Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,351 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time (40471 Views)

Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by tatatar: 10:42am On Jun 02, 2020
Best and Greatest should be two different things.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Judolisco(m): 10:46am On Jun 02, 2020
spiritedtete:
This is a stupid list... they were suppose to group them in title categories... would a Mayweather survive a Klitschko abeg... who ever compiled this list is a Joker.

Mayweather that can't compete in world heavyweight...

"shoe get size.. okirika get quality" oinn!

Nb: before you come on my mention make sure you read to understand my comment. I have been seeing some incomprehensible shallow brians... Jumping on my mention like an untamed rabid dog... please let's be guided.
lol no be WWE wrestling we dey talk for here bros
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by africandollar: 10:49am On Jun 02, 2020
I think it’s stupid to put this Lilliputian in the same class as Ali or Tyson. Maybe for his weight category he’s the best but pound for pound if he faced of with Iron Mike at the same age he wouldn’t last one half a round with Tyson.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by toyinjimoh(m): 10:56am On Jun 02, 2020
ValCon888:
Any list where Cassius Clay a.k.a Muhammad Ali isn't the no.1 boxer of all time is a useless list.

I'm shocked beyond belief the list doesn't include Joe Frazier.

The Baddest Man on the Planet, the only boxer who throws punches in bunches, and the youngest heavy weight champion of all time Iron Mike Tyson is not even in the top 10.

The clowns that compiled this list are high on angel dust.
I presumed d list was compiled by covid19 patient in a critical condition....Rubbish list
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by XYZ123: 10:58am On Jun 02, 2020
Where is Joe Frazier, George Foreman, and Mike Tyson? . Whoever compiled this list is a joker.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Donmichaelz(m): 11:01am On Jun 02, 2020
espn:
You mean boxing or the play those kids do this days... boxing must be a joke...we are talking about flesh for flesh...blood for blood...not clowns called boxers...
Boxers of this Era are the best of boxers ... from the way you talk you only watch highlights... Muhammad Ali can not I repeat can not Defeat Anthony Joshua and co.. I have watched a lot of his fight .. he can go a round without landing 4 punches ... I stand corrected...

May weather is not heavy weight so I would disagree . But saying kids this days , lols you don’t know anything about boxing go and sit down .. talk when you watch the boxing itself ...

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by brainhgeek(m): 11:03am On Jun 02, 2020
muykem:
At which category? You comparing welterweight with heavyweight.

Welterweight is not beans, you should try it if it is.
Still respect that guy. He is the most successful boxer ever. 50 fights and no draw, no loss. Even when he spiced up boxing with wrestling.
Ali, Mike Tyson and co. were great and it would be gross disrespect to unlist them or sing their song but Floyd was phenomenal in his days by being the only man in the list to stand unbeaten in 50 whooping bouts.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by omonnakoda: 11:12am On Jun 02, 2020
Sexyjigga:
Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier and Sugar Ray Robinson are the three greatest boxers of all time.
Joe Fazier cannot be considered greater than George Foreman.
They fought twice.
Foreman beat him like a child twice . The gap between them was humiliating
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Donmichaelz(m): 11:13am On Jun 02, 2020
All of you saying he is not the greatest don’t watch boxing .. to me he is not , in boxing we have other greats such as Rocky , mike Tyson , Klitcko brothers , Tyson fury , evander holifield ,Ali etc who were heavyweights and great.. Mayweather is not heavyweight but his fights can not be compared with those guys .. he makes the most money but he doesn’t give the best fight

Anyone who says Muhammad Ali is the greatest probably didn’t watch him .. you were told he was the greatest and you accepted it ..

Muhammad Ali do a lot of running around too while fighting..

So who is the greatest boxer ?

The answer is I don’t know ... perhaps we should not have conversations like this because the sports evolves everyday

The greatest is Not to be decided by a random person who uses wealth to judge or those who only watch highlights of big fights or those who were told Ali was the greatest and Never saw him fight even once
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by uunwanaobong3: 11:13am On Jun 02, 2020
So much for a man who run around the throwing weak punches and fearful of engaging his opponents, and always winning by majority decision with only two knock out throughout his carrier............ America press again

I don't consider light weight as boxing...... My opinion.

Boxing is refer to as heavy weight
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by ZooOga: 11:27am On Jun 02, 2020
ValCon888:
Any list where Cassius Clay a.k.a Muhammad Ali isn't the no.1 boxer of all time is a useless list.

I'm shocked beyond belief the list doesn't include Joe Frazier.

The Baddest Man on the Planet, the only boxer who throws punches in bunches, and the youngest heavy weight champion of all time Iron Mike Tyson is not even in the top 10.

The clowns that compiled this list are high on angel dust.

true talk. the list is rubbish and mayweather is a f-in coon extraordinaire!

Check Out Photos From Late Muhammad Ali's Visit To Nigeria In 1964
https://www.heraldnigeria.com/2016/06/check-out-photos-from-late-muhammad.html

In pictures: Muhammad Ali's love affair with Africa
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-36469288

Floyd Mayweather asks not what he can do for Africa but what has Africa ever done for him?

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/boxing/floyd-mayweather-asks-not-what-he-can-do-for-africa-but-what-has-africa-ever-done-for-him-25113
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Papadoh(m): 11:27am On Jun 02, 2020
Lord knows i needed a good joke to brighten my day, thanks for this lol.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Papadoh(m): 11:31am On Jun 02, 2020
omonnakoda:

Joe Fazier cannot be considered greater than George Foreman.
They fought twice.
Foreman beat him like a child twice . The gap between them was humiliating
You know you don't have to beat every single fighter you face to be considered the greatest, right?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by sulasa07(m): 11:35am On Jun 02, 2020
robosky02:
So guys what do you make of this

When we have

Mohammed Alli. ..... For the older generation

And

Mike Tyson ... For the recent generation

Can we really say May weather is the greatest?
Abegi,who is Mayweather coz I'm sure we are now in June
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by MT: 11:36am On Jun 02, 2020
EVILFOREST:
The only UNDEFEATED.
The only Boxer with the name, " UNDEFEATED " but not the GREATEST.

Have you heard of Joe Calzaghe before?. A British boxer and retired undefeated too.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by pretyval: 11:37am On Jun 02, 2020
robosky02:

By his record his the goat

Make the goat fight Cow make we see na
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Papadoh(m): 11:38am On Jun 02, 2020
Donmichaelz:
Boxers of this Era are the best of boxers ... from the way you talk you only watch highlights... Muhammad Ali can not I repeat can not Defeat Anthony Joshua and co..

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by omonnakoda: 11:39am On Jun 02, 2020
Papadoh:
You know you don't have to beat every single fighter you face to be considered the greatest, right?
Sure
But there is no one who knows anything about boxing g that can consider Frazier better than Foreman

Go and look at Foreman's record. When he fought Ali he was unbeaten He came back I his Forties and knocked out Moorer to become world champion.

He did not just beat Frazier he humiliated him twice.
Also go and look at what he did to Ken Norton.

Going by your argument many would even argue he was greater than Ali

Just spend a minute to check his record on Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Foreman

When he fought Ali at the age of 25 he was already 40-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tau2O1WHXhQ
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Numerouno94(m): 11:40am On Jun 02, 2020
Jokerman:
Only a Barcelona fan can create a useless list such as this

U mean Penaldo fans?

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 02, 2020
careytommy37:

Mike Tysonn reigned from 1983-1997. He was on top for 14 good years
I would love you to go back and watch him.
He reigned most during his first few years before he became a professional boxer.
He wasn't a champion for long, and when he was figured out as one who will be too weak to go the distance, his domination started going down.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 02, 2020
1stola:
[s][/s]
You know nothing!
Just like those fools who compiled the list.
All some of you know how to do is to insult people with opposite views and that's very bad.

How many boxers have you watched that you know more than everyone?

You think boxing started in early 80s?

Some people are ardent supporters of boxing or better still, sports in general that they follow the history from beginning.

And by the way, Tyson had the power but there are some boxers that are everything a boxer should be, from power to technical prowes to stamina, etc.

Sugar Ray Robinson could go 15 rounds and still best his opponents most times.

How many 12 rounds did Tyson encountered in his time?

When he was figured to be a 6 round fighter, most boxers kept him until he became vulnerable in the later rounds and they finished him.

Imagine him having a 35-0 record of 30 knockouts, but ended having 6 losses and about 7 draws with 21 wins in his later days.

Do you also want me to tell you how his promoters fixed a fight with weak opponents just to boost his morale afterwards? That's how he got most of those 21 wins in his later days.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by habsydiamond(m): 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2020
before rating the best in boxing one has to consider categories. if a heavyweight champ is not the best ever then that list is a fake one...i repeat its fake

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by abels(m): 12:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
espn:
You mean boxing or the play those kids do this days... boxing must be a joke...we are talking about flesh for flesh...blood for blood...not clowns called boxers...
you de craze
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by omonnakoda: 12:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
careytommy37:

Mike Tysonn reigned from 1983-1997. He was on top for 14 good years

How old are you?
Stop talking rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
tarantino1:

Buster Douglas beat him senseless in his prime. I don't think anybody would say a 26 years old boxer isn't in his prime.

Tyson was good yes, but against bigger men who were not scared of him, who knew how to box properly and to use their reach advantage against him, he was schooled.
He tried sha being only 5'10. He was good but he wasn't even the best in his generation
Finally, someone who understands what boxing is.
Those people shouting Tyson don't know how his management fixed weak matches for him sometimes and bow most of those weak opponents already lost before the fights.

Tyson is good but not in the too 5 in my list of best fighters in the heavyweight division not to talk about all divisions put together.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by 1stola: 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
kingkakaone:

All some of you know how to do is to insult people with opposite views and that's very bad.

How many boxers have you watched that you know more than everyone?

You think boxing started in early 80s?

Some people are ardent supporters of boxing or better still, sports in general that they follow the history from beginning.

And by the way, Tyson had the power but there are some boxers that are everything a boxer should be, from power to technical prowes to stamina, etc.

Sugar Ray Robinson could go 15 rounds and still best his opponents most times.

How many 12 rounds did Tyson encountered in his time?

When he was figured to be a 6 round fighter, most boxers kept him until he became vulnerable in the later rounds and they finished him.

Imagine him having a 35-0 record of 30 knockouts, but ended having 6 losses and about 7 draws with 21 wins in his later days.

Do you also want me to tell you how his promoters fixed a fight with weak opponents just to boost his morale afterwards? That's how he got most of those 21 wins in his later days.

See nonsense analysis asking how many 12 round Tyson...

You think boxing is like WWE drama?

Why waste time and energy when your power and techniques can take your opponents out even in the first round?

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by Starhearts: 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
spiritedtete:

How do you pass exam again... ?? Can't you see i said they were supposed to be grouped in "categories" how do you people manage to read without understanding.. this baffles me honestly.

Or does a Mayweather fight in the heavyweight category??

For the record.. learn to be constructive without necessarily insulting. Becuase all of us dey write for faceless forum no mean say monkey fit stay same forest with lion.

Pls don't pass ur boundary?
My next comments will be destructive
Am not a social media bark Dog.
Last warning
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by adegunahmed(m): 12:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
abbey621:

Joker! None of those boxers could beat him in his prime, prime Tyson knocked people out in the first round. Tyson in his prime was 1986-1991, he was the baddest mudafudger to ever walk the ring, this nigga didn't box, he killed!

Tyson cannot defeat George Foreman in is prime...when you talk a killer,,,it should be the prime Big George....

Muhammed Ali survive George Foreman after 3 and half years in exile (prison inclusive), he dismantle George even when everyone counted him out,, a big underdog for the big powerful Goerge.........

In Ali's prime age 22,,, Nobody could possibly beat him,,,he was always unscratched,,,

The man that punch like an Heavyweight and float like a Welterweight.....

BTW. The list is incomplete without the lengendary sugar Ray Leonard and Robinson.....and this generation lengend Lennooooox Lewiiiiiiis ���....

Tyson never beat any Great at their prime only old fellas like Larry homes and Micheal spinks who retired after....
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by espn(m): 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
abels:
you de craze
you dey mad...
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by stanliwise(m): 1:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
9jayes:
I only knew or heard about Mayweather in 2015 maybe because I'm not a fan of boxing but I've been hearing about Muhammed Ali, Mike Tyson ever since, how come the unpopular Mayweather top them.

Any liverpool fan in the house say hi.

I buy and sell Btc, PayPal, Payoneer or cashApp any amount at very juicy rate

may weather has always been a champion from day 1. although he is a feather weight boxer I hope you know
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by stanliwise(m): 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2020
Olodonairaland:
Light weight boxer. Local champ he should come and fight Anthony Joshua. Before I can rate him number 1
you dont understand boxing. punches is all about body weight. Mayweather by nature has been disadvantaged not to have such weight so he will never contest against any heavyweight boxer. if you can reduce the heavyweight champions we have now to lightweight, I can bet that Mayweather in his prime will knock out 80% of them and have a 99-100% win rate. He is one of the best strategic boxer I have ever seen in my life.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time by stanliwise(m): 1:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
africandollar:
I think it’s stupid to put this Lilliputian in the same class as Ali or Tyson. Maybe for his weight category he’s the best but pound for pound if he faced of with Iron Mike at the same age he wouldn’t last one half a round with Tyson.
Oga stop being naive jare. Which one is pound for pound? Iron Mike has more weight than Mayweather. so that is cheating already. if you want real fight then upgrade his weight to heavyweight(which might be impossible except surgically).
If this happen i can bet that Mayweather will take out Mike Tyson in no time. He doesn't use power like Iron Mike. he is the best strategic boxer to ever exist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Let The Fight Continue– Cristiano Ronaldo Says After Winning His 5th Ballon d’Or / Harry Maguire Forgets He Was The Captain For Man Utd / Cristiano Ronaldo Helping His Son With His Homework (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.