Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US (42467 Views)

I Snubbed Super Eagles Because Of Man City – Nedum Onuoha Opens Up / Nedum Onuoha: Former Man City Defender Says He Does Not Feel Safe In USA / Nedum Onuoha: Ibrahimovic Kept Saying He Was Going To Hurt Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by Jadden(m): 11:13pm On Jun 03, 2020
khia:

Sweetie ❤️ isn't the Netherlands being criticized for their portrayal of black people because of theat negative and racist character Zawart Piet(Black Pete)? I remember reading about this years ago. Black people were protesting the black character portrayed as Santa's Slave.
Lol, but I wasn't talking about the Netherlands.
Yeah, I've experienced racism personally in the Netherlands, but I'm not talking about it.
It's a long story.
It's Norway I'm interested in and talking about.
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by khia: 11:20pm On Jun 03, 2020
Jadden:

Lol, but I wasn't talking about the Netherlands.
Yeah, I've experienced racism personally in the Netherlands, but I'm not talking about it.
It's a long story.
It's Norway I'm interested in and talking about.
Oooops! Is Norway part of the Netherlands?
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by abbey621(m): 11:20pm On Jun 03, 2020
jojoseph:

So you don't think the slavery and systematic oppression of black race has not done irriparable damage on their sychic? Look at Africans today, don't you think we are in the same storm with black Americans we just not in the same boat. Just asking.

Damage, yes! Irrepairable damage, No! How can the suffering sof someone from the 1800s affect someone born in the 2000s? At what point do black people stop playing the victim card? Yes we were dealt a terrible hand in life but how did people like MJ, JayZ, Puff, Obama and countless others make it in life? Did they not face the same systematic oppression?

The Jews were basically destroyed in the early to mid 1900s, they came together and decided to uplift one another as a group instead of looking for sympathies from other groups. The Jews today represents the richest group of people on the planet, at which point do we pull ourselves up?

1 Like

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by abbey621(m): 11:21pm On Jun 03, 2020
khia:

Black Lives will never matter to Trump.

Did black lives matter to Obama? Name 2 things Obama did specifically for blacks in 8 years? I dare you!
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by khia: 11:25pm On Jun 03, 2020
abbey621:

Did black lives matter to Obama? Name 2 things Obama did specifically for blacks in 8 years? I dare you!

This I agree with but Obama wasn't a racist bastard who supports the Ku Klux Klan and is also a die hard member of.

Name 2 things Trump has done for black people, I dare you.

1 Like

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by abbey621(m): 11:29pm On Jun 03, 2020
khia:

This I agree with but Obama wasn't a racist bastard who supports the Ku Klux Klans.
Name 2 thinks Trump has done for black people, I dare you.

Why the f*ck would trump do anything for black folks when our own brother couldn't do anything for us? Charity begins at home remember!

You claim Obama is alright yet he failed us but the guy that you claim is a racist, you expect something good from him? HYPOCRITE!

Trump: Freed more black people from prison than Obama
Trump: Doubled standard deduction rates so that more people can receive larger deductions on their tax return
Trump: Reduced tax rates across the board. The significance? More small businesses can pay less tax, before tRump only the big businesses enjoyed tax breaks or loopholes.
Trump: For the first time in over 2 decades, black unemployment is almost as low as overall unemployment

Overall both trump and Obama haven't done enough for black folks but don't deceive yourself that one is a saint and the other a devil!
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by Jadden(m): 11:31pm On Jun 03, 2020
khia:

Oooops! Is Norway part of the Netherlands?
Two different countries.
grin
You need to leave the US and travel more to explore.
You won't believe how many countries and continents I've been to.
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by khia: 11:37pm On Jun 03, 2020
abbey621:

Why the f*ck would trump do anything for black folks when our own brother couldn't do anything for us? Charity begins at home remember!

You claim Obama is alright yet he failed us but the guy that you claim is a racist, you expect something good from him? HYPOCRITE!

Look you mor.on, where in my post did I say Obama was alright? You obviously lack comprehensive skills. Trump is the POTUS, he is supposed to stand for all of the citizens not just for the redneck racist pieces of shyt like himself.

2 Likes

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by khia: 11:46pm On Jun 03, 2020
abbey621:

Damage, yes! Irrepairable damage, No! How can the suffering sof someone from the 1800s affect someone born in the 2000s? At what point do black people stop playing the victim card? Yes we were dealt a terrible hand in life but how did people like MJ, JayZ, Puff, Obama and countless others make it in life? Did they not face the same systematic oppression?

The Jews were basically destroyed in the early to mid 1900s, they came together and decided to uplift one another as a group instead of looking for sympathies from other groups. The Jews today represents the richest group of people on the planet, at which point do we pull ourselves up?

Why are you Africans doing the same on your own continent? Why do you continue to let the whites steal your resources and control your own countries? Black Americans live in the white devil s land but you all have your own continent. When will you stop playing the victim card and rule over your own continent? When will Africans grow some balls and set a good example for all blacks globally?

1 Like

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by abbey621(m): 11:50pm On Jun 03, 2020
khia:

Why are you Africans doing the same on your own continent, why do you continue to let the whites steal your resources and control your own countries. Black Americans live in the white devil land but you all have your own continent. When will you stop playing the victim card and rule over your own continent? When will Africans grow some balls and set a good example for all blacks globally?

I don't know about you but I run a multi million naira busineses, own over 5 properties and have other investments froms stocks to bitcoin. My future, my kids future and their kids future is already secured so when you say Africans please be SPECIFIC!
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by abbey621(m): 11:53pm On Jun 03, 2020
khia:

Look you mor.on, where in my post did I say Obama was alright? You obviously lack comprehensive skills. Trump is the POTUS, he is supposed to stand for all of the citizens not just for the redneck racist pieces of shyt like himself.

Here's your last quote:

This I agree with but Ob[b]ama wasn't a racist bastard who supports the Ku Klux Klans[/b].
Name 2 thinks Trump has done for black people, I dare you.

Obviously you view Obama has the better president but couldn't back up your claim with 2 things he did specifically for black people....LMAO!

The moronic thing here is thinking I wouldn't see your bias from miles away, grow up little human, I'm way beyond your sentimental rhetoric grin grin grin
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by khia: 11:54pm On Jun 03, 2020
abbey621:

I don't know about you but I run a multi million naira busineses, own over 5 properties and have other investments froms stocks to bitcoin. My future, my kids future and their kids future is already secured so when you say Africans please be SPECIFIC!

angry My My My My My, I'm talking about the growth of the African continent and all your selfish ass can think about is My My My My My.
What are you doing to help the poor,?

1 Like

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by abbey621(m): 11:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
khia:

angry My My My My My, I'm talking about the growth of the African continent and all your selfish add can think about is My My My My My.

How can you generalize a whole continent without understanding the individual? It's like saying all humans are wicked! Your psychological games aren't working little one, you can't change an entire continent, heck you can't even change an entire city not to talk of a country. It takes collective efforts but all I've heard from you is bitch and wine, what have you done for Africa?
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by jojoseph(m): 12:13am On Jun 04, 2020
win2kwire:

Fair point but is not high level enough to capture the core issue/s.
America is about wealth and power not race, racism is simply a word for classism and blacks are subjected to it because they happen to have the poorest numbers in the demographic.
Asians, Italians, Irish used to suffer the same fate until they became visibly well off and adjusted. Black Americans are incapable of taking advantage of the many educational, skills and employment opportunities that even Latinos and Africans get.

It is natural that police goes to the poorest areas and less privileged for most of their work, afterall their salaries are mostly paid by the Capitalist movers and shakers of the society. Classism (what blacks call racism) cannot be ended with riots, you cannot change human minds and perception with any law. The only way blacks can end their treatment is to become affluent, competitive and socio-economic stakeholders.

Please you get it wrong, these people you mentioned in your write up, the Asians, Italians and Irish have never been enslaved in America or their fore fathers so you see, two have different experience in life. When the slavery was abolished, blacks were never given land or any resources to start their lives. But America gave Europeans land and other resources to jump start lives in U.S. The slavery and systematic oppression of black people is responsible to the position they find themselves today. The atrocities committed by the white people have done irriparable damage to the sychic of black Americans and that's why they are incapable of taking advantage of such things like education, and other resources that you and i take for granted. So my dear, racism do exist in America even the well to do black do suffer from it. Obama go back to Africa, you remember.

1 Like

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by khia: 12:15am On Jun 04, 2020
abbey621:

How can you generalize a whole continent without understanding the individual? It's like saying all humans are wicked! Your psychological games aren't working little one, you can't change an entire continent, heck you can't even change an entire city not to talk of a country. It takes collective efforts but all I've heard from you is bitch and wine, what have you done for Africa?
You are the one who bitch and whine. I'm throwing back at you the same bullshit that you throw at black Americans. Black Americans are supposed to be able to do this and do that in a white devil's land but what you require black Americans to do isn't being done on your own CONTiNENT. It's not about what YOU can do as an individual it's what ALL of you should be doing. Just like you don't recognize black Americans as individuals but as a group I will see Africans through the same lense.

The Africans sold blacks to these white devils, so my question to you is*What is AFRICA doing for her people in the diaspora to correct the HELL she bestowed upon them?* Until Africa right her wrongs she will continue to reap what she has sown.

1 Like

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by khia: 12:26am On Jun 04, 2020
abbey621:

Here's your last quote:

Obviously you view Obama has the better president but couldn't back up your claim with 2 things he did specifically for black people....LMAO!

The moronic thing here is thinking I wouldn't see your bias from miles away, grow up little human, I'm way beyond your sentimental rhetoric grin grin grin

Like I said, you lack comprehensive skills. I was agreeing with you hence the reason I didn't name two things he did for black people. With that being said, it doesn't take away the fact that Trump is all what I said he is. Again I ask you to name 2, things Trump has done for black people?

1 Like

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by abbey621(m): 12:34am On Jun 04, 2020
khia:

You are the one who bitch and whine. I'm throwing back at you the same bullshit that you throw at black Americans. Black Americans are supposed to be able to do this and do that in a white devil's land but what you require black Americans to do isn't being done on your own CONTiNENT. It's not about what YOU can do as an individual it's what ALL of you should be doing. Just like you don't recognize black Americans as individuals but as a group I will see Africans through the same lense.

The Africans sold blacks to these white devils, so my question to you is*What is AFRICA doing for her people in the diaspora to correct the HELL she bestowed upon them?* Until Africa right her wrongs she will continue to reap what she has sown.

I'm not going to differentiate between black Americans and africans because we are all the same black race. You're the one making that distinction! Anyone that argues with you that Africans are better than black Americans is foolish, the point remains the black race as a whole is lagging behind and blaming Trump is not going to solve anything. Self worth and self reliance goes a long way, I work with and manage a team comprising of white and black Americans so I know what I'm talking about.

Once again, you are spewing trash, still looking for whom or what to blame? History is history damnit, rise above it! Which brings us back to my initial point, blaming Trump or whites or even Africa for your woes is still victim's mentality, I prefer another approach, self accountability! I'm responsible for my own choices and to do my part to uplift the black race however I am not responsible for the actions of every black person!
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by abbey621(m): 12:50am On Jun 04, 2020
jojoseph:

Please you get it wrong, these people you mentioned in your write up, the Asians, Italians and Irish have never been enslaved in America or their fore fathers so you see, two have different experience in life. When the slavery was abolished, blacks were never given land or any resources to start their lives. But America gave Europeans land and other resources to jump start lives in U.S. The slavery and systematic oppression of black people is responsible to the position they find themselves today. The atrocities committed by the white people have done irriparable damage to the sychic of black Americans and that's why they are incapable of taking advantage of such things like education, and other resources that you and i take for granted. So my dear, racism do exist in America even the well to do black do suffer from it. Obama go back to Africa, you remember.

At what point does self affliction or self sabotage play a role in the satus of black Americans? Are you saying those in the 1940s and 1980s should be compared to those in the 2000s? America remains one of the most liberal countries in the world, are you saying the system is unfair to blacks to the point that the average African American is doomed never to make it regardless of the right or wrong decisions they make? I mean if we were to go on the principle that they were not given lands and blah blah blah, why then do Africans find it easy to come into the country and make something out of themselves? It's all part of the victim's mentality game, mindset is everything my friend, I refuse to give up on my fellow black Americans, our problem as a whole has always been inability to seek knowledge. We hate to read, a wise man once said if you want to hide something from black people put it inside a book....lol.
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by khia: 12:58am On Jun 04, 2020
abbey621:

I'm not going to differentiate between black Americans and africans because we are all the same black race. You're the one making that distinction! Anyone that argues with you that Africans are better than black Americans is foolish, the point remains the black race as a whole is lagging behind and blaming Trump is not going to solve anything. Self worth and self reliance goes a long way, I work with and manage a team comprising of white and black Americans so I know what I'm talking about.

Once again, you are spewing trash, still looking for whom or what to blame? History is history damnit, rise above it! Which brings us back to my initial point, blaming Trump or whites or even Africa for your woes is still victim's mentality, I prefer another approach, self accountability! I'm responsible for my own choices and to do my part to uplift the black race however I am not responsible for the actions of every black person!

I didn't blame anybody for anything I just presented historical facts, Trump is what I said he is and Africans did what I said they did.

What is so damn great about you, are you the only successful black in America? Aren't there a whole lot of blacks in America who are more successful than you? Are there blacks in America who's wealth in comparison to you would make you look like a pauper? There are over 40 million black Americans in this country, why do the millions of successful black Americans get overlooked and the focus is always on the less fortunate?

1 Like

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by jojoseph(m): 1:05am On Jun 04, 2020
tex73:

Well, everyone has a different story. I'm going on my 20th here.
I hope you're making a preparation for your old age, because America is a good place for old people especially fwrom Nigeria. No offense please.
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by abbey621(m): 1:09am On Jun 04, 2020
khia:

I didn't blame anybody for anything I just presented historical facts, Trump is what I said he is and Africans did what I said they did.

What is so damn great about you, are you the only successful black in America? Aren't there a whole lot of blacks in America who are more successful than you? Are there blacks in America who's wealth in comparison to you would make you look like a pauper? There are over 40 million black Americans in this country, why do the millions of successful black Americans get overlooked and the focus is always on the less fortunate?

Once again, you're the one bringing this up, I never compared my life or lives of those in africa to black Americans. I just simply stated if I could do it so can many other people, blaming what happened to your great great great grandparents for your inability to succeed in life is a FAILURE'S MENTALITY! Remember how this discussion started? Here's your statement:

Black Lives will never matter to Trump.

So directly or indirectly you were the one blaming Trump for black lives not being of importance in the USA. Glad I've been able to educate you a little bit....Emancipate yourself!
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by khia: 1:09am On Jun 04, 2020
abbey621:

Trump: Freed more black people from prison than Obama
Trump: Doubled standard deduction rates so that more people can receive larger deductions on their tax return
Trump: Reduced tax rates across the board. The significance? More small businesses can pay less tax, before tRump only the big businesses enjoyed tax breaks or loopholes.
Trump: For the first time in over 2 decades, black unemployment is almost as low as overall unemployment

Overall both trump and Obama haven't done enough for black folks but don't deceive yourself that one is a saint and the other a devil!

You are a damn liar who feeds off of the lying bullshit Trump feeds his idiots. Black unemployment is not low. The black unemployment dropped right after Trump took office and that was because of Obama's work. Years later during these horrific Trump years the black unemployment has risen and that is a known fact.

1 Like

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by Mightyjp(m): 1:14am On Jun 04, 2020
ProfDview1:
I don't know if this is the America I have lived for over 50 years and never got any problem.. Stayed in Europe over 30 years, Asia for over 20 years, I never experience racism untill I got to Nigeria, I was welcomed by tribalism.. Lo and behold, I enter one chance bus of tribalism....

Meanwhile I am still searching and single oo

pls

I need a lady (she must be a nairalander)

She must be rich, plus her parents comfortable

Average (height, boobs and ass)

She must be ready to spend on me

Fair or chocolate

She must trust me

Educated or self employed with hand work

Christian

Between 20 - 23

A Nigerian

She must think of a good future not make up

She must be able to reason well not like a fish

She must be good in conversation.

The most important one
She must be a godly virgin (pls note, godly virgin not just any virgin).

Thank.. Pls quote me if u av any... No insult

weed na bastard. . .
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by abbey621(m): 1:16am On Jun 04, 2020
khia:

You are a damn liar who feeds off of the lying bullshit Trump feeds his idiots. Black unemployment is not low. The black unemployment dropped right after Trump took office and that was because of Obama's work. Years later during these horrific Trump years the black unemployment has risen and that is a known fact.

Hahaha.....Just when I thought I misunderstood you and you could actually be intelligent, guess I was wrong, SHAME. Here's the stats to prove it:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/194151/unemployment-rate-of-african-americans-in-the-us-since-1990/

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by khia: 1:33am On Jun 04, 2020
abbey621:

Once again, you're the one bringing this up, I never compared my life or lives of those in africa to black Americans. I just simply stated if I could do it so can many other people, blaming what happened to your great great great grandparents for your inability to succeed in life is a FAILURE'S MENTALITY! Remember how this discussion started? Here's your statement:

So directly or indirectly you were the one blaming Trump for black lives not being of importance in the USA. Glad I've been able to educate you a little bit....Emancipate yourself!

What the hell is wrong with you? Take your head out of Trump's ass for just a minute and slowly read what I am posting.

1. Many black Americans are very successful so there is no reason to bring up what you have done, you are not an anomaly.

2. I never blamed anyone for the trials and tribulations of my ancestors and certainly not for any failures and successes of my own because I am successful, I realize that is hard for you to swallow.

3. It is foolish for you to put in your warped mind that I blame Trump for blacks lives not being important in this country. Blacks lives has never been important in this country, even before Your ancestors sold the first African into slavery to the US in 1619.

1 Like

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by khia: 1:37am On Jun 04, 2020
abbey621:

Hahaha.....Just when I thought I misunderstood you and you could actually be intelligent, guess I was wrong, SHAME. Here's the stats to prove it:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/194151/unemployment-rate-of-african-americans-in-the-us-since-1990/

Sorry, but those statistics (not facts) has already been debunked.

1 Like

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by khia: 1:43am On Jun 04, 2020
Jadden:

Two different countries.
grin
The last place I want to travel to is a white country. If I NEVER see a white person again it will be too soon.
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by abbey621(m): 1:48am On Jun 04, 2020
khia:

Sorry, but those statistics (not facts) has already been debunked.

LMAO.....Statista is one of the top statistical database in the world and most respected source for statistal data, if you can debunk them clearly show me your source and if you can't SHUT THE HELL UP!
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by abbey621(m): 1:49am On Jun 04, 2020
khia:

What the hell is wrong with you? Take your head out of Trump's ass for just a minute and slowly read what I am posting.

1. Many black Americans are very successful so there is no reason to bring up what you have done, you are not an anomaly.

2. I never blamed anyone for the trials and tribulations of my ancestors and certainly not for any failures and successes of my own because I am successful, I realize that is hard for you to swallow.

3. It is foolish for you to put in your warped mind that I blame Trump for blacks lives not being important in this country. Blacks lives has never been important in this country, even before Your ancestors sold the first African into slavery to the US in 1619.

Round in round in cirles like a mad dog....Your points have been rendered null and void....Try somewhere else with your fuckery!
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by khia: 2:11am On Jun 04, 2020
abbey621:

Round in round in cirles like a mad dog....Your points have been rendered null and void....Try somewhere else with your fuckery!

I see I struck a nerve, well sometimes the truth hurts.

1 Like

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by khia: 2:20am On Jun 04, 2020
Jadden:

Two different countries.
grin

What countries have you been to?
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by oshorstan(f): 6:16am On Jun 04, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
you dey mind that one? I go soon call my sister PiKin I dey suspect say na in as school never reopen

wetin sup way u wan call am? u day fear abi

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Christian Obodo Kidnapped Again In Warri / Rift Between Mikel Obi And Onazi Divides Super Eagles / 23 Funny Memes From The Nigeria Vs Egypt Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.