Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks (37789 Views)

Barcelona Fans Pay Tribute To Asisat Oshoala With A Moment Of Applause / Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd / Manchester United Stars Pay Emotional Tribute To Wayne Rooney (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:54am On Jun 01, 2020
What a beautiful sight to behold:

Americans of different races, black & white from different backgrounds, walks of life protesting and looting side by side, shoulder to shoulder.

The deeply rooted, entrenched hatred in the soul of the citizens will never make this kind of protest to be replicated in naija.

America the greatest country on earth
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by otokx(m): 7:55am On Jun 01, 2020
Algold:
It is a crime to be black in America, it is a bigger crime to be poor in Nigeria.

Not true about Nigeria

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Urchman200: 7:55am On Jun 01, 2020
logon599:
If George Floyd was white and the cop who killed him was black, I wonder the kind of reaction this would've been generating. Just me and my thoughts
the white are majority, so the minority always fear the strength of majority, is not like the black is any better, especially when u put Nigeria into context.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by ochos121: 7:55am On Jun 01, 2020
I cant breath.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by luminouz(m): 7:56am On Jun 01, 2020
nrexzy:
Black lives matter....
We are tired of all these white supremacist... They have stolen our culture, re-written our histories, enslaved us with Religion and still Taking our lifes.....

#beingblackisntacrime
#blacklivesmatter
#justiceforgeorgefloyd
#saynotorasicm

When will you talk about Leah Sharibu and the Edo girl that was raped to death recently?

3 Likes

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by blowjohn(m): 8:00am On Jun 01, 2020
But when a nigerian is murdered Nigerians start shouting on Twitter. Abeg u guys should keep quiet joor.
Black Americans sef. What is it with the looting since days back?
After ome idiot will call 50 cent or Nas or snoop dog and complain that they've forgotten the hood they left.
How will u grow and live the hood when it's this kind of nonsense u display?

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by DriggityDre: 8:00am On Jun 01, 2020
[s]
lekki1444:
When you stop this your nonsense get rich or die trying bling bling flossing debauchery hedonistic destructive get 1 million tattoo all over my body wear all the gold jewellery black culture
[/s]
Quit creating excuses for the supremacists to rule over you. None of these things you mentioned should warrant murder.

Gone are the days of slavery.
We live our lives like free people. A black man has the right to life, just like a white man.

The cop killed him unjustly, not even for those reasons you mentioned.
So STFU.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 01, 2020
Using their voices, as they should.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Crochet: 8:01am On Jun 01, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by DModeCntStopMe: 8:03am On Jun 01, 2020
shocked
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 01, 2020
sad
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by BabaO2: 8:05am On Jun 01, 2020
logon599:
If George Floyd was white and the cop who killed him was black, I wonder the kind of reaction this would've been generating. Just me and my thoughts
Illiterate, pls read, read and read with understanding the point everyone including Obama and few knowledgeable whites are driving at.

4 Likes

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by optimus106(m): 8:06am On Jun 01, 2020
IneedSugarMumy1:
I was surprised that we Nigerians carry the matter for head self

Police has been killing innocent people in Nigeria no protest
Our own no de pass social media

I wish we can learn from these guys

What have YOU done about it?

3 Likes

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by DModeCntStopMe: 8:08am On Jun 01, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
What a beautiful sight to behold:

Americans of different races, black & white from different backgrounds, walks of life protesting and looting side by side, shoulder to shoulder.

The deeply rooted, entrenched hatred in the soul of the citizens will never make this kind of protest to be replicated in naija.

America the greatest country on earth

Did anyone argue with you? Or you just want to stir up unnecessary matter that might never be settled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by optimus106(m): 8:08am On Jun 01, 2020
ochos121:
I cant breath.

Breathe

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Eillyeillz(m): 8:09am On Jun 01, 2020
Algold:
It is a crime to be black in America, it is a bigger crime to be poor in Nigeria.

Not just Poor, But being Nigerian.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Askng(m): 8:09am On Jun 01, 2020
George Floyd

Two hundred fatalities, hundred more to die,
The number keeps growing.
unbridled guns in the hands of sadistic cops,
another victim on choke hold.
he is not of their coat,
no need for the court.
we go there to mourn,
and “justice” a mere joke.
another victim is their statistics,
they brought their ancestors with guns.
Led them forcefully through the seas,
They build the place you called home.
yet murders their children at random,
do they have another home?
They obliterate history and silence the offspring by murders.
he knelt his neck to the grave,
he dares his maker for justice,
A deliberate murder in modern America.
The stretcher was waiting,
cause they meant to kill him.
indeed they killed him,
ensure he died, as he cried helplessly to deaf ears.
This is how they kill us in turns,
And for same offences by Johnny
they look the other way.
Hey Johnny “stay cool” & stay safe.
But they snuff his life out.
Just because his coat is different
again they killed another, who is next?

Goodnight George Floyd

https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/george_floyd_1256053

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Rebelutionary: 8:13am On Jun 01, 2020
logon599:
Folks like you who ask this question seem not to get why this is all happening.

This is not just happening because Floyd was murdered, this is happening because this has been happening over time where there is a disproportionate abuse and intimidation by the police on people of color. This was just a breaking point.

To give you a simple straightforward answer: there won't be this reaction because it would have been a one off. The government won't give the black policeman a slap on the wrist by firing him from the force but I bet you this investigation would be quicker "to instill confidence".

This isn't a Black vs White thing, its Black vs Racism as evidenced by the mix of people protesting!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by hollywater: 8:13am On Jun 01, 2020
bolaayenimo:
That's the most gruesome killing I have seen In recent times. Thank God for camera. They would have lied they did it self defense.

When will the killer cop be taken to court?
Today bro. In few hours from now.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by shogsman(m): 8:13am On Jun 01, 2020
IneedSugarMumy1:
I was surprised that we Nigerians carry the matter for head self

Police has been killing innocent people in Nigeria no protest
Our own no de pass social media

I wish we can learn from these guys
Hello,racism is quite different from police brutality

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by shogsman(m): 8:14am On Jun 01, 2020
frankblinkz:
Good gesture,i pray fifa don't come for the young lad..
Unless they want to share in the racism blame,they won't.

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by chubinwa(m): 8:16am On Jun 01, 2020
Blazebond:
Let black Americans take care of themselves,they (black Americans) are shitty racists themselves,and why are the sport starts not condemning the rioting and looting ? Why are they silent on the destructions taking place,black Americans ain't getting no bloody sympathy from me.
F*ck off. your opinion doesn't count.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by thorpido(m): 8:17am On Jun 01, 2020
HantaVirus:
Until we blacks start to realize that we are the superior race, we would be treated like animals... According to Kanye west, Slavery is a choice... People came for him for saying that but to me,thats one of the greatest thing I've heard from a black man since the days of Martin Luther King and Malcolm X.
Slavery is not a choice.People were forced(and still being forced) into slavery
Kanye is pro Trump and is one of the privileged blacks to make it so he can talk that way.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:17am On Jun 01, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:

Did anyone argue with you? Or you just want to stir up unnecessary matter that might never be settled.
I am trying to make the annoying people in this forum to see one of the reason why America is the greatest country on earth.

The hatred is too much haba! The hatred is obviously making them not to progress both individually and collectively.The only thing that seems to unite these people is FOOTBALL and ABUJA/LAGOS

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Jakemedg(m): 8:19am On Jun 01, 2020
bigstan11787:
The. Thing that baffles me is the way Nigerians carry the matter for their head like jerry coil..and the one that happens right under their nose, they just keep quiet.

Let me not mention the word hypocrisy sha
Wallahi i thought i was the only one who noticed this irritating hypocrisy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:20am On Jun 01, 2020
bolaayenimo:
That's the most gruesome killing I have seen In recent times. Thank God for camera. They would have lied they did it self defense.

Lies!
Far More gruesome killings have occured in our time here in Nigeria!
But i guess the western lives means more to you!

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Damcolly08(m): 8:21am On Jun 01, 2020
lekki1444:
When you stop this your nonsense get rich or die trying bling bling flossing debauchery hedonistic destructive get 1 million tattoo all over my body wear all the gold jewellery black culture

What's ur point bro?

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Phoenix9: 8:22am On Jun 01, 2020
bigstan11787:
The. Thing that baffles me is the way Nigerians carry the matter for their head like jerry coil..and the one that happens right under their nose, they just keep quiet.

What's baffling there my brother?
Condemn evil wherever it happens, be it in US or in Nigeria.
Has Nigerians not been criticizing our own local police brutality in their own way and style?
What keeps you from taking a lead in the very style you want us to take?
There are issues always everywhere, home and abroad.
It's always easy to lay on your comfy bed and be shouting 'Hypocrisy'.

3 Likes

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by dermmy(m): 8:23am On Jun 01, 2020
logon599:

Trash. This evil has been happening before your parents were born so don't go there. How many times have you seen a black cop murder an unarmed white man. A black cop won't do this.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by lekki1444: 8:24am On Jun 01, 2020
DriggityDre:
[s][/s]
Quit creating excuses for the supremacists to rule over you. None of these things you mentioned should warrant murder.

Gone are the days of slavery.
We live our lives like free people. A black man has the right to life, just like a white man.

The cop killed him unjustly, not even for those reasons you mentioned.
So STFU.
am telling you this lifestyle bleeds over to the worlds perception of you thats why nobody in the world wants black people in their countries to come and corrupt their people. just the other day they lynched an igbo man on the streets of india. you think this is ordinary eye ?
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by ebuk4real(m): 8:24am On Jun 01, 2020
bolaayenimo:

Today, so it was reported.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by martineverest(m): 8:25am On Jun 01, 2020
bigstan11787:

Nigeria is the most hypocritical nation in the world

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Congo Vs Nigeria: Who Is Your Man Of The Match? / Jorge Kanella Put Toe Into Alfie Davis’ Bum During Fight (Photos) / Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.