Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks (37796 Views)

Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd / Paderborn 1-6 Dortmund: Sancho Scores Hat-trick And Pays Tribute To George Floyd / Manchester United Stars Pay Emotional Tribute To Wayne Rooney (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Jakemedg(m): 10:27am On Jun 01, 2020
zinodizt:
Have u ever been to a peaceful protest in Nigeria.. just so you know ppl get shot during peaceful protest in Nigeria and nothing is done... Bros this is Nigeria
Well you're right
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 01, 2020
Hypocrit:
Actually, the opinion of the person he quoted counts that is why he quoted him...lol
exactly, i didn't think of that, you genius! grin

if the opinion caught his attention then it counts.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Hypocrit: 10:38am On Jun 01, 2020
Nuel4:

Nigerian police shot a 16 years old girl dead 4 days ago how many black Americans have mourned her? A girl was raped to death in Benin City 2 days ago how many black Americans even heard about it? Do they even know where Nigeria is on world map?
I think our own hypocrisy is natural. Any little thing far from home they are quick to lend their voice, energy and hashtag it, while the very once happening here they turn a blind eye and deaf ears. infants are rip from their mothers womb and slaughtered is not gruesome enough. I think we as citizens here are worst than the so called racist cops over there. After all the president want to fight terrorism and promote peace and oneness in westafrica while his own/home country is being consume by various fires. such is the state of the leaders and the citizens. HYPOCRITES.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by PinkHealthGroup: 10:40am On Jun 01, 2020
lekki1444:
When you stop this your nonsense get rich or die trying bling bling flossing debauchery hedonistic destructive get 1 million tattoo all over my body wear all the gold jewellery black culture
You are an asinine fool if you think Black culture reflects get rich ir die trying mentality. You are a worthless inbred. Tattooing your skin should not mean the death of you and fyi there are millions of Black americans who dont have any tattoos but are still maltreated and killed. You really need to leep quiet. Thunder fire your useless ancestors. Idiot
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Hypocrit: 10:48am On Jun 01, 2020
joshuaidibia:

Most gruesome killing you've seen in recent times? Are you in Nigeria at all?
I don't think he is a Nigerian. If at all he is then he don't leave here, but if he is truely a Nigerian and he also leaves here in Nigeria then it is either his sense of gruesomeness is quite weird or he is incapacitated in the eyes and the ears.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by PinkHealthGroup: 10:49am On Jun 01, 2020
lekki1444:
am telling you this lifestyle bleeds over to the worlds perception of you thats why nobody in the world wants black people in their countries to come and corrupt their people. just the other day they lynched an igbo man on the streets of india. you think this is ordinary eye ?
You are a greater idiot. If you got a visa to America you would be itching to visit yet your stupid ass does not know Black Americans fought for that right.

Nigerians and other Black ppl from your third world countries can visit there because their fight established the fact that all men were created equally through laws. Nigerian education has failed you wgen you dont even know your history. Lord Lugard - your fuccccking colonizer is still taught to kids as a hero and the person who disvovered* the Niger river. You dont know shiit but you open your shithole everyday to vomit rubbish. Learn from Black Americans ...go fight your elites for good roads and electric first oponu
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by lekki1444: 10:52am On Jun 01, 2020
PinkHealthGroup:
You are a greater idiot. If you got a visa to America you would be itching to visit yet your stupid ass does not know Black Americans fought for that right.

Nigerians and other Black ppl from your third world countries can visit there because their fight established the fact that all men were created equally through laws. Nigerian education has failed you wgen you dont even know your history. Lord Lugard - your fuccccking colonizer is still taught to kids as a hero and the person who disvovered* the Niger river. You dont know shiit but you open your shithole everyday to vomit rubbish. Learn from Black Americans ...go fight your elites for good roads and electric first oponu
i have lived in america for many years and i dont care for black americans. they are just as racist as white americans. they hate africans
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by PinkHealthGroup: 10:55am On Jun 01, 2020
lekki1444:
i have lived in america for many years and i dont care for black americans. they are just as racist as white americans. they hate africans

So every single Black American you met hated you? You Are not being truthful. Your likes probably tried to use their women for citizenship as usual
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Rebelutionary: 10:57am On Jun 01, 2020
logon599:
If George Floyd was white and the cop who killed him was black, I wonder the kind of reaction this would've been generating. Just me and my thoughts.

MODIFIED
For those quoting me with bile and vile, I would urge you to calm down and revisit your quotes. My comment has nothing to do with maltreatment of blacks or not. My comment is simply flipping a narrative to see a possible outcome in such eventuality. It has nothing to do with blacks vs whites.
While I fully understand the sensitivity of the topic and the kind of heated passion it's bound to generate, I also think that venting that passion on an all black Nigerian forum is hypocrisy and counter productive. @Donald Trump's or @Minnesota police Twitter handles would be a more suitable place to start with venting your anger. Have a productive day
1 I don't subscribe to people peddling slurs when we can have a civil conversation but hey it comes with the terrain, unfortunate as it is!

2. Read my mention I stated it clearly there that it wasn't a white vs black thing. So why mention me along with folks who maybe spilled bile on you?

3. Why are folks like you averse to people expressing themselves about this and any other issue they choose? When did you become the alpha determinant of publix discourse? Interestingly, your question doesn't seem to fit in an all black no American forum like Nairaland u kno...kettle calling pot black? A good place to "flip the narrative" will be reddit...

Peace
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by joshuaidibia(m): 10:57am On Jun 01, 2020
Hypocrit:
I don't think he is a Nigerian. If at all he is then he don't leave here, but if he is truely a Nigerian and he also leaves here in Nigeria then it is either his sense of gruesomeness is quite weird or he is incapacitated in the eyes and the ears.

"incapacitated in the eyes and the ears" grin
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by lekki1444: 10:59am On Jun 01, 2020
PinkHealthGroup:

So every single Black American you met hated you? You Are not being truthful. Your likes probably tried to use their women for citizenship as usual
i didnt have to use their women for citizenship, I was born in england. And i repeat i do not care for african americans and their culture of debauchery and hedonism .
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by uwelaa(m): 11:01am On Jun 01, 2020
RIP MAN!! As niaja is already resting in pieces!!
I rest my case!!
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Hypocrit: 11:02am On Jun 01, 2020
Jakemedg:
Why did you call him that?
You can't blame him that much... Is a defence mechanism when the brain is at tabularasa to the subject of discuss.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Joclebs(m): 11:06am On Jun 01, 2020
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Hypocrit: 11:11am On Jun 01, 2020
themaestro08:

What will you gain from fanning flames of hatred and religious fanatism?

How about those who were killed by bandits in katsina, sokoto and zamfara? Hell no! You choose to turn a blind eye and only focus on southern Kaduna.

Damnit!
Thanks for telling him that. I almost quoted him to point out his errors but i just decided to move on. He don't even know that siding with a belief against another belief is also racism (if there is a better word that can fit properly into that), especially when everyone are at the receiving end, which is against the teaching of the christain love he may have claimed to practise. We often too neglect the mirror.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by ProfAmaben(m): 11:41am On Jun 01, 2020
Racism can never leave this world no matter what. Let the Black community in America improve themselves and reduce their involvement in crime. Let the stop using that filthy nonsense slang they call English and try to position themselves better in the society.

I've never heard of any Chinese American killed by the police, that says a lot.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by colinsin(m): 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
That was just a plain hatred murder. Nothing else.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Chicastle: 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2020
How do the whites see blacks self?
Is it not the same human?
Though blacks anyway
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Tife20: 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hmm..

Racism cannot leave the world because day by day people breed hatred against each others

May have mercy

www.talkpalsforum.com

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by luminouz(m): 1:02pm On Jun 01, 2020
nrexzy:

Ur police ain't whites and arrest ain't make based on tribal or racial sentiments

You're Nigerian so act like you care about your own people instead of all these...

Unless u ain't Nigerian.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by nrexzy: 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
luminouz:

You're Nigerian so act like you care about your own people instead of all these...

Unless u ain't Nigerian.
I'm an African and I care about all Africans..
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by Semaj77(m): 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2020
bigstan11787:
The. Thing that baffles me is the way Nigerians carry the matter for their head like jerry coil..and the one that happens right under their nose, they just keep quiet.

Let me not mention the word hypocrisy sha

Did you mean jerry curl ?

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by luminouz(m): 2:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
nrexzy:

I'm an African and I care about all Africans..

Lmaoooo...

Really?

But the man in question is an American...
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by nrexzy: 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
luminouz:

Lmaoooo...

Really?

But the man in question is an American...

How was he described?
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by luminouz(m): 3:58pm On Jun 01, 2020
nrexzy:

How was he described?

You have no point.

Bye
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by nrexzy: 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
luminouz:

You have no point.

Bye

Kids
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by solz007(m): 12:39am On Jun 02, 2020
A Lot Of Humans But No Humanity Humans Treating Humans Like They Ain't One Of Their Kind. May God Help Us.
Re: George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks by bigstan11787(m): 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
Semaj77:

Did you mean jerry curl ?

Yea..thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Congo Vs Nigeria: Who Is Your Man Of The Match? / Jorge Kanella Put Toe Into Alfie Davis’ Bum During Fight (Photos) / Barcelona Fan Dies In Yola, Adamawa While Celebrating His Team's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.