Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, - Business (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, (100095 Views)

How To Earn Regular Daily Income As A Driver With Roosca! - / How To Become An Email Copywriter And Earn 300k Every Month / How To Become An Email Copywriter And Earn A Comfortable Living With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by shakyum: 8:57am On Jun 16, 2020
Valwezzy:

Yeah, that's why many top freelancers won't recommend Upwork for us, the beginners.

Even their service charge 20% is on the high side. The only good thing about them is that you'll see enough jobs to apply to.

Hopefully, you'll get a job before you exhaust your free connects.

I pray so, I am left with 11. I wont send any proposal until I learn how to send and win a job

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Millennialaku(m): 8:57am On Jun 16, 2020
OYENIYIJK:
cutezt thanks for your words, we do appreciate. Make we face this copywriting ooooo, as e dey talk about video edition and the way e make money ehn some people don get passion already grin grin

All is well sha. We await today's lesson
i swear grin grin
but his post is really motivating
na prolly money i go use dey buy connect grin grin

cutezt thanks for telling us your story

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Millennialaku(m): 9:09am On Jun 16, 2020
PLZ BOSSES IN THE HOUSE

what are the best means of identification that can be used to get verified on upwork

i need to start looking for a way to get one even if its forged sad sad ......... this is the only thing giving me headache

cc venzal olawrites adsmaster chasevibes

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by OYENIYIJK: 9:34am On Jun 16, 2020
Millennialaku:

i swear grin grin
but his post is really motivating
na prolly money i go use dey buy connect grin grin

cutezt thanks for telling us your story
Oh Boy, I dey plan to use upwork money buy one laptop for prolly hustle grin grin. I go chop that prolly money aswear but when this copywriting dey pay me well well I go leave all that. well the last 8 dollars prolly pay me dey inside PayPal, I go use am buy connect. But I pray we no go finish our free connect before Upwork Smile on us.

4 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Millennialaku(m): 9:50am On Jun 16, 2020
OYENIYIJK:

Oh Boy, I dey plan to use upwork money buy one laptop for prolly hustle grin grin. I go chop that prolly money aswear but when this copywriting dey pay me well well I go leave all that. well the last 8 dollars prolly pay me dey inside PayPal, I go use am buy connect. But I pray we no go finish our [b]free connect before Upwork Smile on us[/b] .
Amen smiley cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Touchypro(m): 9:51am On Jun 16, 2020
I'm yet to register like everyone else I hope I get lucky I'm waiting on Venzal to add his finishing touches to the class before registering..

And the ID that I don't have is something else, even my Payoneer I've been using it without ID.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by TopeQs: 9:52am On Jun 16, 2020
Millennialaku:
PLZ BOSSES IN THE HOUSE

what are the best means of identification that can be used to get verified on upwork

i need to start looking for a way to get one even if its forged sad sad ......... this is the only thing giving me headache

cc venzal olawrites adsmaster chasevibes

driver's license, national ID card or voter's card, international passport.
these are the ones you need, if you run a Nigerian account. just have one of these and you're good to go, also, you will go through a video call verification but that one no hard.
I don't know about foreign account.

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Valwezzy: 9:54am On Jun 16, 2020
Millennialaku:
PLZ BOSSES IN THE HOUSE

cc venzal olawrites ads master chasevibes

For heads up, any Nigerian Valid ID can be used. I used my permanent voters card to verify mine though.

PS - make sure you don't tamper with your name or try to maneuver your way around it. Also, make sure your profile picture resembles the pics on your ID...else, they'll suspend your account.

3 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by TopeQs: 10:05am On Jun 16, 2020
Valwezzy:

Yeah, that's why many top freelancers won't recommend Upwork for us, the beginners.

Even their service charge 20% is on the high side. The only good thing about them is that you'll see enough jobs to apply to.

Hopefully, you'll get a job before you exhaust your free connects.

well, you have to keep trying, I opened an account and within 2 weeks of my first job proposal, I got 2 jobs of $60, I don't think you can get that as a starter on Fiverr with 2 jobs.

shakyum:

I pray so, I am left with 11. I wont send any proposal until I learn how to send and win a job

search Google on how to make an Upwork cover letter. you will see many samples online, I've gotten a couple of jobs with the samples and it built my profile, the most important thing is just the first job.
Give your all for that first job to get a good review and your every other job, be patient as well.

I applied an average of 2 jobs a day with my proposal well written, I did not copy and paste, I read the instructions and follow up the details. I even got rejected once because I didn't follow somethings on the job post.

I'm just saying, the most important thing is learning how to write a cover letter and not just applying for any project you see, that way your connect will get exhausted.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by ImahGabi22(m): 10:35am On Jun 16, 2020
Can temporary ID be used?
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Millennialaku(m): 11:15am On Jun 16, 2020
TopeQs:

driver's license, national ID card or voter's card, international passport.
these are the ones you need, if you run a Nigerian account. just have one of these and you're good to go, also, you will go through a video call verification but that one no hard.
I don't know about foreign account.
thanks smiley

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Millennialaku(m): 11:15am On Jun 16, 2020
Valwezzy:

For heads up, any Nigerian Valid ID can be used. I used my permanent voters card to verify mine though.

PS - make sure you don't tamper with your name or try to maneuver your way around it. Also, make sure your profile picture resembles the pics on your ID...else, they'll suspend your account.
thank you smiley
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by OYENIYIJK: 11:20am On Jun 16, 2020
TopeQs thanks for the contribution. We thank you all. Your testimony also is a morale booster cool cool

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by shakyum: 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
I want to add graphics design to my profile on upwork as well, Can I be able to use same account to do that? since I choose a email copywriting niche which is not related to graphics.
cc: all
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Valwezzy: 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2020
shakyum:
I want to add graphics design to my profile on Upwork as well, Can I be able to use the same account to do that? since I choose an email copywriting niche that is not related to graphics.

If there's anything I know, it's never to be M-KITA(Mr know-it-all).

Do you think clients would take you seriously?
The goal is to incorporate skills related to your area of expertise, and for all I know, writing and graphic designing ain't even close.

It would be better if you go for Article writing/content creator for blogs.

PS - my one cent.

8 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by emperorsversion(m): 1:15pm On Jun 16, 2020
shakyum:
I want to add graphics design to my profile on upwork as well, Can I be able to use same account to do that? since I choose a email copywriting niche which is not related to graphics.

Please I have long created my upwork account using venzal samples of Web design and programming as my area of specialty.... How do i edit it now and choose email copywriting... please I will be waiting for your feedback. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 16, 2020
oga venzal a kudos to you, you too much.

Please can anyone drop a succintly written proposal..... Am looking forward to una write up.

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Crazeworld(m): 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
Hi Cutetz,

Thanks for sharing experience with us. If there is anything to take from it, it's the fact that persistence, determination, and hard work pays.

I have some questions though...

Did you use a Nigerian account, from scratch and till date? This will be a motivation for many of us here.

What is interview? How is it done?

How come you still get enough jobs even without submitting proposals?

Your past clients recommend you to others, who eventually contact you on whatsapp. Do you guys transact outside of Upwork?

Is Upwork cool with freelancers taking clients out of Whatsapp, considering the fact that they won't be getting their 20% commission on future jobs?

During your early days when you were spending money on connects, did you for once think things may eventually not work out?

Do you have a side income outside of Upwork then too?

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Crazeworld(m): 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2020
Hope Venzal is okay? Haven't seen him online today.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Olawrites: 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2020
Crazeworld:
Hope Venzal is okay? Haven't seen him online today.

He is surely. Baba is cooking something
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Olawrites: 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
Crazeworld:
Hi Cutetz,

Thanks for sharing experience with us. If there is anything to take from it, it's the fact that persistence, determination, and hard work pays.

I have some questions though...

Did you use a Nigerian account, from scratch and till date? This will be a motivation for many of us here.

What is interview? How is it done?

How come you still get enough jobs even without submitting proposals?

Your past clients recommend you to others, who eventually contact you on whatsapp. Do you guys transact outside of Upwork?

Is Upwork cool with freelancers taking clients out of Whatsapp, considering the fact that they won't be getting their 20% commission on future jobs?

During your early days when you were spending money on connects, did you for once think things may eventually not work out?

Do you have a side income outside of Upwork then too?

Thanks.

This question is much bro..make we calm down he go become easier

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Olawrites: 2:24pm On Jun 16, 2020
Valwezzy:

If there's anything I know, it's never to be M-KITA(Mr know-it-all).

Do you think clients would take you seriously?
The goal is to incorporate skills related to your area of expertise, and for all I know, writing and graphic designing ain't even close.

It would be better if you go for Article writing/content creator for blogs.

PS - my one cent.

Exactly...
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by OYENIYIJK: 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2020
Olawrites:

grin grin grin

E Too Much But If The Man Fit Answer Us, E Go Sweet Body
grin grin grin
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by ImahGabi22(m): 2:58pm On Jun 16, 2020
Valwezzy:

Is temporary ID good to go?
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by shakyum: 3:08pm On Jun 16, 2020
So I wasted my 17 connects, I thought the will be giving you 20 everyday for free, now my eye don open say na buy we d buy am, I wan create another account abeg. hope it wont affect me since I am yet to verify my details?
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Crazeworld(m): 3:11pm On Jun 16, 2020
Olawrites:

grin grin grin
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Crazeworld(m): 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
shakyum:
So I wasted my 17 connects, I thought the will be giving you 20 everyday for free, now my eye don open say na buy we d buy am, I wan create another account abeg. hope it wont affect me since I am yet to verify my details?
Why would you do that?
I'm not sure but don't you think it's like shooting yourself in the foot?

20 connects is not up to 1,350 naira o

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by shakyum: 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2020
Crazeworld:
Why would you do that?
I'm not sure but don't you think it's like shooting yourself in the foot?

20 connects is not up to 1,350 naira o

I was thinking of changing the name on my current upwork account and also changing the profile picture to a different person.
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Graxie(f): 3:41pm On Jun 16, 2020
Make una teach me how to edit name. I can edit others but name is the problem.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by cuteesthy(f): 4:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
i have edited my profile back to email copywriting but the jobs am seeing on my job feed are mostly content creator nd article writting

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by WordsWriter: 4:18pm On Jun 16, 2020
shakyum:

Please don't create another account. So you don't get in trouble with upwork.

Be patient till when you've learnt enough to confidently deliver gold to your client, then you can use about 3k Naira to buy 40 connects.

5 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Millennialaku(m): 4:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
shakyum:
cry cry abeg make una no cast this thing for us wey dey wait for venzal to round up before we create

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (56) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter / Obi Cubana Buys 2022 Mercedes Benz Maybach S580 Guard 4matic Bulletproof / Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.