Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,683 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? (3660 Views)

Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k / It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by wisdomiskey(m): 8:17pm On May 30, 2020
In light of all the racial ruckus in America, if one was to consider moving back home, what can $30,000 do for you in Nigeria in terms of property, lifestyle and business?
Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Theconglomerate(m): 8:28pm On May 30, 2020
wisdomiskey:
In light of all the racial ruckus in America, if one was to consider moving back home, what can $30,000 do for you in Nigeria in terms of property, lifestyle and business?
$30k is like 13m in today's naira.
If you are use to trade,this will go a long way.
Property,I doubt because you may hardly find something for that price that might resemble what you are use to in America.
But with like $65k,you might get or erect a average 2 storey building in say owerri preferably or Aba that can yield 2.5m yearly.
With this you can use the first rent for any business you can afford and understand pending when you get more capital from rent the subsequent year to expand.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Resees: 3:02am On May 31, 2020
wisdomiskey:
Move to Ghana instead.
Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by sweetmelanin(f): 5:01am On May 31, 2020
Resees:

Move to Ghana instead.

..but Ghana is pretty much the same with Nigeria.. maybe even worse because a Nigerian returnee has no ties; friends or family there..

8 Likes

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by chinebu(m): 6:46am On May 31, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Hustle more because that money is nothing if you are relocating to naija. You can buy a flat in festac minimum 20000$. Then you need to put it in good shape and finish it to befit you. All the money is gone by the time you are done.

1 Like

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Evidenx(m): 9:39am On May 31, 2020
wisdomiskey:
IT DEPENDS ON YOUR OWN LIFE STYLE AND THE CITY YOU WANT TO STAY IN.

WITH THAT AMOUNT YOU CAN RENT A GOOD ACCOMMODATION AND PAY FOR TWO OR THREE YEARS, THEN START A BUSINESS WITH THE REST,
TO ME YOU ARE GOOD TO GO... BUT IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUYING A HOUSE OF YOUR OWN THEN HUSTLE MORE BECOS THAT AMOUNT WILL NOT BE ENOUGH TO BUY A HOUSE AND START A BUSINESS.
Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Resees: 9:44am On May 31, 2020
wisdomiskey:
When do you plan to move back? State in Nigeria you are planing to settle in?
Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by HoliMaree: 10:35am On May 31, 2020
There are some States where that $30K will turn you to an Emperor. In those places cost of living is very low. Do your research, come , establish a farming business i.e poultry, animal farm, piggery, cash crop farming, any thing you can think of.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by wisdomiskey(m): 10:49am On May 31, 2020
Resees:

When do you plan to move back? State in Nigeria you are planing to settle in?

By next year ... Lagos or Abuja
Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Resees: 10:53am On May 31, 2020
wisdomiskey:

By next year ... Lagos or Abuja
Im planing to relocate back too
Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:18am On May 31, 2020
But you guys should have been gradually putting things down in Nigeria while still abroad, as long as you have a trusted family member around.

As a doctor practising in the UAE, I still run a hospital in Nigeria,and have other businesses, which I visit once every 6 months to peep into.

Don't completely turn your back on your country when you travel, as you may be forced to permanently come home one day.

$30,000 won't be enough to settle in Nigeria, if you have not been investing all these while.
Assuming you already have like 3 to 5 plots of lands in addition to that money, you would be better off, as you could sell some of the lands to help develop the others or open some businesses.

Still hustle more, bros, as you're not yet ready to permanently come back.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Resees: 11:53am On May 31, 2020
I always wanted to live a simple farming life like we have here on the country side but ddue to racism i have decided to build such life back home.How much would i need to do such?
Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by TrueNigerian300: 11:53am On May 31, 2020
wisdomiskey:
I am a strong advocate of people going back home once they have the resources to maintain themselves. But to be candid that money if it is all you got is small for someone who has lived abroad to live a decent or equivalent life in Nigeria. Unless you have a business you can fall back on or a good or average job that will allow you to plan and settle well.
This is what I expect all Nigerians to think about as it is becoming glaring that the western nation might not be kind to us as we expect. I have not experienced racism myself but I have seen what people call institutionalised racism. I am not a fan of complaining about things I will rather try to find solution to my situation instead of complaining.
What happened to that guy is inhumane and could have happened to anyone. But the solution is not about wailing Black Lives Matter the solution we should look for is how to fix our own country too so we stop being slaves to the west. We can cry from now till tomorrow racism will never stop as far as we go to the west as economic refuges. Black people are like the beggar of the world today and the solution is to stop being the beggar but the provider so we can sit on the same table with them economically and socially. To team travel abroad for your children when you are doing better for yourself in Nigeria I hope you can see what is going on.
My advice to you is set reasonable target for yourself work to save towards it and get your ass back home. No place like home bro. All the best to you.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Resees: 11:57am On May 31, 2020
I was thinking of Ghana due to electricity and low crime but heard they suck too with discrimination well home it is then.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Resees: 12:01pm On May 31, 2020
TrueNigerian300:

I am a strong advocate of people going back home once they have the resources to maintain themselves. But to be candid that money if it is all you got is small for someone who has lived abroad to live a decent or equivalent life in Nigeria. Unless you have a business you can fall back on or a good or average job that will allow you to plan and settle well.
This is what I expect all Nigerians to think about as it is becoming glaring that the western nation might not be kind to us as we expect. I have not experienced racism myself but I have seen what people call institutionalised racism. I am not a fan of complaining about things I will rather try to find solution to my situation instead of complaining.
What happened to that guy is inhumane and could have happened to anyone. But the solution is not about wailing Black Lives Matter the solution we should look for is how to fix our own country too so we stop being slaves to the west. We can cry from now till tomorrow racism will never stop as far as we go to the west as economic refuges. Black people are like the beggar of the world today and the solution is to stop being the beggar but the provider so we can sit on the same table with them economically and socially. To team travel abroad for your children when you are doing better for yourself in Nigeria I hope you can see what is going on.
My advice to you is set reasonable target for yourself work to save towards it and get your ass back home. No place like home bro. All the best to you.
Yea im tired of being a beggar and a pest to the western world..There are more to life than money and fancy things man.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by kolnel: 12:42pm On May 31, 2020
I will rather face the discrimination here than relocate and get kidnapped
My homie from Boston went to Lagos, shot at several times, he missed death by a whisker, and the truth is apart from work discrimination being a nurse, have not experienced any hard core discrimination since I realized I’m black

2 Likes

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Resees: 12:53pm On May 31, 2020
kolnel:
I will rather face the discrimination here than relocate and get kidnapped
My homie from Boston went to Lagos, shot at several times, he missed death by a whisker, and the truth is apart from work discrimination being a nurse, have not experienced any hard core discrimination since I realized I’m black
Lmaoo
Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Theconglomerate(m): 1:32pm On May 31, 2020
TrueNigerian300:

You think they don't know this?
All those abroad shouting sane environment and all that are just a paycheck away from being evicted from that cubicle they manage in and the cleaning job they do.
Everyone that has money abroad knows that he has to invest in Nigeria and starts planning his relocation from the get go.
I read the OPs story and it seems he has been trying to invest his money in Nigeria but his people keeps squandering his money.
Now that is something I will never do as a person,never!

5 Likes

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Resees: 1:44pm On May 31, 2020
Theconglomerate:
You think they don't know this?
All those abroad shouting sane environment and all that are just a paycheck away from being evicted from that cubicle they manage in and the cleaning job they do.
Everyone that has money abroad knows that he has to invest in Nigeria and starts planning his relocation from the get go.
I read the OPs story and it seems he has been trying to invest his money in Nigeria but his people keeps squandering his money.
Now that is something I will never do as a person,never!
Is it possible to move back without people knowing?
Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by justwise(m): 1:56pm On May 31, 2020
wisdomiskey:

You think home is safe for you? Police kill more Nigerians and you will not see any protest as you seeing in America today.

Yes that amount is more than enough to move back home but not to buy a house and live a high life but to rent and start up a business then give yourself the next 1-2 yrs to how things turns out.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by kastgeraldino: 2:07pm On May 31, 2020
That's why I laugh when most people complain about racism in the US. Is it worse than the tribalism in Naija that shuts you out almost completely from many opportunities? Or should we mention nepotism angle? OP, gladly come back if your family is well connected, belong to the right tribe and are among the elites. Else, endure whatever pain you're enduring cos you'd still endure pain either way. I went to college in the US so I have an idea what you may be going through.

justwise:

You think home is safe for you? Police kill more Nigerians and you will not see any protest as you seeing today in America today.

Yes that amount is more than enough to move back home but not to buy a house and live a high life but to rent and start up a business then give yourself the next 1-2 yrs to how things turns out.

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Theconglomerate(m): 2:09pm On May 31, 2020
Resees:

Is it possible to move back without people knowing?
Yes o,it depends on you.
If you are not ostentatious and loud,how would people know?

1 Like

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Resees: 2:10pm On May 31, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Yes o,it depends on you.
If you are not ostentatious and loud,how would people know?
Ok sounds good.
Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Resees: 2:15pm On May 31, 2020
kastgeraldino:
That's why I laugh when most people complain about racism in the US. Is it worse than the tribalism in Naija that shuts you out almost completely from many opportunities? Or should we mention nepotism angle? OP, gladly come back if your family is well connected, belong to the right tribe and are among the elites. Else, endure whatever pain you're enduring cos you'd still endure pain either way. I went to college in the US so I have an idea what you may be going through.

you are in your fathers land with enough money saved and own your own business i dont think you will feel the tribalism ..I grew up in Nigeria and never felt it i dont think i will feel it now that i have enough cash to live a good life.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Theconglomerate(m): 2:18pm On May 31, 2020
Resees:
you are in your fathers land with enough money saved and own your own business i dont think you will feel the tribalism ..I grew up in Nigeria and never felt it i dont think i will feel it now that i have enough cash to live a good life.
Tribalism is only peddled by poor people.
You are very right.
If you've got money in Nigeria,your circle wouldn't even warrant dirt poor tribalistic people to be in,in the first place.
The only thing holding Nigeria back is poverty and I think The government has now woken up to western bullying.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Resees: 2:20pm On May 31, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Tribalism is only peddled
by poor people.
You are very right.
If you've got money in Nigeria,your circle wouldn't even warrant dirt poor tribalistic people to be in,in the first place.
The only thing holding Nigeria back is poverty and I think The government has now woken up to western bullying.
Yes oo
Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by kastgeraldino: 2:25pm On May 31, 2020
I hear you Mr Elite

Theconglomerate:
Tribalism is only peddled by poor people.
You are very right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? / The Easiest Shenghen Country To Secure Visa From Nigeria / Indian Visa Costs $252....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.