Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me (5266 Views)

Things I Saw Makes Me Question My Faith And Reality Itself / Question My Uncle Once Asked About Christianity / Pastor Adeboye Speaks About 2019 Elections; Bishop Asked Him Who Will Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by ochibuogwu5: 3:15pm On May 31, 2020
God decided on His own choice to create human beings with free-will (Romans 11:33)
This free-will makes us His creatures to relate with HIM and all other of His creatures based upon our choice as well as reap the rewards of each choice.
Using our free-will to receive His eternal life through belief in the death and resurrection of His Son Jesus Christ Crucified in order to manifest HIS perfect-will on earth and spend eternity in His Heavenly Kingdom with HIM is *much easier* than using our free-will to disbelief the Gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified because of the provision of *HIS GRACE SUFFICIENTLY FOR EACH HUMAN BEING FROM CONCEPTION TILL BIOLOGICAL DEATH* this is why
Jesus declared both for *Believers and unbelievers*....
"...there is no excuse for sin, there is no excuse to spend eternity in hell-fire because (GOD has come to us in the human nature to uplift us through his death and resurrection unto HIS DIVINE NATURE)"
(John 15:22)

Anybody who refuses to believe in Jesus Christ Crucified has *condemned himself/herself* hence it is not God who condemns any human being to hell-fire again
(John 3:18)

May the Holy Spirit enlighten the eyes of our mind to understand the call He has bestowed upon us through our belief in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by Mywd: 3:26pm On May 31, 2020
Shey una no dey read una Bible abi??...... It all started with Adam & Eve.... Had it been Eve hasnt done what she did.. There will not be all these.... God Cursed Adam & Eve after alk they did that is what has been affecting humanity...

God knows all what is happening that is why he says you should draw nearer to him....

Righteousness89 come ooo
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by LordReed(m): 3:32pm On May 31, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin
Oh we surely do need God, for first we are His Children and a Good Father Always oversees the conducts of His Children and Even also Partakes in their activities e.g playing, dancing, laughter, joy and happiness and All the Good Things.

As seen among us.

So also can He Not Remove Himself when His Children behave badly one to another, and one of His Children is Crying Out that Another of His Children is doing him a wrong or an evil thing.

Or He even Sees when one child is planning to carryout a wicked thing upon another child, as a father, would you not intervene when you see these things?

This is even aside the settlement of conflict between the children, shall you as a Father not intervene and take action when you see these things, as we even do on earth?

So why did your god do nothing when that lady was raped and murdered in church?

2 Likes

Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by BOFREJO(m): 3:37pm On May 31, 2020
Trueigbo:
Yesterday my 11 year old daughter ask me a question and struggled to answer her. She said Dad since God is first and last and knows everything, why did he create us when he knows we will sin against him.

Infact i cant remember what I answered but i had to end it before she ask another question.

Biko who can help answer the question.
OP this should answer your question

https://litsecure..com/2020/05/why-did-god-gave-us-free-will.html
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by Dtruthspeaker: 3:39pm On May 31, 2020
LordReed:

So why did your god do nothing when that lady was raped and murdered in church?

He would handle all things when He is Ready. On the Day Set by The Court, Everyone would be brought before the Most High Judge and All will be Settled, both the Killer or killers and the killed.

Every Soul waits for the Most High Judge!
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by LordReed(m): 3:43pm On May 31, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

He would handle all things when He is Ready. On the Day Set by The Court, Everyone would be brought before the Most High Judge and All will be Settled, both the Killer or killers and the killed.

As usual nonsensical excuses. Your god just watches a person get raped and murdered right in a church and says he'll deal with it later. That's absolute nonsense for a so called omnipotent, omnibenevolent god.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by xproducer: 4:50pm On May 31, 2020
HQuadreal:
God knows best....

------------
Yes indeed, God knows all things (Psalm 147:5). "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it." - Psalm 139:6

But we have these truths, mercifully received by the Lord GOD:

You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created” -Revelation 4:11

"He is the Rock, His work is perfect; For all His ways are justice, A God of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He." - Deuteronomy 32:4

Let us also remember that GOD, at great expense to Himself, sacrificed Himself for those /us who did not deserve mercy, salvation, life... reconciliation / peace to & with him...

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

1 Like

Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by HQuadreal: 4:55pm On May 31, 2020
xproducer:

------------
Yes indeed, God knows all things (Psalm 147:5). "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it." - Psalm 139:6

But we have these truths, mercifully received by the Lord GOD:

You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created” -Revelation 4:11

"He is the Rock, His work is perfect; For all His ways are justice, A God of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He." - Deuteronomy 32:4

Let us also remember that GOD, at great expense to Himself, sacrificed Himself for those /us who did not deserve mercy, salvation, life... reconciliation / peace to & with him...

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by CodeTemplar: 5:06pm On May 31, 2020
Trueigbo:
Yesterday my 11 year old daughter ask me a question and struggled to answer her. She said Dad since God is first and last and knows everything, why did he create us when he knows we will sin against him.

Infact i cant remember what I answered but i had to end it before she ask another question.

Please help me tell her we have freewill or are empowered to choose life or death. Greet her mom for e.
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 31, 2020
TheRealProphet:
I keep asking myself this questions-why allow us to suffer, why allow d wicked kill the poor, why allow terrorist kill his creation.. why!!!!!!!
maybe they is no god maybe he enjoy seeing us suffer maybe he don't give a fuvk.. religion tire me I swear

@ the bolded is why you're getting tired. The moment you realize Christianity is not a religion but a way of life, you'll begin to think differently.

God cares about you. Open the door of your heart. Hes waiting for to make a move and He'll shew you Himself.

Shalom.
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 31, 2020
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 31, 2020
Bro Jiggaz. Oya. To you the spiritual elders. This one off me. Make I no lie. Though I believe God knows and allow somethings to happen for a purpose. Either for His name to be glorified or for Him to demonstrate His powers that the world may know that He's the only one and true God.
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by Dantedasz(m): 5:28pm On May 31, 2020
LordReed:

As usual nonsensical excuses. Your god just watches a person get raped and murdered right in a church and says he'll deal with it later. That's absolute nonsense for a so called omnipotent god, omnibenevolent god.

The infantile responses of Christians on this thread is just bewildering but then I remember that to be a christian,you have to suspend all forms of rationality and just imbibe blind belief

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by LordReed(m): 5:32pm On May 31, 2020
Dantedasz:

The infantile responses of Christians on this thread is just bewildering but then I remember that to be a christian,you have to suspend all forms of rationality and just imbibe blind belief

I think I lived a very sheltered life as a Christian. I never had to confront some of these types of questions. I doubt I could have provided any reasonable answer, instead I would have become very sad.

3 Likes

Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by Dantedasz(m): 5:34pm On May 31, 2020
Eulalia:
Bro Jiggaz. Oya. To you the spiritual elders. This one off me. Make I no lie. Though I believe God knows and allow somethings to happen for a purpose. Either for His name to be glorified or for Him to demonstrate His powers that the world may know that He's the only one and true God.

So god/yahweh/jehovah allowed that University of Benin female student to be abused and raped and slaughtered in HIS CHURCH and her head smashed to pieces for his name to be glorified and to demonstrate that he is the one and true god??!!

This is why I avoid religionists like a virus.

https://www.nairaland.com/5893256/justiceforuwa-vera-uwaila-omozuwa-raped

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 31, 2020
TheRealProphet:
I can't pray, can't spend 5minute reading the bible,I don't love church..my Christian life is messed up.

That's the devil trying to drag you away from a life of peace and eternal hope.

I'm not saying it will be all rosy but even in the world it is not all Rosy but its better to be in Christ cos there is always hope. The bible says Christ in me, the hope of glory.

Apostle Paul hoped against hope at some point and help came. Look.... In the world, you shall find tribulations but be of good cheer for Christ has overcome the world. Once you have this at the back of your mind, you'll never give up. And I tell you, God will show up.

Be of good cheer always. Ask the Holy spirit to help you mutter a few words of prayer and from there progress then put on the garment of praise. God will show up.

Shalom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 31, 2020
Dantedasz:

So god/yahweh/jehovah allowed that University of Benin female student to be abused and raped and slaughtered in HIS CHURCH and her head smashed to pieces for his name to be glorified and to demonstrate that he is the one and true god??!!

This is why I avoid religionists like a virus.

You know well that is not what I'm talking about.
Remember the devil is out perpetrating his own evil. So you may want to attribute that to the devil.

https://www.nairaland.com/5893256/justiceforuwa-vera-uwaila-omozuwa-raped

Remember the devil is out perpetrating his own evil. So you may want to attribute that to the devil.
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by MuttleyLaff: 6:01pm On May 31, 2020
cjfbn:
Human spirit has what is called freewill. An example is a guy goes into a market with a gun, he has the freewill to shoot it not to shoot. If he shoots the gun, he is automatically tied to the responsibility which he must bear.
Man has freewill and God does not intefere. He can look at the course of action and predict what will happen in the future.

Daejoyoung:
But how can it be freewill,
1/ Why isn't it freewill?
2/ Have you not freewill?
3/ Do you need stay alive?
4/ If your answer to #3 above is Yes, then what is it called that what you exercising to stay and be alive?

Daejoyoung:
When God already knows what would happen?
So? God's foreknowledge does stand in the way of creationhood

Daejoyoung:
It has been predetermined in God's foreknowledge right?
Just because God knows the end from the beginning doest mean God is the player of the events in the that will unfold. Just because Gods know doesnt mean He predetermined anything. The player is the person that does the activities, it isn't God

Daejoyoung:
and what is the purpose of a freewill
The purpose of freewill, just as like every other gift, is for be judicious, rightful and correctly use.

Daejoyoung:
or test to God
The testee doesn't test the Tester.

Daejoyoung:
when God already knows the result?
The testee doesnt know the result, so means anything done is for the benefit information and sake of the testee.

Daejoyoung:
This is why many doctrines in Islam and Christianity makes no sense to people.
You are called out to do either. Not Islam. Not Christianity
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by Daejoyoung: 6:18pm On May 31, 2020
[quote author=MuttleyLaff post=90167262]

So? God's foreknowledge does stand in the way of creationhood
If God knows that I would be what I would be, then why does he get angry when I do evil? God already knew Adam would sin, and man would fall, so why does he act surprised in the bible when they do these things? for instance, God regretted at some point that he had made man. How could this be, if you say God was already expecting it to be so? God even said in the old testament, that it never crossed his mind that the people of judah would burn their children as sacrifices to moloch( Jer 32v35). Why is God acting surprised in all these?

The testee doesnt know the result, so means anything done is for the benefit information and sake of the testee.
Everything cannot be for the benefit of the testee, the tester also have a purpose for testing the testee, in Islam for instance allah created man to test him, and is same in some versions of christianity, if this is the case then allah or God wants to find out something from this test, isn't that so?
The big question here is this, if God can already see what would happen or what we would decide, then nothing can change that, it would mean that all that happens have been fixed already, and this is why God has access to that knowledge, right??
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by Trueigbo: 6:22pm On May 31, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Please help me tell her we have freewill or are empowered to choose life or death. Greet her mom for e.
Ok sir
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by Dantedasz(m): 6:30pm On May 31, 2020
Eulalia:

I am asking you a direct question.
If god is omnipotent,omniscient and omnibenevolent and he is a loving creator god according to you Christian's.
And he gave all his creations freewill according to Christian's.

The question follows,that why will such a god allow the university of Benin student who just got admission to study microbiology and decided to go and read in a CHURCH of her own FREEWILL and this god allows some ruffians to take this girl out of her space,rape her,assault her and finally break her head to pieces??!!
How is such a being benevolent?
How is such a being omniscient and omnipotent??
Is it the girl's FREEWILL that took her into a church to get raped?
And this god stands aside and watched??
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by frank317: 6:48pm On May 31, 2020
cjfbn:
Human spirit has what is called freewill. An example is a guy goes into a market with a gun, he has the freewill to shoot it not to shoot. If he shoots the gun, he is automatically tied to the responsibility which he must bear.
Man has freewill and God does not intefere. He can look at the course of action and predict what will happen in the future.

Question: Why is John running?

Ans: John had visited his uncle two years ago.

I am still wondering how the answer answers the question...

Question from a little 11years old got u talking off point.

Question: since God is all knowing, he knows the biginining from the end, why did he create us knowing we will make wrong decisions and suffer?

ANS: God CREATED everyone with free will God does not interfare.

Oga if u don't understand the question us ask the little girl to rephrase.

I can actually help:
If God knows we will make wrong choices with our free will why create us to make wrong choices with our free will.
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 31, 2020
Dantedasz:

I am asking you a direct question.
If god is omnipotent,omniscient and omnibenevolent and he is a loving creator god according to you Christian's.
And he gave all his creations freewill according to Christian's.

The question follows,that why will such a god allow the university of Benin student who just got admission to study microbiology and decided to go and read in a CHURCH of her own FREEWILL and this god allows some ruffians to take this girl out of her space,rape her,assault her and finally break her head to pieces??!!
How is such a being benevolent?
How is such a being omniscient and omnipotent??
Is it the girl's FREEWILL that took her into a church to get raped?
And this god stands aside and watched??

If I try to explain certain things to you, you might not get or even refuse to accept because your mind is already set to dispute and disagree to anything that pertains to God. And that will be a total waste of my time.

First clear the bitterness you have towards God. Only then will any explanations make sense to you.

Shalom.
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by frank317: 7:05pm On May 31, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

What then is the point of God overseeing his children like a good father would of he will just watch his good daughter get raped and do nothing because he is not ready?
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by frank317: 7:14pm On May 31, 2020
Eulalia:

If I try to explain certain things to you, you might not get or even refuse to accept because your mind is already set to dispute and disagree to anything that pertains to God. And that will be a total waste of my time.

First clear the bitterness you have towards God. Only then will any explanations make sense to you.

Shalom.

Sharp girl... I know say this one pass u. I like ur style joor

2 Likes

Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by 1Sharon(f): 7:22pm On May 31, 2020
Your daughter is smart and has potential !
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by xproducer: 7:25pm On May 31, 2020
HQuadreal:

------
Haha... but "to God, alone wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen." - Romans 16:27

1 Like

Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by Dantedasz(m): 7:30pm On May 31, 2020
Eulalia:

Shalom.

@ Bolded,
'christian speak',for :-I don't know the answer to your question,but my christian pride will not let me admit it. Let me consult my pastor!
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by judedwriter(m): 7:38pm On May 31, 2020
Trueigbo:

It's just like saying why did God create lucifer when He knows he will become satan.

God created us with a freewill. It's true He knows all things but He allows us operate on our free will.

God did not create Adam and eve to disobey Him, they choose to out of their free will. God respects our free will, but there will be consequences.
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by jiggaz(m): 7:45pm On May 31, 2020
Eulalia:
Good evening dear... God created us to enjoy life in the garden of Eden, not this present fallen world. Since Adam and Eve's fall in the garden, this world became cursed... We will see the perfect world in the Millenial Kingdom which is the coming age. It is not God's wish for the world to be like this, it is Adam and Eve that brought this upon the world. But a perfect world is coming for those who put their faith in Our Lord Jesus Christ. God created us with free will, He doesn't want Robots to worship Him... Meanwhile it is easier to be saved in Christ Jesus than to be lost... The only criteria to make heaven is Faith in the finished work of Christ Jesus Heaven is a gift not a reward. There will be reward for Believers at the Bema Seat of Christ because there will be positions in the coming Kingdom of Heaven. But everybody in heaven will have Eternal Life not by merit or good works but by believing in Christ Jesus as their Saviour from Sin.

1 Like

Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by Daejoyoung: 8:01pm On May 31, 2020
judedwriter:

It's just like saying why did God create lucifer when He knows he will become satan.

God created us with a freewill. It's true He knows all things but He allows us operate on our free will.

God did not create Adam and eve to disobey Him, they choose to out of their free will. God respects our free will, but there will be consequences.
What is the point of the freewill when he knows the results already? since it is no longer a surprise to him, isn't it pointless?
Re: Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me by judedwriter(m): 8:03pm On May 31, 2020
Daejoyoung:

What is the point of the freewill when he knows. Since it is no longer a surprise to him, isn't it pointless?

That's the mystery of God. If He knows all things but still allows us to operate on our free will.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Shouldn't Practise Imported Religions Like Christianity And Islam / Tb Joshua's Church Branch In London / Chinese Language Unmasks A Startling Discovery Of The Truths Of Genesis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.