Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) (63392 Views)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Massacre Was A Series Of Shootings And Murders Wh / Beautiful Aerial Pictures Of The University Of Benin / Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by adelaja70(m): 11:33pm On May 31, 2020
hustla:

best road? LOL You never enter CU before
YOU know how many roads dey OAU? MAKE I NO TALK

2 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Okekeni90(m): 11:35pm On May 31, 2020
Proffessorr:

Learnt that Arieh Sharon, an Israeli architect designed the university..

You're right.

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by nextdoor84(m): 11:37pm On May 31, 2020
officialsaw01:
Great Ife! Great Ife!! African Most Beautiful Campus Conscious, Vigilant, Progressive Aluta.... I Rep Fajuite

You must be very sick in the head! Have you ever been to the University of Pretoria, Wits University, University of Capetown or Makarere University?

Sometimes it's just better to remain silent and let you guys fool yourself! Africa most beautiful campus ko, most clinical campus nii.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by foleskay(m): 11:38pm On May 31, 2020
pongwa:
Great Ife Great Ife
Africa's most beautiful campus
We are conscious vigilant progressives
Aluta against all oppression
Forward ever backward never
For learning and culture
Sport and struggle
Great Ife(mogbe)
I love you
There's only one great Ife in the universe
Another great Ife is a counterfeit
Great(5x).............
Lol. So people attended oau to learn and later struggle in life, judging by your sch motto. No wonder many oau students are jobless despite being brilliant. I now see why.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Deloo: 11:38pm On May 31, 2020
OAU is like a girl wey fine and wey get academic brain join. Av bin to other schools, I respect OAU for aesthetic beauty and intimidating academic pedigree.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 11:43pm On May 31, 2020
BrainRider:
Where is the beauty?
I only saw pictures highly fortified with colours
kindly visit the school and see with your eyes.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by foleskay(m): 11:45pm On May 31, 2020
Benwallt:
That akintecture is marvelous
Yes, the ''akintecture is indeed marvelous ''. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by foleskay(m): 11:52pm On May 31, 2020
Basic123:

You sound like a 16yr old 100level student of OAU grin

when you grow up,come back

If you know U.I very well,you will know that U.I electrification is underG.

Also,your first and second VC were just ordinary professor in U.I when OAU was established just like 1/2 of U.I man power was dashed to unilag after establishment.UNILORIN itself was a college to U I.You can only be comparing yourself with the likes of UNILORIN, UNILAG,UNN and ABU not U.I.

U.I is in a league of her own!
I agree with you on this. Most of the early professors in Nigeria were from u.i

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Ojugunrege(f): 12:00am On Jun 01, 2020
andrewtosin:
Which set?

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Temysteve(m): 12:02am On Jun 01, 2020
yusman14:
lol.exactly bro..OAU is a school for the academics giants..
I am part 3 student of Engineering..
The school mad like...tough questions,tough lecturers, stress,and alot to face
You're doing well�
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by pongwa(m): 12:02am On Jun 01, 2020
foleskay:

Lol. So people attended oau to learn and later struggle in life, judging by your sch motto. No wonder many oau students are jobless despite being brilliant. I now see why.
ignoramus like you. You find it so hard to comprehend. You go school at all?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by foleskay(m): 12:06am On Jun 01, 2020
pongwa:
ignoramus like you. You find it so hard to comprehend. You go school at all?
You're shallow and dumb. Instead of you to convince me why they choose such motto, you're busy exuding your uncouth and lousy attitude. Bush man. Don't tell me you attended oau o, cos you're a dumbass
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 12:07am On Jun 01, 2020
Basic123:

You sound like a 16yr old 100level student of OAU grin

when you grow up,come back

If you know U.I very well,you will know that U.I electrification is underG.

Also,your first and second VC were just ordinary professor in U.I when OAU was established just like 1/2 of U.I man power was dashed to unilag after establishment.UNILORIN itself was a college to U I.You can only be comparing yourself with the likes of UNILORIN, UNILAG,UNN and ABU not U.I.

U.I is in a league of her own!
UI is not better than OAU in Engineering and some other courses ..
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Ojugunrege(f): 12:07am On Jun 01, 2020
Okekeni90:

The calendar was very slow before the appointment of Prof. Elujoba and prof. Ogunbodede as VC. But things are better now.
At least some of us that were admitted in 2015 are now in 500 level.

Yeah, I realized so. I hope they keep that up. My younger sister also graduated from ife and had a better deal.
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with those VCs you mentioned.
We had Rogers Makanjuola & Faborode in my days...hopefully, my memory serve me right. smiley

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Flakky26(f): 12:09am On Jun 01, 2020
I'm inviting you to join cash crates, a site that lets you earn money with social media. Sign up free $0 today for a $50 bonus! click https://share.cshcrates.co/blessman26
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by andrewtosin(m): 12:12am On Jun 01, 2020
1999? Hehe. Make I respect my Aunty...
Odàárò mà cheesy
Ojugunrege:

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Ojugunrege(f): 12:17am On Jun 01, 2020
andrewtosin:
1999? Hehe. Make I respect my Aunty...
Odàárò mà cheesy

grin grin grin
Yeah, that was the year I entered. Left '06 - does that make u a bit more comfortable? cheesy
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by andrewtosin(m): 12:23am On Jun 01, 2020
Anyhow, you are still my Aunt grin the gap between when you graduated and when I did is longer than the locus of point equidistant from Mayfare to Moro grin

Anyway how are you?
Ojugunrege:

grin grin grin
Yeah, that was the year I entered. Left '06 - does that make u a bit more comfortable? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by IamAsiri: 12:40am On Jun 01, 2020
andrewtosin:
Anyhow, you are still my Aunt grin the gap between when you graduated and when I did is longer than the locus of point equidistant from Mayfare to Moro grin

Anyway how are you?

Lol to equidistant. Greatest Ife!
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by andrewtosin(m): 12:45am On Jun 01, 2020
Great!
IamAsiri:

Lol to equidistant. Greatest Ife!
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by einsteino(m): 12:48am On Jun 01, 2020
traihit:
To think that setting up of OAU was done by Nigerians and to see that its aesthetic beauty can stand with any *international university* is enough reason to bekubel that there is nothing we can't achieve if we decide to get things right.

I am not hating but I am not sure you know what international universities look like. In Nigeria, I have been to UI, UNN, FUTO, Delsu and Uniben. In Canada I have been to Concordia University, University of Western Ontario, York University and University of Toronto.

The truth is that the only thing Nigerian Universities may be able to mouth about is landmass. If it's beauty or how they are set up, I am sorry to say that we are not even remotely close to some international colleges let alone international universities.

Some universities have classes and auditoriums that are much more luxurious than some Nigerian four/five star hotel's Auditoriums. See, leave matters. Nigerian leaders need to wake up. We are soo soooo far behind. The first thing you notice when you leave Naija is that most things wey we take dey big up, na just normal life to other countries.

The good thing is that after coming out of our bastardized Nigerian Universities, we some how manage to do well in these international universities(though it sets us back a bit, so we have to work harder than our colleagues).

5 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by olajide111: 12:49am On Jun 01, 2020
Landscape - OAU
Infrastructure - ABU
Proper Maintenance - UI
Serenity - UNILAG
Beautification - FUNAAB
I have been to these schools and this is what I found out, beauty is relative as far as am concerned and all the above mentioned universities are beautiful depending on your criteria, proudly Uites/great Ife

3 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by spiritedtete: 1:00am On Jun 01, 2020
Ojugunrege:

grin grin grin

What dept were you... 06 eco
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by neuroboy4: 1:10am On Jun 01, 2020
Chai. See over saturated images.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Ojugunrege(f): 1:10am On Jun 01, 2020
spiritedtete:

What dept were you... 06 eco
CHE
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Timil: 1:18am On Jun 01, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Ife is actually a beautiful school , to believe it shares state with uniOsun
C'mon bro OAU is a federal university that has been around for over 50yrs and is fully funded by the federal government while UNIOSUN is a state university that has been around for less than 15yrs and is being funded by revenues generated by the university itself.

Definitely there's bound to be a difference.

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by haffaze777(m): 1:30am On Jun 01, 2020
The only University in Nigeria,others are college of educationgrin
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Bobbies007(m): 1:41am On Jun 01, 2020
lablonclacla:
Lol......the editing has distorted the pictures. No doubt OAU has some of the most beautiful architectural buildings but due to lack of maintenance, they are becoming shadows of themselves. Most haven't been painted for decades. Reason is why UI and UNILAG are far ahead.

Take for example no hostel in UNILAG or UI can ever be this bad and unkempt like these ones in the first two pictures. Now compare this to the worst hostel in unilag Enijoku from the last two pictures and see what i am talking about.

Modified: Heard most of the hostels have been renovated and are now habitable. A good one i must admit. I will appreciate if i can get pictures of the new look.

Clearly its been long you have seen OAU hostels, better than Unilag and UI hostel combine..
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by salford1: 2:20am On Jun 01, 2020
Double post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Top 50 Universities In Africa 2015 - Latest Ranking / Male And Female Condoms On The Back Of A Primary School Textbook (Photo) / If You Can Solve This Maths, A Financial Institution Should Employ You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.