Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) (63412 Views)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Massacre Was A Series Of Shootings And Murders Wh / Beautiful Aerial Pictures Of The University Of Benin / Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Olisehinnocent: 10:49pm On May 31, 2020
Am proud of be Greatife product!!! Another Greatife is a counterfeit!!!
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by tonididdy(m): 11:01pm On May 31, 2020
lablonclacla:
Lol......the editing has distorted the pictures. No doubt OAU has some of the most beautiful architectural buildings but due to lack of maintenance, they are becoming shadows of themselves. Most haven't been painted for decades. Reason is why UI and UNILAG are far ahead.

Take for example no hostel in UNILAG or UI can ever be this bad and unkempt like these ones in the first two pictures. Now compare this to the worst hostel in unilag Enijoku from the last two pictures and see what i am talking about.

Modified: Heard most of the hostels have been renovated and are now habitable. A good one i must admit. I will appreciate if i can get pictures of the new look.

don't even mention.
the name yoloba is synonymous to dirt.
am sorry but I can't live with them.
still can't forget the day I caught one peeing into the sink... a sink.
anyway other than that they are lively people.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Basic123: 11:02pm On May 31, 2020
Onlyonebuhari:

U just made me laugh, UI can't stand OAU in all aspects except one; the Medical school.
I know everything about UI
You sound like a 16yr old 100level student of OAU grin

when you grow up,come back

If you know U.I very well,you will know that U.I electrification is underG.

Also,your first and second VC were just ordinary professor in U.I when OAU was established just like 1/2 of U.I man power was dashed to unilag after establishment.UNILORIN itself was a college to U I.You can only be comparing yourself with the likes of UNILORIN, UNILAG,UNN and ABU not U.I.

U.I is in a league of her own!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by petrage(m): 11:02pm On May 31, 2020
semitunde:
Probably the only school in Nigeria with it's own dam, central water treatment plant, and central sewage treatment system with its own oxidation pond. I've not seen this combo anywhere else in the country.
ABU have all of these U mentioned. In term of Landscape, I would give it to this school but in infrastructure, ABU is ahead.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by andrewtosin(m): 11:02pm On May 31, 2020
Greetings to you my lady smiley
Delite01:
My alma mater. Really missed the beautiful environment. Greetings to all OAU alumni

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by oneman2k7: 11:04pm On May 31, 2020
OAU is a city on his own

3 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by andrewtosin(m): 11:05pm On May 31, 2020
Hehehe.. How many roads Covenant University get? All the sum total of roads possessed by Covenant University cannot even be up-to road 1 from main gate to campus
hustla:

best road? LOL You never enter CU before
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by CodeTemplar: 11:06pm On May 31, 2020
sketcherJ:
Of the greatest Ife! My alma mater
Greatest indeed.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Okekeni90(m): 11:07pm On May 31, 2020
PVision2020:
Great Ife/2*
Africa's Most Beautiful Campus
Conscious, Vigilant, Progressive
Aluta against all Oppression
Forward Ever, Backward Never
For Learning and Culture, Sport and Struggle

Great Ife, I love you...

There is only one great Ife in the Universe Another great Ife is a counterfeit

Great/5*

Of the GREAAAATESSSST IFE
Ever Conscious Ife...

I rep White House, Awo Hall, IFE'14

I rep EDM, Awo Hall(block 4 room 105)
Make this Corona just allow person graduate abeg
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by CodeTemplar: 11:08pm On May 31, 2020
andrewtosin:
Hehehe.. How many roads Covenant University get? All the sum total of roads possessed by Covenant University cannot even be up-to road 1 from main gait to campus
Road network is a function of how big the premise is and the how far apart the building are. Land isn't a good check either because them dey dash federal schools like water.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by AllenSpencer: 11:08pm On May 31, 2020
Dilapidated University

The only things left of the institution is the old glory and dilapidated physical structures

Technically, its outdated!
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Basic123: 11:10pm On May 31, 2020
oneman2k7:
OAU is a city on his own
every university is

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by CodeTemplar: 11:11pm On May 31, 2020
Basic123:

You sound like a 16yr old 100level student of OAU grin

when you grow up,come back

If you know U.I very well,you will know that U.I electrification is underG.

Also,your first and second VC were just ordinary professor in U.I when OAU was established.You can only be comparing yourself with the likes of UNILAG,UNN and ABU not U.I
Hmmm....

The UI vs OAU supremacy battle is like Pasuma vs Osupa amongst Fuji faithfuls. It will still be alive 100 years from now walahi.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Ojugunrege(f): 11:12pm On May 31, 2020
Dpaulie:

...aluta against all oppression, forward ever, backward never...

For learning and culture, sports & struggle.
Great ife, great! I love you. There's only 1 great ife in the universe, another great ife is a counterfeit...
no dancing emoji on nairaland o grin
I rep Tech! kiss

But sha, I suffered for that school, spent 7 years to study a 5 year course without any extra years. embarassed and i have a doctor friend that spent 10years!

2 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by LincolnLynn(m): 11:12pm On May 31, 2020
AllenSpencer:
Dilapidated University

The only things left of the institution is the old glory and dilapidated physical structures

Technically, its outdated!
Go collect jamb form and stop hating.

3 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Drizzy5001(m): 11:13pm On May 31, 2020
Make una snap ANSU and unizik grin
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Okekeni90(m): 11:13pm On May 31, 2020
lablonclacla:
Lol......the editing has distorted the pictures. No doubt OAU has some of the most beautiful architectural buildings but due to lack of maintenance, they are becoming shadows of themselves. Most haven't been painted for decades. Reason is why UI and UNILAG are far ahead.

Take for example no hostel in UNILAG or UI can ever be this bad and unkempt like these ones in the first two pictures. Now compare this to the worst hostel in unilag Enijoku from the last two pictures and see what i am talking about.

Modified: Heard most of the hostels have been renovated and are now habitable. A good one i must admit. I will appreciate if i can get pictures of the new look.

Lol
Old pictures.
Prof. Ogunbodede have renovated those halls of residence since 2017/2018.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 11:13pm On May 31, 2020
fikky2013:
I am not a product a OAU, but I give it to them anyday anytime.

You are sighted ma..
For you to know that OAU is the most beautiful campus,then you must be beautiful...lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 11:16pm On May 31, 2020
bamidelee:

We know just two uni in Nigeria, OAU and others
My almata.
we lead others follow..
#ife has no rival....I dey with you bro
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by andrewtosin(m): 11:16pm On May 31, 2020
Which set?
Ojugunrege:

Great ife, great! I love you. There's only 1 great ife in the universe, another great ife is a counterfeit...
I rep Tech! kiss

But sha, I suffered for that school, spent 7 years to study a 5 year course without any extra years. embarassed and i have a doctor friend that spent 10years!

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 11:18pm On May 31, 2020
andrewtosin:
Which set?
7 years... really??
Anyway,I rep #Ifetech
I am a student of MSE(part 3) which department did you finished from?
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by AllenSpencer: 11:19pm On May 31, 2020
LincolnLynn:
Go collect jamb for and stop hating.

When did the truth become hate?

Deal with the truth.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by LastProphet: 11:20pm On May 31, 2020
Onlyonebuhari:

There is no University in Nigeria that can challenge OAU in academics and architecture.
You haven't heard of geology employment where the employer said first class and second class lower and only Ife third class geology can apply?

Maybe UI but you almost right, what I even liked most about the school is the enlightened behavior of both lecturers and students, everybody well dressed in neat and fitting attires. Lost admission attempt for computer engrg 1993 there cut off was 249 for kogi, the admission process very transparent. Yes was told Israelis built it, that mech engrg building "spider house" was a treat to behold then don't know of now
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 11:21pm On May 31, 2020
Chicastle:

You lead people swimming inside constant power supply?

And the classes in a dark place
We do have constant power supply on campus...
The university is trying to generate her Electricity directly from the dam on campus.....
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by andrewtosin(m): 11:23pm On May 31, 2020
The beauty of a road network partly varies directly as the size of the premises.
However, other factors, asides size of the premises, facilitate the beauty of a good road network like in the case of Covenant University.
CodeTemplar:
Road network is a function of how big the premise is and the how far apart the building are. Land isn't a good check either because them dey dash federal schools like water.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by adelaja70(m): 11:23pm On May 31, 2020
Proffessorr:

Learnt that Arieh Sharon, an Israeli architect designed the university..
YOU ARE RIGHT... A ONE TIME DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER OF ISRAEL. THE UNIVERSITY WAS A REPLICA OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN..
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 11:23pm On May 31, 2020
Temysteve:
justbe looking the beauty of my sch oo, but make sure say u dey extra Shana be thinking of picking the sch else ur eyes go see peppered for that ogba.
lol.exactly bro..OAU is a school for the academics giants..
I am part 3 student of Engineering..
The school mad like...tough questions,tough lecturers, stress,and alot to face

2 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Basic123: 11:26pm On May 31, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Hmmm....

The UI vs OAU supremacy battle is like Pasuma vs Osupa amongst Fuji faithfuls. It will still be alive 100 years from now walahi.
U I doesn't see you as a rival.

OAU is like a child to it..so also unilag,unilorin and ABU

may be convenant and university of Ghana

U.I has been rated as the best on 8 consecutive times be the times higher education ranking.

the first Nigerian university to be ranked from 300 to 600 in the whole word.

OAU wasn't even in the first 1000 then!
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by andrewtosin(m): 11:26pm On May 31, 2020
IfeAdmin
yusman14:
7 years... really??
Anyway,I rep #Ifetech
I am a student of MSE(part 3) which department did you finish from?
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by adelaja70(m): 11:27pm On May 31, 2020
LastProphet:

Maybe UI but you almost right, what I even liked most about the school is the enlightened behavior of both lecturers and students, everybody well dressed in neat and fitting attires. Lost admission attempt for computer engrg 1993 there cut off was 249 for kogi, the admission process very transparent. Yes was told Israelis built it, that mech engrg building "spider house" was a treat to behold then don't know of now
I THINK OAU IS THE ONLY UNIVERSITY THAT ESTABLISHED.. MUSEUM OF NATURAL SCIENCES.. TO ENTER YOU MUST PAY O, NOT FREE.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Okekeni90(m): 11:29pm On May 31, 2020
Ojugunrege:

I rep Tech! kiss

The calendar was very slow before the appointment of Prof. Elujoba and prof. Ogunbodede as VC. But things are better now.
At least some of us that were admitted in 2015 are now in 500 level.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by dejavuh0007(m): 11:32pm On May 31, 2020
Na this OAU I b won go that year for 2010. Thank God I didn't follow through on admission processing, maybe na this year I for just dey graduate grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

If You Can Solve This Maths, A Financial Institution Should Employ You. / Cultist Clash: 9 Students Shot Dead In Abia State University (ABSU) / Colonialism, Positive Or Negative Influences?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.