Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,915 members, 7,810,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, (99815 Views)

How To Earn Regular Daily Income As A Driver With Roosca! - / How To Become An Email Copywriter And Earn 300k Every Month / How To Become An Email Copywriter And Earn A Comfortable Living With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Venzal: 9:31am On Jun 12, 2020
WordsWriter:
@Oga Ven.zal

MIND-BLOWN!! Damn everything was o
point. From the clip of your earns this month(you really practice what you preach), to the break down of sending a job winning proposal/coverletter, everything was awesome. Then the way you craft those stories in your email;Top-notch(I was eagerly anticipating how you'd rope that Chinese torture story to your clients business,
you did so brilliantly.

Thank you bro, I appreciate this so much. People pay top dollar to learn what you're giving us for free.

Yes I'm interested in your mentorship program.

Once again Thank you.

PS: Please get some drugs for your health ASAP.
Thanks for the concern, bro. I have been popping lotsa drugs lately.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Venzal: 9:33am On Jun 12, 2020
LATER THIS EVENING:

SIX EMAIL DISCIPLINES

See you then.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by optimistic1234: 10:26am On Jun 12, 2020
Venzal:
Use what I call the OFB approach.

Search out some jobs you'd like to do on Upwork, create imaginary samples around them and send them to client. We ALL started from zero.

Please elucidate on this.
About the OFB approach. But as a beginner you don't have any link to your previous work.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Olawrites: 11:22am On Jun 12, 2020
optimistic1234:

Please elucidate on this.
About the OFB approach. But as a beginner you don't have any link to your previous work.

To my understanding as a writer. You look for those email Copywriting jobs on Upwork.
Do as if you were hired for it, do the job by following the lessons here, then be using it for your sample whenever you apply for jobs.

That's your learning curve.

Hope you grab?

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by emperorsversion(m): 11:28am On Jun 12, 2020
Venzal:
Use what I call the OFB approach.

Search out some jobs you'd like to do on Upwork, create imaginary samples around them and send them to client. We ALL started from zero.

Thanks alot
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by emperorsversion(m): 11:41am On Jun 12, 2020
JohnQueen:
Venzal I must commend you for the great service you're rendering here. The second video was quite insightful I must say.

I have a question...what determines the length of a copy?

Additionally, according to Ben settle, your email should look like a woman's skirt... "Short enough to attract clients and long enough to cover the details.." I hope this helps...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by JohnQueen(m): 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
Very much. Thank you

emperorsversion:

Additional according to Ben settle, your email should look like a woman's skirt... "Short enough to attract clients and long enough to cover the details.." I hope this helps...
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by jonextee(m): 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2020
Oga Venzal

Thumbs up for you for the videos you're dishing out. They are really insightful and really understandable.

However, I'd advise we should focus more on the email copywriting class the more then later shift to upwork lessons.

BTW, I have a question. What method can I use so I could subscribe to emails from different niches so I could also learn how to draft emails based on that niche?

9 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Crazeworld(m): 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2020
Venzal you're doing a great job helping guys to earn a honest living. God bless you.
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Venzal: 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2020
Olawrites:

To my understanding as a writer. You look for those email Copywriting jobs on Upwork.
Do as if you were hired for it, do the job by following the lessons here, then be using it for your sample whenever you apply for jobs.

Hope you grab?
You nailed it!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Venzal: 12:52pm On Jun 12, 2020
emperorsversion:

Additionally, according to Ben settle, your email should look like a woman's skirt... "Short enough to attract clients and long enough to cover the details.." I hope this helps...
NICE! I am glad many of you are diversifying your learning source. That's how you grab concepts faster.

3 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by emperorsversion(m): 12:56pm On Jun 12, 2020
Olawrites:

Hope you grab?

bro, please I dont understand... does this mean you don't need to put any link in ykur proposal as previous work done.... please patiently explain... Thanks
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Venzal: 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
The Six Disciplines of Email Copywriting

We talked about relational, transactional, and promotional emails in the last lesson.

Now, there are various series of emails that fit into the above trio.

And it’s what we call the disciplines of email.

They are:

1. Product launch emails.
2. Newsletters.
3. Autoresponder/drip/indoctrination emails.
4. Daily emails.
5. B2B emails.
6. Miscellaneous

So let’s take a deeper dive into each of these fellas.

1 – Product Launch Emails

These are the type of emails you write to promote a new product.

So let’s say a client has just created a new course…

A new program…

Or they’ve just restocked their eCommerce store with a new set of products…

The emails you write to introduce these products to their list will be called product launch emails.

So when you are on Upwork or any other freelancing platform and a client says they are looking for someone to help them write product launch emails, you should immediately know that they are trying to intimate their list about new products just released to the market.

NOW, WHAT SHOULD YOU SAY IN LAUNCH EMAILS?

Launch emails are a BIG topic on their own.

If the client is going to do a REAL launch campaign, then they might start by creating a webinar.

A webinar is an online seminar that people show up to, to watch a presentation. Then at the end of the presentation, they are sold a product or a service.

So if your client is going through this route, you will be writing a lot of emails (as much as 18). And that’s good news for your bank account.

If a client is going through this webinar route, you are going to write the following emails…

Prelaunch Emails – These emails are to LET the subscribers of your client know that a beneficial webinar for them will be coming up on XX date.

So you will write 3 INVITE emails that your client will send to them.

These emails are not complicated to write.

Email #1 could just be something like this:

Subject: Coming to town: how to [topic of webinar]

Hey,

Come Thursday, 15th May, I will be doing a LIVE webinar where I show you how to X.

Lately, I have been getting a lot of emails concerning this topic.

And I think the best way to show you will be to share my screen with you while talking into your ears to help you fully grab the concept.

So here goes…

Your invitation to join us for this amazing webinar [LINK]

This webinar will ONLY contain 500 attendees.

And right now, I am shooting this email to over 7,899 people on my list.

So you have to hurry if you don’t want to miss out!

Looking forward to seeing you come Thursday.

Register now! [link]

That could be email 1 – by the way, I just typed that from off the top of my head. So it is definitely going to need a lot more work. But you get the idea.

From email 1, a good number of people will register.

But we need to send reminders to the list again to ensure more people register.

So email 2 and email 3 would do that work.

Just talk about the BENEFITS of attending the webinar.

Some clients even like to give free stuff to LUCKY attendees.

For example, your client might say they’d give $500 in cash price to 3 lucky attendees.

You can mention that in the emails to give people more incentive to join the webinar.

So that’s it. 3 emails for the prelaunch phase.

On the day of the webinar, you will also write 2 emails to remind people that the date of the webinar is going to be so so and so. And it is going to be holding on so, so and so time.

Remind them to show up because seats will be limited.

These two emails will be called SHOW-UP EMAILS.

Then there will be the replay emails.

You will write two emails each to be sent to the following people:

People who didn’t show up…

People who showed up but didn’t watch the webinar to completion…

People who attended and stayed to the end.

Then after this phase will come the SALES EMAILS.

These emails will be purely promotional.

You will get them to buy the product in question that the client is selling.

And after this will come the COUNTDOWN emails. To tell them that time is running out and that after XX and XX days they will no longer be able to lay their hands on the product.

As I said, this kind of LAUNCH is ginormous and deserves FULL BLOWN teaching on its own.

But if you can learn this one alone, you will make a fortune as an email copywriter.

Because the fees copywriters charge for these kinds of campaigns is no child’s play.

As someone just starting out new, you might not want to pursue this yet. And that’s fine.

BUT THERE’S ANOTHER FORM OF LAUNCH EMAILS THAT YOU CAN TOTALLY PULL OFF…

Some clients might decide against going with the full-blown launch.

In fact, most clients will just want to do a mini-launch,

In mini launches, there are no webinars.

There’s just a sales page that tells people what the product is all about.

So your job will be to write a series of emails to tell subscribers about these new products.

The FORMAT could go like this:

Write TWO prelaunch emails to tease them about the product coming in on so, so, and so date just to get them prepped up.

Most clients would even want you to skip this.

Then “launch” emails of about 7 series.

In email 1 tell subscribers about this new product and why it is amazing.

Email 2 could be about the story of a person that your client has helped in the past to get the desired result because they used the product in question.

Email 3 could be an email that talks about what the subscribers will be missing out on if they don’t get the product.

Email 4 could be a Frequently Asked Question email.

Email 5 could be testimonial emails – like what people are saying about your client and his product.

Email 6 could be another BENEFITS-heavy email.

Email 7 would now be “Hey, you are about to miss out.”

I hope you get this?

So that’s a sketchy explanation of launch email as one of the six disciplines of email.

50 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Venzal: 12:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
2 – Newsletters…

This one is worlds apart from a launch email.

If you hop onto Upwork right now, you will find a lot of job posts looking for email copywriters to help crank out newsletters.

So what exactly is a NEWSLETTER?

IT is a kinda email that businesses and business owners send regularly to help subscribers keep in touch with them.

These emails are mostly to get subscribers to go read a blog post, attend a podcast, watch a new video on Youtube, and so on.

Clients will usually want to send out emails like this once or twice a week. Or at least once a month.

So your job will be to find what they want subscribers to know… and then craft an email around that.

I'll explain the other 4 later in the evening.

41 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by blithe: 1:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
Venzal:
2 – Newsletters…

If you hop onto Upwork right now, you will find a lot of job posts looking for email copywriters to help crank out newsletters.

IT is a kinda email that businesses and business owners send regularly to help subscribers keep in touch with them.

These emails are mostly to get subscribers to go read a blog post, attend a podcast, watch a new video on Youtube, and so on.

Clients will usually want to send out emails like this once or twice a week. Or at least once a month.

So your job will be to find what they want subscribers to know… and then craft an email around that.

Thank you for taking you time to do this..

Seems the only way to repay your kindness is to take ACTION

Good Stuffs Boss

5 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Lawnray: 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2020
Venzal:
2 – Newsletters…

Thanks very much boss, I'm getting familiar with Ben Settle and am loving every steps towards the aim. God bless you sir
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by AdoreHim: 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
The boss Venzal, thanks for these nuggets.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Olawrites: 6:35pm On Jun 12, 2020
Following digently
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by ArticleBeast: 6:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
WordsWriter:
Please do not use a foreign account on Upwork. They verify with your ID Card and Video call

Besides you are building a business. Why start the foundations with lies?!.

True, It's hard to many money online as a Nigerian (No thanks to our yahoo boys and girls), but it's not impossible. If you are good at what you do clients will pay for your services
Till you get into Upwork and earn 1k in a year.
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by ArticleBeast: 6:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
Olawrites:

There are guys doing it here on nairaland
You cannot escape it. When verification come you won't be allowed to change your name or pictures.
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Olawrites: 7:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
ArticleBeast:

You cannot escape it. When verification come you won't be allowed to change your name or pictures.

Thanks bro for the insight
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by WordsWriter: 7:22pm On Jun 12, 2020
ArticleBeast:

what's your point?
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by OYENIYIJK: 7:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
WordsWriter:

what's your point?
May be he is trying to say we gonna make one thousand naira only with naija
account. Na like so our reputation don spoil? I think what matters is the skill.

articlebeast abeg come clarify yourself may be we fit gather one or two things.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Olawrites: 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
ArticleBeast:

This matter tie big rappa

Bro,I verified my naija identity yesterday.

I wanna switch to US but he kept saying I should verify again with Passport, drivers license before I can use the location to submit proposal.

Anyway out??

PS: I'm using my real identity (name,pic) as you advised earlier
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by SeyiAyorinde(m): 7:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
ArticleBeast:
so you're trying to say we shouldn't use our real name and picture?
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Olawrites: 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
SeyiAyorinde:

You will but there's a way around it.
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by ArticleBeast: 7:31pm On Jun 12, 2020
SeyiAyorinde:

Use your real name and picture
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by SeyiAyorinde(m): 7:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
ArticleBeast:
Use your real name and picture
OK
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by WordsWriter: 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
OYENIYIJK:

May be he is trying to say we gonna make one thousand naira only with naija
account. Na like so our reputation don spoil? I think what matters is the skill.

articlebeast abeg come clarify yourself may be we fit gather one or two things.

Don't let any naysayer discourage you bro. Type "Top writers in Nigeria" on Google then click on the upwork link. You'll see tons of Nigerians that have earned over $10k. I even saw a Nigerian with his location as Ibadan, He has earned over $100k on upwork.

OP himself has earn over $10k on Upwork and his location clearly shows Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by OYENIYIJK: 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2020
Thanks bro. We go use Naija account rough am grin grin
And it's possible he is referring to another thing. However, with the evidence you showed and OP results, we don't need to fear anymore. thanks wordswriter

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by jonextee(m): 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2020
OYENIYIJK:
Thanks bro. We go use Naija account rough am grin grin
And it's possible he is referring to another thing. However, with the evidence you showed and OP results, we don't need to fear anymore. thanks wordswriter

Bro... Most of them, especially writers didn't start as Nigerians.

Most started as Foreigners then switched to Naija after they've gotten enough positive reviews to convince their prospective clients.

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by jonextee(m): 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
jonextee:
Oga Venzal

Thumbs up for you for the videos you're dishing out. They are really insightful and really understandable.

However, I'd advise we should focus more on the email copywriting class the more then later shift to upwork lessons.

BTW, I have a question. What method can I use so I could subscribe to emails from different niches so I could also learn how to draft emails based on that niche?

Oga Venzal... Pls help me attend to this question over here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (56) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter / Dollar To Naira Black Market Exchange Rate Today / Obi Cubana Buys 2022 Mercedes Benz Maybach S580 Guard 4matic Bulletproof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.