Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,038 members, 7,956,866 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:01 PM

Interesting Stories Told By Sailors/deep Sea Divers/sea Farers - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Interesting Stories Told By Sailors/deep Sea Divers/sea Farers (5667 Views)

U.S. Divers Recovered Car From River With Remains Of Teenagers Missing In 2000 / Can Divers Enter Third Mainland Bridge Water? / Jaws: Divers Spots World's Largest White Shark 2.5tons In Hawaii(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Stories Told By Sailors/deep Sea Divers/sea Farers by SKhanmi: 9:02am On Oct 09, 2020
Obakovicho:

Most of dem hardly talk about the sea.
You know why?
Re: Interesting Stories Told By Sailors/deep Sea Divers/sea Farers by Miraj22(f): 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2020
The best thread I've read so far
Re: Interesting Stories Told By Sailors/deep Sea Divers/sea Farers by Obakovicho: 10:02am On Oct 10, 2020
SKhanmi:

You know why?
Stories and things they've seen
Re: Interesting Stories Told By Sailors/deep Sea Divers/sea Farers by Mel003: 8:28pm On Oct 10, 2020
q
Re: Interesting Stories Told By Sailors/deep Sea Divers/sea Farers by Obakovicho: 4:32pm On Oct 14, 2020
SKhanmi:

You know why?
They see things. But vowed not say else they'll get be killed when they enter the water again
Re: Interesting Stories Told By Sailors/deep Sea Divers/sea Farers by SKhanmi: 11:29pm On Oct 14, 2020
Obakovicho:

They see things. But vowed not say else they'll get be killed when they enter the water again

I guessed as much. Seems like I'll have to experience it myself.
Re: Interesting Stories Told By Sailors/deep Sea Divers/sea Farers by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 15, 2020
SKhanmi:

I guessed as much. Seems like I'll have to experience it myself.
killed by what they saw or their officials
Re: Interesting Stories Told By Sailors/deep Sea Divers/sea Farers by RuggedSniper: 6:53am On Nov 02, 2020
SKhanmi:
Now for laymen like us, you will wonder why they died and wtf is aero embolism. Well sea diving isn't as simple as potrayed on the TV. There are steps to be taken before descent and ascent. I'll try to break it down in layman language.

Basically, as one goes below certain depths in the sea, the pressure increases,imagine you lying on the ground and they placed a Boeing 747 on your back, adding more as you go deeper. Reason why deep sea divers are not crushed is that they stop regularly at selected points to let their bodies acclimatize to the pressure. This is done when going down or up. Now at this depths some gases like nitrogen which normally will be breathed out along with the rest will instead dissolve into the blood and tissues as inert gases during the period the diver is underwater. As he/she slowly rises up. It goes back to the lung to be breathed out. Imagine a rubber tire placed between two steel flat screens and pumped full of air to the maximum pressure allowed. At that stage only the pressure from the steel screens allows the tire to keep its elastic limit. Now imagine suddenly removing the steel screens. That tire is going to explode shocked See the human as the tire and the steel screens as the sea pressure. Only in this case, the nitrogen becomes active and forms bubbles in the blood and tissues which blocks blood flow and cause damage by stretching, tearing, or pressing on the affected parts. Those Russian divers where forcibly ejected from a great depths to the surface.

This is what they must have looked like, See attached. Literally bursting from the insides.

1 Share

Re: Interesting Stories Told By Sailors/deep Sea Divers/sea Farers by SKhanmi: 5:50pm On Jun 18, 2021
Kanshi1

You sent me a message? Can't access the mail

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Is Dakibiyu Located In Abuja / Life In Ukraine / See How Much It Costs To Charter A Private Jet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.