Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Programming Learning Challenge June. - Programming (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Learning Challenge June. (28040 Views)

I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey / Python Or Ruby For First Programming Learning / Pair Programming - Learning In A Group Beats Studying On Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by ucheuzor1(m): 6:31am On Jun 05, 2020
scally11:
Python, solidity and JavaScript

That's quite a workload. Take it a step at a time.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by ucheuzor1(m): 6:33am On Jun 05, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Python

I want to know more about software architecture
And java script

Have been trying to perfect Fortran although it is one old fuckkking programming language but i need it because of automatic controls in machine
Fortran Almost turned me into a mad man with more than four laptops

As a bomber, you don't need to learn these things
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by demzey(m): 6:34am On Jun 05, 2020
johnyace:
is the sololearn app free to use

Yes, but uses little data
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by ucheuzor1(m): 6:37am On Jun 05, 2020
Anonime1105:
Discrete mathematics
Java
Data Structures and Algorithm
SQL
JavaScript
jQuery
React
Node.js + Express.js + Mongol db
PHP
Laravel
WordPress plugin development

It's very sweet to mention, but focus on one part and master. You can't learn all o.

It will take you donkey years and you won't still learn anything. Just take a part and stick to it judiciously. Try as much as you can to avoid tutorial hell

2 Likes

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Abdulmalik052(m): 6:38am On Jun 05, 2020
demzey:
I decided to go into coding cos I was getting tired of interviews, so i started learning HTML Wich I've finished and I'm now on CSS, and later JavaScript with the help of sololearn app.all these elements and attributes can confuse somebody ehn....hope to become a web developer and app developer someday.

But if I may ask, how do one get that coding platform or should I say software on PC, is it notepad or what?
All you need on PC is your browser and text editor sir.
Yeah, you can use notepad, but it's not as visual/colorful as other editors like Sublime Text, Visual Studio Code and so on which can be downloaded for free.
I won't recommend using notepad as a beginner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by ucheuzor1(m): 6:41am On Jun 05, 2020
Jolowinki:

Pls where are you learning it, i will like to learn, and please is it advisable to learn just only through online?

Check YouTube. You'll see tutorials that will get you up to intermediate from complete novice
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by demzey(m): 6:55am On Jun 05, 2020
Abdulmalik052:

All you need on PC is your browser and text editor sir.
Yeah, you can use notepad, but it's not as visual/colorful as other editors like Sublime Text, Visual Studio Code and so on which can be downloaded for free.
I won't recommend using notepad as a beginner.

Thanks so much, you jus brought me to the light
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Legendvic: 7:00am On Jun 05, 2020
bdchange:

Just put more focused and much enthusiasm towards learning and you will achieve your goal at the end. You can participate in the ongoing HNGi7 program, if it is still open.
. Thanks boss I really appreciate.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by eldolink: 7:12am On Jun 05, 2020
Naijaepic:
I want to finish Advancing Data and Analytic Potential Together (ADAPT) Program by Alteryx (Data science Program) and AWS Machine Learning Scholarship Program with Udacity.

This day, i had been slowing down after getting about Six certificate last month on both Coursera and International CyberSecurity Institute (ICSI ), but I must finish up before school resume.
pls how can I get the materials you're using.I'm also interested.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by miketayo(m): 7:14am On Jun 05, 2020
Olamilekan08:
You guys learning several languages how are you doing it?

I'm trying to perfect front end Web development, but Java scripts is looking like a rocket science to me. I have just mastered basic Html and CSS. I hope to perfect with time by working on project.

I'm now spending most of my time on the How To section of the 3cS website. Copy and paste the code I needed and spend hours trying to change class and ids, colors and pixels and understanding what a code does and why it isn't working the way I wanted.

SQL done with the basics (Ironically, I don't know where or how SQL is apply) I only know it's a database language where you can join table and do several selects and some other functions.

PHP only idea of what it does

On and off with python. Those edx video courses always get me lost as they are always talking about things I don't understand. Until finally the I tried datacamp. It really help me enjoy Python for data science and all was looking promising until my 7 day free trial ended. cry cry

Most languages look the same, algorithm is mostly the same only syntax is different.
I started with C in 2007 den c++, Java , php and C#, every language I have learnt till today is similar to it, expect python to some extent which I find very boring.
C++, Java(my fav), JS, php, C# are object oriented but are very similar to C, what you are learning is just the new syntax.
I learnt kotlin basics in less than a week because it's just an easier Java.
I will just advice u to pick a language and stick with it. Build many things with it, then u can try another language.
And if u haven't built any working app or website with what u have learnt, u haven't understand it yet

7 Likes

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by eldolink: 7:17am On Jun 05, 2020
olasesi:
HTML (100%)
CSS (100%)
Bootstrap (100%)
JavaScript (100%)
PHP (100%)
Mysql(100%)

Photoshop(100%)

AutoCAD(100%)

Revit(100%)
. �
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Christorex(m): 7:52am On Jun 05, 2020
started learning Html and Css 3weeks ago, understand the basics of JavaScript, would start learning Php from next week.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 05, 2020
Patiee:
jQuery,Ajax and JSON I'm up to them this month.

AJAX and JSON are never programming languages, and even JQuery is a JS library

1 Like

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 05, 2020
TRUEBLOOD59:
HTML ,Javascript and PHP here we go

Why don't you consider Django or Node.js instead of PHP

1 Like

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Samuell2019(m): 8:39am On Jun 05, 2020
EazyJ:

Yeah, I have.

please share. If you have courses on Javascript too

1 Like

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 05, 2020
wman:
Data Science/ Machine Learning/ Artificial Intelligence using Python, Excel, TensorFlow and other tools. Will participate in Kaggle competitions and attend DataScience Nigeria hackathons to get better.

Video Editing using Adobe Premiere Pro.

Continue my 2 week streak learning German on Duolingo. I started years ago and dropped it, only to resume a couple of weeks ago.

Amazon KDP. Publish at least one book every month.

Many things on your table o...remind me of that kaggle, just briefly saw something on it recently
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 05, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
grin

I want to learn Yahoo Yahoo

Funny guy
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Kaycee54321(m): 8:43am On Jun 05, 2020
VickyRotex:

This didn't age well. undecided undecided undecided

Was hoping you'd forgotten cheesy

You're petty sad
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by TechCapon(m): 8:43am On Jun 05, 2020
anochuko01:

Not YouTube Sir.
The Google cloud training was a partnership with Andela, Google and pluralsight. Amazon partnered with Udacity. So Microsoft's might just take similar route.
nice.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 05, 2020
ebunchi:
I want to learn PHP though I know the basis , I just need to perfect it .

And anything you want to do with it, new enticing way of making connection is out in town....research of php PDO (Php Data Object), don't thank me for this
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 05, 2020
MycroftHolmes:
C/C++
embarassed

What do you want to do with them, you want to write software? If you are not strong enough, run for your dear live
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 05, 2020
Fr33born:
I just started learning Python with YouTube videos but I need a motivator.

I wish we can have something like a whatsapp group where we can help and motivate ourselves. I believe it will help.

Create one now
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by ibkayee(f): 8:50am On Jun 05, 2020
JahBwoy:

Well from what I know , it's all about bridging the gap between operations and development. So as a devops guy you are in complete control of the SDLC. from versioning/source control to spinning up of test and production systems. So nothing in Devops is written on stone, you try and learn as much tools as possible and when you join an organisation as a devops engineer, you should be able to adopt the tools they are using and platform too.
.you'd have to learn a couple of tools, some tools are platform dependent, others are universal.
As a devops guy, you should be good with servers, scripting languages and at least knowledge of any backend language, (I dont think you need to be proficient, just know how it works) version and source control with GIT, Infrastructure as code as well. ,
Personally I have lots of operational experience with Microsoft systems and I also have excellent scripting skills with windows PowerShell. I am learning IaC as well as tryna get my hands rough with c#. so I've been learning the Azure platform. How has it being for you?
Thanks for your input, I've something I've considered going into but I haven't taken any real steps asides researching it
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 05, 2020
SirMichael1:
Then i presume you want to learn with a phone then. Phones arent convinient and to compile programes on it will take time. Then if you're compiling heavy programmes, oyo oh. grin

Can't find the guy you quoted on this...he can actually learn of phone. Please suggest my username to him and ask him to quote me
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by lifeisfirst: 8:52am On Jun 05, 2020
I am a starter ,a newbie knowing nothing about programming. I tried learning C and C++, I read the whole notes but didn't understand anything. I need help.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 05, 2020
ToyinDipo:
I want to learn html programming language this month

HTML is just a markup language, it is not a programming language.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 05, 2020
saajus:
Let's do it. Real-life applications make it more interesting

I want to try this. Has any here create bot scraping data from social media (including converting video to text) and use those data as their datasets to make some predictions. Just thinking if there could a very cheap way to achieve this in Python/R. I have seen some bot on youtube commenting "I love this content" or "can I be your friend" on tragedy videos or calling a female youtube channel owner "dude". So, people quickly know the person commenting is not human. Need some knowledge about that and I want to try it this month.

I've done little of those...I have a script that scrapes data on this particular forum everyday. All topics that make it to frontpage, time they were created, time moved to frontpage, who created it and so on. Then I do some exploratory analysis on it to get certain facts like category with most topics (authoritatively I can say it is Politics), users with most topics (islie and lalasticlala are front runners), topic with most views, average views per day and so on. I will be creating thread on this very soon, I just want my data to mature, I started a little over a week now
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by JahBwoy: 9:04am On Jun 05, 2020
donproject:

I've done little of those...I have a script that scrapes data on this particular forum everyday. All topics that make it to frontpage, time they were created, time moved to frontpage, who created it and so on. Then I do some exploratory analysis on it to get certain facts like category with most topics (authoritatively I can say it is Politics), users with most topics (islie and lalasticlala are front runners), topic with most views, average views per day and so on. I will be creating thread on this very soon, I just want my data to mature, I started a little over a week now

Wow , what scripting language did you use to implement this?
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Hyelnatz(m): 9:07am On Jun 05, 2020
demzey:
I decided to go into coding cos I was getting tired of interviews, so i started learning HTML Wich I've finished and I'm now on CSS, and later JavaScript with the help of sololearn app.all these elements and attributes can confuse somebody ehn....hope to become a web developer and app developer someday.

But if I may ask, how do one get that coding platform or should I say software on PC, is it notepad or what?

just Google "visual studio code" and download, it's good for almost any language you want to learn

1 Like

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by JahBwoy: 9:07am On Jun 05, 2020
miketayo:

Most languages look the same, algorithm is mostly the same only syntax is different.
I started with C in 2007 den c++, Java , php and C#, every language I have learnt till today is similar to it, expect python to some extent which I find very boring.
C++, Java(my fav), JS, php, C# are object oriented but are very similar to C, what you are learning is just the new syntax.
I learnt kotlin basics in less than a week because it's just an easier Java.
I will just advice u to pick a language and stick with it. Build many things with it, then u can try another language.
And if u haven't built any working app or website with what u have learnt, u haven't understand it yet

Hello Bro, I've been a sys admin, so i've got my hands dirty with powershell. looking at the devops side of things, but i have mad passion for building stuffs so
I'm looking to move to c# (makes sense since i've been a windows guy) right now and I am just wondering why the language is not trendy, could rarely find a community on twitter unlike JS and Python. What are the prospect for C#
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Dipsaint(m): 9:07am On Jun 05, 2020
lifeisfirst:
I am a starter ,a newbie knowing nothing about programming. I tried learning C and C++, I read the whole notes but didn't understand anything. I need help.
Hello,
I understand your feelings but worry no more.
I'm learning C++ as well and I'm a beginner.
let's hook up 08062128170
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Fr33born(m): 9:10am On Jun 05, 2020
donproject:

Create one now
Someone said he would do that. I don't know if he has created it or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer / Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru / Nicholas Kajoh Builds A Video-based Vehicle Counting System As His Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.