Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US (42465 Views)

I Snubbed Super Eagles Because Of Man City – Nedum Onuoha Opens Up / Nedum Onuoha: Former Man City Defender Says He Does Not Feel Safe In USA / Nedum Onuoha: Ibrahimovic Kept Saying He Was Going To Hurt Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 1:22pm On Jun 03, 2020
richard870:
What made you say that?
Common sense.
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by movingclouds(m): 1:25pm On Jun 03, 2020
ovie8200:

Don't mind them knowing fully well that more people died in the hand of people during the few weeks they were lockdown due to the COVID-19 and no one do or say anything about it. I have been living in USA precisely in NYC for more 20 years and also travel to other States and I have never encounter racism. Policemen did stop me 2 time, one for operating cellphone while driving and the other for beating red light. I got ticket for the cellphone because it was strongly against the NY State law and the other, the police said just be careful he let me go. Resisting arrest and not following police orders is what let killing people. It my opinion but it's the fact.
I might not be well informed, but I've never heard of black people fighting with the whites.. Here in my country, you'll see Hausa fight Yoruba for market, Igbo fight Hausa for streets..and here we are talking about racism when tribalism has torn us apart. I would prefer a stranger throw me a stone than a brother of mine

1 Like

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 03, 2020
Bruno3000:
grin The same US that some idiots want to run to. No where is safe, they won't hear words. Except the Lord watch over your footsteps and blesses ur hustle, u can achieve nothing!
The devil in Nigeria is not different from the one in US.
Happy is he that has made the Lord his habitation. This one is deep, only few can understand sha.
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by kelvindj98: 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2020
ProfDview1:
I don't know if this is the America I have lived for over 50 years and never got any problem.. Stayed in Europe over 30 years, Asia for over 20 years, I never experience racism untill I got to Nigeria, I was welcomed by tribalism.. Lo and behold, I enter one chance bus of tribalism....

Meanwhile I am still searching and single oo

pls

I need a lady (she must be a nairalander)

She must be rich, plus her parents comfortable

Average (height, boobs and ass)

She must be ready to spend on me

Fair or chocolate

She must trust me

Educated or self employed with hand work

Christian

Between 20 - 23

A Nigerian

She must think of a good future not make up

She must be able to reason well not like a fish

She must be good in conversation.

The most important one
She must be a godly virgin (pls note, godly virgin not just any virgin).

Thank.. Pls quote me if u av any... No insult
Sharap. Person wey never see airport sef dey talk, lubbish.
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by jrusky(m): 1:28pm On Jun 03, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

Just as the western world will stop believing in the boko haram and fulani herdsmen they see on news because they are nollywood stunts.

Oh heaven Mr man see how you reason Na wah oo
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2020
kelvindj98:

Sharap. Person wey never see airport sef dey talk, lubbish.

Haters

See ur portion
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by PatryG: 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2020
Beverlyjean:
Blacks are naturally aggressive...most blacks just love to resist arrest compared to the whites...in as much as racism should not b tolerated,but the truth is that it is part of the human mental system... the blacks 4kd up by selling themselves to the whites...the are still fucking up with their mentality... they believe all their problems are caused by the whites...they dint like school and they love crime, they feel going to prison is kool, they hv the highest number of strippers and baby mamas, they don't want to work , rely on child support and drugs... typical lazy entitled black mentality ... policemen are always in constant fear while dealing with them...they have so much hatred for whites and also very racist
You are very ignorant brother. I live in the United States. Read about the history of slavery and integration in the United States, I bet you'll delete your post and change your thoughts, and no doubts cry for the African-American.
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 03, 2020
[quote author=PatryG post=90267120]
You are very ignorant brother. I live in the United States. Read about the history of slavery and integration in the United States, I bet you'll delete your post and change your thoughts, and no doubts cry for the African-American.
[/quote

I hail find Raba for ur guy for naija na... Gud day
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by jrusky(m): 1:35pm On Jun 03, 2020
fortran12:

Who will you vote in? Creepy Joe?

Creepy Joe isn't and Trump is crawling bah?

Hey look here mr if you know you do not got what it take to be sensible and real than nonsense political emotion keep off my mentiion.
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by bizzibodi(m): 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
American police are very wicked,I remember how they murder dialled with 41shots even when he is dead flat,they still shot his foot.
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by Smartypant: 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
Asour:

You are able to find this because the Americans (while not perfect) are still the most forthcoming in terms of Statistics of these kinds of social issues today.

To quash your statistics about the US being the world's worse kindly research about Duterte extra judicial "War on drugs" in the Philippines and the attendant police killings there.

Again I dare you to refer us to similar convincing statistics here in Nigeria. Ours is messed up.

Look, I know that you guys enjoy licking Trumps stinking ass simply because of RELIGION, but the rest of the world knows that in the US , the Police will kill you in a jiffy for any slight offence. That's why you have protests in London, Berlin, Milan, Dublin and so many more. If you don't know that by now, sorry I can't help you. It's only the brainwashed Nigerian religious ZOMBIES that are still supporting TRAMP. Even many Republicans are now lining up against him.

Informative and educational links for you-

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/george-w-bush-calls-george-230818452.html
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/australian-camera-crew-attacked-police-100253005.html
https://www.yahoo.com/news/george-floyd-racism-protests-193534241.html
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/german-foreign-minister-trump-is-pouring-oil-on-the-fire-with-threat-to-deploy-us-military-103722548.html
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former-tennis-star-still-shaken-encounter-cop-15-200857622--ten.html
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article243193666.html

BTW, is Duterte and Trump not in the same camp of DELUSIONAL NARCISSISTIC LEADERS?

BYE BYE
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by Larrykaysail(m): 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
ogbiwa:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52898280
go back to ur country ,is not by force to stay in usa. This is my 9th year in USA, with no police issue, I party hard and club always
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by HALCYON44: 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2020
U r sick man, infact very sick u need to go to hospital for brain checkup
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by PatryG: 1:56pm On Jun 03, 2020
Where was your country or your great grandfather country? Everyone in this country except the tribal people came from somewhere not long ago and get naturalized. Do you know that over 10 Million red Indians, the original owner of the country called America were killed by the America founding fathers to lord over this land. Read about your history and stop looking stupid over your ignorance.
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by richard870(m): 1:58pm On Jun 03, 2020
Ibrahimmrfish:

Common sense.
You had better re-examine the sense wink
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by PatryG: 1:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
Larrykaysail:
go back to ur country ,is not by force to stay in usa. This is my 9th year in USA, with no police issue, I party hard and club always

Where was your country or your great grandfather country? Everyone in this country except the tribal people came from somewhere not long ago and get naturalized. Do you know that over 10 Million red Indians, the original owner of the country called America were killed by the America founding fathers to lord over this land. Read about your history and stop looking stupid over your ignorance.
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by ryklin: 2:02pm On Jun 03, 2020
DexterousOne:

White folks dont get lynched by the police in the manner blacks (and I'll say Latinos too) are lynched by the police

When black men talk like this
It worries me a lot
I feel its just weird he was the tipping point for all these with everyone losing their jobs to the pandemic as he really wasn't all that respectable a man. And I hardly feel anyone, even myself is worth what these people are doing to our cities. America is a bit less pan-African than you might think, many of the most horrible things I have heard regarding American blacks have come from other African immigrants and I am starting to believe some of it with this recent wave of looting. Many will complain of a culture among them such as not paying their medical bills (this kills their credit score, which eliminates your ability to ever get a loan in America) or abusing social security, but I do not really care about crimes where the victim is the public at large, but I lose respect for a man that robs pregnant women at gunpoint.

50-80 unarmed people are killed by American police each year and about 35% of those are black when only 13% of the population is black. That same 13% of the population (really 6.5% because it's all men) manages to make up 80% of shooting at cops so I feel understanding of why they are afraid, but they should still be going to prison when they wrongfully murder a man and need to be punished. With handguns and cars it is very easy to conceal a weapon as police approach. It is a huge problem, but I feel it is often overstated and I am glad the man that killed Floyd is imprisoned and would still love to see the 4 who assisted him brought to justice as well. I am also very happy many white supremacists are showing themselves as instigators and looters that of any race punished. I support the more straightforward protests and assemblies and people like Onouha saying they don't feel safe.

People are really exploiting this though, nothing is intact besides the pavement, and 15 more people are already dead. Here is an image of a old lady whose store companies was robbed and vandalized. People will be losing their jobs and be homeless. These mostly black looters are not only going out there and ruining stores in their black communities, but vindicating many racist views held against blacks. And America is a plenty dangerous enough country with only murder committed by civilians on its own.
I know data is limited back in Nigeria, but if you are curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAkY2tDQeGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpqndcVA4BI

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by Shaprara: 2:06pm On Jun 03, 2020
ogbiwa:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52898280

In the world of political correctness, a black man will always take the bait, do you expect onuha to say he likes the police, of course not he's just another black man taking the bait set by another white man. You've player football in white man land for long and you are saying you've got distrust for police. Maybe when he's told that black people are responsible for 42% of police killing, he would rethink
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by win2kwire: 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2020
Bruno3000:
grin The same US that some idiots want to run to. No where is safe, they won't hear words. Except the Lord watch over your footsteps and blesses ur hustle, u can achieve nothing!
The devil in Nigeria is not different from the one in US.
Happy is he that has made the Lord his habitation. This one is deep, only few can understand sha.
I beg shut up jare with this god and religious nonsense!
How does this dumb advice work?
Most Black Americans are devout Christians born and raised in the church...what did god and lord do for them
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by Androidlic: 2:09pm On Jun 03, 2020
oh
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by hardbody: 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2020
ProfDview1:
I don't know if this is the[b] America I have lived for over 50 years[/b] and never got any problem.. Stayed in Europe over 30 years, Asia for over 20 years, I never experience racism untill I got to Nigeria, I was welcomed by tribalism.. Lo and behold, I enter one chance bus of tribalism....

pls

Fair or chocolate

She must trust me

Christian

Between 20 - 23

A Nigerian

The most important one

Let us analyse this.

1. You have lived in America for over 50 years. Let us say 50 years plus 1 day, assuming you were born there. So you are at least 50
2. You stayed in Europe for 30 years and Asia for 20 years = 50 years. So add stay in America to stay in Europe and Asia = 100 years
3. You are still single at either 50 or 100 depending on the truth we want to believe
4. You want to marry a NL who is rich and will be able to spend on you (what did you do with your 50 years in America or 100 years in Europe/Asia and America. You made no money or you squandered it or the existence only happened in your head?

I cant even continue doing this. You will get your choice godly virgin.

Weldone Sir. Ancestor..
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by DonnyT: 2:18pm On Jun 03, 2020
I read a lot of comments here, some are well enlighten and educating but some are disappointing. Western media are all propaganda machine to deceive, brainwash and skew the truth from black and brown all around the world. They even turned black people against each other to maintain the status quo of white domineering. I found this video online and hopefully it'll do some educating to some folks that have bought into the western media propaganda narrative about black people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNgS78-Wjcc
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by lomprico(m): 2:21pm On Jun 03, 2020
Ghostrye:

Nigerian police force and SARS said I should send their regards

abi
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by lomprico(m): 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2020
Osobi32:
sure! With his money he is far safer here in Nigeria.

with his money abi? make kidnappers hear am first.

1 Like

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by lomprico(m): 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
Maroghene:

Did he mention Nigeria in all of the interview. Guy u need brain. He has lived all his life in the UK and is changing home for the first time in years.

Gently fuckoff my mention if you dont have anything useful to say. dingbag!
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by win2kwire: 2:30pm On Jun 03, 2020
Beverlyjean:
Blacks are naturally aggressive...most blacks just love to resist arrest compared to the whites...in as much as racism should not b tolerated,but the truth is that it is part of the human mental system... the blacks 4kd up by selling themselves to the whites...the are still fucking up with their mentality... they believe all their problems are caused by the whites...they dint like school and they love crime, they feel going to prison is kool, they hv the highest number of strippers and baby mamas, they don't want to work , rely on child support and drugs... typical lazy entitled black mentality ... policemen are always in constant fear while dealing with them...they have so much hatred for whites and also very racist

Fair point but is not high level enough to capture the core issue/s.
America is about wealth and power not race, racism is simply a word for classism and blacks are subjected to it because they happen to have the poorest numbers in the demographic.
Asians, Italians, Irish used to suffer the same fate until they became visibly well off and adjusted. Black Americans are incapable of taking advantage of the many educational, skills and employment opportunities that even Latinos and Africans get.

It is natural that police goes to the poorest areas and less privileged for most of their work, afterall their salaries are mostly paid by the Capitalist movers and shakers of the society. Classism (what blacks call racism) cannot be ended with riots, you cannot change human minds and perception with any law. The only way blacks can end their treatment is to become affluent, competitive and socio-economic stakeholders.

1 Like

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2020
hardbody:

Let us analyse this.

1. You have lived in America for over 50 years. Let us say 50 years plus 1 day, assuming you were born there. So you are at least 50
2. You stayed in Europe for 30 years and Asia for 20 years = 50 years. So add stay in America to stay in Europe and Asia = 100 years
3. You are still single at either 50 or 100 depending on the truth we want to believe
4. You want to marry a NL who is rich and will be able to spend on you (what did you do with your 50 years in America or 100 years in Europe/Asia and America. You made no money or you squandered it or the existence only happened in your head?

I cant even continue doing this. You will get your choice godly virgin.

Weldone Sir. Ancestor..

If. Na. So u no book, e for good
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by AudioMumu: 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2020
Stop deceiving yourself. It's the sign
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
America is one overrated slum

Be a real niggarrr

There is no end time anywhere
We should stop thinking this thing are signs of end times
We should stop attributing everything to end times, armageddon, end of the world, annihilation, holocaust, cataclysmic revolution and decimation
A lot of bad shit happened in the past( olden days)
Worse than what we are experiencing now
But no means of dissemination then

But now every little thing can spreads fast. News can spread out so easily

Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by GingerBreadMan: 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2020
ProfDview1:
Haters
See ur portion
GingerBreadMan:
cheesy cheesy - where did you get they awful picture from - na devil use/scatter that toilet like that!
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by Asour: 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
Smartypant:

Look, I know that you guys enjoy licking Trumps stinking ass simply because of RELIGION, but the rest of the world knows that in the US , the Police will kill you in a jiffy for any slight offence. That's why you have protests in London, Berlin, Milan, Dublin and so many more. If you don't know that by now, sorry I can't help you. It's only the brainwashed Nigerian religious ZOMBIES that are still supporting TRAMP. Even many Republicans are now lining up against him.

Informative and educational links for you-

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/george-w-bush-calls-george-230818452.html
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/australian-camera-crew-attacked-police-100253005.html
https://www.yahoo.com/news/george-floyd-racism-protests-193534241.html
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/german-foreign-minister-trump-is-pouring-oil-on-the-fire-with-threat-to-deploy-us-military-103722548.html
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former-tennis-star-still-shaken-encounter-cop-15-200857622--ten.html
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article243193666.html

BTW, is Duterte and Trump not in the same camp of DELUSIONAL NARCISSISTIC LEADERS?

BYE BYE

I don't support trump. I can't even if i tried. Im not an American Citizen.

The problem is, you claimed (pointing to Vox statistics) that America has the worse Extrajudicial Murder rates in the World. I faulted that claim by referring you duterte's Philippines now you want to claim they are all in the same "camp".

Any black (who by the way I know the US police have profiled and demeaned in the past ) who thinks the US is the Worse place in the World (like you claim) for a black person should feel free to head down to Africa.
That's all I said.

Cheers.
Re: Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2020
ProfDview1:
I don't know if this is the America I have lived for over 50 years and never got any problem.. Stayed in Europe over 30 years, Asia for over 20 years, I never experience racism untill I got to Nigeria, I was welcomed by tribalism.. Lo and behold, I enter one chance bus of tribalism....

pls

Fair or chocolate

She must trust me

Christian

Between 20 - 23

A Nigerian

The most important one

You only need clay bro grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Christian Obodo Kidnapped Again In Warri / Rift Between Mikel Obi And Onazi Divides Super Eagles / 23 Funny Memes From The Nigeria Vs Egypt Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.