Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Programming Learning Challenge June. - Programming (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Learning Challenge June. (27838 Views)

I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey / Python Or Ruby For First Programming Learning / Pair Programming - Learning In A Group Beats Studying On Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Hahjascho(m): 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
4ckz:

To be honest both app and web developing, I was stuck between furthering my knowledge on web development, like learning higher stuff like jquery or sql or just looking a bit into app development like having a bit knowledge of Java and c++.

The issue I had to contend with is lack of motivation, I was already convincing myself that tech skills were useless to someone in the medical field.
You might want to focus on one for now.

Also, it's a general fact that Tech has gained lots of relevance in almost all fields, let alone medical field.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by BOYLOVABLE1(m): 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
Please can someone put me through this is what am about to go into

Please help a brother
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by ibromodzi: 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
4ckz:
I am in the medical field, but I learnt html, css and javascript.

I am just confused as to what to do with the knowledge, and what more languages should I learn?

Please someone should advice me

It doesn't mean anything. I study Optometry and vision science and I'm currently exploring AI and Blockchain.

2 Likes

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by todman(m): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2020
ibkayee:

Thank you smiley

How long have you been learning it? Did you go into it with a developer or operations background?

I can't really recall how long i have been learning. I just have been stumbling across the tools being used in devops since i started working 4 years ago. I started with mostly Automation. Then in the last 2 years. Containerization and CI/CD pipelines
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by ifecx4real: 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
Nicklaus619:

I could hook u up with my mentor, still learning though online but the guy is gud

Interested
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by akaahs(m): 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
Jokerman:

I have no site bro. I download YouTube videos and use Google (i.e Mathlab tutorials for beginners.pdf) etc...
Thanks just that my phone can't download video from YouTube. Any recommendations as to which app to use for downloading video from YouTube?
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by GreatAchiever1: 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
omoyankee3:
Game theory
Options
Go learn game design
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by ibkayee(f): 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
todman:

I can't really recall how long i have been learning. I just have been stumbling across the tools being used in devops since i started working 4 years ago. I started with mostly Automation. Then in the last 2 years. Containerization and CI/CD pipelines
Ok a while then, someone recommended it to me so I've been looking into what it is. I've saved your monicker mentally lol thanks smiley
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by olasco2035: 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
toyotamuscle:
if I were you I ll not listing to anybody talking about html and css and js.just learn how to build websites with WordPress and you are okay.

Thnakx
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by mustaphagreens(m): 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2020
Patosky4U:
Python programming straight this new month... But I need an online mentor, help a brother

Maybe what you need is a tutor; hire one and you will be compelled to be disciplined.

1 Like

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by ibromodzi: 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2020
Graspad:
This thread is created for people to come and challenge themselves on what they plan to learn this month.

The rules:
You list what you want to learn and people who have learnt the same thing can encourage you while people who wish to learn the same thing can get va chance to meet others.

Please, no advertisement ��

Mine:
I want to finish my machine learning course this month.

Guys join up, let's make the thread lively.

Pytorch for DL
OpenCV for Computer vision
Tkinter for GUI

1 Like

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Olamilekan08(m): 10:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
You guys learning several languages how are you doing it?

I'm trying to perfect front end Web development, but Java scripts is looking like a rocket science to me. I have just mastered basic Html and CSS. I hope to perfect with time by working on project.

I'm now spending most of my time on the How To section of the 3cS website. Copy and paste the code I needed and spend hours trying to change class and ids, colors and pixels and understanding what a code does and why it isn't working the way I wanted.

SQL done with the basics (Ironically, I don't know where or how SQL is apply) I only know it's a database language where you can join table and do several selects and some other functions.

PHP only idea of what it does

On and off with python. Those edx video courses always get me lost as they are always talking about things I don't understand. Until finally the I tried datacamp. It really help me enjoy Python for data science and all was looking promising until my 7 day free trial ended. cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by TechCapon(m): 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
Biggest80:
ICSI / CNSS all the way.
I'm already through with the program. What of you
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Benjaniblinks(m): 10:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Python

I want to know more about software architecture
And java script

Have been trying to perfect Fortran although it is one old fuckkking programming language but i need it because of automatic controls in machine
Fortran Almost turned me into a mad man with more than four laptops

baba sayo me one lappy na
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Biggest80: 10:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
TechCapon:
I'm already through with the program. What of you
just started. Loving what I have seen so far.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by GreatAchiever1: 10:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
Abeg anyone fit yarn me how I go take start to learn wordpress?
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
Great thread. Learning Python.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by demzey(m): 10:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
I decided to go into coding cos I was getting tired of interviews, so i started learning HTML Wich I've finished and I'm now on CSS, and later JavaScript with the help of sololearn app.all these elements and attributes can confuse somebody ehn....hope to become a web developer and app developer someday.

But if I may ask, how do one get that coding platform or should I say software on PC, is it notepad or what?

2 Likes

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by CirocBoi(m): 10:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Python

I want to know more about software architecture
And java script

Have been trying to perfect Fortran although it is one old fuckkking programming language but i need it because of automatic controls in machine
Fortran Almost turned me into a mad man with more than four laptops

Instead of u carrying all these old laptops, why not get a very good laptop install VMware and download any OS of your choice....

1 Like

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Sirwallace(m): 10:56pm On Jun 04, 2020
babajeje123:

What materials are you using for Data Analysis with Excel?

Video on youtube and a pdf title data analysis for dummies from google.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by faith551(m): 10:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
EazyJ:
I've started learning Python and SQL. I packed lots of free Udemy courses into my account. Even though I won't touch some of them, seeing them gladdens my heart. wink

I've wanted to learn something about programming for a while now (python preferably), although i know next to nothing about it. But i don't know how or where to start. I would have enrolled somewhere if i had ascess, resources. Can you help?? Like can i learn on my own using the web(like youtube)? Where can i get helpful materials. Thanks
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Ajibade123(m): 10:58pm On Jun 04, 2020
I Hope I am able to learn Bootstrap and little of node.js before this month runs out

hehehe it seems Nairaland is changing o, I have seen 2 programming topics making FP today after all these years
Thanks lalasticlala
thanks Seun

1 Like

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by kachiz(m): 11:01pm On Jun 04, 2020
ConcNiggress56:
I know this may sound stupid..

But my 28 year old handsome brother who is an engineer and a young business man in Lagos always keep talking about not getting married unless he finds a God fearing yoruba woman into tech & coding.

Please what is it about you techies?

Edit: ok, this blew up unexpectedly.. if you're a female techie (tribe regardless), live in Lagos and within my brother's age bracket.. quote this post.. I'd get in touch.. he wants to get in a serious relationship. kiss

Got to Twitter, you'll find lots of Tech ladies there (the God-fearing path, he'll find out himself)
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by johnyace(m): 11:05pm On Jun 04, 2020
demzey:
I decided to go into coding cos I was getting tired of interviews, so i started learning HTML Wich I've finished and I'm now on CSS, and later JavaScript with the help of sololearn app.all these elements and attributes can confuse somebody ehn....hope to become a web developer and app developer someday.

But if I may ask, how do one get that coding platform or should I say software on PC, is it notepad or what?
is the sololearn app free to use
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Stevecrown1818(m): 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
johnyace:
is the sololearn app free to use
Yea it is. you even get a certificate at the end of each course.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Wiinnd(m): 11:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
anochuko01:
I've got six months free access to coursera so I'm learning Python for Data Science and Google cloud course there. And I'm about to start Microsoft Azure by Andela.

I no dey sleep again
How your take get am the free 6 months access?
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by johnyace(m): 11:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
Stevecrown1818:

Yea it is.
you even get a certificate at the end of each course.
Really, that's good
thanks for the info
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by kayodez: 11:17pm On Jun 04, 2020
nice threads.

I've learnt HTML and CSS styles but I'm finding it difficult to comprehend JavaScript.

how can someone learn this JavaScript easily?
I'm losing it but I'm still taking my time...I know with time I will master it.

May God help me through my coding journey,
though I used my smartphone for now.
I've tried to built several website like Facebook login page, Nigerian University portal using my smartphones just with knowledge of HTML and CSS.

My probs now is JavaScript

2 Likes

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by iLearner: 11:18pm On Jun 04, 2020
iAmTheJoker:

Actually according to Wikipedia "a programming language is a formal language comprising a set of instructions that produce various kinds of output"... going by this definition HTML can be categorized as as programming language because
HTML code is used to provide instructions to a browser as to how to display data in a document/ file. If you produce a .html file with HTML markup in it, and open it up in a browser - the browser will use those instructions to configure the appearance of the page.....
Just saying

HTML is a markup language with the main purpose of rendering and formatting documents on the webpage. It cannot be said to be a programming language because it doesn't give any logical instructions to the computer.

3 Likes

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Stevecrown1818(m): 11:20pm On Jun 04, 2020
kayodez:
nice threads.

I've learnt HTML and CSS styles but I'm finding it difficult to comprehend JavaScript.

how can someone learn this JavaScript easily?
I'm losing it but I'm still taking my time...I know with time I will master it.

May God help me through my coding journey,
though I used my smartphone for now.
I've tried to built several website like Facebook login page, Nigerian University portal using my smartphones just with knowledge of HTML and CSS.

My probs now is JavaScript
Try sololearn. It's a nice site for programming
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Jokerman(m): 11:20pm On Jun 04, 2020
akaahs:

Thanks just that my phone can't download video from YouTube. Any recommendations as to which app to use for downloading video from YouTube?

I used laptop bro...

Otherwise you can try this site..."yaaya.mobi".... Just click on the videos link, type the progam or video title you need, hmmmmm
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by bdchange(m): 11:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
olasco2035:

Thanks boss..pls can u recommend books, software or video tutorial for me
I have books on general programming. The clean coder and The Pragmatic programmer. You can also download the PDF format on torrent. For the tutorial, you can register on freecodecamp and complete their HTML, CSS and Dom Manipulation tutorials to get started. And also udemy.com, YouTube, Scrimba, Udacity..and so on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer / Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru / Nicholas Kajoh Builds A Video-based Vehicle Counting System As His Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.