activities, etc to be Saved or Please God in general.

The New testament is VERY CLEAR on this subject; and for THOSE who have EAR to HEAR:

PAUL (Apostle of Jesus)

He said he was BLAMELESS/PERFECT SERVING UNDER the Law, BUT later he had to COUNT the LIFE UNDER the Law as LOSS:

Philippians 3:6-7 KJV
[6] Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the RIGHTEOUSNESS which is in THE LAW, BLAMELESS.

[7] But what things were gain to me, those I COUNTED LOSS for Christ.

ANOTHER Man:
Luke 18:18 KJV
And a CERTAIN RULER (**A faithful KEEPER of the LAW) asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit ETERNAL LIFE?

Luke 18:19-22 KJV
And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is , God.

[20] Thou KNOWEST the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

[21] And he said, ALL these have I kept from my youth up.

[22] Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet LACKEST THOU ONE THING: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, FOLLOW ME.

"FOLLOW ME" IS THE ANSWER: TO FOLLOW JESUS IN OBEDIENCE as a Disciple:

Matthew 22:35-40 KJV
Then one of them, which was a LAWYER, asked him a question , TEMPTING HIM, and saying, [36] Master, which is the GREAT Commandment in the LAW?

[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt LOVE the Lord thy God with ALL thy heart, and with ALL thy soul, and with ALL thy mind.

**[38] This is the FIRST and GREAT commandment.

**[39] And the SECOND is like unto it, Thou shalt LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF.

***[40] On these TWO Commandments HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

PLEASE CHEW VERY WELL ON VERSE 40: JESUS AS SUMMARIZED THE WHOLE LAW TO: LOVE GOD WITH YOUR WHOLE LIFE, AND LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR.

LASTLY:

***Matthew 5:20 KJV
For I say unto you, That EXCEPT your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the SCRIBES AND PHARISEES (**people under the LAW), ye shall in NO CASE ENTER INTO the Kingdom of Heaven.

In conclusion, following of being a DISCIPLE of Jesus is the way to please God, and enter His Kingdom.

Galatians 5:4,18 KJV
Christ is become of NO EFFECT unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the LAW; YE ARE FALLEN FROM GRACE.

[18] But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are NOT UNDER the Law.

(Note: If you still disagree with this writing, no problem. I don't need to prove anything to anyone.)

See Also:

If You Are Still Under The Law/Old Covenant, You Have Zero Hope In Christ -
https://www.nairaland.com/5844877/still-under-law-old-covenant

Two Types Of Preachers -
https://www.nairaland.com/5877652/two-types-preachers

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: The 10 Commandments Can No Longer Save, Obedience To Jesus Does by davidinchrist(m): 11:16am On May 31, 2020
Romans 10:4 KJV
For Christ is the END of the Law for RIGHTEOUSNESS to every one that BELIEVETH.

(1) (Reply)

Healing Of Foundation / The First Thing That Needs Doing To Avoid DEAD WORKS / On Sin And Condemnation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.