Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,744 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) (63367 Views)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Massacre Was A Series Of Shootings And Murders Wh / Beautiful Aerial Pictures Of The University Of Benin / Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Nobody: 8:20am On May 31, 2020
smiley
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Genoa(m): 8:47am On May 31, 2020
See wetin Uniilorin don cause, nice though.

Cc Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by seanwilliam(m): 8:55am On May 31, 2020
Architectural wise.. oau is the most beautiful school I don go... but they have the worst maintenance culture...

Ui has the best maintenance culture..

But unilag takes from the two schools' qualities

5 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by timay(m): 9:20am On May 31, 2020
yusman14:
@op, should I continue the uploading??
I rep #ifetech anyway..
OAU have the best road network and landscape...
No wire poles on campus the wires are connected underground...
The university is well planned too; from academics area ,to hostels,to banking area,sports,and so on

@The bolded. I think most of the first generation universities have this system. UI for example , you can't see electric poles everywhere,. The wires are all underground, so no big deal. This is so because those first generation Universities like UI , OAU, ABU , Unilag, etc were built when there was still little sense in the country and the building were of high quality and international standard.

8 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Nobody: 9:21am On May 31, 2020
Aerial views are always awesome. A refuse dump will still look awesome from the sky . Because suddenly, we can see patterns, forms and colours in our everyday lives that we are just not used to seeing.

As for the school structures. The design in itself is old, poorly maintained and dilapidated. Nothing spectacular here.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by efembaba(m): 9:27am On May 31, 2020
I've been expecting this. When other baby universities have been doing theirs. The Oba of universities has come
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Openbusiness: 10:14am On May 31, 2020
May una post interior of amphi theatre naw, abi una wan make eye swear for u ni grin Greatest IFE, Articulate IFE!!! Yen yen yen...tuehhhh! Old glory grin All these structures need renovation and maintenance. Govt should pump 50 billion to OAU abeg. Una no see Unilag as he Behind? But respect to OAU (Oba Awon University) grin, kai, the school big like country, you go trek tire grin

2 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Openbusiness: 10:17am On May 31, 2020
seanwilliam:
Architectural wise.. oau is the most beautiful school I don go... but they have the worst maintenance culture...

Ui has the best maintenance culture..

But unilag takes from the two schools' qualities
They don't have worst maintenance culture. The structures are over due for critical renovation. They have worst management culture. Na just to dey chop money their VCs sabi. No vision of modernization. That's where UNILAG beats them. If it was Unilag management managing OAU, I swear that school for don turn to the Princeton or Yale of Africa

4 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Elazizi05: 10:22am On May 31, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:
Let me continue from where u stopped, fellow alumni of GREAT IFE( proud to be a graduate of OAU by d way wink wink)....

More....

The 2nd picture is FUNAAB library...abeg!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by DamnnNiggarr: 10:40am On May 31, 2020
Damnn Niggarr!
great
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by oluwasegun007(m): 11:01am On May 31, 2020
Africa most beautiful campus...

But the current situation is a reflection of the state of the nation.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Newlite1: 11:39am On May 31, 2020
The hostel in Unilag are well maintained as shown.

Anyway my people, visit my signature for something quite interesting. See you at the top. Trust me you will be happy you did.

2 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by davidbanner(m): 12:52pm On May 31, 2020
light099:
Trash pictures.
Color bleached pictures and blurry pictures.

The camera focal point too distorted the pictures instead of enhancing them.
Didn't OP see the sensible pictures presented on UNILAG and ABU threads?

OAU being one of the most beautiful universities in Nigeria with it's utilized sloppy land, people have been looking out for this thread, envisaging how a beautiful thread would be, but OP spoilt it.

Pls no MODS should move this thread to FP until someone creates a proper thread. This one is bullshiit.

grin sadist.. Yeyenatu

2 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Spiff20(m): 1:01pm On May 31, 2020
most beautiful campus wey Unilag fine pass. who rate that thing sef.

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by CrazyOptimist: 2:18pm On May 31, 2020
Dpaulie:

...aluta against all oppression, forward ever, backward never...

For learning and culture, sports and struggle....
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by emaskocoded(m): 2:42pm On May 31, 2020
lablonclacla:
Lol......the editing has distorted the pictures. No doubt OAU has some of the most beautiful architectural buildings but due to lack of maintenance, they are becoming shadows of themselves. Most haven't been painted for decades. Reason is why UI and UNILAG are far ahead.

Take for example no hostel in UNILAG or UI can ever be this bad and unkempt like these ones in the first two pictures. Now compare this to the worst hostel in unilag Enijoku from the last two pictures and see what i am talking about.

I concur with what you said. The buildings really lack maintenance but those pictures are old sha, they have renopainted them.

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Raptureminded(m): 4:40pm On May 31, 2020
Are you an intending farmer or even a farmer and you need *E-BOOKS* (to know more on how to rear, manage and to keep farm produce and livestocks) on the following; Poultry, fishery, cattle, grass cutter, goat, sheep, piggery, snail, dog and rabbit farming are available at affordable price.
Also *E-BOOKS* are available for crop farming like maize, apple, pineapple, rice, cowpea, cassava, oil-palm tree, rice, apple, cucumber, cocoa, cocoyam, yam, banana, pepper, garden egg, millet, water melon, etc.

*For more details and any one interested contact me or PM on WhatsApp with the phone number below:*
+2348142147545.
*Or email me at oguntundeluke@gmail.com*
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE E-BOOKS ARE NOT FREE BUT AVAILABLE AT AFFORDABLE PRICE.*

Best regards
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by xynerise: 8:49pm On May 31, 2020
You guys will only produce aerial views of your schools but can't produce scientists that will create impact on the lives of people.

Keep celebrating mediocrity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Malawian(m): 8:49pm On May 31, 2020
I hussled admissions in this school for two years. OAU Ife is like another world entirely. Or at least back then sha. This is after you come out of modakeke (ajengunle) where you are living to go and see London (OAU Ife).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Thenorth(m): 8:49pm On May 31, 2020
I Rep ABU.... but this school look absolutely cool
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by abdullkabar(m): 8:49pm On May 31, 2020
Oba awon university
I rep my school
Greatest Ife Articulate Ife tongue
Alumnus sha
Modified: The pictures are too edited, Op Bleep up

2 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Temysteve(m): 8:51pm On May 31, 2020
yusman14:
What a world class architectural master piece...OAU is really beautiful..
justbe looking the beauty of my sch oo, but make sure say u dey extra Shana be thinking of picking the sch else ur eyes go see peppered for that ogba.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 31, 2020
Fact

1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by MoDaniel(m): 8:52pm On May 31, 2020
There's obviously no need for all these pictures, just the degree and start your life.
If you would've want to do something better, just contrast the school with other international universities and examine the variances.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Johnnyessence(m): 8:53pm On May 31, 2020
Nice beautiful campus.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by lekki1444: 8:54pm On May 31, 2020
GREAT SCHOOL DECREPIT HALLS OF LIVING
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by mismore(f): 8:54pm On May 31, 2020
Let me famz my school....
Of the greatest ife!!!
I wish we had better maintenance though
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by mikeapollo: 8:54pm On May 31, 2020
traihit:
To think that setting up of OAU was done by Nigerians and to see that its aesthetic beauty can stand with any international university is enough reason to bekubel that there is nothing we can't achieve if we decide to get tohings right.

The campus was built by Italian and Israeli construction firms! No Nigerian firm could have built such school at the time is was established!

5 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Federalmike: 8:55pm On May 31, 2020
lablonclacla:
Lol......the editing has distorted the pictures. No doubt OAU has some of the most beautiful architectural buildings but due to lack of maintenance, they are becoming shadows of themselves. Most haven't been painted for decades. Reason is why UI and UNILAG are far ahead.

Take for example no hostel in UNILAG or UI can ever be this bad and unkempt like these ones in the first two pictures. Now compare this to the worst hostel in unilag Enijoku from the last two pictures and see what i am talking about.

oga , all this hostel had been repainted and renovated now
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by sketcherJ(m): 8:55pm On May 31, 2020
Of the greatest Ife! My alma mater

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Expulsion Of Babcock Female Student In Leaked Sex Video / Top 50 Universities In Africa 2015 - Latest Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.