Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,336 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, (100055 Views)

How To Earn Regular Daily Income As A Driver With Roosca! - / How To Become An Email Copywriter And Earn 300k Every Month / How To Become An Email Copywriter And Earn A Comfortable Living With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by shakyum: 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
I missed the 2016 thread, I am gonna follow this one bomber to bomber. to those that are taking those tips for granted, people are paying to get less of what we are getting for free. I went through the 2016 thread December last year from the beginning to the end and I saw that people that knew nothing about making money online started making cool cash, I used part of the knowledge to set up my fiverr account. Alot of things have changed and had nobody to guide me through some certain things then boom, boss Venzal started another thread. I personally encourage everyone to take this thread very serious, this might just be your financial breakthrough. To Venzal, may God continue to enrich you in more wisdom and understanding, your type is rare.

26 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by ifimabel11(f): 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
Wowwww
I'm going to start that practice immediately
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by wixemmy(m): 7:18pm On Jun 09, 2020
Venzal:
The 3 Main TYPES of EMAILS…

This is kind of hard to explain.

But I am going to give it my best shot.

So every email you write won’t be the same.

Some emails will have LINKS to a sales page and others will not.

Now, a sales page is another type of copywriting page that convinces people to buy a product.

The sales pages are usually 15X longer than emails.

The GOAL of most emails is to lead people to this SALES page.

And the GOAL of the sales page is to get people to buy the product.

Do you understand that?

Kindly read that again if you did not get it at first.

Now, like I was saying, not every email you write will have links.

Some emails will just be about to BUILD A RELATIONSHIP with the subscribers.

So such emails do not need a link.

The reason you will write emails to build a relationship will be because of this marketing rule known as the KLT rule.

Now in marketing, people are more likely to buy from you when they already know you.

If a stranger says to you “hey, I have this N50,000 product… come and buy.”

You are more likely to scoff and lash out with a confident NO – especially in this online when people can easily scam people.

You following me?

So the KLT rule states that for you to make seamless sales you have to get people to KNOW, LIKE, and TRUST you.

In marketing, the easiest way to do this is to give away FREE content.

So what most businesses do is that they invite you into their lists by bribing you with maybe a free ebook, a free video, a free course etc.

Then from there on, they will start sending you emails that try to further help you with the particular topic you signed up for.

As you receive those emails you start to know this person…

You start to like them… (I mean, who doesn’t like free stuff?!)…

Then you start to TRUST them…

So later down the line when they say “Hi, I have got this stuff that can benefit you, it sells for 30,000 but today you can get it for 15,000 if you hurry now.” You are now more likely to buy than when you just first met them, not so?

The emails that convert subscribers from strangers into FANS are called RELATIONAL emails.

And they are usually in a series of up to at least 5.

Here is an example of such email I wrote for a client in 2017:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bHuOPR1uGo7KcJ6aieIZwFvrQ8Fwhq2ulweAURlRREc/edit?usp=sharing

PLEASE, those emails are copyrighted. DO NOT share them with clients as though you wrote them yourself. If you do that and you get in trouble, you are DEFINITELY on your own. I am only sharing them with you as an example to further aid your learning.

The next type of email is called PROMOTIONAL EMAILS.

These are the most popular types of emails and they are meant to sell something.

It could be a course…

An eBook…

A physical product.

There will be a web page where details of this product have been listed. The benefits of this product etc.

So the emails will be written to push people to go and view that web page (also called a sales letter) so that they buy what is being sold.

The Last Type of Emails Is Called TRANSACTIONAL EMAILS

They are kind of miscellaneous emails that are sent to acknowledge the action taken by a subscriber.

For example:

A “thank you for your purchase” email.

Emails that also confirm customers’ orders, fall under this category.

You also have emails that ask for a review from a buyer etc.

Now that you understand all of these types of emails, you are definitely now going to know which emails you write that should carry a link and so on and so forth.
I must commend you for the wonderful job you doing here, have being this thread diligently and as a newbie I must confess have learnt a lot already.

But pls the web address 'mindboss.com what exactly is it use for?

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by FunnyDude(m): 8:19pm On Jun 09, 2020
Nice work at Venzal. I could remember your thread in 2016, how you made an impact in many of us grin.

I'm following this

Let me chip in this...

"How To Write A Great Sales Copy Generally"

*Open your introductory paragraph with a story-based, include stories from your personal life or others. Story sells. People love reading stories.

**Let your copy be in a friendly, one-on-one and conversational tone.

*** Basic use of English is fine. You don't need much grammar, trust me.

**** Tell a story, relate it to your product, and then insert a call to action (CTA) at the end.

No knowledge is a waste in copywriting

Read here>>> https://www.nairaland.com/4605959/how-make-above-40k-every

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Ayobamms: 8:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
I just hope this thread won't be hijacked like the previous ones. cry
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Touchypro(m): 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
Venzal:
I am not going to abandon it bro, I am juggling a lot of things. I personally wish I had 48 hours in a day grin
Great I just finished watching the kopywriting kourse videos and tbh it was really enlightening. Thanks for your selflessness, more ink to your pen �

3 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by robotix: 9:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
Henrique99:
wow..I wanted to learn forex trading base on the email I got from mr.pat but the cost was just too much
YOU can not learn forex that way.
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Venzal: 9:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
Touchypro:
Great I just finished watching the kopywriting kourse videos and tbh it was really enlightening. Thanks for your selflessness, more ink to your pen �

Glad you took the time out to go through it. Well done.

3 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Venzal: 9:27pm On Jun 09, 2020
wixemmy:

I must commend you for the wonderful job you doing here, have being this thread diligently and as a newbie I must confess have learnt a lot already.

But pls the web address 'mindboss.com what exactly is it use for?

That was the sales letter selling the client's product.

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Venzal: 9:31pm On Jun 09, 2020
OYENIYIJK:

Thanks for the good work sir

Please I have edit my upwork account but it is still showing me web job. Will it take some times or am still doing something wrong?

Modified: wordswriter, abeg come and help me. Boss dey offline
You probably didn't edit the main category. Remember that place where you chose 4 web and mobile development related skills? That's where you should make your major change from.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by SuleimanKano(m): 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
Venzal:
No, I wasn't banned. Just have a lot of things on my plate. But I am determined to push this thread through to the end. So no worries, I will keep on posting.
Good to have you back Boss. Very insightful articles to build relationships before offering one's atomic bomb (Sales Page) This will really come in handy when one is seeking end-user for domains. Thanks a bunch.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by xfactordv: 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
how do we get the grammarly account at a cheap price Mr Venzal

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by optimistic1234: 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
Venzal:
The 3 Main TYPES of EMAILS…

This is kind of hard to explain.

But I am going to give it my best shot.

So every email you write won’t be the same.

Some emails will have LINKS to a sales page and others will not.

Now, a sales page is another type of copywriting page that convinces people to buy a product.

The sales pages are usually 15X longer than emails.

The GOAL of most emails is to lead people to this SALES page.

And the GOAL of the sales page is to get people to buy the product.

Do you understand that?

Kindly read that again if you did not get it at first.

Now, like I was saying, not every email you write will have links.

Some emails will just be about to BUILD A RELATIONSHIP with the subscribers.

So such emails do not need a link.

The reason you will write emails to build a relationship will be because of this marketing rule known as the KLT rule.

Now in marketing, people are more likely to buy from you when they already know you.

If a stranger says to you “hey, I have this N50,000 product… come and buy.”

You are more likely to scoff and lash out with a confident NO – especially in this online when people can easily scam people.

You following me?

So the KLT rule states that for you to make seamless sales you have to get people to KNOW, LIKE, and TRUST you.

In marketing, the easiest way to do this is to give away FREE content.

So what most businesses do is that they invite you into their lists by bribing you with maybe a free ebook, a free video, a free course etc.

Then from there on, they will start sending you emails that try to further help you with the particular topic you signed up for.

As you receive those emails you start to know this person…

You start to like them… (I mean, who doesn’t like free stuff?!)…

Then you start to TRUST them…

So later down the line when they say “Hi, I have got this stuff that can benefit you, it sells for 30,000 but today you can get it for 15,000 if you hurry now.” You are now more likely to buy than when you just first met them, not so?

The emails that convert subscribers from strangers into FANS are called RELATIONAL emails.

And they are usually in a series of up to at least 5.

Here is an example of such email I wrote for a client in 2017:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bHuOPR1uGo7KcJ6aieIZwFvrQ8Fwhq2ulweAURlRREc/edit?usp=sharing

PLEASE, those emails are copyrighted. DO NOT share them with clients as though you wrote them yourself. If you do that and you get in trouble, you are DEFINITELY on your own. I am only sharing them with you as an example to further aid your learning.

The next type of email is called PROMOTIONAL EMAILS.

These are the most popular types of emails and they are meant to sell something.

It could be a course…

An eBook…

A physical product.

There will be a web page where details of this product have been listed. The benefits of this product etc.

So the emails will be written to push people to go and view that web page (also called a sales letter) so that they buy what is being sold.

The Last Type of Emails Is Called TRANSACTIONAL EMAILS

They are kind of miscellaneous emails that are sent to acknowledge the action taken by a subscriber.

For example:

A “thank you for your purchase” email.

Emails that also confirm customers’ orders, fall under this category.

You also have emails that ask for a review from a buyer etc.

Now that you understand all of these types of emails, you are definitely now going to know which emails you write that should carry a link and so on and so forth.

How are you getting the link? From client??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Phantomhilz: 10:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
Greetings all

@ Venzal thank you so much.

Please can I use an email that iveI used before?
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by adsmaster: 12:15am On Jun 10, 2020
Venzal:
HERE'S A BIG TIME SECRET:

Do NOT look at the short term goals...

Look at the BIG picture.

Look at yourself and ask... if I settle down and learn this thing and decide to become good at it in the next 90 days, what is this going to mean for my FUTURE?

Many people are just interested in short wins.

I want you to CHANGE that mindset if that is you.

If you decide to commit to this longterm, the day will come when $1000/month will become a child's play.

You will have this skill in your back pocket... and clients will be the ones chasing you.

At first though, it is NOT going to happen like that.

That's why you need RUGGED DETERMINATION to make this work.

So don't focus on the short term. Think of it longterm. Where would I be with this skill in the next 3, 6 months from now?

HERE'S SOMETHING POWERFUL:

If you are ready to commit to this longterm, then here is a practice that will help you immensely.

If you have subscribed to all the email lists I recommended, choose one or two of them and start to write out their emails by hand EVERY MORNING when you wake up.

NOTE: I didn't say type. Nope. Get a book and pen, and HANDWRITE the emails these guys shoot out everyday.

Stop this after 66 days (2 months PLUS).

If you can take this simple advice, I promise that in 2 months time, you have INGRAINED this skill into your subconscious and you'd start to see things get easier for you.

What is the secrete behind these ordinance,ritual or practice another top copywriter I follow also said so..

Wow! Guess these I what it really takes, am left with no option than to just do it.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by SuleimanKano(m): 12:17am On Jun 10, 2020
FunnyDude:
Nice work at Venzal. I could remember your thread in 2016, how you made an impact in many of us grin.

I'm following this

Let me chip in this...

"How To Write A Great Sales Copy Generally"

*Open your introductory paragraph with a story-based, include stories from your personal life or others. Story sells. People love reading stories.

**Let your copy be in a friendly, one-on-one and conversational tone.

*** Basic use of English is fine. You don't need much grammar, trust me.

**** Tell a story, relate it to your product, and then insert a call to action (CTA) at the end.

No knowledge is a waste in copywriting

Read here>>> https://www.nairaland.com/4605959/how-make-above-40k-every
A community service to us here did be appreciated.
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Neroiam(m): 3:31am On Jun 10, 2020
Henrique99:
wow..I wanted to learn forex trading base on the email I got from mr.pat but the cost was just too much

if you're looking at part time trading, i can walk you through the process. @drillonn on telegram, 08157757238 on whatsapp

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Macgyver1: 7:39am On Jun 10, 2020
Meklex:
I started with $5, then $10, now $20 for an email copy of 200 words (at most). Everything depends your skill and confidence level like Venzal mentioned.

For me, I learned on the job so I wasn't so confident I could do it back then. But now, I am thinking of increasing my fee to $30 at least (for one email).

So, the first thing to do is to learn the job, and you can slap $100 on your basic offering if you wish.

Can you recommend any fiverr review seller with foreign account?
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Meklex(m): 8:18am On Jun 10, 2020
Macgyver1:

Can you recommend any fiverr review seller with foreign account?
no
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by sugarsoul(m): 8:54am On Jun 10, 2020
Wooow. Finished reading from page 1 to here because of my hunger for building something more sustainable online. I've bookmarked pages with more specific information till I get my notebook today. Amazing reveals
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by WordsWriter: 8:59am On Jun 10, 2020
xfactordv:
how do we get the grammarly account at a cheap price Mr Venzal

Co ask

Cc oga Venzal

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Graxie(f): 9:04am On Jun 10, 2020
Good morning venzal, please how long can my account be on private without upwork blocking it, I intend editing and going public after learning.

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Venzal: 9:13am On Jun 10, 2020
Graxie:
Good morning venzal, please how long can my account be on private without upwork blocking it, I intend editing and going public after learning.
They don't block it. When an account is private nothing really bad happens. They only stop it from appearing on search terms and showing it in public to clients.

That means clients cannot see your profile to send you a direct invite to their job.

5 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Venzal: 9:17am On Jun 10, 2020
WordsWriter:

Co ask

Cc oga Ven.zal
Alright.. almost forgot this one:

Just head over to eBay and type this in the search box:

Grammarly premium account.

Please, when you start making enough income down the line make sure to revert back to getting your account from the REAL grammarly website.

This eBay option right now is just to help you as someone starting out newly.

But when business starts booming, invest in the real thing. That what's business owners do -- they pay for valuable assets to help their businesses.

CC Everyone.

33 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by WordsWriter: 9:20am On Jun 10, 2020
Venzal:
Alright.. almost forgot this one:

Just head over to eBay and type this in the search box:

Grammarly premium account.

Please, when you start making enough income down the line make sure to revert back to getting your account from the REAL grammarly website.

This eBay option right now is just to help you as someone starting out newly.

But when business starts booming, invest in the real thing. That what's business owners do -- they pay for valuable assets to help their businesses.

CC Everyone.

Thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Venzal: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2020
adsmaster:

What is the secrete behind these ordinance,ritual or practice another top copywriter I follow also said so..

Wow! Guess these I what it really takes, am left with no option than to just do it.
The brain is an abso-freaking-lutely powerful tool. By the time you start handwriting copy by hand every single day for a long duration of time, you start to imprint the skill into your psyche.

You will begin to repeatedly spot certain patterns. Long story short: the practice will make you a natural.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by TerryMcGinis(m): 9:23am On Jun 10, 2020
Touchypro:

Where did u get d videos pls? I must've missed somthing.
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Venzal: 9:23am On Jun 10, 2020
Phantomhilz:
Greetings all

@ Ven.zal thank you so much.

Please can I use an email that iveI used before?
To open an Upwork account? No, you can't.
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Venzal: 9:24am On Jun 10, 2020
optimistic1234:

How are you getting the link? From client??
Yeah... clients will supply that. It is their products you want to promote.

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by TerryMcGinis(m): 9:29am On Jun 10, 2020
Venzal:
The brain is an abso-freaking-lutely powerful tool. By the time you start handwriting copy by hand every single day for a long duration of time, you start to imprint the skill into your psyche.

You will begin to repeatedly spot certain patterns. Long story short: the practice will make you a natural.
great service ur doing here boss, more grease to ur elbow, pls u mentiond dat we follow d trend set by great copy writers in d world over, pls cld u shed more light on hw best to do sir?

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Touchypro(m): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2020
TerryMcGinis:
Where did u get d videos pls? I must've missed somthing.
He shared the link here in this thread, I think page 3 or 4

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by TerryMcGinis(m): 9:46am On Jun 10, 2020
Touchypro:
He shared the link here in this thread, I think page 3 or 4
oh thanks, my small china itel phone is to blame, there are images i cnt even view, thanks bro.
i wil do a check nw.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (56) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter / Obi Cubana Buys 2022 Mercedes Benz Maybach S580 Guard 4matic Bulletproof / Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.