Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time (40500 Views)

Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by espn(m): 9:13am On Jun 02, 2020
StreetFight:

And if one small Lagos Agbero give you small punch now, you go sit down for ground begun cry like new born baby wey im mama die.
I wasnt expecting a sensible comment though...
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by pretyval: 9:14am On Jun 02, 2020
robosky02:
So guys what do you make of this

When we have

Mohammed Alli. ..... For the older generation

And

Mike Tyson ... For the recent generation

Can we really say May weather is the greatest?

I just tire for this rating!! The guy has never stepped into a heavyweight ring.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by OBku4(m): 9:15am On Jun 02, 2020
Misleading post.

Boxrec said BEST (Based on results).. not greatest (skill, force, outside the ring showmanship etc)

So whether you and I agree or not, it's irrelevant cos...

Results don't lie

Money may!!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Hajokexyz: 9:20am On Jun 02, 2020
Muhammad Ali still remains the greatest.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by robosky02(m): 9:21am On Jun 02, 2020
pretyval:

I just tire for this rating!! The guy has never stepped into a heavyweight ring.

By his record his the goat
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Abuventure: 9:24am On Jun 02, 2020
espn:
You mean boxing or the play those kids do this days... boxing must be a joke...we are talking about flesh for flesh...blood for blood...not clowns called boxers...
what you don't know is greater than you

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Olodonairaland(m): 9:24am On Jun 02, 2020
Light weight boxer. Local champ he should come and fight Anthony Joshua. Before I can rate him number 1
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by espn(m): 9:24am On Jun 02, 2020
Abuventure:
what you don't know is greater than you
mtschewww
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by gargoyle: 9:26am On Jun 02, 2020
Bernard Hopkins over Sugar Ray leonard, Marvin Hagler and Robert Duran??

Where's Rocky Marciano and how in the world is Sugar Ray Robinson not Number 1?

Which Millenial compiled this yeye list?

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by gargoyle: 9:28am On Jun 02, 2020
Moralgladiator:
based on wins and losses yes!

Rocky Marciano had 0 losses and 0 draws and had an almost 90% KO record. Yet I don't see him there.

Yet, match fixer Mayweather is somehow there. And annoyingly no 1??

Make una dey fear God now

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by tarantino1: 9:30am On Jun 02, 2020
ValCon888:
Any list where Cassius Clay a.k.a Muhammad Ali isn't the no.1 boxer of all time is a useless list.

I'm shocked beyond belief the list doesn't include Joe Frazier.

The Baddest Man on the Planet, the only boxer who throws punches in bunches, and the youngest heavy weight champion of all time Iron Mike Tyson is not even in the top 10.

The clowns that compiled this list are high on angel dust.

Completely foolish list.
List wey Ali no be number one, wey no get Frazier, Foreman, the three greatest to ever walk in, especially Ali. Ali fought every major contender from Liston to Patterson to Frazier to Foreman to shavers all in their prime

He didn't wait for them to become older and tired like a certain Mayweather

Useless list

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by gargoyle: 9:32am On Jun 02, 2020
Sexyjigga:
Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier and Sugar Ray Robinson are the three greatest boxers of all time.

Please replace Joe frazier with Harry greb; the Pittsburgh windmill.

Then you're talking.

Then they somehow forgot Jack dempsey and Gene tuney (the fighting marine)

How come bernard hopkins and oscar dela hoya made it ahead of this guys

How come??

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by gargoyle: 9:33am On Jun 02, 2020
mrkings84:

And u think u know better than those that compiled this list??

I know better than them by far. Seeing the rubbish that they compiled. Its obvious they have zero knowledge of boxing history. ZERRRROOOOOO
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by tarantino1: 9:41am On Jun 02, 2020
koolaid87:
Yes sir,

You can call him the greatest. He never tasted defeat and fought all the best in his divisions.

Every other boxers in that list had tasted defeat.

So yes, he is the greatest

quote author=robosky02 post=90211417]So guys what do you make of this

When we have

Mohammed Alli. ..... For the older generation

And

Mike Tyson ... For the recent generation

Can we really say May weather is the greatest?

Why won't he taste no defeat when he fights men on the verge of retirement and a UFC fighter that calls himself a boxer.

Ali fought men, men in their prime that people were afraid to fight

Like Sonny Liston, Frazier, Shavers, Foreman. Check list of heavy hitters of all time, these names are in top 5. Ali fought all, all the best his generation had to offer at their prime.

This list is shitty. Check better lists Abeg
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by mrkings84(m): 9:41am On Jun 02, 2020
gargoyle:

I know better than them by far. Seeing the rubbish that they compiled. Its obvious they have zero knowledge of boxing history. ZERRRROOOOOO

And you never release your own list since. I know u didn't read their yardstick for the list.... Mchwww
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by tarantino1: 9:47am On Jun 02, 2020
abbey621:

Joker! None of those boxers could beat him in his prime, prime Tyson knocked people out in the first round. Tyson in his prime was 1986-1991, he was the baddest mudafudger to ever walk the ring, this nigga didn't box, he killed!

Buster Douglas beat him senseless in his prime. I don't think anybody would say a 26 years old boxer isn't in his prime.

Tyson was good yes, but against bigger men who were not scared of him, who knew how to box properly and to use their reach advantage against him, he was schooled.
He tried sha being only 5'10. He was good but he wasn't even the best in his generation

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by tarantino1: 9:47am On Jun 02, 2020
ednut1:
and who exactly did he beat I see old washed up fighters. Many were scared before entering the ring. When he faced top notch opposition he has no answer

Thank you jare. He rode on the intimidation factor, but when his opponents weren't scared, it was only a matter of time his back kissed the mat
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by iqiq: 9:47am On Jun 02, 2020
Wow
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Ayobami7(m): 9:49am On Jun 02, 2020
Seen
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by tarantino1: 9:52am On Jun 02, 2020
omonnakoda:

Larry Holmes was old ,a FORMER champion on a COMEBACK trail.

Question is why he never fought Lennox Lewis,Holyfield, Riddick Bowe, Michael Moorer, Oliver McCall in that period you mention

Why was he fighting Buster Douglas Jnr instead of Holyfield?
Tyson was good but he was also a cash cow for Don King used to scam the public. He avoided fights with key people of similar age to himself before going to prison

Tyson was even scared to fight an old George Foreman that just came back to test the waters. Lol

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by jimb(m): 9:59am On Jun 02, 2020
una come get mind kill im brother,
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by gargoyle: 10:08am On Jun 02, 2020
mrkings84:

And you never release your own list since. I know u didn't read their yardstick for the list.... Mchwww

I go release am now.

Your own boxing knowledge stops at Mike Tyson Muhammad Ali, Mayweather and pacquaio.

Just a regular joe
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 02, 2020
As long as there is no lennox Lewis on this list, this list is among the top 10 most useless lists of all times
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by mrkings84(m): 10:13am On Jun 02, 2020
gargoyle:

I go release am now.

Your own boxing knowledge stops at Mike Tyson Muhammad Ali, Mayweather and pacquaio.

Just a regular joe

Ain't going anywhere today so am waiting!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Rotentik19: 10:15am On Jun 02, 2020
What of Bash Ali I just dey ask o grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Clinghton: 10:28am On Jun 02, 2020
They Floyd' s are reinging
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Judolisco(m): 10:30am On Jun 02, 2020
ValCon888:
Any list where Cassius Clay a.k.a Muhammad Ali isn't the no.1 boxer of all time is a useless list.

I'm shocked beyond belief the list doesn't include Joe Frazier.

The Baddest Man on the Planet, the only boxer who throws punches in bunches, and the youngest heavy weight champion of all time Iron Mike Tyson is not even in the top 10.

The clowns that compiled this list are high on angel dust.
Mike Tyson grin shey make dem put deontey wilder 2 since u no Sabi boxing
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 02, 2020
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by sunkieisland(m): 10:41am On Jun 02, 2020
Which kain list be this?

No Iron Mike
And Cassius Clay is not even top 3 behind someone that lost 9 matches....

Imagine, No Klitschko with 64, 4, 0

It shows the *credibility* of the list.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Judolisco(m): 10:41am On Jun 02, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
on paper, yes he is, but the reality is that, if Mike Tyson isnt on that list, then these people dont know what greatest fighter means.

forget their losses, MIKE TYSON is the greatest fighter that ever lived, no questions about it....followed closely by Ali.
what are you saying na go to YouTube watch tyson vs holyfield watch tyson vs Lennox.... D only person that was not included on that list and should be there is Vitaly Vladimirovich Klitschko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kanu's Message To Alex Iwobi As He Signs For Everton / Akwa United Coach Attacked In Kano After Kano Pillars Lost (Photos) / Women World Cup: USA Team Welcomed Home By Thousands Of Fans In New York(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.