Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,004 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad (36757 Views)

Dubai Visa Agent Got Caught 4years After He Scammed Me / He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad Pictures / I Want To Process My Nigerian Passport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by IME1: 12:58am On Jun 02, 2020
Arewa1408:

Nonsense advice. This is a "I leave am for God" advice that has put Nigeria in this predicament.

And you have to come to someone's mention and call the opinion nonsense?
Do you think what you wrote is right
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by DedeNkem: 1:57am On Jun 02, 2020
dongodav:
Yes, I know that but it is because I don't have a dime, that was why I abandon him and I keep all the receipts for payments, currently I don't have anything and I guessed I might be affected if I post his name and phone number online to declare him wanted because he may also charged me for libel.

You don't have a dime and yet you want to school abroad. It costs a lot money. Lick your wound and move on, the money is gone.

You fell into a criminal's hand and he ate you with a fictitious company that probably wasn't registered. They normally collect money from people and abscond!

A legitimate company or person who obtains visas for people doesn't collect a dime until your visa is available and you confirm it.

1 Like

Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by LifeOfTrigga(m): 3:45am On Jun 02, 2020
dongodav:
Okay. What should I do?

Use another number to reach him after some weeks that you need to apply for a visa and that someone introduce him to you and make sure you are not the one doing the talking, it may be lady you will use Cos puna Dey control man gan then once he opens up and also about his location just find soldiers to go with you bro.

2 Likes

Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by dapperman(m): 4:18am On Jun 02, 2020
You are anonymous here. Nobody can use your posts here against you as you did not use your real name to make this post.
If you still feel funny about dropping his details, open another account and don’t say you are the one.
Just drop all his details here on this thread.
No sensible lawyer can use that against you even if they find the thread online.
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by AFONJACOW(m): 7:39am On Jun 02, 2020
Report him to Alusi okija ... He go rush come pay sharp sharp
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by olushowunm(m): 8:22am On Jun 02, 2020
dongodav:
Hi all the moguls,

Please there is this company in Akure that scammed me some years ago under the pretence of helping me secure admission abroad. I paid a total of 1.something million naira and he is still owing me 788K. Ever since then, the company has not been opening and they have vacated the office.

I even visited SARS in Akure, they said I have to write a petition through a lawyer and I paid the lawyer 10K write petition which he handed over the letter to me without knowing i will still pay SARS again before the job commenced.

When I got to SARS station, they said I should pay so that they can take the letter to the CP for approval but I don't have any dime on me again. And since the company is no more existing, I thought it might also be another loss.
Please I have his phone number but it is not reachable when I try it and I don't think it is attached to his BVN because it is quite long and I know his fullname but I don't know his home town. His office was located in Akure then and I know his Company name.

He did processed admission to few schools in Russia, Ukraine and Poland. Please advice and if there is anyone that can help and when we get him, the person will take 288K while I have the remaining 500K.

Also, is it advisable to post his name, company's name and phone number online? Cos it might be illegal to do that except with a legal backup.
check Twitter and report to EFCC. It's not jurisdiction of Sars to arrest fraudster. They will get you all your money and more.
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:45am On Jun 02, 2020
obc:
Good afternoon, I have a similar case which I once posted on nairaland but all inputs failed. My own case was 3.2m. I did all within reach yet no result. Kindly help me with contact of SARS if you're in Anambra or Ebonyi because the guy in question is from Anambra but resides in Enugu. Please help.
I am so sorry about this.
N3.2Mn is no joke.
Unfortunately I am in Lag
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by Mhizluchi(f): 10:16am On Jun 02, 2020
shogsman:

First off you're not supposed to pay a dime only like 1k for fuel money to the sars.
Secondly who among them asked you for 10k cos I know most of them.
Which bank did you paid the money to
Thirdly don't contact anybody here for help(including me) it will end in tears,just make use of the little information you can gather here.
Exactly!!
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by Carizworld22: 10:16am On Jun 02, 2020
[quote author=kaytolee post=90195856][/quote
Did you pay him by bank]
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by iqiq: 10:23am On Jun 02, 2020
Na was o
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by subcbouy: 10:23am On Jun 02, 2020
I hate to read people paying huge sum of amount to get admission in the UK that is almost the easiest to secure admission. Is it that the op is lazy or lacks information about admission to the UK? NL has really happened a lot of people seeking admission.
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by Babacele: 10:51am On Jun 02, 2020
vivaciousvivi:

N3.2Mn is no joke.
very simple. if he has the guy Names, bank account details ,the history of the transactions online ,and the guy's phone number , he should go to the nearest EFCC office to complain. Walahi the guy would hurriedly come looking for him.
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 02, 2020
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
dongodav:
Hi all the moguls,

Please there is this company in Akure that scammed me some years ago under the pretence of helping me secure admission abroad. I paid a total of 1.something million naira and he is still owing me 788K. Ever since then, the company has not been opening and they have vacated the office.

I even visited SARS in Akure, they said I have to write a petition through a lawyer and I paid the lawyer 10K write petition which he handed over the letter to me without knowing i will still pay SARS again before the job commenced.

When I got to SARS station, they said I should pay so that they can take the letter to the CP for approval but I don't have any dime on me again. And since the company is no more existing, I thought it might also be another loss.
Please I have his phone number but it is not reachable when I try it and I don't think it is attached to his BVN because it is quite long and I know his fullname but I don't know his home town. His office was located in Akure then and I know his Company name.

He did processed admission to few schools in Russia, Ukraine and Poland. Please advice and if there is anyone that can help and when we get him, the person will take 288K while I have the remaining 500K.

Also, is it advisable to post his name, company's name and phone number online? Cos it might be illegal to do that except with a legal backup.
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by Airborne02(m): 3:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
dongodav:
Okay, I will snap the receipts of payment and I will also write his name as the CEO and the company name. As far if am covered under the law.

Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by Gokoyer0(m): 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
You were scammed in Akure but someone scammed me here on Nairaland since early last year.

I had handover his case to God. He will lose all he falsely and criminally gathered at a time he will never expect it and this will not come to pass unless I didn't work for my money legitimately.
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by dongodav: 10:04pm On Jun 02, 2020
Those documents are in Akure and am currently in Katsina. I paid the money in cash at their office in Akure with the intention to processed my admission to one university in Poland where I will learned Polish for one year known as preparatory class. Attached is his name and the managers name cos the man claimed then it was his workers that scammed him. I paid the money around 2009 but I will upload those documents as soon as my brother snapped them to me and I have also tweet Efcc, segalink and ncc on Twitter.

dongodav:
Hi all the moguls,

Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by Hamza05(m): 7:35am On Jun 03, 2020
I might be affected if I post his name and phone number online to declare him wanted because he may also charged me for libel.

Who advised you this? You cannot be charged or he cannot succeed in a claim for libel since you have a prima facie case and evidence against his frauds requiring you to post his details for him to be apprehended.
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by obc: 10:05am On Jun 03, 2020
Oh I see. Thanks for your concern.
vivaciousvivi:

N3.2Mn is no joke.
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by obc: 10:10am On Jun 03, 2020
EFCC won't handle this case because the money involved is below their benchmark. I personally approached them through a lawyer and that's what they told us. Again, since the guy signed an agreement to pay but defaulted, the EFCC can't come in.
Babacele:
very simple. if he has the guy Names, bank account details ,the history of the transactions online ,and the guy's phone number , he should go to the nearest EFCC office to complain. Walahi the guy would hurriedly come looking for him.
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 03, 2020
Op you need just his full name hmmmm you know what I mean don't let us say everything here
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by Babacele: 10:29am On Jun 03, 2020
obc:
EFCC won't handle this case because the money involved is below their benchmark. I personally approached them through a lawyer and that's what they told us. Again, since the guy signed an agreement to pay but defaulted, the EFCC can't come in.
Hmmm maybe EFCC for your area. ...as long as it is financial crime EFCC can come in, but if it is default, SARs and even Civil defence can handle it.
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by Babacele: 11:23am On Jun 03, 2020
dongodav:
Those documents are in Akure and am currently in Katsina. I paid the money in cash at their office in Akure with the intention to processed my admission to one university in Poland where I will learned Polish for one year known as preparatory class. Attached is his name and the managers name cos the man claimed then it was his workers that scammed him. I paid the money around 2009 but I will upload those documents as soon as my brother snapped them to me and I have also tweet Efcc, segalink and ncc on Twitter.

walahi go EFCC.
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by Easthood5(m): 12:46pm On Jun 03, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Op you need just his full name hmmmm you know what I mean don't let us say everything here

Hahahaha..you mean juju or what.
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by JasonScoolari: 4:02am On Jun 05, 2020
Mhizluchi:
Exactly!!
Please, are you a student of Ambrose Alli University?
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by Mhizluchi(f): 4:52am On Jun 08, 2020
JasonScoolari:
Please, are you a student of Ambrose Alli University?
Nope, a graduate of University of Benin. Why did you ask?
Re: He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad by Iamjoybob: 9:51am On Jun 08, 2020
[quote author=listowell post=90231835][/quote
Hello, you did not state your location and how do you know the company no longer exists.
Please provide name of person Who collected the money,
Company, when the money was collected.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.