Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Programming Learning Challenge June. - Programming (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Learning Challenge June. (27844 Views)

I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey / Python Or Ruby For First Programming Learning / Pair Programming - Learning In A Group Beats Studying On Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Emanodimo(m): 8:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
ConcNiggress56:
I know this may sound stupid..

But my 28 year old handsome brother who is an engineer and a young business man in Lagos always keep talking about not getting married unless he finds a God fearing yoruba woman into tech & coding.

Please what is it about you techies?

Edit: ok, this blew up unexpectedly.. if you're a female techie (tribe regardless), live in Lagos and within my brother's age bracket.. quote this post.. I'd get in touch.. he wants to get in a serious relationship. kiss

He reason well as to the support he needs from the would-be wife... It will be lopsided to marry tailor or nurse.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by KomonSense: 8:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
Graspad:
This thread is created for people to come and challenge themselves on what they plan to learn this month.

The rules:
You list what you want to learn and people who have learnt the same thing can encourage you while people who wish to learn the same thing can get va chance to meet others.

Please, no advertisement ��

Mine:
I want to finish my machine learning course this month.

Guys join up, let's make the thread lively.

Please teach me...i want to learn programming
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by mcemmy0z: 8:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
My fourth month in data analysis/science
Done with python, machine learning, a little bit of deep learning, done with power BI, tableau, Excel (power quey, power pivot, Excel functions etc) done with SPSS. Toying with rapidminer and weka for now just for data mining and deep learning.

3 Likes

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by EazyJ(f): 9:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
anayolity:

sweetheart do you have a course for HTML and CSS??
Yeah, I have.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Legendvic: 9:01pm On Jun 04, 2020
I'm new in the game, started with javascript, I beg I need encouragement ooo, e no easy �
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by bdchange(m): 9:01pm On Jun 04, 2020
I am currently proficient in AWS and little knowledge in GCP. I want to learn Microsoft Azure and have registered in the upcoming Andela partnership program with Microsoft Azure in which I have being accepted to participate in the program.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by scott12(m): 9:03pm On Jun 04, 2020
I'm done with html, css. Currently honing my JavaScript programming skills. In a week's time I should proceed to backend probably PHP or Nodejs/Django python. My goal is to be a mobile app developer. Please I would like to meet to fellow tech enthusiasts let's talk technology and learn from each other.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by bdchange(m): 9:04pm On Jun 04, 2020
Legendvic:
I'm new in the game, started with javascript, I beg I need encouragement ooo, e no easy �
Just put more focused and much enthusiasm towards learning and you will achieve your goal at the end. You can participate in the ongoing HNGi7 program, if it is still open.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by 4ckz: 9:05pm On Jun 04, 2020
I am in the medical field, but I learnt html, css and javascript.

I am just confused as to what to do with the knowledge, and what more languages should I learn?

Please someone should advice me

1 Like

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Kylekent59: 9:05pm On Jun 04, 2020
sparkle7:

Python baby. It doesn't swallow people but can hurt you in order cruel ways.
Indentation error...

Yes i know.

a = ''guru"
b = 99

print( a + str(b))

That's the correct lines which gives "guru99"

I am at date and time delta. It's not easy ooo
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Pleasant0778(m): 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2020
I want to learn Django
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by TheManOfTheYear: 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2020
Hahjascho:
Done with HTML and CSS.

Now: PHP & Python

seems you wanna deal with back-end, you might wanna consider Nodejs too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Coder2Client(m): 9:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
Osaro4u2k:
Python and Java programming language. pls who can help me out?
The two languages have their popularity in different areas. Java is popular in Enterprise Apps and Android while Python has its ground in Machine Learning which is currently reigning in software development. So, the question is what do you want to major in? Your interest will define which one to learn first and later on you can consider the other. But it is worthy to note that it takes a dedicated heart and persistence to be a software developer.

Happy learning Happy coding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Boybreezy(m): 9:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
Always been interested in programming but don't know where to start... If anybody is willing to put me through even if it's the beginning stages would be appreciated embarassed
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Samcent: 9:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
Etinosa1234:
I plan to finish JavaScript and start learning Java and Python...

My aim is to be an expert in both by the end of the year..and mobile app development

The rest are next year tins

Good plans.

But to be an expert in both Java and Python by the end of this year is impossible!

Just take them gradually and do projects with them to test how well you have mastered the language.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by bdchange(m): 9:11pm On Jun 04, 2020
olasco2035:
Please am a computer science graduate but when it comes to programming I can't even boost of my self.please I need someone to put me tru.where should I start from, I need suggestions please am ready to go for it.thankz
Start from HTML and CSS then you can move up from there on. I can relate to your plight as a computer science graduate myself.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by JhayJoe: 9:11pm On Jun 04, 2020
Tarvel:
I want to start learning python from scratch, without a computer
Please quote me when you find an answer cuz a brother wants to learn
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by babajeje123(m): 9:11pm On Jun 04, 2020
Sirwallace:
Data analysis

Started with excel already with 50% completion

Next after that is power BI for data analysis and visualization.

Then data science with python and SQL.

I am fascinated by data and thats the motivation.

Dropped web development (HTML CSS and JS) months back for technical reason. Can still go back after my obsession with data analysis.

I would really love a mental in area of data analysis here. Especially with source data.
What materials are you using for Data Analysis with Excel?
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Dipsaint(m): 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
MycroftHolmes:
C/C++ embarassed
I'm with you
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by bdchange(m): 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
4ckz:

I am just confused as to what to do with the knowledge, and what more languages should I learn?

Learning it without using it practically is tantamount to useless overtime. It is a practical field therefore you must be ready to explore what you have learnt. You can start building real world app that solve problems and monetize it.

2 Likes

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Samcent: 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
olasco2035:
Please am a computer science graduate but when it comes to programming I can't even boost of my self.please I need someone to put me tru.where should I start from, I need suggestions please am ready to go for it.thankz

It depends on your interests; but I will suggest you start with HTML, CSS and then JS.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Dipsaint(m): 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
DrBrainstorm:
Na wa o, everybody na python, php and Javascript. No Java, C#, C++?
It's a matter of choice...
I'm learning C++, Cloud Computing and Cybersecurity
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Hahjascho(m): 9:20pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheManOfTheYear:
seems you wanna deal with back-end, you might wanna consider Nodejs too
Yeah back- end...
What has been your experience using Node.js?
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by noble2faith(m): 9:20pm On Jun 04, 2020
ConcNiggress56:
I know this may sound stupid..

But my 28 year old handsome brother who is an engineer and a young business man in Lagos always keep talking about not getting married unless he finds a God fearing yoruba woman into tech & coding.

Please what is it about you techies?

Edit: ok, this blew up unexpectedly.. if you're a female techie (tribe regardless), live in Lagos and within my brother's age bracket.. quote this post.. I'd get in touch.. he wants to get in a serious relationship. kiss

What about wanting you?
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Czarny(m): 9:20pm On Jun 04, 2020
html, css, javascript, java let go!
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by liztemi(f): 9:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
babajeje123:

What materials are you using for Data Analysis with Excel?

There is a free cousera course on something similar to this.
Maybe you should check it out.

1 Like

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by wman(m): 9:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
pieces18:

My wife writes book, she's published one, two yet to be published, how she publish books on amazon?

Is it possible to write and make money online? Your kind response will make my wife's night.
Thanks.

Yes Boss. It is very possible. A lot of Nigerians are into it and they earn in dollars every month by targeting a foreign audience.

Here is a Nairaland thread with all the info you need. You will find fellow writers and publishers too.

https://www.nairaland.com/1499182/making-regular-income-publishing-amazon
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by wman(m): 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
joey150:

The man that sets out to do too many things at once, ends up accomplishing nothing at any point in time.

Very true.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Hahjascho(m): 9:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
4ckz:

What part of technology interests you?
Web designing? Web developing? Or app development?
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Oshin56(m): 9:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
I'm a mathematics and statistics graduate please what machine language can I start from and I don't have system apart from my android phone.
Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by Deboxoxo(m): 9:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
Jokerman:
I want to finish learning all of Mathlab, ANSYS and AutoCAD

AutoCAD -70%
Mathlab - 50%
ANSYS - 50%

You must be an Engineering student ��

1 Like

Re: Programming Learning Challenge June. by TheManOfTheYear: 9:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
Hahjascho:
Yeah back- end...
What has been your experience using Node.js?
Node is the future of back-end programming, it's under Javascript it's really dynamic.
PHP is a great language too and still widely used, but it's slowly losing popularity

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer / Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru / Nicholas Kajoh Builds A Video-based Vehicle Counting System As His Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.