Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,472 members, 7,954,847 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:49 AM

Why Do We Practice Male Child Circumcision Even Though They Can't Conscent? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do We Practice Male Child Circumcision Even Though They Can't Conscent? (425 Views)

Whatsapp Say They Can't Send Me A Verification Code / The Importance Of A Male Child - A Bitter Experience / It's An Irony That We Are Christians & Muslims Yet We Practice Traditionalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Practice Male Child Circumcision Even Though They Can't Conscent? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
With the ungoing trend about the sorrowful death of a rape victim… I realised how people were creating consciousness about ``conscenting´´ and the ``my body my choice´´ slogan, surely this doesn` t apply to rape victims alone. Other people too are victims of no conscentual acts performed on their body, 80% of young males arround the world get the fore-skin of their genitals cut off at an early age although not capable of conscenting, why is this accepted in our society?
Upon the risk of Pain,
bleeding and infection, Irritation of the glans
Increased risk of meatitis (inflammation of the opening of the genital) , study says about 100boys in the USA die each year as a result of circumcision.

I know the advantages of circumcision might out way which includes decreased risk of urinary tract infections and STD'S, but all these can be pevented easily by practicing a good hygiene and use of condom during sex.

Women circumcision is highly punishable with good jail time, the W.H.O also spend alot of funds on trying to eradicate female circumcision, both of this babaric acts of cuting off a persons genitile without their conscent shouldn't be accepted, but one seems to be condemnable and the other accepted, why? Share your opinions.
Re: Why Do We Practice Male Child Circumcision Even Though They Can't Conscent? by phelonrays: 1:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
Let's wait here for the elders

Re: Why Do We Practice Male Child Circumcision Even Though They Can't Conscent? by lexdany(m): 1:26pm On Jun 02, 2020
bro you should be happy they did it back then, can you withstand the pain at your current age undecided
Re: Why Do We Practice Male Child Circumcision Even Though They Can't Conscent? by Aonkuuse(m): 1:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
Sir you are totally illogical in your thinking, I believe you will have children now, why didn't you ask them before giving birth to them??

Mind you rape and circumcision are just two different things, the later has advantages. Mention just one advantage of rape.

Oya if you give birth to your child don't circumcise them and wait for their consent, don't even feed them wait until they are old enough then ask them

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Practice Male Child Circumcision Even Though They Can't Conscent? by Justbehave(m): 1:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nonsense
Re: Why Do We Practice Male Child Circumcision Even Though They Can't Conscent? by PoliticallyInco: 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
-Children die from eating every year. They choke.
Has eating/feeding children become a bad thing?

-Children did not ask to be sent to school. School is not compulsory. Their consents were not sought. Yet they are sent to school. Cast into the reality of getting an education and knowledge. Education after all does not guarantee a happy or successful life. Isn't that what people say?

-Children when they poop their buttocks are cleaned without their consent. They are never asked if they want to bathe.

There is no immediate or future benefit/Comfort of rape. No societal benefit of rape. Certain decisions and actions taken without consent have far less consequences than rape. Certain decisions though taken without consent (especially with children) have been established to have far reaching benefits to the children and the society at large.

Female circumcision has been talked about a lot. Female circumcision has been found to have no known benefit than to satisfy some persons who believe that female sexuality needs to be suppressed. Hence people have constantly condemned the act.

Stupidity is when someone looks at something which has benefits and decides not to take it because it comes from a religious group. And who says that male circumcision originates from the Hebrews/Jews? The Bible? Really? If that is the case we will selectively decide on what beneficial knowledge and information we are to take by first asking if it came from a Muslim or a Christian. This is a very wrong way of reasoning.

Let us listen good. Male circumcision has benefits regardless of whether we feel (we are not sure) and some people claim it was God that mandated it. How does a sane human being bring this issue up when talking about rape? Secondly, circumcision in the hospital is not by force. Parents who are responsible for the child have the right to say their male babies should not circumcised. Female circumcision has been shown to have no known benefit, yet some persons still force it to happen.

I understand how a lot of the kids here are seeking attention, quick to hurl insults, and call and tag people by insolent names, etc. Where argument isn't to swap ideas but to win. I will not dip myself into this mud.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Practice Male Child Circumcision Even Though They Can't Conscent? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
lexdany:
bro you should be happy they did it back then, can you withstand the pain at your current age undecided
Without my conscent!! What if I wanted to keep my foreskin.
Re: Why Do We Practice Male Child Circumcision Even Though They Can't Conscent? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
PoliticallyInco:

-Children die from eating every year.
Has eating/feeding children become a bad thing?

-Children did not ask to be sent to school. Their consents were not sought. Yet they are sent to school. Cast into the reality of getting an education and knowledge.

-Children when they poop their buttocks are cleaned without their consent. They are never asked if they want to bathe.

There is no immediate or future benefit/Comfort of rape. No societal benefit of rape. Certain decisions and actions taken without consent have far less consequences than rape. Certain decisions though taken without consent (especially with children) have been established to have far reaching benefits to the children and the society at large.

Female circumcision has been talked about a lot. Female circumcision has been found to have no known benefit than to satisfy some persons who believe that female sexuality needs to be suppressed. Hence people have constantly condemned the act.

Your points are irrevelant, pooping, eating and school are necessary things that a child needs, but cutting off a childs body part just bc you don't find it attractive or bc your religion suggest so is wrong.
Re: Why Do We Practice Male Child Circumcision Even Though They Can't Conscent? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2020
Aonkuuse:
Sir you are totally illogical in your thinking, I believe you will have children now, why didn't you ask them before giving birth to them??

Mind you rape and circumcision are just two different things, the later has advantages. Mention just one advantage of rape.

Oya if you give birth to your child don't circumcise them and wait for their consent, don't even feed them wait until they are old enough then ask them
I never compared this to rape, I only stated rape bc of the topic of ``consent´´ that is being issued today.
I do not have children and if I would ever have one, "asking for their consent to be birthed? that's dumb" I would atleast make sure I was emotionally and financially ready to be a perfect parent before bringing them into this world. Also I would never forcefully mutilate them without their conscent, that's in all way wrong.
Re: Why Do We Practice Male Child Circumcision Even Though They Can't Conscent? by paulolee(m): 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
dis wan strong pass me oo

(1) (Reply)

Lady Allegedly Kills Her Lesbian Partner In Delta State After She Caught Her Sle / Hook-up With Our Rich Sugar Daddy Here In Bayelsa State Nigeria Whatsa / VIDEO: Side Chic Calls Married Woman To Insult Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.