Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

How Can I Prepare Amala? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Can I Prepare Amala? (11523 Views)

Guy Accidentally Pays N1.2Million For A Plate Of Amala And Soup / How To Prepare Amala With Abula / Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Prepare Amala? by jaykay001: 12:55pm On Jan 20, 2011
pls, i want to know how to prepare amala.
Re: How Can I Prepare Amala? by mafolayomi(f): 2:19pm On Jan 20, 2011
black or white?
Re: How Can I Prepare Amala? by Superuser(m): 5:19pm On Jan 21, 2011
Hi,

You can send me a mail : bioconfoods@yahoo.com.
Re: How Can I Prepare Amala? by ifyalways(f): 6:00pm On Jan 22, 2011
Me too.  sad
Everyone in my family knows the way to my heart is amala + ewedu  kiss kiss kiss and I just cant seem to get it right,its either too hard,full of lumps or too watery  embarassed
Who wud help us?Next life,I must marry Ogbomosho man wey go dey feed me amala for bed 24/7.
mafolayomi:

black or white?
dudu for me tongue
Re: How Can I Prepare Amala? by ifyalways(f): 4:21pm On Jan 24, 2011
Ok,Yoruba ppl on NLD are meanies,a week gone and no clue on how to go abt the amala biz  angry
Here's a recipe i got from a magazine someone shld try it and get back to us  cheesy
Ukom Ebua
600g lamb
300ml kaikai/ogogoro/sapele water.(local gin)
400g unripe plantain
100mls palm oil
1large onion
15g scent leaf.
3 knorr cubes
salt
2 glasses chilled fresh palmy(optional)
   Boil the lamb with the kaikai  shocked.when the meat is cooked(say after 15-20 mins),drain and discard the liquid.
Peel plantain and cut into chunks,slice the onions and scent leaf.
Put the drained lamb into a pot,add abt 150ml water,the plantain,palm oil,knoor,pinch of salt and pepper.Cook till plantain is soft and mixture thickens.Add the scent leaf and leave to simmer for 2 minutes.
Place on serving plates,u can garnish with sliced onions or even scent leaves.
Serve each plate with a chilled bottle of palmmy to send it homecheesy
   Try and testify someone.  grin
Re: How Can I Prepare Amala? by mafolayomi(f): 4:31pm On Jan 25, 2011
its like this:
Recipe:

Powdered Elubo (black one this time)

cooking pot

two glasses of water (for 2 people)

Turning stick

Put d quantity of water u want to use in a pot, allow it to boil, use a small bowl to take out some boiled water, u might still need it in case yr amala turns our too hard while still on fire,then start adding the powdered elubo gradually, u can use one of yr clean fingers to feel it while still on fire to be sure its neither too soft nor too hard, if its too soft u can add more elubo, and if too hard add yr reserved hot water. leave it on fire for som mins, say 2 to 4mins, then bring it down from fire yr amala is ready! if well preserved in a cooler, it can stay for 24hrs

As for the white, this is easier

Recipe:

White powdered elubo (amala)

Water

turning stick

pot

put yr water on fire, allow it to boil, bring it down from fire, add yr powered elubo and continue turning it, add more elubo if necesary or more water it all depends on how hard/soft u want it to be, u have to really turn it very well so as to avoid lumbs and for it to turn out very smooth. then, u can wrap it in a nylon and put it in a cooler, so as to keep it warm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Prepare Amala? by mafolayomi(f): 4:36pm On Jan 25, 2011
mafolayomi:

its like this:
Recipe:

cooking pot

Turning stick

Put d quantity of water u want to use in a pot, allow it to boil, use a small bowl to take out some boiled water, u might still need it in case yr amala turns our too hard while still on fire,then start adding the powdered elubo gradually, u can use one of yr clean fingers to feel it while still on fire to be sure its neither too soft nor too hard, if its too soft u can add more elubo, and if too hard add yr reserved hot water. leave it on fire for som mins, say 2 to 4mins, then bring it down from fire yr amala is ready! if well preserved in a cooler, it can stay for 24hrs

Recipe:

Water

turning stick

pot

put yr water on fire, allow it to boil, bring it down from fire, add yr powered elubo and continue turning it, add more elubo if necesary or more water it all depends on how hard/soft u want it to be, u have to really turn it very well so as to avoid lumbs and for it to turn out very smooth. then, u can wrap it in a nylon and put it in a cooler, so as to keep it warm

below is the pix of black amala

Re: How Can I Prepare Amala? by mafolayomi(f): 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2011
mafolayomi:

its like this:
Recipe:

cooking pot

Turning stick

Recipe:

Water

turning stick

pot

below is the pix of black amala

Re: How Can I Prepare Amala? by armyofone(m): 5:23pm On Jan 25, 2011
Ify, so you don reach that stage wey you take kaikai dey cook, eyaaaa odikwa serious o grin

Amala, ones made from green plantain nicey nicey. i like the color smiley
the process to make it less shooky na wahala  grin

poster, it will take you making it all the time to be perfect.

just follow the above method, do it all the time and you will get it right.
Re: How Can I Prepare Amala? by ifyalways(f): 12:01pm On Jan 27, 2011
armyofone:

Ify, so you don reach that stage wey you take kaikai dey cook, eyaaaa odikwa serious o grin

Amala, ones made from green plantain nicey nicey. i like the color smiley
the process to make it less shooky na wahala  grin

poster, it will take you making it all the time to be perfect.

just follow the above method, do it all the time and you will get it right.

Try am first,Give Dayokanu kai-kai meat and plantain sent home with Palmmy,u wud come here to testify grin
I wud give my amala skills one more shot,I pray i get it right this time around.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Drink Water While Eating? / My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! / How Can I Make Toast Bread?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.