Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Programming Learning Challenge June. - Programming (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Learning Challenge June. (27938 Views)

I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey / Python Or Ruby For First Programming Learning / Pair Programming - Learning In A Group Beats Studying On Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by TechCapon(m): 11:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
Biggest80:
just started. Loving what I have seen so far.
it's a great program. I'm still looking for a great company to apply the knowledge
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Erys(m): 11:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
Tarvel:
I want to start learning python from scratch, without a computer

Download PYDROID3 from play store, it's a perfect mobile IDE for python .

2 Likes

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by TechCapon(m): 11:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
wman:
Data Science/ Machine Learning/ Artificial Intelligence using Python, Excel, TensorFlow and other tools. Will participate in Kaggle competitions and attend DataScience Nigeria hackathons to get better.

Video Editing using Adobe Premiere Pro.

Continue my 2 week streak learning German on Duolingo. I started years ago and dropped it, only to resume a couple of weeks ago.

Amazon KDP. Publish at least one book every month.
I've already published a book on Amazon, how do I pull in sales
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by wman(m): 11:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
TechCapon:
I've already published a book on Amazon, how do I pull in sales

Here Bro. You'll find all the information you need here.

https://www.nairaland.com/1499182/making-regular-income-publishing-amazon
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Erys(m): 11:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
akaahs:

Thanks just that my phone can't download video from YouTube. Any recommendations as to which app to use for downloading video from YouTube?

Download vidmate either from playstore or u can search for it using Google. After installation, go to the YouTube video u wish to download n copy d link. Then paste d copied link on vidmate n load it. It will automatically generate different qualities of d video to select n download to ur phone .
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Ajibel(m): 11:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
Bornfool:

Pls can I learn only Django to get a good paying job

Only django for a good paying job? No sir

There are some other moving parts that complements django well you will also need to know.

But if you're contented with freelance web development jobs, then django should serve 80% of your needs.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by olasco2035: 11:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
bdchange:

I have books on general programming. The clean coder and The Pragmatic programmer. You can also download the PDF format on torrent. For the tutorial, you can register on freecodecamp and complete their HTML, CSS and Dom Manipulation tutorials to get started. And also udemy.com, YouTube, Scrimba, Udacity..and so on.

Wow
I really appreciate sir
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by AYVSP(m): 11:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
I am a beginner, I started html/css and JavaScript few days ago, but am kind of getting stucked.

I will gladly accept guide as to harness any easy method and motivations to get going, many thanks.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by scott12(m): 12:05am On Jun 05, 2020
TheManOfTheYear:
Mobile App ke?
You should be learning Java or Kotlin.. You miss road?
Yes boss... Actually with frameworks like react Native you can use programs written in Js for mobile app development. Alternatively, you can wrap the programs in hybridApp.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Biznex(m): 12:06am On Jun 05, 2020
saajus:
Let's do it. Real-life applications make it more interesting

I want to try this. Has any here create bot scraping data from social media (including converting video to text) and use those data as their datasets to make some predictions. Just thinking if there could a very cheap way to achieve this in Python/R. I have seen some bot on youtube commenting "I love this content" or "can I be your friend" on tragedy videos or calling a female youtube channel owner "dude". So, people quickly know the person commenting is not human. Need some knowledge about that and I want to try it this month.

I am interested in the R learning materials . How can I get it ? ssampsonobono@yahoo.com
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Biznex(m): 12:08am On Jun 05, 2020
mcemmy0z:
My fourth month in data analysis/science
Done with python, machine learning, a little bit of deep learning, done with power BI, tableau, Excel (power quey, power pivot, Excel functions etc) done with SPSS. Toying with rapidminer and weka for now just for data mining and deep learning.

Can I b your student??
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Biznex(m): 12:18am On Jun 05, 2020
Learning python and R for data science now but I need cool materials for the R programming. Thanks
Hello world!
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Asapchris(m): 12:25am On Jun 05, 2020
Can I learn JavaScript without HTML and CSS... I want to know more about about WordPress. Anyone that can help me out in Lagos please.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Xavi2019: 12:34am On Jun 05, 2020
Graspad:
This thread is created for people to come and challenge themselves on what they plan to learn this month.

The rules:
You list what you want to learn and people who have learnt the same thing can encourage you while people who wish to learn the same thing can get va chance to meet others.

Please, no advertisement ��

Mine:
I want to finish my machine learning course this month.

Guys join up, let's make the thread lively.
Just thinking, can you create a WhatsApp group?
I think it would be helpful
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Barbsamiin: 12:59am On Jun 05, 2020
Tarvel:
I want to start learning python from scratch, without a computer

Goto playstore or appstore and download PYDROID on your mobile then visit www.w3schools.com select python from the list of courses then follow the guide.

Good luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Clashy(m): 1:05am On Jun 05, 2020
This is serious,reading through this forum,I am getting more confused.
This is the point; I am a novice to anything related to programming.
QUESTIONS ON MY MIND
1. How do I start
2 what should I learn
3.what will be my gain
4.How or when will I start earning from it.
5what will be my likely career prospects
6 who be the users or organisation that would demand for my service
meanwhile i have passion yet i dont know who to meet ,how to go and what to get.
Please help me.....

1 Like

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by VickyRotex(f): 1:10am On Jun 05, 2020
Kaycee54321:
I guarantee that this thread will not go beyond 10 pages.

This didn't age well. undecided undecided undecided

VickyRotex:

I'll quote you when it does.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Barney001: 1:11am On Jun 05, 2020
ToyinDipo:
I want to learn html programming language this month
That's a markup language ooo...it shouldn't take you up to 1-2 weeks to master it

Meanwhile tongue

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by rashy1234(m): 1:16am On Jun 05, 2020
Walexwal:
Can we do it together?

Yeah, sure! Have you started or you just want to start ?
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by forap(m): 1:23am On Jun 05, 2020
Barney001:

That's a markup language ooo...it shouldn't take you up to 1-2 weeks to master it

Meanwhile tongue

Haha, very funny
I couldn't reply with my other account you quoted, currently banned by spambot
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by MeKshow(m): 2:37am On Jun 05, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Python

I want to know more about software architecture
And java script

Have been trying to perfect Fortran although it is one old fuckkking programming language but i need it because of automatic controls in machine
Fortran Almost turned me into a mad man with more than four laptops

this is something ooo, what do u need dem all for?
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by myles16(m): 2:50am On Jun 05, 2020
Currently learning python, after that i would love to learn django, kotlin, html5 and c#
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by khvnggift(m): 2:58am On Jun 05, 2020
Who else doesnt understand whats going on here

1 Like

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by bdchange(m): 4:07am On Jun 05, 2020
Asapchris:
Can I learn JavaScript without HTML and CSS... I want to know more about about WordPress. Anyone that can help me out in Lagos please.
Learning WordPress is a simpler means of designing without coding. I will teach you the basics of WordPress in a week and you are good to go. Contact me via my signature.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by bdchange(m): 4:08am On Jun 05, 2020
khvnggift:
Who else doesnt understand whats going on here
Lolz...then you should know it is not meant for you. Just read comments and move on.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by bdchange(m): 4:13am On Jun 05, 2020
Some of you are just jumping from learning one language to the other without being proficient in it. It seems you don't know how it works in tech world where you might be asked if you have 3+ years in Reactjs,Python, C# and the likes. The experienced focused on using such languages to work where you were compensated either in wages or salary, not just random learning of the language.

5 Likes

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Jobola1: 5:10am On Jun 05, 2020
Sirwallace:
Data analysis

Started with excel already with 50% completion

Next after that is power BI for data analysis and visualization.

Then data science with python and SQL.

I am fascinated by data and thats the motivation.

Dropped web development (HTML CSS and JS) months back for technical reason. Can still go back after my obsession with data analysis.

I would really love a mental in area of data analysis here. Especially with source data.

This is actually the best route to data science/analysis that I have seen thus far.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Adekunleadele: 5:25am On Jun 05, 2020
I just wanna perfect my html. and css then move on to scripting and start making some money
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by mcemmy0z: 5:44am On Jun 05, 2020
Biznex:

Can I b your student??
You can, we are all still learning
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by anochuko01(m): 6:10am On Jun 05, 2020
TechCapon:
andela has a tutorial channel on YouTube?
Not YouTube Sir.
The Google cloud training was a partnership with Andela, Google and pluralsight. Amazon partnered with Udacity. So Microsoft's might just take similar route.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by JahBwoy: 6:27am On Jun 05, 2020
ibkayee:

Development

How's that going for you? It's something I see myself trying to go into in the future, I have an idea of what it comprises of but I'm still not 100% clear to be honest lol

Well from what I know , it's all about bridging the gap between operations and development. So as a devops guy you are in complete control of the SDLC. from versioning/source control to spinning up of test and production systems. So nothing in Devops is written on stone, you try and learn as much tools as possible and when you join an organisation as a devops engineer, you should be able to adopt the tools they are using and platform too.
.you'd have to learn a couple of tools, some tools are platform dependent, others are universal.
As a devops guy, you should be good with servers, scripting languages and at least knowledge of any backend language, (I dont think you need to be proficient, just know how it works) version and source control with GIT, Infrastructure as code as well. ,
Personally I have lots of operational experience with Microsoft systems and I also have excellent scripting skills with windows PowerShell. I am learning IaC as well as tryna get my hands rough with c#. so I've been learning the Azure platform. How has it being for you?

2 Likes

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by JahBwoy: 6:29am On Jun 05, 2020
Someone should balance me real quick. Why are people not learning C#?
is it no longer relevant?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer / Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru / Nicholas Kajoh Builds A Video-based Vehicle Counting System As His Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.