Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks (37792 Views)

Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd / Paderborn 1-6 Dortmund: Sancho Scores Hat-trick And Pays Tribute To George Floyd / Manchester United Stars Pay Emotional Tribute To Wayne Rooney (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by joshuaidibia(m): 8:55am On Jun 01, 2020
bolaayenimo:
That's the most gruesome killing I have seen In recent times. Thank God for camera. They would have lied they did it self defense.

When will the killer cop be taken to court?

Most gruesome killing you've seen in recent times? Are you in Nigeria at all?

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by nrexzy: 8:55am On Jun 01, 2020
luminouz:

When will you talk about Leah Sharibu and the Edo girl that was raped to death recently?

So how does it relate to police brutality?

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by joshuaidibia(m): 8:58am On Jun 01, 2020
emmabest2000:
Not all whites are Racism ,
So it's a about the kind of person we encounter at a particular moment

SayNoToRacism

CORRECTION.
"Not all whites are Racist" not Racism. In case of next time. Bless

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Hypocrisy: 9:00am On Jun 01, 2020
gypsey:
I wonder, angry

oya! i don mention hyporcrisy, as you no want
Sir, I have nothing to do with this.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Lorenzop: 9:08am On Jun 01, 2020
Blazebond:
Let black Americans take care of themselves,they (black Americans) are shitty racists themselves,and why are the sport starts not condemning the rioting and looting ? Why are they silent on the destructions taking place,black Americans ain't getting no bloody sympathy from me.

You are a foool....when will they stop bombing middle east countries, why aren't you condemning US interference... Shut the fvck up Moro.n

1 Like 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 01, 2020
Hypocrisy:

Sir, I have nothing to do with this.
NO, you didn't grin
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 01, 2020
athaboi:
When do we also start paying tribute to the tribalism, religionism, ethnic bigotry here in Nigeria bcoz is as dangerous as racism if not worse

I agree. When some believe that they are better than other tribes...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Jakemedg(m): 9:15am On Jun 01, 2020
martineverest:
Nigeria is the most hypocritical nation in the world
Na now u dey know
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by zinodizt: 9:15am On Jun 01, 2020
Nice one... But can you tell me exactly how a Nigerian can express his or herself.. peaceful protest definitely doesn’t work here social media doesn’t work so what can Nigerians Do.. I guess we don’t have to blame our brothers we should prefer solutions that can work here
Jakemedg:
The way Nigerians took it as if cases much worse than this doesn't occur here baffles me 。
If only Nigerians can channel half or little of the energy we channel towards this case to the frequent massacre of innocent people in our communities Nigeria would have been better
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by kokomilala(m): 9:17am On Jun 01, 2020
The Timothy MC veigh treatment - death by electrocution in an electric chair - should be dished out to the killer cop, Derek Chauvin.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 01, 2020
logon599:
If George Floyd was white and the cop who killed him was black, I wonder the kind of reaction this would've been generating. Just me and my thoughts.

MODIFIED
For those quoting me with bile and vile, I would urge you to calm down and revisit your quotes. My comment has nothing to do with maltreatment of blacks or not. My comment is simply flipping a narrative to see a possible outcome in such eventuality. It has nothing to do with blacks vs whites.

Martowskin1
GeneralPula
Sorry to quote you but what happened to Floyd is way beyond black or white..Both Floyd and the cop know each other very well,they both had worked at a night club and never got along...

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 01, 2020
Jakemedg:
Exactly
black men kill each others more than any other crimes in the US.

few months ago a black guy and his BLACK girlfriend blew the brains of a hard working elderly BLACK taxi driver out just to steal his hard earned Meagre $300..

Why did no black person protest?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 01, 2020
logon599:
If George Floyd was white and the cop who killed him was black, I wonder the kind of reaction this would've been generating. Just me and my thoughts.

MODIFIED
For those quoting me with bile and vile, I would urge you to calm down and revisit your quotes. My comment has nothing to do with maltreatment of blacks or not. My comment is simply flipping a narrative to see a possible outcome in such eventuality. It has nothing to do with blacks vs whites.

Martowskin1
GeneralPula
BabaO2
Wman
Rebelutionary
take no notice of people's insults, those are ignoramuses who never thinks rationally, as you have noticed none of them has anything reasonable to atleast counter your comments with, the only thing they are very good at are insults and making derogatory remarks.

A white police man kills a black man, and i must call every white police or person racist.

I have 3 mixed raced children that is like calling their amazing mums racist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Bbbwings: 9:23am On Jun 01, 2020
logon599:

MODIFIED
While I understand the sensitivity of the topic and the kind of heated passion it's bound to generate, I also think that venting that passion on an all black forum is hypocrisy and counter productive. @Donald Trump's or @Minnesota police Twitter handles would be a more suitable place to start with venting your anger. Have a productive day

Martowskin1
GeneralPula
BabaO2
Wman
Rebelutionary
Mumu

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Jakemedg(m): 9:25am On Jun 01, 2020
zinodizt:
Nice one... But can you tell me exactly how a Nigerian can express his or herself.. peaceful protest definitely doesn’t work here social media doesn’t work so what can Nigerians Do.. I guess we don’t have to blame our brothers we should prefer solutions that can work here
What do you mean by peaceful protest doesn't work here?
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by luminouz(m): 9:25am On Jun 01, 2020
nrexzy:

So how does it relate to police brutality?

Police brutality in YOUR country? Nope...

Black lives matter in your OWN country bro

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Jakemedg(m): 9:28am On Jun 01, 2020
logon599:

MODIFIED
While I fully understand the sensitivity of the topic and the kind of heated passion it's bound to generate, I also think that venting that passion on an all black Nigerian forum is hypocrisy and counter productive. @Donald Trump's or @Minnesota police Twitter handles would be a more suitable place to start with venting your anger. Have a productive day

Martowskin1
GeneralPula
BabaO2
Wman
Rebelutionary
Don't mind the hypocrites
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by letitrainnow(m): 9:29am On Jun 01, 2020
It's well.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Jakemedg(m): 9:31am On Jun 01, 2020
Bbbwings:
Mumu
Why did you call him that?

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by themaestro08(m): 9:33am On Jun 01, 2020
wman:

Bro, please don't even go there. It has been happening to blacks for so long, and nothing is been done.

The police respect you as a white more than a black.

I hate to tell you this but in 2019 US police killed more whites than blacks
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by themaestro08(m): 9:36am On Jun 01, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Protest should be about the Unnecessary Killings going on from Continent to Continent!

[s][/s]Lives in Nigeria are slaughtered like chicken because of their Faith...[s][/s]

Until Humanity return to GOD in Humility and We Completely Surrender to HIM we will keep seeing this Evils..

Human life has Suddenly become Valueless..

We need Conscious Action not Just talk.

The World needs to Return to GOD and do away with Abominations and Wickedness

What will you gain from fanning flames of hatred and religious fanatism?

How about those who were killed by bandits in katsina, sokoto and zamfara? Hell no! You choose to turn a blind eye and only focus on southern Kaduna.

Damnit!
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by EdiskyHarry: 9:37am On Jun 01, 2020
martowskin1:

take ur thought and jump into a lagoon....

foolish Nigeria youth, go and read the history of black and see what they went through.... because u have cheap data and Andriod phone shouldn't stop u from adding sensors to your thought
Don't just waste your time giving attention to stupid people.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by themaestro08(m): 9:38am On Jun 01, 2020
bigstan11787:

Tomorrow

Its today
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by shiwex: 9:48am On Jun 01, 2020
bigstan11787:
I pray this bring a revolutionary change in American and the world at large.

RIP

Nothing will change my bro......White people cant see themselves taking orders from blacks....its just their mentality. Whites don't like a successful black person.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by gloryfidedesign(m): 9:48am On Jun 01, 2020
The blacks and all colours are human being too. we all have the breath of life that's why we are alive.
Respect all life peace and love.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Igbojihadist: 9:50am On Jun 01, 2020
bigstan11787:
The. Thing that baffles me is the way Nigerians carry the matter for their head like jerry coil..and the one that happens right under their nose, they just keep quiet.

Let me not mention the word hypocrisy sha
am telling you my brother, when we are leaving in fear in our own father land

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by JayPeeOham: 9:50am On Jun 01, 2020
[quote author=Algold post=90183304]It is a crime to be black in America, it is a bigger crime to be poor in Nigeria.[/quote

Exactly! Because the same way George was killed is the same way the poor are been treated in Nigeria!!!
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Justarandomguy: 9:52am On Jun 01, 2020
Pls Nigerians focus on ur own problem. Our people are getting killed everyday. Don't be hypocrites. Most of u didn't even know who this guy was, u guys follow everything u see social media like sheeps. Fight for ur country instead, there is a lot about to happen in Nigeria, open ur eyes ooooooo.

Fact: did u know its mainly blacks that were affected by this so called riot? Those business that are burned down and looted hire black people or are owned by mainly black people. Stop listening to twitter and CNN and use ur brain.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by zinodizt: 9:54am On Jun 01, 2020
Have u ever been to a peaceful protest in Nigeria.. just so you know ppl get shot during peaceful protest in Nigeria and nothing is done... Bros this is Nigeria
Jakemedg:
What do you mean by peaceful protest doesn't work here?
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by nrexzy: 10:17am On Jun 01, 2020
luminouz:

Police brutality in YOUR country? Nope...

Black lives matter in your OWN country bro

Ur police ain't whites and arrest ain't make based on tribal or racial sentiments
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Passionate1(m): 10:19am On Jun 01, 2020
bigstan11787:
The. Thing that baffles me is the way Nigerians carry the matter for their head like jerry coil..and the one that happens right under their nose, they just keep quiet.

Let me not mention the word hypocrisy sha

They are too weak and stupid. .
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Hypocrit: 10:20am On Jun 01, 2020
gypsey:
And this your insult does? grin chai! atleast he has an opinion, where are yours? insults? pppffffsss! sad
Actually, the opinion of the person he quoted counts that is why he quoted him...lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Congo Vs Nigeria: Who Is Your Man Of The Match? / Jorge Kanella Put Toe Into Alfie Davis’ Bum During Fight (Photos) / Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.