|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,932,580 members, 7,092,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 September 2022 at 07:44 PM
|Bouncing Back In Difficult Times by rilwan09: 10:15am On May 31, 2020|
It’s not easy overcoming challenges that life brings your way. A big part of how you’re able to cope comes from your resilience - your ability to cope with challenges, deal with difficult feelings, and “bounce back” after a tough situation or difficult time. It’s also the ability to adapt to difficult circumstances that you can’t change, and keep on thriving.Your family, your community and who you are as an individual affect your capacity for resilience. In your family, communication, parenting styles and support from outside the family play an important part. Environmental or community factors that affect your resilience can include social conditions, education, health and community participation and inclusion. Your own self-concept, social skills and physical health also affect your resilience.
It’s important to know that anyone can strengthen their resilience. Here are some ideas:
1. Connect with other people. Building a network of social supports strengthens resiliency. Play on a sports team, get involved in the arts, or volunteer in your community.
2. Maintain a daily routine. A routine provides consistency to help reduce stress.
3. Take care of yourself. Eat well, have fun, get enough rest, and exercise.
4. Try to keep things in perspective during tough times. Remember that things will change, and that you have made it through difficult times in the past.
5. Set goals that challenge you to learn and grow. Taking on new experiences and getting out of your comfort zone to accomplish your goals builds your capacity to be resilient.
Like it or not, change is inevitable. Learn to accept, embrace and grow from the change. Starting over will feel easier, and you be able to go with the flow more gracefully. It may not feel like it at the time, but slow and steady steps will help you heal, grow and evolve into a more rounded being who can bounce back when life knocks you down; How do you keep going when the going gets tough?
|Re: Bouncing Back In Difficult Times by Ephemeralbeing: 4:29pm On Jun 07, 2020|
Hi Rilwan. Will you join a WhatsApp Inspirational group to share you write-ups to motivate people ?
|Re: Bouncing Back In Difficult Times by rilwan09: 9:26pm On Jun 07, 2020|
No problem, send me a pm
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41