Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC (35409 Views)

Jonathan Adewunmi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In USA / Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos / A Doctor, Two Others Die Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 02, 2020
Kingseex1:
Covid19 must take the blame na grin something tells me that over 30% of covid19 deaths all over the world may not be actually caused by covid
seconded.
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by Kingseex1(m): 9:59pm On Jun 02, 2020
Angelfrost:

Speak for your duplicitous country... Developed nations carry out proper autopsies before declaring cause of death.

Your people here are more interested in padding figures in order to belong with the rest of the world.
thank God u said developed nations grin
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by prohet: 10:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
That kind covid 19.
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
Kingseex1:

thanks 4 ur analysis, i appreciate but can u educate me more on the symptoms of malaria and covid19
though symptoms look similar when exhibited but the test results are different. Among the unique stpmypms exhibited among others are...dry cough, difficulty in breathing, sour threat , none of the symptoms is associated with malaria except rising temperature
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by Roon9(m): 10:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
hmm, it is well bro. So sorry about ur uncle

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by SILVERLINES: 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
cheesy
Coronavirus killed chief Etang a day before his expected appearance on the floor of the national assembly for questioning on the embazelment of 40 billion NDDC fund.

Coronavirus you see what you have cuase?
You now take the blame when kinsmen murder their kinsman.

Information reaching us now is that they have hired some jobless youth to set is office ablaze to conceal all financial documents.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by Havertz(m): 11:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
Thinking dey will make us believe their livescore
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by YaksonFCA(m): 12:14am On Jun 03, 2020
RIP
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by Pacesetter123(m): 12:30am On Jun 03, 2020
SILVERLINES:
cheesy
Coronavirus killed chief Etang a day before his expected appearance on the floor of the national assembly for questioning on the embazelment of 40 billion NDDC fund.

Coronavirus you see what you have cuase?
You now take the blame when kinsmen murder his kinsman.

Information reaching you now is that they have hired some jobless youth to set is office ablaze to conceal all the financial documents.
Nawa...ooo
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by Babatunde7109(m): 1:14am On Jun 03, 2020
fergie006:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/06/02/late-nddc-director-died-covid-19-commission-says

One thing Coronavirus virus has done and done well is to conceal the health status of the poor, and expose the health conditions of the well-to-do, public figures in our society. That is, the virus exposes those individuals who are known in the society, when they have the virus, but leave the anonymous - the masses - in their world of unknown.

In application to this case, it will take a whole lot to keep the presence of such a virus in the body of a man like the former NDDC director from the society. It will take a whole lot. This is evident in some reports informing the general public of some notable personalities in the country who contracted the virus. For instance, Abba Kyari, Dokpesi and family, El-Rufai, to mention a few, are some of the notable individuals who contracted the virus. In fact, some of them informed the public themselves.

It (the virus) wouldn't have been noticed, if he conceals the presence of the virus in his body from his family - including his extended family. But that would be very hard to do, considering the way the virus would swing him around. He can't bare the burden all by himself; however, he needs his people. This is one of the reasons why his COVID-19 health condition couldn't have been known to the public.

Another way his COVID-19 status could have been hidden is: if he has refused to be cared for by a medical or health personnel. certainly, he needs a doctor, or a nurse. And there is no how any of these personnel would cared for him without getting to record his case - as a formal thing to do. Informally, they also would inform their families, to create awareness of their susceptibility of contracting the virus, to avoid unwanted spread of the virus among their family members.

These are just some of the reasons why the former NDDC Director's Coronavirus status wouldn't have been known to many, if not the entire society. However, his death couldn't have been related to the virus, without people knowing he was suffering from the virus.

Giving the current world situation, COVID-19 is responsible for virtually all deaths, as long it involves the deceased visiting a health centre. However, this has to stop. Consequently, I think they need to reaffirm the cause of his death, and give us report on the case as it is, not as it seems.

And holding Coronavirus accountable for his death, without a prior report of him having the virus, considering the ongoing auditing of the NDDC, would be nothing but a total sabotage. This is exactly the way many would see it.
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by DedeNkem: 2:32am On Jun 03, 2020
Many illiterates in Nigeria still believe Covid-19 is a political propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by NwaIgboBoy(m): 3:10am On Jun 03, 2020
I never knew some families can lie .... untill last week that a guy went for robbery unfortunately he was caught and killed by angry mob , now on his burial day this week only for his family to announce to the public that their son died from Covid-19 after showing serious symptoms.
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by Jelzin2412(m): 3:41am On Jun 03, 2020
topazCaro:
The statement reads, “The family has authorised the commission to announce that the late executive director tested positive for COVID-19"
Imagine the above statement. so without the family authorisation they would not have announced what killed him. It might be he suffered some health challenges which resulted to his death now Mr. Corona virus is taken the blame just to reach covid 19 peak in Nigeria. Politics for Nigeria.
;Dx

Yes!!! That's simple medical ethics but y'all lots who claim to know it all will never understand this aspect of medicine. Without their express consent announcing his cause of death is a clear breach of confidentiality and privacy and if found culpable whomever breached it might face a law suit. Nevertheless, it will sound unreasonable to you and politics as usual cos of 2 reasons. 1. Your head and that of ur likes have been irrevocably messed up by the Govt. 2. Medicine is never that simple. E get why ppl study it for 6-8yrs & go ahead with post graduate training for 6-10yrs.
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by JayPeeOham: 6:02am On Jun 03, 2020
BeautifulWoman:
May his soul rest in peace

Woman of Beauty... I love the fact that you are natural and that makes it more interesting? wink
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by Affamefuna(m): 6:43am On Jun 03, 2020
NwaIgboBoy:
I never knew some families can lie .... untill last week that a guy went for robbery unfortunately he was caught and killed by angry mob , now on his burial day this week only for his family to announce to the public that their son died from Covid-19 after showing serious symptoms.
Hahahaha brother, take am easy na
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 03, 2020
chicogentil:
Same way they blame Fulani herdsmen on every killings
Would you people stop downplaying this thing? You are young, fit and healthy, what about the elderly ones with diabetes, asthma, cancer, kidney problems, etc? You think they have much chances as you do? At the early stages an american died in lagos or ibadan of the virus but NCDC did not say he died of covid even though his personal driver tested positive, similar thing happened at unillorin, a well known man died with symptoms and was hurriedly buried, did NCDC claim it was covid? Even when his wife and children were positive. Its a world wide thing, not nigeria alone, most people have only mild symptoms and may not even notice, and it is even milder in places like nigeria and india where malaria is common, but it kills mainly old people with diabetes, kidney problems, etc so they are the main people we should try to prevent from getting infected.
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by govomotors: 7:40am On Jun 03, 2020
You just reminded me of what I forgot.

In the '90 they told us Vision 2020, housing for all. Now I realize what they meant.

"Vision 2020 house arrest for all".

aspirebig:
RIP to the dead.

Na the matter we still dey settle o

Is this the vision 2020 we 've been hearing for decades ?

But how come none of our 'daddies', could mention this Corona Virus in all their various new year prophesies?

I no call anyone name o. Post covid 19, if you like, no get sense, continue to be deceived. I believe in God and not in man.

Quote only if you don't aspirebig......

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by SocialJustice: 7:52am On Jun 03, 2020
Lies, Ibanga was murdered. It was done to prevent national assembly probe of NDDC. Let the NCDC confirm it was COVID19 not NDDC.

I hope the whole world can see the shameless thief and murderer Akpabio is.

The truth must prevail.
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 03, 2020
Kingseex1:
Covid19 must take the blame na grin something tells me that over 30% of covid19 deaths all over the world may not be actually caused by covid
modified
For those quoting me, the WHO and our NCDC Has said it severally that most of the covid19 deaths are those with underlining illness. REASON AM
denial.
Something tells you. I hope that thing telling you has a spare life to give you when shit hits the fan
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by mruwaifo(m): 10:18am On Jun 03, 2020
LIE!!!
BIG FAT LIE
NDDC Is hustling for sickly old people to tag as infected with their money making virus.
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by adontcare(f): 3:26pm On Jun 03, 2020
JasonScoolari:
Village People, Witches and Wizards are no longer accused or blamed anymore.... They've shifted everything to Covid.
lol
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC by Basic123: 7:47pm On Jun 03, 2020
Kingseex1:
modified
For those quoting me, the WHO and our NCDC Has said it severally that most of the covid19 deaths are those with underlining illness. REASON AM
nothing to reason

You can't understand because you are not a medical doctor!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Sister May Die Soon, I Am Sad / Replace Striking Doctors With Corpers - Ehanire, Minister Of Health To Hospitals / Akeredolu Presents Face Masks To Ondo Market Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.