Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Audi S8 2007 - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Audi S8 2007 (5794 Views)

Checkout How This Audi R8 Was Transformed In Nigeria (photos) / Audi Ditches Russian Doll Car Design So That You Can Differentiate All Its Model / Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Audi S8 2007 by greatbrian(m): 11:46am On May 31, 2020
oginga:
@ op, Audi is generally a nice car but continously enjoying the ride in Nigeria depends on regular service, original parts and experience of your mechanic. In my own case I have an Audi A6 manual gearbox, year 2005 and only one mechanic do the service of my car in Nigeria. The guy is good in fixing German cars, more-so he prefers you get original parts before he work on your machine.

In terms of fuel consumption, I drive on full thanks from Lagos to Agbor before I think of topping up my tank again. Though I used my Audi A6 for three years in Germany before shipping it to Nigeria as my back up car and I never for a minute regretted it, as it never developed fault nor stopped on the road both home and abroad.
I don't know about S8 but I believe you have a fair understanding of Audi cars through the previous one you used.

You like an S8 go for it ... Sir if you can afford it and some extra cash for servicing please go for it. Just pray to be lucky enough to buy a good car with less problem. I have seen people who bought Japanese cars and regretted it, same applies to everyone out there. Just weigh up your options in terms of mechanic, original parts and accessories plus your source of income... Good luck sir.

Talking of your mechanic sir, I intend restoring the A4 back to default and perhaps having a trustee and experienced hand who knows what is doing. Once you get a value for what you spend, I believe that's all that matters. Spoke to deltel sef, no S8 on auction at the moment nd just one on copart and one on iaai
Re: Audi S8 2007 by ivoryhouse(m): 12:48pm On May 31, 2020
greatbrian:

Talking of your mechanic sir, I intend restoring the A4 back to default and perhaps having a trustee and experienced hand who knows what is doing. Once you get a value for what you spend, I believe that's all that matters. Spoke to deltel sef, no S8 on auction at the moment nd just one on copart and one on iaai
Have you checked eBay?
Re: Audi S8 2007 by greatbrian(m): 1:30pm On May 31, 2020
ivoryhouse:

Have you checked eBay?

Nope. But can you share your mechanic info perhaps if he his goof as you say he might have a customer with me
Re: Audi S8 2007 by Billiebaba(m): 2:36pm On May 31, 2020
greatbrian:

Its not about poor people. Most people dnt count Audi as cars and won't even know what is in ur hood or how much it cost. You can say the same about Toyota products which can easily be guessed talking of the price.

and about the pocket, i have resolved to getting a very high tech Car scanner so once I see any issue surface, I scan and know xup. That way I can know what am spending on not some guess work and blind believing.
It's important to note that scanning the car does not tell you exactly what the problem is it just give you a clue of what's wrong with your car, proper diagnosis is the only way of finding faults and repairing it. I'm an auto tech and I can help fix your car back to manufacturer's spec
Re: Audi S8 2007 by uboma(m): 7:01pm On May 31, 2020
greatbrian:

It might be impossible to achieve your goal (in bold above) especially as there are less competent hands to handle it.
Re: Audi S8 2007 by DelTel(m): 8:27pm On May 31, 2020
ivoryhouse:

Have you checked eBay?

Yes, the year model we want is not available there as well.

Re: Audi S8 2007 by Sualcatnas(m): 9:54am On Jun 06, 2020
What’s location, I’m an automobile electrician for Volkswagen & Audi cars, you can call on me on 08114735736 (MicoMero’s Volkswagen)

greatbrian:

Nope. But can you share your mechanic info perhaps if he his goof as you say he might have a customer with me
Re: Audi S8 2007 by Niell(m): 12:03pm On Jun 06, 2020
Go for it but then you have to take whatever it is you know about maintaining a normal car and flush it down the toilet. Please read the owner manual; know the maitainance schedules and the proper specifications of what to use. Find a mechanic that understands and specializes in fixing Audi or Volkswagen cars.
You need to understand that according to records the audi isn't as reliable as Toyota and Honda but one gets tired of seeing hundreds of those everyday. It also isn't high off the ground-about 4 inches or so. Comes with a timing chain and parts can be a little expensive. You should check out the LS 460. It's a worthy contender.

1 Like

Re: Audi S8 2007 by Niell(m): 12:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
DelTel:

Yes, the year model we want is not available there as well.
check carsforsale.com. To make it easier just google 2007 S8 carsforsale.
Re: Audi S8 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
Niell:
Go for it but then you have to take whatever it is you know about maintaining a normal car and flush it down the toilet. Please read the owner manual; know the maitainance schedules and the proper specifications of what to use. Find a mechanic that understands and specializes in fixing Audi or Volkswagen cars.
You need to understand that according to records the audi isn't as reliable as Toyota and Honda but one gets tired of seeing hundreds of those everyday. It also isn't high off the ground-about 4 inches or so. Comes with a timing chain and parts can be a little expensive. You should check out the LS 460. It's a worthy contender.

What's wrong with a timing chain.
Re: Audi S8 2007 by Niell(m): 12:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

What's wrong with a timing chain.
nothing really. Just harder and more expensive to fix. It does take a long time before it gets damaged...if at all it does.
Re: Audi S8 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
Niell:
nothing really. Just harder and more expensive to fix. It does take a long time before it gets damaged...if at all it does.

Lol, timing chains are universally considered to be better than belts. Almost all modern cars use chains, not sure how you could possibly spin that to be a pseudo-negative thing.

1 Like

Re: Audi S8 2007 by Niell(m): 12:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, timing chains are universally considered to be better than belts. Almost all modern cars use chains, not sure how you could possibly spin that to be a pseudo-negative thing.
I know that. In fact it might be one of the things you never have to worry about as it can last the cars "life time". My point is it would most definitely be more expensive to repair when it gets damaged. I made that very clear up there "...if at all it does"

1 Like

Re: Audi S8 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
Niell:
I know that. In fact it might be one of the things you never have to worry about as it can last the cars "life time". My point is it would most definitely be more expensive to repair when it gets damaged. I made that very clear up there "...if at all it does"

Fair enough.
Re: Audi S8 2007 by DelTel(m): 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
Niell:
check carsforsale.com. To make it easier just google 2007 S8 carsforsale.

Bros, those vehicles are not here o, around #5m to buy alone (trucking, freight not inclusive) when we can get for less than #2m at both known auctions. Carsforsale is mostly for US citizens/residents, reason the options of monthly payments and financing available.

Re: Audi S8 2007 by oride: 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2020
Try autotempest.com
Re: Audi S8 2007 by DelTel(m): 11:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
oride:
Try autotempest.com

That's an affiliate of cars.com, eBay, etc; no be here prices please.

Re: Audi S8 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:07am On Jun 07, 2020
DelTel:

That's an affiliate of cars.com, eBay, etc; no be here prices please.

Seems like a bad time to buy cars. Most people are indoors, much fewer accidents, so very few auction listings.
Re: Audi S8 2007 by Niell(m): 11:34am On Jun 07, 2020
Try auctionexport.com. The S8 is rare so you might not get exactly what you want. Why not go for the A8, its adequately powerful.
Re: Audi S8 2007 by DelTel(m): 11:54am On Jun 07, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Seems like a bad time to buy cars. Most people are indoors, much fewer accidents, so very few auction listings.

You have succinctly put it.

Conversely, the month of April was very grin.

1 Like

Re: Audi S8 2007 by DelTel(m): 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2020
Niell:
Try auctionexport.com. The S8 is rare so you might not get exactly what you want. Why not go for the A8, its adequately powerful.

The firm doesn't have their own auction or vehicles; it is a licensed buyer from copart just like I am and anyone can be, including you.
Re: Audi S8 2007 by Niell(m): 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
DelTel:

The firm doesn't have their own auction or vehicles; it is a licensed buyer from copart just like I am and anyone can be, including you.
A Little off the line but Well, it seems you've got everything mapped out and well sorted. Good luck.
Re: Audi S8 2007 by DelTel(m): 5:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
Niell:
A Little off the line but Well, it seems you've got everything mapped out and well sorted. Good luck.

Apologies if you find it off-the-line, wasn't my intention.

I was only trying to explain why would I go thru a 3rd party when I can do it myself.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Audi S8 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
DelTel:

You have succinctly put it.

Conversely, the month of April was very grin.

Wonder when things will pick back up. I should be in the market in a few months. sad

Rental car companies seem to be selling off most of their stock too, so this should get used car prices down hopefully!
Re: Audi S8 2007 by DelTel(m): 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Wonder when things will pick back up. I should be in the market in a few months. sad

Rental car companies seem to be selling off most of their stock too, so this should get used car prices down hopefully!

Certainly as economic activities pick up over there.

Unfortunately, we can't say with certainty for oil price which is affecting our FX rate. Hopefully, the financial analysts/economists will be wrong for our own sake (though reality shows otherwise).
Re: Audi S8 2007 by greatbrian(m): 10:02pm On Jun 08, 2020
DelTel:

Certainly as economic activities pick up over there.

Unfortunately, we can't say with certainty for oil price which is affecting our FX rate. Hopefully, the financial analysts/economists will be wrong for our own sake (though reality shows otherwise).

No luck yet I suppose. I hope this all gets sorted out before August.
Re: Audi S8 2007 by DelTel(m): 10:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
greatbrian:

Most likely, I am optimistic.
Re: Audi S8 2007 by excessmon(m): 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2020
I have this feeling that op doesn’t even understand what he is talking about. He said the Audi series doesn’t speak class as much as Benz or bmw, pls go and check well

The Audi has the greatest review when it comes to class that is why most people can’t even afford it..... Audi owners don’t go for fairly used cars, they drive it brand new and don’t complain as much as you do......

I’m sure you can’t maintain one so try buy the one you can maintain
Re: Audi S8 2007 by DelTel(m): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
greatbrian:

Greetings,

Trust you doing fantastic.

Please get in touch.

Regards.
Re: Audi S8 2007 by chiefbuchiV12(m): 10:48am On Sep 20, 2020
excessmon:
I have this feeling that op doesn’t even understand what he is talking about. He said the Audi series doesn’t speak class as much as Benz or bmw, pls go and check well

The Audi has the greatest review when it comes to class that is why most people can’t even afford it..... Audi owners don’t go for fairly used cars, they drive it brand new and don’t complain as much as you do......

I’m sure you can’t maintain one so try buy the one you can maintain
Try to read and comprehend before commenting...

2 Likes

Re: Audi S8 2007 by greatbrian(m): 12:44pm On Oct 18, 2020
Already opted for an A6 2010. All thanks to Deltel Car should land November. My A4 Is also in a perfect condition though have seen the best of the ride in less than a year. Dine 180/200km on it and nothing to look out for again or try.

Thanks yall

Cc nurey heavenlybang cheifbuchiv12 uboma

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Using A Nigerian Car With Nigerian Licence Plates In Ghana / FKJ346BT - See Face Of A Hit And Run Driver / Ford Edge, How Good Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.