Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? (3664 Views)

Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k / It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by Mancala: 9:47pm On Jun 01, 2020
wisdomiskey:
In light of all the racial ruckus in America, if one was to consider moving back home, what can $30,000 do for you in Nigeria in terms of property, lifestyle and business?

I don't know how long you've been out of Nigeria or how old you are, but things may be a lot different than when you left. Like some have rightly said, moving back to Nigeria should be a gradual process and you need a well defined plan to make it work. When you develop a plan, you will know if $30k is enough for the transition. In my opinion, the best way to move back is with a guaranteed income stream from a 401k, investments or soc security, or better yet, a combination of all. Earning a living in Nigeria is not an easy task if you're used to the way things work in the Western world. I myself will not do it. My counsel to you would be the following. Stay a few more years in the U.S. and build or buy a property in Nigeria. That removes the wahala of renting a property. You may decide to get something that could double as a source of rental income. Develop a stream of guaranteed income in the US so that you are not beholden to whatever venture you decide to dabble in within Nigeria. This way, you would have eliminated a lot of risk involved in moving back home. I myself will move back someday, but with all of the things described above. I will also have the option to go back for healthcare and other reasons, like Mr EgunMogaji2 grin

Having said that, don't be distraught with the current racial ruckus in America. Things do not look good right now and may not look like they are changing for the better fast enough, but you need to look at where the country is coming from to understand how far its come. You can't deny that the trajectory has been generally moving forward and the future appears better then the present. Nigeria on the other hand cannot say the same. Our past appears brighter than our future outlook and that's putting it mildly.

1 Like

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by kastgeraldino: 10:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DonroxyII:
Imagine Nigerians saying 30k deols na small money
Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by InvertedHammer: 4:08am On Jun 02, 2020
wisdomiskey:

That's my problem too. I tend to get frustrated with Nigeria after 3 weeks - a month.

It's just the current global crisis making me reconsider relocating. The honest truth is I don't feel secure in the white man's land any longer - I just want the best for my kids to come.

Hope it won't backfire if I go ahead. Nigeria too has it's own issues lipsrsealed
/.
The good thing about US is that there are many places you can live and raise your kids comfortably. Move to more tolerant (or so-called democratic/red) states.

If still in doubt, go and stay in Nigeria for 6 months consistently. You will be reminded why you left in the first place. You will stop living and start managing life.
\
Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by wisdomiskey(m): 6:23am On Jun 02, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/.
The good thing about US is that there are many places you can live and raise your kids comfortably. Move to more tolerant (or so-called democratic/red) states.

If still in doubt, go and stay in Nigeria for 6 months consistently. You will be reminded why you left in the first place. You will stop living and start managing life.
\

Hmmm. Food for thought.

@Mancala & DonroxyII ... thanks for your input also.. great advice.

1 Like

Re: Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? by HoliMaree: 7:45am On Jun 02, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/.
\

You don't know him how can you predict his reaction? typical narrow thinking, you don't know me but you know how I will react to things based on your own limits

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Visa! Visa! Visa! / Flight To Saint Kitts And Nevis / I Want To Go Azerbaijan (pls Your Views)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.