Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,057 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:38 AM

Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others (3803 Views)

Her Weak Personality Is Driving Me Crazy.. / Five Signs Your Husband Is Having An Affair With Your Maid / 7 Clear Signs Your Marriage Is About To Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 8:33am On Jun 03, 2020
Question of the day:

If there were no names included, would the post be getting these same reactions?
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Mindlog: 8:34am On Jun 03, 2020
Romangalactic:

So on the subject of who you are and knowing yourself, do you have an intimidating personality or not?

After going through the DISC personality tests, PTS and Johari Window assessments throughout my undergraduate studies, I can confidently tell you that my personality is not dwelling within "intimidating personality or not".

Just as sounds/noise can be intimidating, so can silence.

1 Like

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Mariangeles(f): 8:44am On Jun 03, 2020
Romangalactic:
My social experiment is working

You just woke up today and decided to shake tables okwaya ?
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Mariangeles(f): 8:48am On Jun 03, 2020
For the record, Lord.Ko is neither intimidating nor does he form to be.
He's the most perfect gentleman on nairaland!

9 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 8:52am On Jun 03, 2020
Mindlog:

After going through the DISC personality tests, PTS and Johari Window assessments throughout my undergraduate studies, I can confidently tell you that my personality is not dwelt within "intimidating personality or not".

Just as sounds/noise can be intimidating, so can silence.

If indeed you're intimidated by silence in general, it is more likely that you have some fear of rejection. This is natural. Moreover, silence is disconcerting because it does not confirm your position. So it feels like you're being rejected without the certainty of a firm rejection.

Excerpt
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 8:55am On Jun 03, 2020
Mariangeles:
I doubt you even understand everything he types.

Communication has to exist at its simplest & basic form for it to be considered effective communication. Using unnecessary combination of words and sentences is the perfect example of one who is trying to be intimidating.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Mindlog: 8:57am On Jun 03, 2020
Romangalactic:

Excerpt

Silence confirms position thus reason one should look out for non verbal cues
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 8:58am On Jun 03, 2020
And Mariangeles, being intimidating and being a gentleman are not mutually exclusive.

2 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 8:59am On Jun 03, 2020
https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

For those who are interested. Please be honest with your answers.

Thanks
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Mariangeles(f): 9:03am On Jun 03, 2020
Romangalactic:

Communication has to exist at its simplest & basic form for it to be considered effective communication. Using unnecessary combination of words and sentences is the perfect example of one who is trying to be intimidating.

It is not his fault that you or anyone else are never able to understand his words. cheesy
I don't think it's intentional on his part. It is just who he is.

13 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 6:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
Mariangeles:

It is not his fault that you or anyone else are never able to understand his words. cheesy
I don't think it's intentional on his part. It is just who he is.
No one talks like that in real life. You can try to be coy with your replies as much as you can, fact is fact.

5 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Mariangeles(f): 6:27pm On Jun 03, 2020
Romangalactic:

No one talks like that in real life. You can try to be coy with your replies as much as you can, fact is fact.

Swear you're not intimidated by his vocabulary prowess grin
Swear it!

He makes you reach out for that dictionary every time and you hate him for it grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Mariangeles(f): 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2020
LordKo I di too much! Biko ji nwayo n'ede edemede gi maka umuakaa grin

7 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2020
Mariangeles:

Swear you're not intimidated by his vocabulary prowess grin
Swear it!

He makes you reach out for that dictionary every time and you hate him for it grin grin grin
I swear it,by the old gods and the new. All I see is someone trying very hard to be Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon grin

5 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Mariangeles(f): 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2020
Romangalactic:

I swear it,by the old gods and the new. All I see is someone trying very hard to be Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon grin

We like him like that. grin

4 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 7:14pm On Jun 03, 2020
An intimidating personality is as natural as it comes, it is not trying hard and does not use binary language.

4 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2020
Where is my very own SystemSpecs kitchen unit staff? Pocohantas usually has a lot to say grin

Do you have an intimidating personality baby? Simple answer okwaya, don't comman rant for me

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by aigmax(m): 8:08pm On Jun 03, 2020
Romangalactic:
Where is my very own SystemSpecs kitchen unit staff? Pocohantas usually has a lot to say grin

Do you have an intimidating personality baby? Simple answer okwaya, don't comman rant for me
System specs...?...... smiley

I see that name poco in some fiesty hilarious exchanges tho cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Ybaby: 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2020
Romangalactic:
I am going to list some Nairalanders who have intimidating personalities as well as those who only act like they do. This is from my observation and personal experience with some of them.
The list below is not exhaustive and you can add or edit as your spirit leads.

Nairalanders with intimidating personalities include:
Risenphoenix
Kanwulia
Sagamite
Crackhaus
Coogar
Biglittlelois
Illamina
Ubunja
Romangalactic
LadyHyppolita

Nairalanders who only act like they have intimidating personalities include:
Plead
Martinez69
Pocohantas
Bukatyne
Cococandy
LordKO
Ybaby
iLegend

Merahki
ChoccolatE

Please add or edit as appropriate.

grin grin grin
Aiyirisewo lo da e la mu
O ya to job section now ..... a fara! Ale le .... move !

1 Like

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by LedRock: 12:18am On Jun 04, 2020
Mariangeles:
shocked shocked Do you know over 500,000 men that are on Nairaland?
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by LedRock: 12:19am On Jun 04, 2020
Romangalactic:

Guy I doff my hat for you, you have said it all.

1 Like

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Tochex101(m): 6:55am On Jun 04, 2020
izzou:

Na you carry me come here grin

Izzou pls I mentioned you in one of your old threads. Can you check pls..
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 9:51am On Jun 04, 2020
LedRock:
Guy I doff my hat for you, you have said it all.
Thank you boss
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by frozen70(f): 7:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
Romangalactic:
Have you ever suspected that other Nairalanders, friends, colleagues, acquaintances, and even close family members are blindsided by the sheer strength of your personality?
If you are the kind of person who knows their own mind and doesn’t believe in following the herd, other people might find you somewhat intimidating!

Do any of these signs sound familiar? If so, you probably earn the respect of others but you will also get on the bad side of an equal number of people.

These are the signs to look out for:

Is an intimidating personality a blessing or a curse?

Sometimes, you might scare away potential friends and partners just by being yourself. On the other hand, those brave enough to stick around and get to know you will come to appreciate your intelligence, honesty, and unique perspective on the world.
Because you are willing to meet lots of new people there’s a good chance that you will find your tribe sooner or later, there are always people who are capable of keeping up with your incredible mind.

Embrace your intimidating personality!

This is absolutely true, people get intimidated when they discover that you are resilient and you have a way of remaining focused despite their troubles and distraction

3 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
Romangalactic:
https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

For those who are interested. Please be honest with your answers.

Thanks

Hmmm. You mentioned ilegend and ubunja and now this site? I'm suspecting you.
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by iLegendd(m): 10:49pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nice thread — even though I didn't read it. Back to business.

Guys, after learning about who is intimidating or not, don't forget our book promo is still on. You can get out Lasticle book that costs 10k for just 1k in this promo.

For further info about the promo, click here https://www.nairaland.com/5902325/

3 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by kapelvej: 12:18am On Jun 08, 2020
LordKO:
Decorum is the hallmark of self-realization/self-conquest/self-emancipation, but I don't expect a mentally parochial element like you to understand it. Crassness shouldn't be mistaken for truthfulness, expediency shouldn't be mistaken for cleverness, and imperiousness shouldn't be mistaken for confidence - of course, tactfulness isn't a sign of timidity and pretense. It's one thing to be opinionated but an entire different thing to be unassuming/unhypocritical in particular and conscientious in general.

Actually, I didn't even know that a bumpkin like you exists in this forum prior to now, you must be feeling happy now that you have made me know. Don't worry, clout chasing isn't appealing to some of us.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Now direct your further mention to small-minded people like you. Bumpkin.

Good response. This is the hallmark of superior education

4 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Sixfeetbelle: 2:16am On Jun 08, 2020
LordKO:
Decorum is the hallmark of self-realization/self-conquest/self-emancipation, but I don't expect a mentally parochial element like you to understand it. Crassness shouldn't be mistaken for truthfulness, expediency shouldn't be mistaken for cleverness, and imperiousness shouldn't be mistaken for confidence - of course, tactfulness isn't a sign of timidity and pretense. It's one thing to be opinionated but an entire different thing to be unassuming/unhypocritical in particular and conscientious in general.

Actually, I didn't even know that a bumpkin like you exists in this forum prior to now, you must be feeling happy now that you have made me know. Don't worry, clout chasing isn't appealing to some of us.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Now direct your further mention to small-minded people like you. Bumpkin.

Oga, abeg no vex for this begging I wan beg so. The mata don dey hard me like dis na im I say make I login come tell you the tin personally.

I don dey see your comment for this forum tey tey and E dey give me joy say pesin sabi speak English lai dis. I like am. E dey sweet me for ear anytime I hear am cheesy, but abeg, make you take am sofly anytime you wan spoke. The English too complex for pesin like me wey get C5 for WAEC english. I, too, wan dey follow grab wetin you tok anytime you tok am.

Thank you, Sir.

3 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by KanwuliaExtra: 2:33am On Jun 08, 2020
I already know.
Most men suffer ED after a few conversations with moi. grin In fact, most have to smoke some “weed” for courage to navigate my mountains and valleys! cheesy

Most women avoid me or call me “a bully” when they can’t focus on issues at hand or feel inadequate.

I guess being raised by a single-dad has a lot to do with it. My mother is a classic AMAZON! OMG!!!! shocked You can never WIN with her. So my gene-pool is a SUPER STRONG and DOMINANT personality. Blame the “GODS”! cool

I think like a man and do not act “like a lady” sha! grin

No apologies! I am doing just fine! cheesy

Good news. People like us have no self-esteem issues, don’t give a quarter of a razzmatazz what others think about us, cannot be bothered with “emotional-instability or care to be liked or loved.

We just care for only those who care for us, and our love and respect HAVE TO BE EARNED! No, we are not NARCISSISTS! We just get often misunderstood.

Datz all!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by KanwuliaExtra: 2:44am On Jun 08, 2020
1. You Read Other People Quickly

Your intuitive abilities are strong, and you form accurate impressions of people within seconds of meeting them. Dishonest, ignorant, and bigoted people can’t hide their true nature from you and this makes them nervous.
You aren’t afraid to call out bad behavior when you see it, and are quite capable of putting obnoxious individuals in their place.

2. You Get Straight To The Point

Have you often been told that you are “too blunt”, "too insensitive", or even “too honest”? If so, your personality might be intimidating to those around you!
Whilst most people like to ease into a conversation with small talk, this isn’t your preferred approach.
You’d much rather focus on big, important, or even abstract issues rather than what you had for lunch, the latest celebrity gossip, or your next-door neighbor’s vacation plans.

3. You Often Find Yourself In The Minority

You don’t conform just to meet the expectations of others, and you don’t go along with their requests if they don’t sit with your values. Because you pride yourself on being an independent thinker, it’s likely that you are alone in your opinions from time to time.
People with low self-confidence find you intimidating because they can’t understand what it’s like to validate yourself instead of looking to others for approval. You’ll also be unsurprised to learn that unintelligent people also find it uncomfortable to be around you, because they soon realize that your IQ far exceeds their own.

4. You Don’t Make or Accept Excuses

You don’t whine about your circumstances and you don’t see yourself as a victim, even if everything is collapsing around you. There is no place in your life for people who moan and complain.
Although you can be tender-hearted and kind, your willpower can make you appear resilient and tough, which can be intimidating. It’s not that you lack sympathy for those going through a hard time, just that you have no patience for people who would rather wallow in their own misery than take action.

5. You Find It Hard To Tolerate Stupid People

Your open-minded attitude and capacity for critical thinking means that stupid or ignorant people really get on your nerves. Perhaps you sometimes catch yourself thinking, “Why don’t they just read a book once in a while?” or “There’s no excuse for being that ignorant!”
Although you are quite capable of being polite and patient, you find it hard showing this because you have no desire to pander to the feelings of those who can’t understand high-level logic and concepts.

This is ME! grin

1. I can read people before they blink. Never WRONG about people either. I see their beyond their souls. I AM RARELY CONNED emotionally or financially.grin My senses are paranormal to say the least. Always sharpened when I encounter predators. Always on alert and I always self-educate about actions and consequences. Extremely resilient with a strong survival instinct. My only goal in life is: self preservation! cool

2. I am BLUNT to a fault. Can’t be a PASTOR, politician or a diplomat. Only CON-ARTISTS beat about both bushes and forests, because they thrive in chaos and confusion. I always go straight to the point. I am not the “sensitive” kind either. I usually can take way more than I dish out because my skin is way to thick to care about the antics of detractors. My feelings are rarely hurt and never for long. I easily forgive, but I NEVER, NEVER, NEVER EVER FORGET!grin

3. Oh dear! Majority? I can’t stand “group-think”! I always like to be UNIQUE and different. cool Being the majority is always dangerous. I like a balance. That’s how Jesus was killed too! By a “ majority”. I can’t stand groups, gangs, sororities or fraternities. Give me “a minority” any day, anytime. Minorities always think better than a majority. Minorities never STOP observing, asking questions or fighting for freedom equity and justice. The majority act like an oppressive CULT, with a baseless sense of entitlement. They reason I can NEVER do religion or politics.cheesy

4. I don’t like excuses when they become CHRONIC recipes for FAILURES. grin Learned enough from my own experiences. I can’t stand LAZY PEOPLE, weaklings or WHIMPS! grin I can tell people who genuinely need help and do not waste my time on those who wallow in self-pity. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Must we all like “SATAN” or “JESUS”? undecided

5. As for “STUPID” people? I constantly have to PRAY for strength. cheesy Just like you deal with CHILDREN. I can be stupid too, but I rarely make it a permanent condition. Dealing with disabilities of ANY kind will test my wit’s end and stretch it to the limit. I know my limitations will be lack of patience. I usually get help from a qualified care-giver or defer to superior authorities in those areas. I can only be around physically/mentally compromised people for so long. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by KanwuliaExtra: 3:51am On Jun 08, 2020
Romangalactic:
I am going to list some Nairalanders who have intimidating personalities as well as those who only act like they do. This is from my observation and personal experience with some of them.
The list below is not exhaustive and you can add or edit as your spirit leads.

Nairalanders with intimidating personalities include:
Risenphoenix

Kanwulia

Sagamite
Crackhaus
Coogar
Biglittlelois
Illamina
Ubunja
Romangalactic
LadyHyppolita

Nairalanders who only act like they have intimidating personalities include:
Plead
Martinez69
Pocohantas
Bukatyne
Cococandy
LordKO
Ybaby
iLegend

Merahki
ChoccolatE

Please add or edit as appropriate.

Yup! You are very correct! I can only speak for me. I have NEVER encountered ANY on or offline that I felt intimidated by. Not even MY PARENTS! kissI am EXTREMELY intimidating. My tone of voice kpa-kpa! Nothing feminine about my voice. grin

One thing though, I ALWAYS HAVE LOTSSSSS OF BETA MALE SUITORS AND ADMIRERS. . . For 3 reasons.

1. Extremely genuine and KIND to ONLY THOSE WHO REALLY NEED HELP! I am NEVER FAKE! If I wanno “do” you, wink. . . . No “bible or koran” can come between that. . . . no emotions attached unless it is WORTH MY TIME. I won’t even dial your number after I PHOCK YA AZZZE! cheesy This heart of mine is not the kind “fools” can break! cheesy

2. I AM VERY INDEPENDENT AND HARRRRRD-WORKING! Shegggggey! I NEVER ASK MEN for ANYTHING! I love my own stuff. Any man dealing with me should KNOW his responsibilities. He does NOT have to tell me MINE, so what is there to discuss or argue about? undecided

3. I am soooooo FUN to be with. Always positive, full so life and lots of laughter. NEVER A DULL MOMENT. grin A man is never a property or a trophy so I have no reason to be JEALOUS OR PETTY when it comes to “other women” matter. No stress at all. cool I put my MEN on a verrrrrry loooooooong leash to “piss around”, but when I “blow that whistle”. . . . Dog MUST enter house ke. cheesy I too love to “waka”, so wetin consine me? First to taya, please gerrrrrrAT! kiss

I keep only very FEW male friends. coolI don’t keep “female friends” because I don’t do “emotional baggage”, gossip-clubs or unnecessary competition/girl-drama. I have no interest or patience for all that CRRRRAP, plus I love to MIND my business! My eyes RARELY see tears even when in pain. With females, it is EXTREMELY difficult to find ladies who relate on the same intellectual/emotional frequency as I do. No, not talking about being superior. All about compatibility. kiss

If you CARRY A BIBLE, KORAN or ANY FORM OF RELIGIOUS BOOK you hypocritically tout around in your life, we can’t be “friends”. I am very allergic to PASTORS, chauvinists, misogynists, anti-feminists and traditionalists. I only associate with FREE-THINKERS like myself.

In the final analysis, OF WHAT UTILITY-VALUE is a person or group of persons on or offline to my life that I have to care about what they think or how they feel about me? undecided

ZERO UTILITY IN MY LIFE ONLY MEANS ONE THING!

Go to hell! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 11:12am On Jun 08, 2020
kapelvej:
Good response. This is the hallmark of superior education
List of top 10 universities with superior education

1. University of Oxford, United Kingdom
2. California Institute of Technology, United States
3. University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
4. Stanford University, United States
5. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States
6. Princeton University, United States
7. Harvard University, United States
8. Yale University, United States
9. University of Chicago, United States
10. Imperial College London, United Kingdom

Which of the above did our able Prof Emeritus attend?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Pay Your Children For Chores They Do? / What Was The Hardest Secret You Ever Kept? / What Diseases Run In Your Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.